Author Topic: A Better Way To Elect Leaders  (Read 748 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
A Better Way To Elect Leaders
« on: October 15, 2012, 05:13:26 AM »
Got an idea, that would save hard working Americans, and some (NOT) so hard working Americans a lot of money and Grief, and be just as effective at electing our "UGH" leaders.Mint a GOLD coin, with  a Romney head on one side and Obama on the other. At a polling place, just flip the coin.Have a Rep from each party there to observe and keep it fair ::) . Melt the GOLD coins after the election. Give the proceeds to the winner, along with a Nobel Prize.

Don't bother with primaries, just let the party leaders choose their crime boss! What ya thunk?
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A Better Way To Elect Leaders
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 05:20:30 AM »
And you think the Dumycrats wouldn't try to rig that game?
Swingem

Offline Casull

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 10:58:28 AM »
I thunk this sounds like the beginning of another "lesser of two evils" thread (and we're only allowed one, you know).
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 11:00:53 AM »
And you think the Dumycrats wouldn't try to rig that game?

Sure they would! They both would. Nothing new there, but it would do away with useless debates and the money spent on them. More TV time for football, game shows, Oprah  ::) and other important issues. ;)

BTW! Another vote could be taken at the end of their term to evaluate them.Good evaluation, and they get to go home. A bad evaluation and they go to jail.Less running for office that way, and a chance of better quality candidates.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 11:09:40 AM »
I thunk this sounds like the beginning of another "lesser of two evils" thread (and we're only allowed one, you know).

NOW, NOW! You know better than that.Just a simplified, cheaper, more honest way of electing. No lesser that way! They both have a 50-50 chance of running the show.Sort of the Luckiest of two Criminals.Come on! Don't you think it would work? ;)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 11:11:31 AM »
LOL, it sounds to me like someone has an unfulfilled agenda. ;D
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 11:42:57 AM »
HEADS......i win
TAILS.....you loose

i got a better  idea..............

better than getting rid  of the electoral college
better than   ALL the primaries on the same day....the PARTIES  rig  the first few for sure
i see  NO logical way to get rid of the 2 party system.........[i am open to suggestions]

MAKE  ELECTION  DAY  APRIL 15.....TAX DAY
BALLOTS ARE ON THE TAX RETURNS

but  what about the parasites ah ah   i mean  poor that don't pay their fare share of taxes??[/i]
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 12:04:57 PM »
HEADS......i win
TAILS.....you loose

i got a better  idea..............

better than getting rid  of the electoral college
better than   ALL the primaries on the same day....the PARTIES  rig  the first few for sure
i see  NO logical way to get rid of the 2 party system.........[i am open to suggestions]

MAKE  ELECTION  DAY  APRIL 15.....TAX DAY
BALLOTS ARE ON THE TAX RETURNS

but  what about the parasites ah ah   i mean  poor that don't pay their fare share of taxes??[/i]
I like your idea.
You go to the polling place and hand in your tax return as proof of residence and as a form of ID.  If you do not file a return then you can not vote and if your line 16 (return) is larger then taxes withheld you do not get to vote.  If you actually paid taxes you get a vote for every $1,000 paid to both the federal and state system.

Offline JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 02:42:30 PM »
If you actually paid taxes you get a vote

I was with you up to here...

for every $1,000 paid to both the federal and state system.

But then you lost me.  Do you really think that someone like Barack Obama (who paid nearly 2 million in Federal and State taxes in 2010) should get 2,000 votes and someone like a moderately successful small business owner who makes 200K per year (who, if a primary wage earner for a family of 4 probably pays 20K in Federal and Stat taxes) should get 20 votes?

Just Askin'

Just a Shooter
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 03:08:26 PM »
The democrats would want to replace the gold coin with a zinc coin and send the gold coin off to a nation that hates us.
As far as voting goes a good first step would be to change the rules to not allow people who do not own property from voting on issues that affect property taxes.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 03:56:53 PM »
The democrats would want to replace the gold coin with a zinc coin and send the gold coin off to a nation that hates us.
As far as voting goes a good first step would be to change the rules to not allow people who do not own property from voting on issues that affect property taxes.

NOPE! You would open up a big can of worms with that. Just toss a coin between the R&D. The rest don't count anyway ;)

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 04:28:27 PM »
If you actually paid taxes you get a vote

I was with you up to here...

for every $1,000 paid to both the federal and state system.

But then you lost me.  Do you really think that someone like Barack Obama (who paid nearly 2 million in Federal and State taxes in 2010) should get 2,000 votes and someone like a moderately successful small business owner who makes 200K per year (who, if a primary wage earner for a family of 4 probably pays 20K in Federal and Stat taxes) should get 20 votes?

