Author Topic: Something to ponder  (Read 519 times)

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Eisenhower Conservative
Something to ponder
« on: October 13, 2012, 03:48:24 AM »
http://www.mormonwiki.org/Lying_for_the_Lord

If one's religion is their core beliefs, and they'll lie about that, would they lie about, say, political issues, do you think?
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: Something to ponder
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 04:27:37 AM »
Hey, isn't that what Muslims are supposed to do, lie for their faith?

On the other hand... the source posted is unfriendly towards Mormons, so that impinges cred some, just like stuff you read here about Muslims by Certain Posters. Doesn't mean info is wrong, just suspect.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 07:09:36 AM »
I was not aware facts are unfriendly to Mormons.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 08:04:43 AM »
I was not aware facts are unfriendly to Mormons.
No such assertion has been made.

http://www.mormonwiki.org is unfriendly towards Mormons, though - as it says on their site:

MormonWiki.org is not intended to be a comprehensive encyclopedia on Mormonism. Rather, it is intended to provide the kind of relevant information that Christians and ex-Mormons desire to be known about Mormonism.
sounds like an agenda other than objective info
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 08:22:21 AM »
Fact has no bias. That website presents facts; opinion is subject to bias, but facts stand alone. Mormonism has the belief in magic underwear, the magic salamander, and the planet Kolob. Those are facts, just like Christianity has the belief in the resurrection. (Maybe Kolob is the reason Mitt does not care about climate change and rising sea levels.)

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »
Rest assured there Chungdoquan, We are not liked by the majority of religions on this rock. However we have a deep respect for them. Missionaries go through out the world and start at 18 years old. They are not taught to lie or distort what is known by them and they are to pay their own way for the two years they are on their Mission. If the Church wanted to dazzle and lie it would use paid so called bible scholars.
We do not need to lie as we do not fear others and their religions. We know what we believe and preach/teach that. As far as the magic stuff, that is an attempt at word play. Kolob is as real as the sun for me and most Mormons I know, as it is part of our Scriptures.
There are four standard works of Scripture we use; The Holy Bible (King James Version) The Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price. They all Witness to God the Father and His Son Jesus The Christ. To the Atonement, Death and Resurrection of the Savior and many more Great and Important things as pertaining to the Kingdom of God through His Holy Prophets.
The world has The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon) Standard Works if you want to know what is in them get a copy free and read them don't let others think for you and mislead you. 

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 02:26:34 AM »
I've read the Book of Mormon. Don't get me wrong; I know Mormons, and most seem like nice enough folks, but they are not Christians. Unlike many others, I make an effort to not have opinions on things of which I know nothing.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 02:42:31 AM »
Rest assured there Chungdoquan, We are not liked by the majority of religions on this rock. However we have a deep respect for them. Missionaries go through out the world and start at 18 years old. They are not taught to lie or distort what is known by them and they are to pay their own way for the two years they are on their Mission. If the Church wanted to dazzle and lie it would use paid so called bible scholars.
We do not need to lie as we do not fear others and their religions. We know what we believe and preach/teach that. As far as the magic stuff, that is an attempt at word play. Kolob is as real as the sun for me and most Mormons I know, as it is part of our Scriptures.
There are four standard works of Scripture we use; The Holy Bible (King James Version) The Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price. They all Witness to God the Father and His Son Jesus The Christ. To the Atonement, Death and Resurrection of the Savior and many more Great and Important things as pertaining to the Kingdom of God through His Holy Prophets.
The world has The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon) Standard Works if you want to know what is in them get a copy free and read them don't let others think for you and mislead you.
there is no such thing as the perfect Church.  1st century Christians met in the homes of members, but now we build huge places of worship and I would guess that Jesus would rather we continue meeting in homes and spend those millions on widows, orphans, etc.  or limit it to pole-barn type buildings.    my own Church building is too ornate and the preacher will tell you that if a Church is not verging on bankruptcy, it's not doing it's job.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 03:04:58 AM »
I've read the Book of Mormon. Don't get me wrong; I know Mormons, and most seem like nice enough folks, but they are not Christians. Unlike many others, I make an effort to not have opinions on things of which I know nothing.

We may never agree on anything else, but we agree on this. The mormon Journal of Discourses Vol. 1 page 51, and the mormon Doctrines of Salvation Vol. 1 and page 19, totally contradict the the KJV of Matthew Chapter 1 verses 18 & 20, and others on the "Virgin Birth of Christ".
On just this one topic, Joeseph Smith, Brigham Young, and other mormon leaders have stated that: The Bible is wrong. This one issue alone "separates" the mormon and the Christian completely. All other issues, after this one issue, are inconsequential to the comparison. i.e. they no longer matter. This one, and most important issue of all, is a "deal killer" to the comparison. 
On another Biblical topic the Bible states that on Christs return, He will set up His Kingdom, and rule from Jerusalem (Israel), while the mormon says that he will set up his kingdom, and rule from the Independence, Missouri area. One present presidential candidate has taught this as a bishop in the mormon church.
Both stances by the mormon church call God a liar.
They worship a "different christ" from the Christian, yet claim the "real Christ". Islam does this, but claiming "their christ" is a mere prophet, all attempting to change something into what it is not, in an effort to get an upper hand on God in control of his people.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 02:57:38 PM »
Gee I live in an area that has a decent sized population of Mormons. They come door to door on a fairly regular basis as to make themselves almost as big a nuisance as Jehovah Witnesses. I don't ever recall seeing a Mormon female wearing a burrka. ::) And I've seen quite a few Mormon women.
The problem here isn't Mormonism. The problem is the political party of the guy who is a Mormon. If he were a liberal democrat,  liberal tolerance would kick in. Mormonism would be the greatest thing since sliced bread and questioning it would not be tolerated...But the guy isn't a democrat(in name at least) so his religion is open to all of the scrutiny and trash talking that anyone cares to dish out.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline FPH

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 03:09:41 PM »
I grew up 1/4 mile from a Mormon church and had Mormons for both my neighbors.  The father of one family was a Deacon  They were the warmest and caring folks I can describe.  They never tried to push their religious beliefs on to me or my family.  However , as I was playmates with a few of their children, they went out of their way to always include me and my sister in any trip or activity........and man can they make some good eats, and their Kids were polite, well mannered and made something of thereselves.

Offline Casull

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 05:15:47 PM »
Around my region women are saying Romney and Ryan, if elected, will have them in burqa's

Wow, tm, I didn't know that the women around your region were so pitifully stupid.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 06:47:00 PM »
I'm surprised that some would rather have a muslim than a Mormon. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline 280shooter

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 08:51:01 PM »
Around my region women are saying Romney and Ryan, if elected, will have them in burqa's
Want a good read on Mormonism, then read Jon Krakauer's "Under The Banner of Heaven"...I posted this another thread  a few weeks ago, but was deleted. Good book by an outdoor writer...
....TM7
That's odd. I've never seen a Mormon wear one. I guess some are just irrational.

Offline FPH

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 08:57:28 PM »
Saw them wear home made dresses, but they never tried to cover anything up.  They were very good seamstresses.