Author Topic: Martial Law law  (Read 806 times)

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
Martial Law law
« on: October 04, 2012, 02:10:36 PM »
I guess this is old news to everyone but was new to me. I googled "obama passes martial law law" after hearing this on 1110AM, and it was true. Last bill he passed in 2011 contains a law that allows the gov to declare martial law during peacetime, suspend elections, use the military to INDEFINITELY detain U.S. Citizens, with no charges, if they are deemed "terrorist". From what I understand, you need only be a christian to be labelled "extreme", and thus capable of terrorism. Now all those concentration camps they're building in various states make much more sense. Guess this will come into use during a gun ban or who knows, but its coming, or they wouldn't of done it. Everyone else already heard about this?  Jeff
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Martial Law law
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 02:18:45 PM »
news to me.
i thought i was well informed.
i watch television a coupla times
a week  ;D

where are the camps at?
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline JonnyReb

• Where is John Galt?
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 02:52:49 PM »
Man bro they're everywhere...:-).  I don't know, was just quoting Glenn Beck.  Looks like I needed to keep reading before posting too,. That section of the NDAA law, section 1021, was struck down and removed by Federal court judge Kathleen Forrest on may 31st. So, unless I needed to keep reading even further, looks like they DON'T have the right to hold a U.S. CitiZen indefinitely. I stand corrected but am still surprised that never heard about the attempt till now.

Offline JonnyReb

• Where is John Galt?
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 02:54:46 PM »
Yeah Hunter, thats a good read, thanks for the link.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 04:22:23 PM »
ok
thank you nw hunter.
that bit of news had got past me.
but like sgt muldoon said in the
green beret movie, you can fill
volumes with what you don't read
in newspapers.

still, i wonder where they're placing
these camps? :-\
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »
i keep hearing about theses camps. just were are they are it

Offline 52bagman

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 01:28:18 AM »
Here's what I came up with several months ago;

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 01:29:40 AM »
I get a  kick out of the one at Camp Ripley MN. Keep believing everything you read on the interwebs.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 02:57:54 AM »
For those of you who are thinking that Judge Forrest's ruling is final, I have some bad news fer y'all. It don' mean chit! >:(

http://reason.com/blog/2012/09/14/obama-administration-argues-that-blockin

Sadly less than 24 hours after Forrest blocked section 1021, the Obama administration appealed the decision. They are continuing the argument that the NDAA is simply redundant with powers already granted in the 2001 Authorization for Military Force Act. Forrest disagrees, and maintains that her ruling would not conflict with those powers, but that the NDAA unconstitutionally expands the category of people who can be legally detained.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 03:11:58 AM »
why  isn't this talked about with the election coming up????
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 03:47:42 AM »
Trying to control a population under martial law and fight terroist at the same time has proven difficult everytime it has been tried. Trying it on the population that funds the govt. would seem even more of a hard row to hoe .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 04:26:13 AM »
like in the USSR back in the day ?
lets vote in good leaders and miss that one ..........

Offline JonnyReb

• Where is John Galt?
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 05:37:27 AM »
 Thanks fellas for keeping this thread alive, legitimizing it perhaps. I'm better off staying down below in the "conspiracy theory" postings most of the time, but do believe this particular subject is just a piece of the puzzle that is gun control. They were just prepping for the final push. My theory would start with their use of "fast and furious" type arguments to bring about reforming legislation and laws such as NDAA to justify squelching the critics. Of course there are many Amendments beside the 2nd they'd like to reform, and NDAA works on those parts of our Constitution as well. I just pray these people go away next month.  J

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 05:50:23 AM »
;D
like in the USSR back in the day ?
lets vote in good leaders and miss that one ..........
 Yeah, corporate sovieting of the USA...doesn't matter what you call an economic system...just as long as we run it..

Know any good leaders to vote for...on the ticket? ;) Not really , shame ain't it ?  ::)
..TM7

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 05:52:39 AM »
Thanks fellas for keeping this thread alive, legitimizing it perhaps. I'm better off staying down below in the "conspiracy theory" postings most of the time, but do believe this particular subject is just a piece of the puzzle that is gun control. They were just prepping for the final push. My theory would start with their use of "fast and furious" type arguments to bring about reforming legislation and laws such as NDAA to justify squelching the critics. Of course there are many Amendments beside the 2nd they'd like to reform, and NDAA works on those parts of our Constitution as well. I just pray these people go away next month.  J Keep praying  ;) something always spoils their plans , must be devine intravention !

Offline D Fischer

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 06:07:11 AM »
I'm not pro any incumbent politician but I doubt something like that would get anywhere. Bad as politician's are I think they are well aware that something like that would even rally their supporters against them. I read a lot of stuff that seem's to me exist's for no other reason than to rally the people, Truth is not required. Conservatives and liberals do the same thing. The problem I have now is that I have no idea who to trust. One of these days I'll believe something is a rumor started by a hate monger and will get caught with my pants down.

Offline JonnyReb

• Where is John Galt?
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 06:09:49 AM »
I agree Shootall, they just fail every step they take. Just can't win for losing but unbelievably they're in charge of running out country:rollseyes:

Offline magooch

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 06:39:18 AM »
Everyone should understand that if the Zero is reelected, it won't matter about which law has been passed, or not; it won't even matter that we used to have a Constitution, this guy and his party will do anything they want.
Swingem

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 02:56:01 PM »
Everyone should understand that if the Zero is reelected, it won't matter about which law has been passed, or not; it won't even matter that we used to have a Constitution, this guy and his party will do anything they want.

Some of us do understand this same old line is quoted EVERY election cycle, and has been since elections first burst on the scene. (Whenever that was). I do believe the Constitution has been ignored more and more with each adm. And will continue to do so, until it is only found in dusty old museums. UNLESS some future generation much smarter and caring than we are comes along.

More law's usurping our rights as a free society have been passed during every Adm I can remember. They didn't start with this present Criminal in charge, and won't end with him.

I  believe in term limits, and the only place it can occur is at the polls.Never,never vote for the same person twice for the same office.Even if it takes voting for the (BARF) other party's candidate.If they deserve a vote.OR a good third party candidate running.

In 2012 I'll do my best to stop people like B. Obama & Mitt Romney from doing what they want.
They can't have my vote..............They have both worked hard to dismantle this Once great republic, and the only thing they should run for, is the hole they climbed out of. "JMHO" I know others will vary ;)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline 52bagman

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 02:08:19 AM »
The Congress should have term limits. After being elected, two terms in a row can be served, then a manditory termof setting out of office. After the hiatus of one term set out they can run again for election and can serve another two terms after elected, ect., ect.. This way our good representatives can be reelected and the bad ones will weed themselves out, should also cut down on the full campaign mode while in office. JMO

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 12:30:34 PM »
CUT  OUT THE RETIREMENT BENEFITS WOULD BE A START  TO WEED OUT CARREER POLITITIONS
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.