Author Topic: For all you Haters of Romney because you think he's anti-gun!  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
For all you Haters of Romney because you think he's anti-gun!
« on: October 16, 2012, 05:56:52 PM »
He stated clearly tonight he would not enact any new gun bills plus you guys really need to stop spreading "the big lie" on guns and an assault weapons ban.  Please educate yourself before spreading false, misleading information to those who need to support him so there isn't another true AWB.

http://www.nrapublications.org/index.php/14069/presidents-column-29/

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
Re: For all you Haters of Romney because you think he's anti-gun!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »
The only real hunter in washington in years was Cheney, and he shot his friend. You all have *itched about what O has done in 4 years. He has not pushed for or passed ONE SINGLE restriction that I have seen confirmed.  If he were so hot about it, he had a Dem majority everywhere for 2 years,nada, zip, zilch.
     People who are REALLY into guns and hunting are not going to spend that much of their lives in a CITY, surrounded by PEOPLE, when they be sitting in a tree somewhere. Politicians are too into themselves and need the adulation of others to be able to tolerate solitude for more than a few hours for PR purposes.
     The only thing Romney ever hunted for was a dollar, and he found lots of 'em. He still has them all....... stuffed..... in the Caymans ;)
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 08:44:28 PM »
He stated clearly tonight he would not enact any new gun bills plus you guys really need to stop spreading "the big lie" on guns and an assault weapons ban.  Please educate yourself before spreading false, misleading information to those who need to support him so there isn't another true AWB.

Hmmm? You calling me a liar? Because he DID sign a Permenant assault weapon ban into law! That's not a lie, that's historical fact! You denying facts now? And he stated that assault weapons had no place in hunting so we shouldn't have them, completely denying the true meaning of Second Amendement, which any true American Patriot knows has nothing to do with hunting. That's another FACT dude.....get your own story straight before you accuse others.

Of course, if you have a "need to support him" you get a pass I suppose.

Meanwhile, you should think really hard about his past & curent stances on things of this nature. He's a prevericator who invariably says what he thinks his "audience of the moment" wants to hear. he did it as governor, and there is no evidence that he will not continue to do it.

His opponant may a $#i+ bag, but he hasn't shown me that he's one bit better.

Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Doc Brown.

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 09:09:02 PM »
On gun control I came away from the debates with this.

If Democrats and Republicans came together on the issue and introduced a new regulation on gun control Romney would sign it in to law. That doesn't sound to crazy since he should do what the people want him to do and if both party's came together on an issue it must represent the will of the people.

Theres only one small problem with this theory. Romney can say one thing and mean another so I don't know how to take him or trust him.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 10:16:31 PM »
  There is an old saying which is due for a timely resurrection right now, so here it is...  " There are none so blind ..as those who will not see."
  Gov Romney made it clear that the so-called "assault gun ban' enacted while he was governor, was an agreed upon measure by both antis and gun owners.  I think the article shown you above (by the NRA) made the issue quite clear.  We as individual citizens cannot keep a finger on the pulse of attempted legislation nearly as well as organizations like the NRA..who posted the above cited article.  Perhaps you didn't go to the other group cited in the article by the NRA....the Gun Owners Action League of Massachusetts..
  Perhaps you will be willing to admit that such an organization can watch firearms legislation enacted and/or pending in Massachusetts, than any single individual such as you or I can.
  Frankly; I would much rather take the word of the NRA or GOAL ahead of any politician trying to win an election..be they left or right.
   ..And as twoshooter says..it's too bad the ONLY hunter hanging around Washington these days is Dick Cheney.. ;) ;D ;D
     I sure would be pleased if it were I who shot one of those non-existant bucks!!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 11:58:39 PM »

Hmmm? You calling me a liar? Because he DID sign a Permenant assault weapon ban into law! That's not a lie, that's historical fact! You denying facts now? And he stated that assault weapons had no place in hunting so we shouldn't have them, completely denying the true meaning of Second Amendement, which any true American Patriot knows has nothing to do with hunting. That's another FACT dude.....get your own story straight before you accuse others.

Meanwhile, you should think really hard about his past & current stances on things of this nature. He's a prevericator who invariably says what he thinks his "audience of the moment" wants to hear. he did it as governor, and there is no evidence that he will not continue to do it.

AMEN!

If you (anyone) has any common sence you don't take allot of faith in spoken words form a politatian.. The ALL tell you what they want you to hear...

