Author Topic: Mitt Made $15 million + from GMC Bailouts which he didn't endorse, huy?  (Read 1477 times)

TM7

Mitt Romney Profited By At Least $15.3 Million From Auto Bailout: Report
The Huffington Post  |  By Mollie Reilly Posted: 10/18/2012 10:10 am

GET POLITICS ALERTS:

REACT:
ImportantFunnyTypicalScaryOutrageousAmazingInnovativeFinally

FOLLOW:
Barack Obama , Mitt Romney, Auto Bailout , General Motors, Video, Business News, Paul Singer,Politics News, Delphi, Mitt Romney 2012, Mitt Romney Auto Bailout, Mitt Romney Auto Bailout Profit, Mitt Romney Finances, Mitt Romney Investments, TARP, Politics News

Mitt Romney, who famously authored an op-ed in 2008 suggesting that the federal government should "let Detroit go bankrupt," has been on the defensive in the Midwest ever since President Barack Obama's controversial auto bailout turned the struggling companies around. Political observers roundly agree that Romney's opposition to federal intervention may very well cost him Ohio and therefore the White House.
At Tuesday's presidential debate on Long Island, Romney attempted to recast the story, with himself as the champion of the industry (see the video above), but his comments at the time, recorded for posterity, have made such a reinvention challenging.
But while Romney's political fortunes may have been shorted by the Obama's auto rescue, the bailout was a boon for his personal fortune.
A new report running Thursday in The Nation finds that Romney and his wife, Ann, made at least $15.3 million -- and perhaps tens of millions more -- as a result of bailout funds paid to General Motors. The story, an early copy of which was provided to The Huffington Post, is written by investigative reporter Greg Palast and was backed by the The Investigative Fund at The Nation Institute.
Romney's windfall from the bailout is directly tied to his relationship with Paul Singer, the billionaire hedge fund manager who donated $1 million to the Republican's presidential campaign in April. As The Nation reports, the Romneys invested at least $1 million with Singer's fund, Elliott Management, which is known for investing in distressed or bankrupt companies.
One of those bankrupt companies was Delphi, an auto parts maker that hit financial trouble after being spun off from its former parent, GM. Singer's fund bought up a controlling interest in Delphi for about 67 cents a share on average, The Nation calculates. By last November, Delphi's initial public offering was priced at $22 a share, thanks in part by efforts to cut costs by moving operations overseas and employing non-union workers. Delphi's stock price has continued to take off, with shares closing around $32 as of this week.
But that profit was also greatly bolstered by Delphi's lingering ties to GM, which depended on the company for essential auto parts. The Nation reports:The Treasury allowed GM to give Delphi at least $2.8 billion of funds from the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) to keep Delphi in business. GM also forgave $2.5 billion in debt owed to it by Delphi, and $2 billion due from Singer and company upon Delphi’s exit from Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The money GM forgave was effectively owed to the Treasury, which had by then become the majority owner of GM as a result of the bailout. Then there was the big one: the government’s Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation took over paying all of Delphi’s retiree pensions. The cost to the taxpayer: $5.6 billion. The bottom line: the hedge funds’ paydays were made possible by a generous donation of $12.9 billion from US taxpayers.Since the Romneys had at least $1 million invested with Elliott by the end of 2010, with a third of that portfolio likely in Delphi, The Nation estimates that they made at a minimum $15.3 million off Delphi's resurgence.
As Phillip Martin has previously reported, Romney also profited heavily from the bailout thanks to Bain's investment in Sensata Technologies, which makes electronic parts for cars. He has been able to avoid paying taxes on some of those gains by transferring nearly a million dollars of Sensata stock to his own tax-sheltered nonprofit. Now that the taxpayer has helped save Bain's company, the Romney-founded private equity giant is returning the favor by shutting down an Illinois Sensata factory and shipping the production to China. Some of the 170 workers who are losing their livelihoods have been arrested in attempts to persuade Romney to use his influence to halt the outsourcing. Romney has declined to do so.
The bailout has proved to be a tricky point of criticism for Romney throughout the campaign. While it was controversial at the time, many now credit Obama's decision to continue the rescue program (started under President George W. Bush) with the industry's relative turnaround. Both GM and Chrysler did enter a managed bankruptcy, for which Romney took "a lot of credit" earlier this year. However, he has failed to mention that the companies may not have rebounded without the assistance of massive federal loans.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST:

