Author Topic: LIVE FREE: Gary Johnson vs DemoPublicans  (Read 1271 times)

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
LIVE FREE: Gary Johnson vs DemoPublicans
« on: October 17, 2012, 04:04:10 PM »
Gary Johnson will be on the ballot in all fifty states.

Is there anyone running for president who'll be on the ballot in all fifty states, who will be a better choice for president?

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
Re: LIVE FREE: Gary Johnson vs DemoPublicans
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 05:33:14 PM »
Sure, Romney.  He won't allow Gambling to eat up and destroy families just for the sake of $ to the government.  He, Johnson, will support abortion, gambling, stick your head in the sand foreign policy, legalize drugs,  etc. etc. , but it really doesn't matter as he has zero chance of winning anything except maybe being a spoiler and giving the election to someone who truly stands against nearly everything most on this forum stand for.  Good luck to him and hopefully in Colorado and other swing states he will appeal more to the dope smoking, anti-military, young kids that would normally vote for Obama.  That is my hope!  It seems like whether its Ron Paul or Gary Johnson their rallies are full of people that want to legalize drugs, a movement coincidentally funded in part by George Soros-a true America lover.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 05:56:20 PM »
It seems like whether its Ron Paul or Gary Johnson their rallies are full of people that want to legalize drugs, a movement coincidentally funded in part by George Soros-a true America lover.
I didn't know that George Soros was a Johnson supporter.

there's a lot more to liberty & limited gov't than doing away with the DEA
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 11:43:22 PM »
Sure, Romney.  He won't allow Gambling to eat up and destroy families just for the sake of $ to the government.  He, Johnson, will support abortion, gambling, stick your head in the sand foreign policy, legalize drugs,  etc. etc. , but it really doesn't matter as he has zero chance of winning anything except maybe being a spoiler and giving the election to someone who truly stands against nearly everything most on this forum stand for.  Good luck to him and hopefully in Colorado and other swing states he will appeal more to the dope smoking, anti-military, young kids that would normally vote for Obama.  That is my hope!  It seems like whether its Ron Paul or Gary Johnson their rallies are full of people that want to legalize drugs, a movement coincidentally funded in part by George Soros-a true America lover.
good post.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 03:23:14 AM »
The big lie - Republicans want smaller government.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 04:41:49 AM »

Exceptional post!!!!!!!!
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 05:23:33 AM »
who lied?
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 06:03:45 AM »
who lied?

Republicans......in particular, all their presidential candidates in my lifetime.

Without fail, every single republican administration in my lifetime has increased the size and scope of government and it's intrusion on freedom.Not saying the left doesn't do the same thing, but they are up front about it. The republicans keep telling us they want smaller government, and keep making it bigger!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 07:02:22 AM »
What Cuts said^^^^^^^
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Anna

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 08:07:09 AM »
When Gary Johnson was the Govenor of this state . He was very pro militia, this was at a time the control of the National Guard was taken out of the hands of a Govenor and turned over to the Feds.
A local militia leader who I will not say his name, was told by Johnson to be ready at any time that he
the Governor may need to call him. In fact it was Governor Johnson who promoted this man back then to the rank of Colonel in the NM state militia.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 09:14:02 AM »
In my opinion if the founders of this country were transported to here and now they would be more likely to identify themselves as libertarians than they would republican or democrat. Theres only one party that stands for smaller government and less government interference in everyone's lives and that party isnt republican and it sure as hell isnt democrat.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 10:11:58 AM »
In most cases, a republican prez has to deal with a democrat congress, and they in turn hold the presidents agenda hostage and force their own big-spending bills to his desk.

on the other hand, a republican congress will work with a democrat prez (clinton for example) and come up with balanced budgets etc.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 11:01:38 AM »
In most cases, a republican prez has to deal with a democrat congress, and they in turn hold the presidents agenda hostage and force their own big-spending bills to his desk.

Never heard of the word VETO, have you? That's all a president has to do when congress is trying ram bigger government down his throat. If they can over ride his veto, that's something else entirely. But the Republican presidents in my lifetime didn't even try, and in fact they produced some of the most horrible expansionist bills in history....they just bent the American people over and had their way. :P

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 11:45:56 AM »

Never heard of the word VETO, have you? That's all a president has to do when congress is trying ram bigger government down his throat. If they can over ride his veto, that's something else entirely. But the Republican presidents in my lifetime didn't even try, and in fact they produced some of the most horrible expansionist bills in history....they just bent the American people over and had their way. :P
everyone knows about VETOS.  but for a republican prez to get ANYTHING done he has to sign some bills that he might not otherwise sign.
luckily, democrat and republican is our only choice.  under a libertarian regime, it would be more like nazi germany.   you know, suppress those who disagree, or, kill them.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 11:54:03 AM »

luckily, democrat and republican is our only choice.  under a libertarian regime, it would be more like nazi germany.   you know, suppress those who disagree, or, kill them.

Interesting thought process there. Not being a libertarian, I suppose I could be wrong, but it seems to me like I've noted that they believe in personal freedom to the max. But I suppose that if one doesn't agree with that thinking, then slandering them with untruths is a good way to keep the current scum in power.

