Author Topic: Romney: The Boy Scouts should admit homosexuals  (Read 4086 times)

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Romney: The Boy Scouts should admit homosexuals
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012, 10:27:08 AM »
I think all scout masters who participate in boy scouts must be heterosexual.  There can be no compromise on this issue.  If boys who join are gay, they will learn in boy scouts to be straight. If they don't like it, then they can go join the girl scouts. 

Hairy. Agreed Sir. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

There has to be a standard.  Boy means man, not queer.

LOL! So you expect a guy running for president to go so far as to say that?  The president has no business in the business of the scouts, either way.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2012, 12:06:14 PM »
.....and some folks SEEM to think homosexuality is a bad thing.

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,266229.0.html
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline justme

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
It's not optimal...

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2012, 02:24:49 PM »
I'm supporting anyone that can beat BHO.

So am I , even if it were the town drunk , even that would have to be better than the village idiot .

Amen!  I fully support anyone who can put Barry on the curb.

I agree.  And to tell the truth, I couldn't care less what either of them think about the boy scouts. We have much bigger fish to fry.  Those that dig up comments from 1994 are a lost cause imo...

Those who ignore or skip over the part where Romney reaffirmed this position in 2012 are a lost cause IMO.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline powderman

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2012, 03:01:01 PM »
dblbass. So whats your point?? Other than slamming Romney to make hussein look good?? POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2012, 03:21:51 PM »
Romney's position on this matter is a moot point.......remember  the saying from a few years ago?  "It's the economy stupid."  It still is.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2012, 03:57:16 PM »
dblbass. So whats your point?? Other than slamming Romney to make hussein look good?? POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

Correct me if I'm wrong, haven't you condemned hussein in the past for his support of homosexuals? If so then why are you giving Romney a pass for doing the exact same thing?
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 04:07:56 PM »
Because we like him.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2012, 04:33:42 PM »
Maybe you didn't read the first portion of my post. "And to tell the truth, I couldn't care less what either of them think about the boy scouts. We have much bigger fish to fry".

It's either Romney or Obama, ignoring that fact is ignorant. And not setting aside petty issues with the logical choice is in my opinion irresponsible.  It's getting down to crunch time, and if we don't do something about this debt, the US as we know it is pretty much over. I have young kids so it's not me that I'm worried about, if you are abstaining from voting because of the boy scouts, it's pretty much obvious that you really don't care about the future of this country.

By the way, I love the fact that spell check on this site does not recognize the word Obama!!! ;D
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2012, 04:42:27 PM »
What part of "Please don't turn this into a lesser of two evils thread" did you not understand?

Offline Doc Brown.

• Contributor
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2012, 08:37:59 PM »
Gay people should be allowed to do what ever they want to do. They should be able to get married and have kids if they want. I don't think we should have a society that allows religion to rule its people. Even though we aren't out there suicide bombing building over religion right now doesn't mean we aren't as screwed  as the talban.  I have seen gay people all my life and that didn't turn me into a homo. So many people think that gay people have some kind of choice but think about this. Could you have sex with a man. Probably not. Its pretty gross to think about. If I had a gay boyscout leader I would have probably made fun of him to death behind his back but I don't think I would have turned out to be a homo over it. If you don't want your kid to be around the homo then you take your kid out. This means your kid looses out and probably all the other kids. This means we have allowed our religion to get in the way over what. I don't impose my religious beliefs on others and I don't want them to impose them on me. By not allowing gay people to have the same rights and opportunity's as others we are no better than the taliban.

To the point of the matter. Romney will say what ever he can to get elected. He is defiantly anti gay marriage and anti gay rights. It ranks higher as an issue for the Tea party and Republican base than the economy.  If he gets in all the Bible clingers and gun nuts will have there wildest wet dreams fantasy's fulfilled.  I think I drove by a tea party rally where they was hanging gays and mexicans on the stage. It was a real hoot. The only thing missing was the pointy white hats.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2012, 02:48:02 AM »
What part of "Please don't turn this into a lesser of two evils thread" did you not understand?