Photos Of 17-Year-Old Mitt Romney

1 of 6

John McBride, San Francisco Chronicle / Corbis

Around the Web:
 Phillip Martin: Irony: Mitt Romney Profited From the Auto Bailout That ...
 Mitt Romney's Auto Bailout Stance 'Dishonest, Ridiculous,' Says ...
 Why Romney's Auto Bailout Ad Undermines His Defense Of Bain ...
 Romney ad jabs Obama on auto bailout
 New Romney Ad Hits Obama on Auto Bailout - ABC News
 Mitt Romney's Auto Bailout Stance 'Dishonest, Ridiculous,' Says Auto Union Chief
 Romney, Obama Had Same Policy for Auto Bailout: Lower Wages
 Romney, Obama descend on battleground Ohio
 A123 Bankruptcy Gives Romney New Example of Electric-Car 'Loser'
 Here's How/Why Obama Must Proudly Defend Government's Role in the ...

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Mitt Made $15 million + from GMC Bailouts which he didn't endorse, huy?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 12:50:04 PM »
Could you edit this to take out the comments by non GBO memberson that web site?
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 12:54:43 PM »
Thanx! :)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 01:53:46 PM »
the huffington post?? the most liberal rag in the country.  your story is hogwash.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 02:06:29 PM »
Facts don't have bias.
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline Anna

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 02:10:42 PM »
Could you edit this to take out the comments by non GBO memberson that web site?
sure....done....(problem with pad).  That should be better.
..TM7

Ain't that the truth, and these things were supposed to replace a lap top? Mine likes to change around
my spelling even when I get it right.Then we all got issued these new iPhones , WAY over rated !
Then AT&T charges a fortune to operate one of them . Have any of you ever been to one of their 
stores? Those people can double talk you better than a used car salesman .

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 03:15:12 PM »
Nothing short of death will keep me from voting for Mitt.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline magooch

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 03:36:45 PM »
I didn't waste my time reading the tripe from Huffington, but if it does happen to be true, then maybe Mitt should send Obama a thank you card.
Swingem

Offline gr8ful

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 03:40:21 PM »
so let me get this right, Mitt is bad for risking his OWN money by investing in the failing automobile industry?  :o :o :o 

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 03:44:35 PM »
so let me get this right, Mitt is bad for risking his OWN money by investing in the failing automobile industry?  :o :o :o
;D ;D ;D having your own money is foreign to liberals.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 07:47:02 PM »
He invested with what amounts to insider trading information. Oh, I'm sure it was legal, just not ethical--- exactly why capitalists have to be regulated.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 12:18:22 AM »
He invested with what amounts to insider trading information. Oh, I'm sure it was legal, just not ethical--- exactly why capitalists have to be regulated.
what's the opposite of capitalism??     communism??
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 01:02:04 AM »
  I suppose in the liberal train of thought, he should be more like Obama..  Grow up on the government dole..get educated at our expense and apply for college by claiming an alien student deduction.  Then after graduation, instead of being productive and building, designing, or creating something..spend his years causing disruption wherever/whenever he could (that's what a "community activist" does).
   Tragically (in your eyes) Mitt decided to invest his self-financed education to be productive and creative.  The business of a capitalist country..is business..so he built and  promoted businesses..enriching himself, along with thousands of others, raising his standard of living along with those other thousands.
  Here's a "fact" liberals don't like,.... " A rising tide raises all ships"...I guess you liberals just don't "get it"..   
   On the other hand..anyone who takes public money ..then rails against the very public whose taxes provide his livlihood..is very likely, some form of ingrate..
      BTW:  I guess I'm some form of a poor man's Mitt Romney.  I don't have an I-phone, I don't even want one; but through my Apple stocks  I have to thank all those who do buy I-phones.  My last report said my Apple stocks gave me a 28% return, with a 6% dividend.

