Author Topic: Varmint Hunting in Montana  (Read 631 times)

Offline TGVet

• Trade Count: (0)
Varmint Hunting in Montana
« on: February 09, 2004, 07:16:42 PM »
Ok, here is the preverbial question once again.  I would like to come to Mt. with my two sons for our first "real" Varmint hunt experience.  By real, I mean comming to Mt. with 5000 rounds or more in various calibers between us and target ranges from as close as close can be out to 1000 yards and NOT comming home with loaded rounds.  Yes that means doing some serious varmint and predation managment and bringing home memories of a life time and doing it ALL on a blue collar budget. That means not paying the rich man prices charged by so many of the advertised ranches / hunting lodge folks I see all over the net and various
hunting magizines. SO, the question is, does anyone in or framiliar with Mt. have "solid" information on where to go preferably western to central Mt. ?
Thanks one and all for any help or "soild" reccomendations..

Rob & Sons

Offline taxmiser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Varmint Hunting in Montana
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 03:06:50 PM »
Greetings,

I live in Lewistown, MT which is the very center of the state.  Our "dog" numbers are down in the historic best areas (South of Malta) but locally most ranchers will allow varmint hunting without hassle.

Drop me a line if you would like to discuss this at length.  My wide's family is from Mt. Vernon, she is the eldest of twelve so we get out there often too.

dalesiemer@hotmail.com

Dale :D