Just Askin'

Just a Shooter
OK on the federal level a single vote per person and on the state and local level you get a vote for every $1,000 you pay in income, property, sales, and personal property tax.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 07:19:07 AM »
How about a representative form of Govt based on a % of votes for multiple parties?
Reduce Fed Senate to One (1) seat per State.
For a party to have Fed standing and at least one seat in the House it must garner a minimum of x% of total votes cast should keep out the fringe lunatics on both ends of the political spectrum
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 08:56:47 AM »
I got a better idea,
Why don't we abolish ALL governments world wide.
Next we agree that EVERY EARTHLING has the same rights, Not Constitutional Rights but Natural GOD GIVEN RIGHTS.
Then we agree that YOU are able to CARE for YOURSELF and I am ABLE to CARE for MYSELF and that NO ONE NEEDS ANYONE to tell them how to live.
YOU MURDER - YOU DIE
YOU STEAL - YOU LOSE YOUR STUFF
YOU LIE - EVERYONE IS TOLD YOU ARE A LIER
YOU CHEAT - EVERYONE IS TOLD YOU ARE A CHEATER
YOU ASSAULT SOMEONE - THEY GET TO ASSAULT YOU BACK ( 3 FOLD RULE ) you break one bone I get to break 3

It would work.
Matt

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 09:15:41 AM »
uh Matt, I think thats called anarchy.  it's never worked.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 09:37:49 AM »
  Matt; ...You're kidding, right?  Solomon said nearly 3,000 years ago, "there is nothing new under the sun"..  These things have all been in place before...and we still have what we now have.. Please read my notes (in blue).
I got a better idea,
Why don't we abolish ALL governments world wide.  In order to abolish governments "we" must have power, governments won't just hand over their control..   First "we" get power...then, "power corrupts".
Next we agree that EVERY EARTHLING has the same rights, Not Constitutional Rights but Natural GOD GIVEN RIGHTS.  God agrees to that, but men in general, never will.  The Magna Carta (1066) and our constitution (1787) tried to accomplish this but there were men then and now who work daily, trying to undermine these efforts.
Then we agree that YOU are able to CARE for YOURSELF and I am ABLE to CARE for MYSELF and that NO ONE NEEDS ANYONE to tell them how to live. Until your neighbor crowds your property line, hurts your child or steals your goods..then we need rules, regulations, law enforcement and governance..
YOU MURDER - YOU DIE  Who decides, how do we establish proof when it is a case requiring much scientific investigation?  Who pays the bill for that..and who chases the perp through other states & countries in order to apprehend the accusedkiller..
YOU STEAL - YOU LOSE YOUR STUFF  Real snaeaky theives are hard to catch & convict..
YOU LIE - EVERYONE IS TOLD YOU ARE A LIER  Doesn't bother some folks at all..look at politics! ;)
YOU CHEAT - EVERYONE IS TOLD YOU ARE A CHEATER  See last reply..Clinton cheated multiple times as did Teddy...still, about half the people "honor & praise" them!
YOU ASSAULT SOMEONE - THEY GET TO ASSAULT YOU BACK ( 3 FOLD RULE ) you break one bone I get to break 3 Hammurabi's Law, worked for a time.. But suppose the original assaulter was from "clan A" and the injured one was of "clan B"..but "clan A" was 5 times as numerous and powerful as "clan B"............................and "clan A" had no desire to "do the right thing"..  Then we would have a situation comparable to the clans/tribes in remote Afghanistan & Pakistan..and they DO have a form of government

It would work.
Matt
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So Matt, what I am pointing out is that historically, we have experienced just such a situation..  As the so-called "Holy Roman Empire" , established by Charlemagne collapsed, western Europe lapsed into anarchy..no real nations and law was the law of the clans and geographical cultures...there was a "power vacuum".  These were the "medieval years or "dark ages"..
     ...But "nature abhors a vacuum"..that vacuum will be filled!
  As time passed, the more numerous & populous clans & tribes asserted their power.  Strong men who headed the stronger clans..became kings and built themselves fortresses..or castles.  These strong men gathered and allied slightly less strong clan leaders ..who became dukes and barons etc.   Under the dukes & barons , for even smaller land orbits, the dukes appointed sheriffs..

Anarchy or nihilism cannot stand long ..alliances will be made to "take power"..  That's just the way it is ...and always has been..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 09:48:02 AM »
 ::) :o ;D
― Albert Einstein

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 10:00:20 AM »
Anarchy doesn't work! As a matter of fact.........NOTHING works for long.Because of Mans sinful, greedy nature.That's why the Father sent his Son!

BTW! I'm shocked you didn't mention GW along with Bill and Teddy............Not really ;)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 10:26:48 AM »
Anarchy doesn't work! As a matter of fact.........NOTHING works for long.Because of Mans sinful, greedy nature.That's why the Father sent his Son!

BTW! I'm shocked you didn't mention GW along with Bill and Teddy............Not really ;)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Agreed NW..while I was answering Matt..it was on my mind that the real change must be done in the hearts of men.  No form of government or non-government will last long without this all-important change of heart..

Yes, I agree with Matt and must quote (Lincoln, I think)  "The government that governs least, governs best"...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 01:45:42 PM »

Yes, I agree with Matt and must quote (Lincoln, I think)  "The government that governs least, governs best"...

I'll give a big AMEN to that.
― Albert Einstein