I applaud your use of jackbooted thug tactics....they will serve you well under either regieme that we get foisted on us.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 12:02:24 PM »
I have always felt like the, "well your way is just like the NAZIS" thing was an indication that the claimant had run out of useful or valid things to say.  I will say though, that declaring the Hitler regime to be "libertarian" really, honestly, takes that to the next level. 

It almost makes me wonder if... nah... couldn't be...

Offline Gary G

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 12:17:39 PM »
In my opinion if the founders of this country were transported to here and now they would be more likely to identify themselves as libertarians than they would republican or democrat. Theres only one party that stands for smaller government and less government interference in everyone's lives and that party isnt republican and it sure as hell isnt democrat.

You are historically accurate for sure. Only the Tories would have supported the Republicans or Democrats and most of them left the country for Canada or England. In fact, the Tories would love the imperial aggression and crony corporatism of the Republicans.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Gary G

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 12:28:30 PM »

everyone knows about VETOS.  but for a republican prez to get ANYTHING done he has to sign some bills that he might not otherwise sign.

Let me recommend this book to those totally ignorant about libertarianism:

http://www.amazon.com/Libertarianism-Today-Jacob-H-Huebert/dp/0313377545/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1350598876&sr=1-7&keywords=libertarianism
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 04:08:18 PM »

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 04:53:01 PM »
I have always felt like the, "well your way is just like the NAZIS" thing was an indication that the claimant had run out of useful or valid things to say.  I will say though, that declaring the Hitler regime to be "libertarian" really, honestly, takes that to the next level. 

YOU THINK? ;)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 04:54:07 PM »

Clearly the poster doesn't have the first clue as to Libertarian priorities. Understandable, given the misinformation shopped around these days.

educate yerself, BUGEYE:
http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 01:21:49 AM »

okay, the absolute most important thing to me is the fight against abortion.
in the libertarian platform found here http://www.lp.org/platform
libertarians will allow the murder of unborn babies, and to me that is right up there with blasphemy in the list of sins.
when you condone such a vile sin, your soul is in big trouble, and no, I am not judging, I'm just passing along Gods message as we were instructed to do.

edited to add:  in the platform, look at item 1.4
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2012, 03:05:08 AM »
okay, the absolute most important thing to me is the fight against abortion.

Then why are you voting for a man who has supported abortion for his entire political career?

Offline Gary G

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2012, 03:32:17 AM »
Actually, libertarians are divided on the abortion issue as is the general population. Many believe that life begins at conception. All libertarians believe that violence against another person is unacceptable. More than half think that also includes unborn persons.

Do not use this in your reasoning against libertarians if you do not also use it against Republicans and Democrats.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Myself, I am torn between the protest vote and a vote for Gary Johnson.

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2012, 03:35:22 AM »
I think that pretty well says it all. Most of the R's & D's here are really all about getting to tell someone else what to do and how to live, whether it is abortion, drug use, or not paying for someone else's problems when you dont want to, and believing someone owes you something just because you exist. The both want to dictate, just from different perspectives. Neither say " do whatever the hell you want as long as you don't directly harm others".
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2012, 03:37:35 AM »
who lied?

The ones with their lips moving !  ;D
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2012, 03:44:38 AM »
who lied?

Republicans......in particular, all their presidential candidates in my lifetime.

Without fail, every single republican administration in my lifetime has increased the size and scope of government and it's intrusion on freedom.Not saying the left doesn't do the same thing, but they are up front about it. The republicans keep telling us they want smaller government, and keep making it bigger!

Did your new standard bearer Gary Johnson cut government in New Mexico?  Or did it grow??  Or is he part of the "Big Lie"?  This might enlighten some of the blinded:  http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=210816    :-X   Look out here comes more of the Big Lie!

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2012, 03:46:51 AM »
Thanks Gary!  The Big Lie has ensured the Biggest Lie remains!

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2012, 04:07:26 AM »

Did your new standard bearer Gary Johnson cut government in New Mexico?  Or did it grow??  Or is he part of the "Big Lie"?  This might enlighten some of the blinded:  http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=210816    :-X   Look out here comes more of the Big Lie!

Hmmm? You quoted my post. Where did you get the impression that Gary Johnson was MY "standard bearer"? I don't recall ever mentioning him.

Offline magooch

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2012, 04:34:30 AM »
Okay, I think we can agree that both parties have grown government, but there is a difference.  This time around we're faced with a choice of the Dumycrats who have grown government beyond any reasonable expectation to be able to pay for it.  I'm not sure the Republicans will be able to change it and begin to turn it back, but we know for sure the Dumycrats won't.  They won't even do a budget.

Talking about a third party is useless; it isn't going to happen.  At least there are some reformists (Tea Party) in the mix of Republicans and for that matter, I believe that the majority of Republicans actually would like to cut the size of government, but they know exactly what they're up against.  Start naming departments and programs that you would like to see cut and you're going to run right up against a solid wall.  Everyone will say, cut this program, or that program, but don't cut mine.

I think that maybe Romney's approach might be the only way to begin to get control of things.  He wants to limit total spending to 20 percent of the Gross Domestic Product.  I think it should be lower, but if that were made law, it would force the Congress to do its job and pass a budget.  Or so goes the theory.

Swingem