Author Topic: Obama endorses assault weapons ban  (Read 315 times)

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
Obama endorses assault weapons ban
« on: October 20, 2012, 01:18:09 AM »
Now I know you're all surprised about this....but, he was asked the question during his second debate with Romney.....

He not only endorsed it but seemed to indicate "other" bans wouldn't be out of the question.

I guess that's the real problem....once you ban one, the others are much easier to implement.

The press hasn't made much mention of this.....
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
Re: Obama endorses assault weapons ban
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 02:51:44 AM »
 Dick Morris, of Bill Clintons old crew, was on Fox a few days ago and stated loudly that if BHO was re-elected the UN's small arms treaty WOULD be implemented by mandate during the lame duck session following the election. Was kinda surprised to hear him blurt this out as theres been no mention of it for awhile and I assumed they were still working on drafts of the anti arms measure. Also, I assume it would still have to be ratified before its contents coul take effect. No matter what though, I expect at least some form of gun control to rear its freedom stealing head in the next 4 years, no matter which one gets elected.  J
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 05:44:34 AM »
Not that Romney would refuse to consider such legislation, but I think he is more concerned with the economy at this time.

As for the arms treaty, Obama will just issue a few more executive orders.

St762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 07:13:48 AM »
Dick Morris, of Bill Clintons old crew, was on Fox a few days ago and stated loudly that if BHO was re-elected the UN's small arms treaty WOULD be implemented by mandate during the lame duck session following the election. Was kinda surprised to hear him blurt this out as theres been no mention of it for awhile and I assumed they were still working on drafts of the anti arms measure. Also, I assume it would still have to be ratified before its contents coul take effect. No matter what though, I expect at least some form of gun control to rear its freedom stealing head in the next 4 years, no matter which one gets elected.  J

I agree! Another reason to vote for neither.  ;) 
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 10:12:20 AM »
Was there ever any doubt that Obama favored disarming law abiding citizens? The democrats learned their lesson well after the ass kicking they recieved in the 90's. Now they will not attempt disarming the populace until they are in a lame duck session and are no longer accountable to the voters.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 04:04:38 PM »
Hmmmm....let's see, a guy who says he'll sign an assault weapons ban and a guy who has already signed an assault weapons ban.....I know:

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783