You initiated that by stating that they are the same... And I don't see a moderator title under your name...
Buckskin

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2012, 02:51:45 AM »
LOL , I can just imagine the newest merit patch the BSA will have to come up with for this one !
Something between a rump roast,  and the Lone Ranger ? 
I'm sorry , Anna do not even go there !  ;D ;D ;D

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2012, 02:53:05 AM »

To the point of the matter. Romney will say what ever he can to get elected. He is defiantly anti gay marriage and anti gay rights. It ranks higher as an issue for the Tea party and Republican base than the economy. Not even close to being true. If he gets in all the Bible clingers and gun nuts will have there wildest wet dreams fantasy's fulfilled.  I think I drove by a tea party rally where they was hanging gays and mexicans on the stage.  I think you were mistaken. It was a real hoot.  The only thing missing was the pointy white hats. 
Buckskin

Offline powderman

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2012, 03:19:42 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, haven't you condemned hussein in the past for his support of homosexuals? If so then why are you giving Romney a pass for doing the exact same thing?

dblbass. That was 18 years ago, hussein is today. I don't see how you can support him, but you are. POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline dwalk

• A Real Regular
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2012, 04:58:52 AM »
another place wheere government intervention in to private affairs.
as i recall, the BSA is PRIVATELY 'OWNED/FUNDED' orginization that recieves no government funding or subsidies and has the right to admit whom they choose, NOT who the government dictates. that was the court ruling long ago.
to me it's the same with ANY privately owned/funded organization...they should have the right to admit who they choose...men, women, homosexuals...NOT who the goverment says they they want to be admitted.
FWIW...i support that position.

don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2012, 05:44:19 AM »
“Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.”  ―    Rick Warren

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2012, 05:49:04 AM »

dblbass. That was 18 years ago, hussein is today. I don't see how you can support him, but you are. POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)

Powderman,

Did you miss the part where Romney REAFFIRMED THIS POSITION IN 2012 or did you just ignore it because the truth hurts?

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2012, 05:51:15 AM »
I ignored it......It makes no difference to me.  If Obama would have said it, it would have.  Anything I can use to cost Obama a vote, I will use in any way I can.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2012, 05:54:32 AM »

You initiated that by stating that they are the same... And I don't see a moderator title under your name...

It's funny that after all the posts you have in this thread not once have you given an opinion on Romney's personal belief that gays should be allowed in the Boy Scouts.

Hmmmmm.....I wonder why?

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2012, 06:28:37 AM »

It's funny that after all the posts you have in this thread not once have you given an opinion on Romney's personal belief that gays should be allowed in the Boy Scouts.

Hmmmmm.....I wonder why?

ahhh, yes I did. I stated that I don't care what his personal beliefs are about gays in the scouts.
He has no say in the matter anyway... Nor do I care what your personal beliefs are on the matter, even though you keep shoving them down everyone's throats.
Buckskin

Offline powderman

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2012, 06:52:45 AM »
I ignored it......It makes no difference to me.  If Obama would have said it, it would have.  Anything I can use to cost Obama a vote, I will use in any way I can.

Seems that dblbass is doing the same thing against Romney for hussein. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2012, 07:07:42 AM »
In the tradition of Scouting the President of the United States is always the head of the U.S. Boy Scouts. Obama is the first President in history to refuse this title. He has made it clear that he supports Sodomy over scouting.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2012, 07:39:07 AM »
People should have freedom to associate with whomever they want to. If straight people dont want to associate with gays and not let gays into their clubs that should be their choice. This freedom of association should apply to race and gender as well. We should be free to associate with people of their own choosing without others imposing themselves on that group or having the government do the imposing for them. Everyone should be free to choose their own peer groups. If gays feel that strongly about the boy scouts then why dont they start their own gay version of the boy scouts? They are certainly free to do so. Stop the social engineering.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2012, 08:19:59 AM »
He has made it clear that he supports Sodomy over scouting.
I missed this; could you proved the quote where the President made it clear that he supports Sodomy over scouting?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2012, 10:07:19 AM »
I missed this; could you proved the quote where the President made it clear that he supports Sodomy over scouting?

Everyone knows that.
Buckskin

Offline powderman

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2012, 11:25:06 AM »

Everyone knows that.

YEP, doesn't take a mental hvywt to know that.
LAKOTA. Good post Sir. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Offline Anna

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2012, 12:01:27 PM »
Because we like him.

Because he isn't Obama !

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2012, 12:16:23 PM »
You must have ESP.....

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2012, 03:16:13 PM »

Hmmmmm.....I wonder why?

Saint Romney is their man.  They will jump through hoops of fire to get him elected.  They pretend to be conservatives, but when he does otherwise, they look the other way.   ;)
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.