Yes liberals; the world does indeed owe you a living...but sometimes folks have to work pretty hard to get it! ;) ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 01:21:26 AM »
Conservatives generally work for their income..unlike the freebies handed out by the jump-shot prez..
     http://blog.heritage.org/2012/06/13/morning-bell-auto-bailout-was-really-just-a-uaw-bailout/

In the provided article, please especially note:
 *************************************************************************************
                "  We estimate that the Administration redistributed $26.5 billion more to the UAW than it would have received had it been treated as it usually would in bankruptcy proceedings. Taxpayers lost between $20 billion and $23 billion on the auto programs. Thus, the entire loss to the taxpayers from the auto bailout comes from the funds diverted to the UAW."
************************************************************************************

The taxpayers lose $23 billion, the UAW gains $26 billion... coincidence?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 01:36:39 AM »
      BTW:  I guess I'm some form of a poor man's Mitt Romney.  I don't have an I-phone, I don't even want one; but through my Apple stocks  I have to thank all those who do buy I-phones.  My last report said my Apple stocks gave me a 28% return, with a 6% dividend.

Yes liberals; the world does indeed owe you a living...but sometimes folks have to work pretty hard to get it! ;) ;D
my daughter has worked for apple less than two years and has amassed around $8000 worth of stock.
capitalism works!!!
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 03:13:07 AM »

my daughter has worked for apple less than two years and has amassed around $8000 worth of stock.
capitalism works!!!

Apple--- another company that moved everything to China... So it's ok for Americans to lose jobs as long as a rich corporation is making lots of money? What about the US workers who do not have Apple stock, nor a job? It's a society, not every man for himself.

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 03:25:45 AM »
If it were every man for himself it WOULD be OK, but it is NOT.  EVERYONE built the roads, firehouses, court system, patent system, police force etc. The rich guy makes money by dumping on the workers, but who protects HIM??? Not himself. He calls the police. Then he forces the little guy to SUE him in the courts. If you want every man for himself, lets do it. BUT, not whats mine is mine , whats ours is mine, and come to think of it, whats yours is really mine too. THAT is what is happening.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 04:24:13 AM »

WE GET IT SWAMP! You have made that comment in a GREAT number of your posts on this forum.
Your a self proclaimed, party line voter. Making statements like that adds nothing to this discussion.Try giving reasons for your views. Add to this debate!

I think the OP is trying to bring out some truths about these candidates you won't hear during the debates.One would expect these stories to come from opposing sides of the isle, as campaign strategy. It really matters not where the article comes from, if it's factual.....Right?

Well! It shouldn't anyway.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Bear Rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 06:03:13 PM »
Facts don't have bias.

However, the leftist vermin in the media do.
Flintlock! Anything else is imitation.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 03:05:06 AM »

WE GET IT SWAMP! You have made that comment in a GREAT number of your posts on this forum.
Your a self proclaimed, party line voter. Making statements like that adds nothing to this discussion.Try giving reasons for your views. Add to this debate!

I think the OP is trying to bring out some truths about these candidates you won't hear during the debates.One would expect these stories to come from opposing sides of the isle, as campaign strategy. It really matters not where the article comes from, if it's factual.....Right?

Well! It shouldn't anyway.