LOOK to what they have done in the past and WHY!! I do think he will be a safer chose, gun wise, than the current idiot.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 11:58:44 PM »
I read it. NRA spin trying to justify their support for a gun grabber. Note that the article carefully avoids stating that Romney didn't sign an assault weapon ban....that's because HE DID!

Same kind of perverications we see from the Obama administration. Which just makes it all that much more disgusting! :P

And once more....The Second Amendment doesn't have a damned thing to do with hunting!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 12:24:22 AM »
http://www.iberkshires.com/story/14812/Romney-signs-off-on-permanent-assault-weapons-ban.html

"Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts," Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony on July 1 with legislators, sportsmen's groups and gun safety advocates. "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

Like the federal assault weapons ban, the state ban, put in place in 1998, was scheduled to expire in September. The new law ensures these deadly weapons, including AK-47s, UZIs and Mac-10 rifles, are permanently prohibited in Massachusetts no matter what happens on the federal level.

Any questions?

So gov Romney says gun owners and antis agreed on that? Nice, he's just proven that he's more than willing to bargain away our rights! I didn't agree to it, did any of you? This is the sort of thing that the liberals do, chip away at it small pieces! And we lose everytime!

No bargaining concerning our rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ropadop

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Thank God for the great outdoors!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 12:32:26 AM »
If you trust Obama and the Dems to guarantee your 2nd rights over Romney and the Repulicans, you are clearly not an objective observer of history. Paul Ryan is an accomplished bow hunter.
Thank God for the great outdoors!

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 12:46:55 AM »
If you trust Obama and the Dems to guarantee your 2nd rights over Romney and the Repulicans, you are clearly not an objective observer of history. Paul Ryan is an accomplished bow hunter.

You don't get it! You can't trust either of them! One has proven it with his actions, the other with his words.

And what the #^&* does bow hunting have to do with anything? ::)

One more time......The Second Amendment is NOT ABOUT HUNTING! Until you understand that you are no better than a liberal/leftist/gun grabber.

Question fer y'all: If Bo Romney has changed his stance on things like Abortion and the Second Amendment.....excatly what has he done to correct his previous "mistakes"? Has he tried to change any of the laws he signed since his "revelation". Or has he just paid lip service to it., knowning full well that the pathetic/so called "conservatives" will go along with his verbal dancing.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 01:15:50 AM »
  Perhaps you didn't notice..that was a shotgun he bagged the turkey with..

Then this statement......     ."I read it. NRA spin trying to justify their support for a gun grabber." 

Naturally, the NRA cannot be trusted to defend gun rights..even though they have been doing it for well over a century!  ;) ;D

It is so much more logical to take the word of a politician who ran for president ...and failed.. ;) :D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 01:18:55 AM »
  Perhaps you didn't notice..that was a shotgun he bagged the turkey with..

Then this statement......     ."I read it. NRA spin trying to justify their support for a gun grabber." 

Naturally, the NRA cannot be trusted to defend gun rights..even though they have been doing it for well over a century! (1871)  ;) ;D 

It is so much more logical to take the word of a politician who ran for president ...and failed.. ;) :D   
              Only 2 people are able to run for the office..get over it!  Most others have..

Offline ropadop

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Thank God for the great outdoors!
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 01:43:54 AM »
I DO get it!! There are two choices for President!!  I did not vote for Romney in the primary. That was a hard choice. The choice between O and R is easy.  My choice is Romney.
Thank God for the great outdoors!

Offline tomtomz

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
  • Loaded for Bear!
    • Liberty!
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 02:19:45 AM »
Romney bought deferments with Daddy's money while my brothers served in Vietnam and were wounded in combat.

To me, this disqalifies that DRAFT DODGER from being POTUS.

He'll sign an assault weapons ban right after he puts down his (censored word) pump,  provided by Medicare to old limp noodle.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 02:28:33 AM »
I wouldn't bother worrying about Romney, obama has already stated he would like to see the assault weapons ban re-introduced.  And with a pro-hunting VP candidate I intend to vote for the GOP ticket.  And Ryan looks better in camo than biden would.......

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 02:30:56 AM »
On gun control I came away from the debates with this.

If Democrats and Republicans came together on the issue and introduced a new regulation on gun control Romney would sign it in to law. That doesn't sound to crazy since he should do what the people want him to do and if both party's came together on an issue it must represent the will of the people.

