Author Topic: To Vote, or Not to Vote! For Romney!  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: To Vote, or Not to Vote! For Romney!
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 03:45:12 PM »
Powderman, both are big government men. Big government means poorer people as it is the people that must support the government. Even in a beauty contest you have more than two contestants. The system has been rigged.
We started with far more than two men. This is not a NASCAR race where 43 candidates run till the end or attrition takes them out. This is more like the NCAA basketball tourney where the winners advance to finally challenge each other.

You don't really want to be governed by a leader elected by 15% of the populace do you? That is the sort of system you find in third world and banana republics type countries.

Justify this any way that lets you sleep, but the fact is, either you want more of the same or you want things to change. Sit on your hands with your lip poked out or get up and vote the GDC out of office.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Gary G

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 04:04:50 PM »
Well, EQ, then I would suggest that you go ahead and see if your vote makes any difference. And in four years, when you are worse off than you are now, just think about it for awhile. See if you changed anything by doing the same thing over and over every four years.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 04:28:26 PM »
I have been listening to the chicken little scream emanating from like sources for nearly 40 years now, an I have watched closely........ not one damn piece of sky has hit the ground...... not ONE! Suck it up and stuff a sock in it people. We are not going to fall off the edge of the world, the 4 horsemen are not saddling up, the grim reaper does not have his scythe out sharpening it, Jesus is NOT on the next flight in to La Guardia. In the year 1000( actually anywhere from about 995 until 1010, most of them couldn't read and there was no 10 O'clock news), tens of thousands of Christians gave away posessions, burned their homes, covered themselves with sackcloth and ashes, fasted.......... what happened?  The next day they stared around and said "Holy Crap, I burned my house, I am covered in sack cloth and ashes, I and I am ..... hungry". OK, what now?
     No matter who wins, no matter who loses, the next day the sun will rise. You will get multiple calls from credit card companies either wanting you to pay if you owe, and if you don't owe, trying to find out why not? You will go through the day just like every other, you will not slit your wrists, drink poison, nor jump off a bridge. You will G,B &M just like most other days. You will love your children, probably eat too much, and do the best you can. Just like you will the day after.
      If you want to do something constructive, and you dont like either candidate (which I dont) you can go out and vote 3rd party. Let me tell you why that would be helpful. If you dont vote at ALL, you are telling BOTH parties that you are a pouter, you will take your marbles and go home. Both parties will know that you no longer matter, that you have electorally ceased to exist, they can just check you off and not try to get your vote.
     If however you vote for someone, anyone- no matter how hairbrained they may appear, you cut the percentage of the vote the 2 party candidates get. Now they have something to consider, you actually DID go somewhere else. You are still there. Not only that, you have proven yourself volatile- you could actually screw something up in their grand plan for things. You are a loose cannon, they must now spend time and resources to contain and figure out what to do about you. At the end of the day, instead of you just huddling in your little hovel worrying about what they could do to you, you can now enjoy the knowledge that they have to have an aide somewhere tracking polls and trying to figure out what we are all up to. That will create at least a few jobs.  ;)
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline powderman

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 04:38:35 PM »
Powderman, both are big government men. Big government means poorer people as it is the people that must support the government. Even in a beauty contest you have more than two contestants. The system has been rigged.

--------------------------------------------
In the Vietnam war someone said "what if they had a war and no one came?"

What if they had an election and no one voted?

GARY G. True, but one of them will be president, I'd prefer it to be Santorum but he lost. Now I will vote for Romney as that is the only way to get obama out of office. 3rd party votes at this point is a waste of time and they are now only spoilers. I'd love to see a viable 3rd party candidate, but there are none. Hopefully next election things will be different. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2012, 03:41:06 AM »
Powderman said:

GARY G. True, but one of them will be president, I'd prefer it to be Santorum but he lost. Now I will vote for Romney as that is the only way to get obama out of office. 3rd party votes at this point is a waste of time and they are now only spoilers. I'd love to see a viable 3rd party candidate, but there are none. Hopefully next election things will be different. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Things will be different!Another small piece of the rock will be missing, and the chipping away will continue.(That said, this is looking alot like a lesser than thread!)

If I haven't learned anything else in my time on the planet, I have learned this!..........It's easier to push a chain up hill, than to change someones political view.I will no longer try.

I don't give a hoot who you or anyone else votes for! I have NO control over it.Like you and others, I (know) my vote is the right one ;) So! To vote or NOT to vote for Romney?......NO! I didn't.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2012, 04:09:27 AM »
Twoshooter, your right in the sun will rise, and you'll get phone calls from credit card company's, and I'll love my children. But, if I vote for O- gas no doubt will go well over $4/gal. , my electric bill will go up, insurance will go up, only to mention a couple. I much rather would have had Paul or Santorum as a choice, but, being a realist, I'll vote for Romney. Kinda like the difference between a sharp stick in the eye, or shooting yourself in the foot. I guess I'd rather shoot myself in the foot, and limp along for the next 4 years, than go blind in one eye and not see whats next. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2012, 04:15:07 AM »
. Like it or not, you, and I suppose I, are voting for a man that has stood in a "cult pulpit" and openly called God a liar.

When has that ever happened?  I think you have been brainwashed on Mormons.  I think you should go to one of their churches and actually sit through several meetings and see if what you have been told about Mormons are true.  I think you would be surprised.  I know this isn't the purpose of your topic, but to say that offends a lot of people, especially when it is baseless.  It's true that Mormons have some beliefs that other churches do not, but the Lutherns have different views on things than Baptists, Methodists, and Catholics and round and round we go.  That's why there is not just 1 church. Every religion has different views even though all are Christian.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2012, 04:45:03 AM »
The economy could improve even with the current fiat system of money.  IF we get the government off the backs of business and industry, starting with the EPA. 

We need drilling, pipeline construction, and mining for a start.  Good jobs, good paying jobs, and would contribute taxes.  Small business needs a break. 

We need to rid ourselves of Obamacare.  To fix insurance, allow competition across state lines like home and auto insurance, and put tort reforms in place to limit malpractice lawsuit awards.

We probably need to change the current 15% tax on capital gains, and make it in line with income tax.  It would increase the tax on the rich slightly, but decrease the tax burden on the taxes paid for retirement income plans like 401-k, IRA's which are tied to capital gains.  There should be no inheritance tax. 

We can, like Romney said, cut anything out of the federal budget that is not worth borrowing from China to pay for, like foreign aid. 

We should eliminate farm subsities.  Due to the growth of the worlds population, they are no longer necessary like during the great depression. 

Eliminate subsities on any industry, no longer needed. 

Cut the Education department out, let it go back to the states.

Cut the energy department out, never needed in the first place.

Cut out subsities to public broadcasting, arts, etc.  Not necessary.

Yes, there are a lot of cuts the government can make which are absolutely unnecessary. 

Get our country energy independent asap to eliminate 50% of the trade deficit and making our involvement in the Middle East unnecessary.

Make China float their currency or we begin to add tarriffs on their goods.  Now this can be tricky, because they have so much of our debt. 

I do believe we can cut at least $500 billion without hurting anyone who really needs it.  We may have to raise the retirement age for young people gradually to 70.  We also can limit the safety net to only the 10-15% poor.  Not have 47 million on food stamps.  However, once jobs start coming back in energy, manufacturing, and small business, tax revenues go up, and demand for government services go down, so the deficit drops.  I also think big banks and investment firms should be broken up with the monopoly laws.  That way, there will not be a bank or banking system "to big to fail" and need government bailouts.  We might should break up other large industries with monopoly laws to keep them from becoming too big to fail.  At one time in the early 1970s, there were some congressmen wanting to break up GM into two companies, Chevrolet and the rest of GM.  GM at that time had 70% of the car market, Ford about 15%, with Chrysler about 10%.  VW had a nich market with "Beetles".  It probably should have happened, that way, today, there might not have been a bailout necessary.  I also think big oil companies should be broken up.  BP took over Gulf and Amoco.  Exxon took over Esso, Sinclair, and a few others.  Same with Shell, and others.  If we had about 20 or more oil companies, there wouldn't be an oil oligarth.  It would be harder for them to get together to control prices or production. 

Lots of things can be done to put on brakes and keep us from going over the clift.  As things improve, we could then shift back to the gold standard.  We could have some constitutional amendments to limit federal spending to a balanced budget, except in extreme emergencies.   Also an ammendment to eliminate elected officials retirement benefits and require them to have the same benefits available as the general public.  There also needs to be one on term limits for elected officials.  I also think the 9 supreme court justices should serve only 9 years, with a new one coming on every year appointed by the pres, and approved by the senate.  That way most politics would be limited.  With term limits for all, there would be no retirement benefits for them.  They could concentrate on what is good for the country, not to be reelected and what is good for them.   