I love all these negative Romney post but we can't let anything get in the way of getting rid of Obama.  That's the goal....stay focused.....save America.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 07:31:25 AM »
If it were every man for himself it WOULD be OK, but it is NOT.  EVERYONE built the roads, firehouses, court system, patent system, police force etc. The rich guy makes money by dumping on the workers, but who protects HIM??? Not himself. He calls the police. Then he forces the little guy to SUE him in the courts. If you want every man for himself, lets do it. BUT, not whats mine is mine , whats ours is mine, and come to think of it, whats yours is really mine too. THAT is what is happening.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Well;
   We can see that you are listening to the Elizabeth Warren/ Obamaradical leftist spin...and swallowing it !  .."You didn't build that business"..        But then, Obama never built anything..
   TM says Mitt has mde millions this way or that...  He picked that from the HUFFINGTON POST; so it may or may not be true..

Then some of you guys flake out because you understand that some of my 401K is invested in Apple..some of Apple products being made in China.. 
      Well, you guys are using a computer to access GBO..take a look..where was that made?  I'm believing that either all ..or most of the components were made in China.. ;) ;D   Shame on you!

Of course you are angry at Mitt, because you take Huffington Post at their (flawed) word..  If he and I are invested in China or the Caymans ..we can take comfort that we are not alone...you better climb upon Obammy for a while.. ;) ;D ;D ;D
****************************************************************************************

Politics Obama's pension includes Chinese and Cayman investments...
President Barack Obama and his supporters continue to slash at Gov. Mitt  Romney for keeping some of his private-sector wealth overseas, even though the  president’s Illinois pension is also invested in Chinese companies and a fund in  the Cayman Islands.
“When he talks about getting tough on China, keep in mind that Gov. Romney  invested in companies that were pioneers of outsourcing to China, and is  currently investing in countries — in companies that are building surveillance  equipment for China to spy on its own folks,” Obama insisted during the Oct. 16  presidential debate at Hofstra University.
The president’s overseas wealth is part of the pension he earned from his six  years in Democratic-run Illinois legislature. The pension, which is worth between $50,000 and $100,000, is managed by the Illinois State Board of  Investment.

Read more:  http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/20/obamas-pension-includes-chinese-and-cayman-investments/#ixzz29rPAO0hk

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 08:10:49 AM »
15.3 million for doing what is perfectly legal even though I don't really think it is the right thing to do. ???  15.3 million dollars, right? American dollars? If done in what I think is a proper way the outcome would be better though.

Participating in a scheme set up by the government to help out a failing industry? For all intents and purposes by participateing you are helping out a political adversary? Helping thousands of industry employees keep their jobs? Trickle down will keep thousands of others employed? The scheme was designed to get precisely this sort of investment? 15.3 Million dollars? Legally obtained return on invested capital? 15.3 million?

What kind of moron would not invest in such a thing? What kind of moron would not cash the checks? Thinking there is an even better solution would / should not bar a person from participating in a different solution.

Sounds like a mathmatical problem here. Which is better? Mitt has two apples and is willing to trade them for 15.3 apples to be delivered next year. Mitt would really like to plant the apple seeds from those two apples and collect apples at a much later time though far more apples, however he has nowhere to plant the seeds. What should Mitt do class?

No TM7 eating the two apples is not the correct answer.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline mannyrock

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2012, 08:21:04 AM »
    Oh my gosh, how terrible!  Mitt invested his own money in a high risk venture and actually made a profit!   Clearly he should be arrested and tried!

I would suggest that all of the complainers go out and invest their own money, instead of yelling fowl when others do it an actually make a return.  They have the chance to invest their money like everyone else, but they simply aren't willing to take the risk. Then they cry when somebody makes a profit.  Are they willing to take the losses that Mitt has incurred on his other investments? I'll bet not.

Apple, Microsoft, Yahoo, Altria, Con Ed, and a hundred other wildly successful stocks have been publicly traded and available for everyone to purchase for decades.  They have also been available at bargain basement prices at least four times in the past five years.

Investing in high risk ventures, and either losing or making money, is the esssence of captalism and is what built America.  It built the steel industry, the railroad industry, the automobile industry, the computer industry and now the internet industry.   The government didn't build these industries.  Individual people investing and risking their own money built them.   Why is it that blue collar folks always think that this is somehow "unfair."  I guess they should move to Europe and live under pure socialism where this type of thing doesn't happen as often.

