Author Topic: Volunteers at reactor site  (Read 530 times)

Offline rio grande

• Trade Count: (39)
Volunteers at reactor site
« on: October 07, 2012, 05:02:44 AM »
When the Chernobyl nuclear reactor failed many brave citizens of the USSR volunteered to seal it up.  Many died, many are very sick.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/energy/2011/04/110426/chernobyl-25-years-liquidators-pictures/

Now many older Japanese are volunteering to help do the same at the Fukushima reactor.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500202_162-20076634.html

I wonder if any older Americans would volunteer to help the Japanese at the Fukushima site?

The situation in Japan is very grave.  Could get much worse. And it's not just a Japanese issue.

Offline Hairy Chest

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Volunteers at reactor site
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 04:52:09 PM »
The Ann Coulter fans definitely should go to assist.  Coulter said after the Japan meltdowns, "Radiation is good for you."  They should send her also.  Make her go.  Then watch, she will back out.  Just another Chicken Hawk.   :)   
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 04:42:07 AM »
Come one come all and witness first hand the love an tolerance of the American Liberal. Folks with all different views are welcome as long as your views are the same as theirs. If not they will openly call for your death in the most tolerant and loving fashion possible.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline lakota

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 07:03:40 AM »
I am not a nuclear expert. Going there to my death would not accomplish anything. I would not howevere mandate others to go to their deaths there either as was espoused a few posts ago.

Offline lakota

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 07:20:39 AM »
Its not that we should have 'volunteers' work on the Fukushima mega catastrophe...it should be mandatory experts go....go and do the right thing.
..TM7
There...that word highlighted in bold print doesnt sit well with me-then again I believe in individual liberty and freedom.
"You there! You are an expert in your field. You have worked hard and studied to become an expert  so we the benevolent State hereby sentence you to work at the site of a nuclear disaster until you are dead. It's for the greater good you know! The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one and such!" Geez where is Spock in The Wrath of Kahn when you need him?

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 08:47:45 AM »
Its not that we should have 'volunteers' work on the Fukushima mega catastrophe...it should be mandatory experts go....go and do the right thing.
..TM7
There...that word highlighted in bold print doesnt sit well with me-then again I believe in individual liberty and freedom.
"You there! You are an expert in your field. You have worked hard and studied to become an expert  so we the benevolent State hereby sentence you to work at the site of a nuclear disaster until you are dead. It's for the greater good you know! The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one and such!" Geez where is Spock in The Wrath of Kahn when you need him?

You don't get it, do you?  What he's saying is those from the nuclear industry should go first, since they are nuclear power's biggest advocates.  It is time for them to get out of their ivory towers and roll up their sleeves.  The people they are sending know nothing of the dangers.  The company doesn't want them to know.   >:(
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline lakota

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 09:40:13 AM »
No I get it. It is crystal clear. Its like saying that if time travel were possible the biggest advocates for abortion should go back in time and demand that their mother abort them before they are even born. You are advocating someones death because you dont agree with them.

Offline lakota

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 09:43:27 AM »
How do you propose forcing them to go? Would you drag them out of their homes at gun point or maybe hold their families hostage and threaten to torture and murder them if the nuclear guy refuses your request?

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 02:58:47 PM »
if there was 10 million volenteers what could they do? Clean up and discard to somewhere else.
It would be a big undertaking.   I would suggest pack it in rockets and send to the sun.

Offline lakota

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 03:21:17 PM »
why stop there? Why not kick down doors and force anyone thats ever used nuclear power to go? Lets force anyone who has ever used gasoline to go put out fires and deal with oil spills.  Lets force anyone who ever said anything about algae bio fuel to go swim in toxic blue green algae! Can I get a heil 5? Lets goose step on down the road and force some people to do our bidding!

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 05:23:05 PM »
if there was 10 million volenteers what could they do? Clean up and discard to somewhere else.
It would be a big undertaking.   I would suggest pack it in rockets and send to the sun.

Now it's too early anyhow for clean-up operations.  The disaster is worse than Chernobyl.  The workers now from what I understand are only sent to pump nitrogen into the containment. Maybe there is more. But cooling the melted fuel is the first step!  This requires rotating crews who reach their limit in a few minutes and then they are gone.  This will go on for 2 years approximately, providing another big quake doesn't collapse the fuel pool, of which the whole plant will be abandoned and NE Japan evacuated. 

Media isn't reporting it because it's really beyond the highest level 7.  Experts call Fukashima's multiple meltdowns level 8. Higher level for multiple meltdowns.

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 03:28:53 AM »
why stop there? Why not kick down doors and force anyone thats ever used nuclear power to go? Lets force anyone who has ever used gasoline to go put out fires and deal with oil spills.  Lets force anyone who ever said anything about algae bio fuel to go swim in toxic blue green algae! Can I get a heil 5? Lets goose step on down the road and force some people to do our bidding!

You're being silly again.  Going means first and foremost putting their collective heads and assets together to solve a hypercritical problem.  It means physically going and help with constructing or manning cooling apparaus in 3 minute shifts...it means organizing with Japanese trying to contain the whole freakin mess.  And it means not allowing more of this crap to happen or confounding it with N bomb radiation (which is zero so far) or international political gambits; because this problem is far far more critical than political charades..
..TM7

That's it.  Organize with the Japanese to end the crisis.  But that's not happening.  That is what these threads area all about.  Getting the Romney-bots away from their Fox News and ballgames and focused on the environmental disasters  and how nobody is doing anything about it. 

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 05:34:27 PM »
While the world hold's it's breath, the workers used are temps that get paid $130 a day.  They can work for 30 minutes per day, then they have to get out.  Is this a serious situation or what? 

http://fukushima-diary.com/2012/10/disposable-fukushima-workers-one-person-can-only-work-for-30mins-a-day-20-days-a-month-one-month-a-life/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FukushimaDiary+%28Fukushima+Diary%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 09:06:54 PM »
Sounds like it's time for y'all to "put up or shut up".
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME