Author Topic: To Vote, or Not to Vote! For Romney!  (Read 2289 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
To Vote, or Not to Vote! For Romney!
« on: October 20, 2012, 03:45:07 AM »
There has been much discussion on the title of this thread, with myself at odds with my beliefs, and fears of the future. I am not at all uncomfortable with my analysis of the mormon religion, nor of my beliefs of it's gains in influence should Romney be elected president. I have long since believed that the reasons we have such candidates is America's cowardly way of dealing with politics. They vote out of fear of one or the other candidate, and harshly deem the ones whom feel differently responsible if their candidate loses, which I see as ridiculous.
My Pastor, whom is also a long time runnin buddy, and at times a work-mate, on construction projects, have cussed & discussed our present situation regarding this matter. We "collectively as Americans" are here in the present situation because of a "falling away" of from "Christian values", and are helpless as to our own fate due to the voting masses.
However! After much praying, and discussion, my Pastor, and myself have come to the conclusion, that at this time in history, we can either support a moral, but lost man for president, or support an immoral lost man bent on destroying everything we as Christians believe in, and support.
Romney in my opinion, is in politics, a back and forth candidate, but as a "family man", both moral, and honest. His membership in a "cult" is a minus, but his basic moral values, and his "business sense" must be considered here.
Obama on the other hand, IS WHAT HE IS, and I am truly tired of hearing about that issue. His issues have been identified, and to continue an "obnoxious dialogue" about his latest debacle is as stupid, as his latest stunt.
It is with great reluctance, and dread, that I have decided to "vote" for Romney "not support", as 4 more years of Obama, might mean that there will not be a United States to revive.
Am I voting out of fear one might ask? The answer would be no. I am rendering unto Caesar, what is Caesar's, and knowing all the time, it is a move farther away from God, with the prayer that God will give me strength to endure the world and what it has become.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: To Vote, or Not to Vote! For Romney!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 03:55:04 AM »
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline magooch

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 04:12:56 AM »
I have no grand illusions about Romney, but I think he picked a good man for his running mate.  On the other hand, it doesn't take any analysis at all to figure out that what we have had for the last four years has been an unmitigated disaster.  It would take a real maroon to think that four more years of Obama would be a better bet than Romney and Ryan.
Swingem

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 04:22:59 AM »
To each his own!
It will make you more popular in your circle of friends.
It was hard for me, and took a long time to rid myself of party politics.
I don't think it matters anyway!Not now! Perhaps the next generation will get it right.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 04:26:03 AM »
Billy Graham endorsed Romney in a great ad or page takeout in a paper.  Look for it.  He basically said the same thing as you.  Romney is a moral man.  The real item people should think about is not so much the Presidency but the judicial appointments.  Supreme court yes, but all the other federal courts throughout the nation.  If Obama fills them with his leftists you know all religous acknowledgements, etc. will be thrown down and trampled under foot.  As far as the "cult" comment, I don't agree with that as it must be the only cult with 15 million members, but that is not what your post is about.  I think you came to your conclusion correctly and it is being shown in a lot of polls that evangelicals are coming to the same conclusion as you and they are doing in in droves.

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 04:39:20 AM »
Funny you should mention Billy Graham. For years Billy Graham's website has listed the standards by which a religion is qualified as a cult, and mormonism was listed on that site, as a "cult". Since the Billy & Franklin Graham endorsement, mormonism is "strangely missing" from "ole Bill's" website.
I suppose Billy Graham didn't want to appear to be the hypocrite I have always thought he was. This is just an example of what I have been talking about. So called Christian "religious leaders" further promoting a "cult" to be Christian, when it is NOT. This will not stop here, and I fear it will go the way I have said it will go, much to the detriment of the United States. Sadly we are here, because of it, and I pray I am wrong.

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 05:02:24 AM »
Let's see--Mormonism, or Muslimism--which is more troublesome?  Those mormons that attacked us on 9/11  Oh wait, that was muslims.  But those mormons who just killed our Ambassador--no, that was muslims too.  But, but the president at least once slipped and admitted to being a mormon.  Whoops, that's not right either.
Swingem

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 05:06:17 AM »
Let's see--Mormonism, or Muslimism--which is more troublesome?  Those mormons that attacked us on 9/11  Oh wait, that was muslims.  But those mormons who just killed our Ambassador--no, that was muslims too.  But, but the president at least once slipped and admitted to being a mormon.  Whoops, that's not right either.

??? ?

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 05:21:19 AM »
     Don't see the reason for the question mark. What magooch said made perfect sense to me. Sent my absentee ballot in last week. I voted for the Mormon not the moron.

Offline justme

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 06:48:47 AM »
Is Romney going to force anyone to be a Mormon? I think not. Are we having problems with Mormons now? I think not. Sort of a non-issue...

Offline powderman

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 07:09:34 AM »
DEE. I agree with what you said. I too have discussed this with 4 pastors and many Christians and have come to the same conclusion. Our conclusion was that we consider neither one Christian, but believe that voting for a moral man over an admitted immoral man is the right thing to do. All agreed that Christians needed to pull together to do whatever is needed to rid ourselves from the obamination in the whitehouse. Too bad many refuse to help. POWDERMAN.  :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 08:24:56 AM »
Is Romney going to force anyone to be a Mormon? I think not. Are we having problems with Mormons now? I think not. Sort of a non-issue...

That you, and many others would not get it, is not a surprise, and it being a non-issue, is the issue. It is a huge issue long term.

Offline scotsman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 09:17:31 AM »
I too have given much thought to the election and the choices we have presented to us. It is  my belief each person should examine and come to terms with what is right and moral in our complicated times. I first voted in 1976 for Gerald Ford and other than a couple of school board elections have never missed a vote. I will not vote on November 6th. I would never vote for Obama but niether can I vote for Romney, a man whom I believe is a caricature of all that is wrong with politics. Neither party or the individuals running represent me and I have come to the conclusion it is foolish for me to support them. I don't have a problem with what ever anyone else decides but I will not vote in this election.

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 09:25:12 AM »
I too have given much thought to the election and the choices we have presented to us. It is  my belief each person should examine and come to terms with what is right and moral in our complicated times. I first voted in 1976 for Gerald Ford and other than a couple of school board elections have never missed a vote. I will not vote on November 6th. I would never vote for Obama but niether can I vote for Romney, a man whom I believe is a caricature of all that is wrong with politics. Neither party or the individuals running represent me and I have come to the conclusion it is foolish for me to support them. I don't have a problem with what ever anyone else decides but I will not vote in this election.
Dear Leader thanks you for your tacet support sir.

The government handout line starts to your left. Leave your freedom next to your Bible and guns in the bin at the doorway.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline DDZ

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 09:28:15 AM »
We "collectively as Americans" are here in the present situation because of a "falling away" of from "Christian values", and are helpless as to our own fate due to the voting masses.

Thats exactly what bought us to our present situation Dee.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline dwalk

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 09:33:16 AM »
it's all really VERY simple...
do you WANT higher taxes? (He, obama, has already passed the BIGGEST TAX HIKE IN OUR HISTORY...AHCA...that's been affirmed by the SCOTUS) and wants to INCREASE them even more. just ask him...he admits it.
do you WANT higher energy costs? right now, gasoline is nearly $5.00 per gallon (here where i live) and obama has stated he wants it to go higher...this economy staggers under these fuel prices now and will STOP if they  continue to climb...nothing hard to understand about that, is there?
do you WANT our economy to slow down and perhaps, stop growing?
do you WANT higher health care premiums and college costs? both have risen substantially in the last few months. student loans have increased by 5% just last week.
do you WANT more on foodstamps? do you WANT more unemployed? there are more unemployed now and more on foodstamps than when obama took office.
do you LIKE the poverty level of 1 in 6 americans? and if you believe it, more american women living in poverty now than ever.
do you LIKE the average household income dropping over $4000 per year?
do you WANT a president that bows to the king of saudi arabia? do you want a president who fails to protect americans abroad? i'd bet there was a FMF within minutes of Benghazi when that dreadful assault began...
ask me if i'm better off now than when obama took office...no...i'm not! i'm worse off, now, than i've EVER been...i've lived under presidents, since JFK, as a working adult...
i could go on...
summing it all up...if you LIKE and WANT a repetetion of the last four years...then by all means...obama is your choice.

don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline Dee

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 02:42:34 PM »
Most miss the point on my struggle with Romney and his cult affiliation. For any that MIGHT understand, I would say to them, that Satan comes as an angel of light, to those whom seek deliverance. It is a false light, bearing a false hope of salvation. To most, Satan is pictured as having horns and a tail, but he in fact was the most beautiful angel of all, and his "pride and vanity" caused him to fall.
He will not send a troll to lead us farther away from God, but instead a promise of comfort and safety thru a person of appeal. Most will fall for it. Like it or not, you, and I suppose I, are voting for a man that has stood in a "cult pulpit" and openly called God a liar. A little more freedom traded for the "promise of maybe" a little security.

Offline powderman

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 02:53:36 PM »
God used non believers all through the Bible to do his work, Cyrus was a good example. He was an idol worshipper, but God used him to topple an even worse tyrant. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Gary G

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 03:46:33 PM »
Of all the good men in America, do you ever wonder how we always get saddled with two of the worst?