Mannyrock

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2012, 03:43:08 PM »
Did anyone actually read that article. With its use of (likely), (Mitt and Ann) and other jargon my bet would be an attempt at trying to give more votes to the o.
If true, its an article trying to cast an investment as bad. If not, it is what it is.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 01:00:24 PM »
Umm, I don't think you have it correct. Mitt was extremely vocal in criticizing a bailout of GMC_ _said let them fail--very outspoken about that! But now we find out he made 15 million+ $$ asset stripping the bailout deal.  That's what we call Hypocrisy...with a capital H. For those that don't like Huffington Post, check out the links in the article.  Unfortunately, this kind of research is not issued by GOP central, or FOXy. This indicates the kind of 'sleeper cell' finance types he will be president for...
 Anna...keep at the IPad...takes a little getting use to....but still pretty handy device.
..TM7
could it be that someone would want to do the RIGHT thing even if it caused a money loss?

Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »
Umm, I don't think you have it correct. Mitt was extremely vocal in criticizing a bailout of GMC_ _said let them fail--very outspoken about that! But now we find out he made 15 million+ $$ asset stripping the bailout deal.  That's what we call Hypocrisy...with a capital H. For those that don't like Huffington Post, check out the links in the article.  Unfortunately, this kind of research is not issued by GOP central, or FOXy. This indicates the kind of 'sleeper cell' finance types he will be president for...
 Anna...keep at the IPad...takes a little getting use to....but still pretty handy device.
..TM7
So if in the end GM goes tits up and Romney is vindicated would you be satisfied? Or is the only solution to give back all of his ill gotten gains? How about he takes the profits and donates the money to the poor pygmy's ?

Mitt saw an opportunity to profit and he siezed it. Perhaps had GM gone the route he suggested it would be in better shape? Mitt could have been looking at an even bigger windfall. Does everything have to either / or? Is there room for "and" in your world? As in yours is not the best solution and I will take a chance to make a reduced profit anyway. I believe this is that spirit of compromise everybody touts as so danged important. " I don't agree with what you are proposing but am willing to concede it may work anyway"

What exactly is wrong with taking advantage of a situation? I would certainly like to think Mitt could figure out a way to make this country profitable. Wouldn't that be a crying shame.

Just for grins how would you be spinning this had Mitt lost his ass on this deal?
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2012, 07:07:11 AM »
Romney is, indeed, a very rich man...so? from what i've read, he's come by his wealth HONESTLY...a key factor, and...has paid taxes according to the current IRS tax code.
he has, and does, like the rest of us, take advantage of tax "Loopholes"
"Loopholes" are nothing more than deductions NOT forbiddend by law...it's that simple.
if a wealthy person claims a deduction that he has used in his earning that income, is that not as valid as you and i claiming the same? (I don't have a private jet, though...but i did use my automobile to get to and from work when i was working...a legal deduction at the time.)
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline Bear Rider

• Avid Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2012, 10:31:38 AM »
Romney has had his money in a blind trust throughout his political career. The entire thing is a red herring thrown up by Obama's handlers and echoed by his groupies.
Flintlock! Anything else is imitation.

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2012, 11:59:23 AM »
Romney has had his money in a blind trust throughout his political career. The entire thing is a red herring thrown up by Obama's handlers and echoed by his groupies.
In 1994, when he was running for the Senate against Ted Kennedy, Romney attacked Kennedy for disclaiming any responsibility for his investments, declaring at one point: “The blind trust is an age-old ruse.” He takes a different tack today, but even his own spokeswoman, Andrea Saul, has acknowledged that if he’s elected, he’ll move his wealth into a new, stricter blind trust, governed by federal rules.
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2012, 12:32:14 PM »
So...Romney recommends they go bankrupt......then they DO go bankrupt.....and those who had invested saw their investment go away and the assets, most of them given to the unions....?????

I'm not quite following the logic here.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)