Theres only one small problem with this theory. Romney can say one thing and mean another so I don't know how to take him or trust him.

I got the same + he thinks all Full Auto's are already out lawed  :o . Both of them think assult weapons need to be controled as to not get in criminal or mentaly ill peoples hands , one must ask how best to accomplish this ? Then both talked hunting , sport and as a second thought self defense . The 2nd is about self defense and keeping govt. in check not deer hunting  ::) . Hear we go once more with the better of two evils  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 02:39:45 AM »
FACT:

ROMNEY SIGNED A PERMANENT ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN!! DEAL WITH IT RATHER THAN ACT LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED.

THERE IS NO "BIG LIE" IN FACTS.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 02:47:34 AM »
I don't really trust Romney on new gun regs, but I REALLY don't trust Obama. Can u imagine him in the next four years unchecked? Remember,he has spent the last four years running for reelection. He could do a lot of damage in the coming four years in between golf outings. I believe one reason Obama has steered clear of new gun restrictions in the past is because the NRA and others have made it a poison pill for congressman ( and women ) running for reelection. If Barry wins a second term all bets will be off.

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 02:54:44 AM »
If you can't trust the NRA nor any words that any politician says that is just nonsense.  Maybe you could wait for executive orders from Obama outlawing the importation of "assault" weapons.  Or maybe you could wait for Obama to elect Supreme court justices that will for sure kill off the second amendment.  Even if you do not like Romney you have someone that will not do that plus Ryan is an A+ rated member of the NRA, an avid bow hunter and regular hunter as well.  If there is a misunderstanding of the 2nd amendment he will clearly state the case and inform a President Romney.  Do you think Biden will do that?  Not!  To say they are the same, once again is insane.  If they were the same the debates would have been pretty boring.  Seems to me they disagree on lots of things--Like the AWB as Romney said he would not do it and he did it on National television, which most of the folks that dislike Romney, thought he would have turned tail and not taken on in a debate.  He was clear and the NRA is clear as well.  If you can't trust the NRA for what's happening on the 2nd Amendment, then you truly have no one you can rely on for information or you are extremely paranoid and probably run around your house with a tin foil hat.   ;D

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 03:03:35 AM »
  Perhaps you didn't notice..that was a shotgun he bagged the turkey with.. The poster I was responding too only mentioned bowhunting.......which has *&^% all to do with the subject matter.

Naturally, the NRA cannot be trusted to defend gun rights..even though they have been doing it for well over a century!  ;) ;D Uh huh.........and look where they took us, right straight to a gun grabbing baby killer!  ::)

It is so much more logical to take the word of a politician who ran for president ...and failed.. ;) :D You brought it up, not me, but since you have.......the cowards who claim to be conservative turned their backs on freedom.

Now, get over it! The so called conservatives of America are terrified of real freedom and they decided to support a neocon so they could keep their handouts, even at the cost of their freedoms and their childrens freedom! Learn to live with that reality and quit denying the truth!

Offline magooch

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 03:04:06 AM »
There a very few politicians I would trust with the Second Amendment; right now, I can't think of any accept maybe Sarah Palin.  However, what we face in this election goes way further than just the Second Amendment.  The guy who presently holds the office of President doesn't believe anything in the Constitution is worth preserving.  Anyone who thinks he would think twice about banning guns altogether if the political climate allowed it is self deluded.  The same probably applies to Romney, but I absolutely trust Romney with my country a heck of a lot more than Obama, or any liberal puke.
Swingem

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 03:24:48 AM »
least we forget the back door approach by the UN which Obama  supports .................
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 03:37:36 AM »
on the gun issue, I am terrified at the thought of obama appointing two supreme court justices.
your guns WILL disappear, you WILL pay for abortion on demand, you WILL become subjects in a communist country.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline SmokeEater2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 04:59:30 AM »
Romney was not my choice for the nomination but I would rather have him win than Obama.

Given a second term with no election consequences to worry about I have no doubt that Obama would enact more gun control laws by executive order if need be.

I don't think Romney would dare sign ANY gun control bill in his first term since it would kill his chances for a second term.

Offline Anna

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 05:52:44 AM »

Meanwhile, you should think really hard about his past & curent stances on things of this nature. He's a prevericator who invariably says what he thinks his "audience of the moment" wants to hear. he did it as governor, and there is no evidence that he will not continue to do it.