I will vote the "protest vote" against the Oligarchy that chose them, knowing that both men will do their bidding. You, ordinary people, will always be robbed to bailout the banks, etc, as long as you continue to sanction it with your vote, which makes no more difference than a grain of sand on the beach to anyone but them.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Dee

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 04:15:36 PM »
God used non believers all through the Bible to do his work, Cyrus was a good example. He was an idol worshipper, but God used him to topple an even worse tyrant. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

And God used evil empires, and men to bring Israel to it's knees, when it "fell away from God". Your logic here is illogical powderman. Like it or not, Romney is a step away from God, and nothing you can say will dispel that fact. To think otherwise is fooling yourself. I am voting this man because Americans have long since learned to settle for less, when they don't really have to.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 04:16:20 PM »
One religion is as good as the next.  I just want a leader that will do a good job.  I'd be more concerned if he were a fundamentalist Christian than a mormon..
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 08:33:35 PM »
Of all the good men in America, do you ever wonder how we always get saddled with two of the worst?

I will vote the "protest vote" against the Oligarchy that chose them, knowing that both men will do their bidding. You, ordinary people, will always be robbed to bailout the banks, etc, as long as you continue to sanction it with your vote, which makes no more difference than a grain of sand on the beach to anyone but them.
The oligarchy would like to thank you too, for your tacit support.

The time to protest has passed, RP is not available sir. The two are different. If in fact we are headed to a cliff by both parties why should you mat the throttle with Dear Leader at the wheel? Putting another in charge may buy the time we need to get the brakes applied.

I can only assume you are happy to see things continue exactly as they have been.

Offline magooch

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 04:19:01 AM »
I have to wonder what makes anyone think that their religion is any better than any other religion.  I'm not religious, but that doesn't mean that I have anything against those who are.  If it makes a person more moral and decent--hey all the better.
I've known a few mormons and they were very nice people.  I've known a lot of people who claimed to be Christians who were not very nice.  I don't personally know any muslims, or any other weird religions and I don't want to.  I know that makes me as prejudiced as anyone else.  The point is that one can claim to be any religion they like and still be good, or bad.  The one who sits in the White House claims to be a Christian and that sure doesn't make me feel one bit better about him.
If I had my druthers, I'd pick a very moral, common sense person with principles to lead the country.  Their religion wouldn't be a big deal as long as it didn't get in the way of doing the job.
Swingem

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 08:57:34 AM »
To each his own!
I don't think it matters anyway!Not now! Perhaps the next generation will get it right.
Is this an I don't care analysis or a pass the buck initiative? Seems to me this is exactly the attitude that got us into this mess. At least Romney would make an attempt to set things right but the empty seat we are watching in inaction (Libya debacle) is unnacceptable. Anarchy is preferrable to the present White House ship of bums.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline powderman

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 09:16:25 AM »
To each his own!
Is this an I don't care analysis or a pass the buck initiative? Seems to me this is exactly the attitude that got us into this mess. At least Romney would make an attempt to set things right but the empty seat we are watching in inaction (Libya debacle) is unnacceptable. Anarchy is preferrable to the present White House ship of bums.

RICK. Good post Sir.
DEE, nothing illogical about what I said, reread my post. No, Romney is no Christian, but maybe God will use him as he did Cyrus to free us of the obamination we have now. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline Dee

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »
I understood what you said, did you understand what I said? He may use him to bring us to our knees, like He used the Romans to bring Israel to theirs. I know the concept is hard for you to understand, but when you throw in with heathens for any reason, this does not make God happy. A Godly nation is a Godly nation with Godly leadership. Show in any instant where God was pleased with a heathen leading His people. The concept will not work.
I think I pretty much said what I had to say, in my opening post, and I wasn't thinking about anything else, as far as someone trying to justify this any further.
Obama is what he is, and Romney is also. Romney is once again the "lessor of". I am doing something I said I would never do again, most likely won't. I just don't feel America as I know it will survive another 4 with Obama. I am just trying to buy a little time to get some things done, hopefully in 4 or less years. I am not counting on Romney to save me, just buy me a little time. I don't have much else to add to this.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 02:22:36 PM »
EQ wrote "I can only assume you are happy to see things continue exactly as they have been."

I have been voting for "the better man" for forty years and things still continue as the have been. As long as people sanction the masquerade with their vote, which demonstrates the consent of the many to be governed by the few, nothing will change til they run their Keynesian carts into the economic brick wall. 
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 02:40:08 PM »
EQ wrote "I can only assume you are happy to see things continue exactly as they have been."

I have been voting for "the better man" for forty years and things still continue as the have been. As long as people sanction the masquerade with their vote, which demonstrates the consent of the many to be governed by the few, nothing will change til they run their Keynesian carts into the economic brick wall.
Are you convinced they could not have been worse?

Do not for even one moment believe things could not get worse.

Offline powderman

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 02:51:32 PM »

GARY. I know nothing of keynesian, all I'm concerned with is ridding America of the illegal kenyan, and voting for Romney is the ONLY way to accomplish that. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline Gary G

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 03:36:36 PM »
Powderman, both are big government men. Big government means poorer people as it is the people that must support the government. Even in a beauty contest you have more than two contestants. The system has been rigged.

--------------------------------------------
In the Vietnam war someone said "what if they had a war and no one came?"

What if they had an election and no one voted?