Author Topic: Romney and NPR  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Romney and NPR
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 08:00:46 AM »
EQ..missing the point? Crews prioritize as to criticality and profit...Point is Mitt assails Big Birdism to save a few hundred million for a few reasons but ignores the 800 lb Gorilla in the room> ...to win votes from rightys who disdain public info, to put public info on notice, and thinks they are contentious with his agenda, and programs more future libbers.  But Mitt adds to the flood in the basement....He wants 18 new warships, more missile brigades, and other out of control MIC-intell spending gone wild, when probably a few more special ops units would do for US hegemony concerning a few thousand 'terrorist'., But what would one expect from Mr. MIC from Wall. Clearly, 54% of taxpayer dollar is spent on MIC...Mitt needs to walk down in the basement take and honest looksee at the flood he helped create but still ignores.
Same with taxes,,,cuts for wealthy primarily and corp tax cut, but closing loopholes and deductions...same thing for last 45 years...how's that working.? What about zeroing capital gains tax? What about Ryan circling in the wings with his obsession to 'reform' SS and Medicare? And Mitt and Ryan are both public assistence recepients, but now assail such programs; i.e. its OK to give money to wealthy and elites,,,but not OK to give assistence to underclass, such as they once received because it doesn't pay!....mmmmm,, 'Thou shalt not commit hypocrisy', Mitt.
..TM7
As to your analogy. How about having multiple crews working? Everyone starts at once, you know like having roofers, plumbers, electricians, concrete finishers and maybe even a code inspector all at the same time? Why at the end of a week everyone gets to go home early and have a beer.

In your world are we allowed to multi task? Sure there are differing priorities, the reason for elections right? If you think Public TV is good fine and dandy. But if you are only willing to stop funding if other things are done first I have a hard time understanding the logic behind that sort of thought.

Nice day to you Eyeore.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 08:24:49 AM »
  It seems as if Big Bird and the rest of the left leaning NPR were all as great as the obama supporters say, they could compete with every other existing  commercial channel.
  Trouble is, the lefties took something we all are expected to pay for and have used it as a left wing political tool.  If they had remained objective, perhaps the resistance would not be so strong.

Incidently; these favorites of the Obamabot crowd was awarded a $20, 000,000 contract to take a few pupprts to Pakistan and do a few shows. I Guess Barry never got over Big Bird and Elmo.. ;)
  Alas, the contract was suspended when it was found that the locals they had to work with ...were just as crooked as the Chicago mob..
  http://tv.yahoo.com/news/us-terminates-funding-pakistani-sesame-street-101418625.html

It looks like the Afghan version is still going strong;
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/nov/30/sesame-street-afghanistan

I have no idea how many million$$ they got to produce that "culturally-sensative" version..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 08:42:56 AM »
Then again it could just be the overenthusuiastic bias of the intransigent extremist. 8)

Surveys and follow-up focus groups conducted by the Tarrance Group and Lake Snell Perry & Associates have indicated that, "The majority of the U.S. adult population does not believe that the news and information programming on public broadcasting is biased. The plurality of Americans indicate that there is no apparent bias one way or the other, while approximately one-in-five detect a liberal bias and approximately one-in-ten detect a conservative bias."[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Public_Radio

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 11:57:05 AM »
Then again it could just be the overenthusuiastic bias of the intransigent extremist. 8)

Surveys and follow-up focus groups conducted by the Tarrance Group and Lake Snell Perry & Associates have indicated that, "The majority of the U.S. adult population does not believe that the news and information programming on public broadcasting is biased. The plurality of Americans indicate that there is no apparent bias one way or the other, while approximately one-in-five detect a liberal bias and approximately one-in-ten detect a conservative bias."[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Public_Radio
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Wikipedia articles are "opinion pieces" nothing more..nothing less;

Here is a different opinion piece..certainly just as  accurate or moreso, than your Wikipedia source.

http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/no-liberal-bias-at-npr-just-ask-npr/

Bernard Goldberg has has worked for the major news networks...and knows whereof he speaks..
        Now the Obama mahine has put out commercials featuring "Big Bird".  Really, should anyone who accepts political advice from an 8 foot fake bird...be allowed to vote?  I guess it apparently reflects the intellect of the average Obama supporter.. ;)
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 03:21:10 PM »
Sorry Bub, nice try at deflection.
It's not about Wikipedia vs  Rube Goldberg.
It's about surveys by The Tarrance Group (A national Republican polling firm) and Lake Snell & Perry (a nationally renowned public opinion and political strategy research firm) based on accepted polling practices
The political pundit's deep thoughts are his and have little if any relevancy to quantified public opinion.

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2012, 12:37:15 AM »
Bernard Goldberg gets my "Vote of Confidence" with regard to NPR.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2012, 12:51:04 AM »
  By now, most alert observers are aware that there are phony "research groups" made up to present their opinions as facts.....   If you need proof that all "research groups" are screwed up, just look at how the "polls" have jumped through hoops this year

As I see it, the most reasoned statement came from an Iowa farm in the last couple days.. when Mitt Romney addressed President Obama's recent focus on Big Bird on the campaign trail:
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"You have to scratch your head when the president spends the last week talking about saving Big Bird," he said. "I actually think we need to have a president who talks about saving the American people and saving good jobs."