Cuts , come to think of it I do remember Romney on television some time ago defending his signing
of that ban while he was still a Govenor. Fair is fair , and Cuts is right about this. 
I don't have to go look it up, because Cuts did jog my memory about this fact. It's only strange that both of these politicians are betting on the fact that time may have played a role in making us forget.
There seems to be a lot of that going around these days in Washington.
This reminds me of all the crazy things that Hillary, and then Pelosi were doing. They would just remove them from the public eye for awhile in the hopes we wouldn't remember what it was they. were doing.They hit us with so much BS all of the time it would take an historian to keep up with it all !

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 06:00:50 AM »
Did I miss another DEBACLE? (Debate) :o
Yes I did......I had more important things to do, than listen to Political prostitutes stand on their versions of street corners and try and sell themselves to not just one John, but lots of Johns and Janes.

If you folks don't know by now ALL these political under bosses are for more power and wealth, you never will.They (ALL) want your guns! Every last one of the D's and R's in control.They need them to render us completely helpless.They love to see us snapping at each other like school yard teens fighting over a skirt.It works too! We are doing it right here and in coffee shops and in homes across America. The Republicans use the NRA as a tool for their stance on Guns! Think about it! If they didn't, they would loose lots of VOTES. They join the NRA because the vote is there, and for NO other reason.Truth be known! Ryan changed clothes with some one, picked up the gun and bow for a photo shot.BTW, I don't hate Romney or Obama..............I hate what they and people like them are doing to this place I call home.

We need to be talking about getting rid of all these hand picked enforcers of the sheeple, and then going out and actually doing it.

"Rant is over" And notice! I did it without slinging any PERSONAL insults at anyone on the forum. ;)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 10:54:24 AM »
I TRULY hate what they and people like them are doing to this place I call home.

We need to be talking about getting rid of all these hand picked enforcers of the sheeple, and then going out and actually doing it.

"Rant is over" And notice! I did it without slinging any PERSONAL insults at anyone on the forum. ;)

AMEN BROTHER!!!  ;)

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 11:45:54 AM »
  This we learned from this discussion...We cannot trust what any politician has to say...  Some even believe we cannot trust the NRA..

Taking the first premise..we cannot trust ANY politician....  Now, during the various Republican candidate's campaigns, each of us were seriously backing a favored politician.  Romney was not my first, second or third pick..but I am adult enough to realize that I don't always get my own way..  Since we can't trust any politician, what leads anyone to believe they can trust their favorite any more than any of the other candidates?  Does he have a halo..or possibly feathery wings?   ..But that cannot be so, since many here say NO politician can be trusted..
   Play it as you may; I think nthe NRA is more trustworthy concerning gun rights than any politician.. The NRA has been protecting 2nd amendment rights for nearly 150 years...
  I don't believe ANY politician can equal that record..even if he does have a halo and feathery wings.. ;) ;D ;D
*******************************************************************************************************

BTW:  More important than any agreement worked out between sportsmen and bunny-huggers...is the fact that if the Bamster gets back in he has  4 more years to issue "executive orders" and appoint a couple more SCOTUS judges..
  That alone is enough to drive any freedom loving man to vote against Obammy...

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 12:09:21 PM »
Romney bought deferments with Daddy's money while my brothers served in Vietnam and were wounded in combat.  Perhaps you can show us some proof of that Tom..?
I and my brother derved during Vietnam , another in Korea and the eldest in WW2..but I don't feel that way..Hmmm.
    To me, this disqalifies that DRAFT DODGER from being POTUS.  Does it also include the OTHER MILITARY AVOIDANCE guy (Obama) from serving?  After all, the cold war continued, then we had the 1st Gulf war and  many other actions..recruiting offices have been open since obama reached 18..

He'll sign an assault weapons ban right after he puts down his (censored word) pump,  provided by Medicare to old limp noodle.   Funny, Michelle never mentioned any such thing..not even on the VUE..while our embassies were burning
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
   Maybe Obammy didn't believe he should serve, seeeing he served in Africa..

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 02:18:45 PM »
Removed by request of author.
This thread is about Romney and his gun rights record.  I had to delete a couple of posts in this thread already because it was headed in the usual direction because of the behavior of the usual suspects.  If you can't discuss the topic, please find a thread with a topic that you are capable of working with.