Offline Gary G

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2012, 04:48:43 AM »
I have been listening to the chicken little scream emanating from like sources for nearly 40 years now, an I have watched closely........ not one damn piece of sky has hit the ground...... not ONE! Suck it up and stuff a sock in it people. We are not going to fall off the edge of the world, the 4 horsemen are not saddling up, the grim reaper does not have his scythe out sharpening it, Jesus is NOT on the next flight in to La Guardia. In the year 1000( actually anywhere from about 995 until 1010, most of them couldn't read and there was no 10 O'clock news), tens of thousands of Christians gave away posessions, burned their homes, covered themselves with sackcloth and ashes, fasted.......... what happened?  The next day they stared around and said "Holy Crap, I burned my house, I am covered in sack cloth and ashes, I and I am ..... hungry". OK, what now?
     No matter who wins, no matter who loses, the next day the sun will rise. You will get multiple calls from credit card companies either wanting you to pay if you owe, and if you don't owe, trying to find out why not? You will go through the day just like every other, you will not slit your wrists, drink poison, nor jump off a bridge. You will G,B &M just like most other days. You will love your children, probably eat too much, and do the best you can. Just like you will the day after.
      If you want to do something constructive, and you dont like either candidate (which I dont) you can go out and vote 3rd party. Let me tell you why that would be helpful. If you dont vote at ALL, you are telling BOTH parties that you are a pouter, you will take your marbles and go home. Both parties will know that you no longer matter, that you have electorally ceased to exist, they can just check you off and not try to get your vote.
     If however you vote for someone, anyone- no matter how hairbrained they may appear, you cut the percentage of the vote the 2 party candidates get. Now they have something to consider, you actually DID go somewhere else. You are still there. Not only that, you have proven yourself volatile- you could actually screw something up in their grand plan for things. You are a loose cannon, they must now spend time and resources to contain and figure out what to do about you. At the end of the day, instead of you just huddling in your little hovel worrying about what they could do to you, you can now enjoy the knowledge that they have to have an aide somewhere tracking polls and trying to figure out what we are all up to. That will create at least a few jobs.  ;)

”I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces.” -Étienne de La Boétie

Locke, Ponte and many others made similar observations. The existence of a ruling class, whether tyrannical or not, depends on consent of the majority of individuals. This knowledge was the essence of the American Revolution.

Your vote is your consent.
I choose not and am patiently waiting on others to come to this realization. Economics will dictate the course.

The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline powderman

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2012, 05:34:24 AM »
 LIKE if you agree Obama’s foreign policy has been a disaster!

Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2012, 06:02:53 AM »
i just read in the news that obama has been endorsed by cuba's castro, russia's putin and venezuela's chavez...what more can a candidate want for endorsements?
those should say SOMETHING about obamas character and ideaolgy...why else would those guys endorse him?
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2012, 06:39:08 AM »
As opposed to Romney who won't win the state he was governor of and isn't endorsed by the major Utah newspapers!

Utah Newspaper Endorsement Slams Mitt Romney
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/utah-newspaper-endorsement-slams-romney/story?id=17519264

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2012, 06:53:05 AM »
As opposed to Romney who won't win the state he was governor of and isn't endorsed by the major Utah newspapers!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/utah-newspaper-endorsement-slams-romney/story?id=17519264
I suppose the support of communist dictators is a plus in your humble opinion.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2012, 08:54:37 AM »

Hmmmm, wonder what that could mean that the strongly democractic state of Massachusetts won't be won by Romney???  Maybe he's too conservative for them???   And the media not backing him??? Not rocket science fellas.

I will bet you my last dollar that if you asked Barack Hussein Obama that since you won't vote for him, which he would rather you do - vote for Romney or vote for third party or not vote... I think you know what his answer wouldn't be...
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2012, 09:40:45 AM »
Heard on the radio this weekend that the Orlando Sentinel newspaper has come out in support of Romney.

Think about it..........think REALLY HARD! :o
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2012, 09:56:20 AM »
 :o
Heard on the radio this weekend that the Orlando Sentinel newspaper has come out in support of Romney.

Orlando Sentinel has also supported Bush the first - twice, Dole, Bush the second - once, and McCain. So it appears that they slant conservative.  Look into it....... look NOT VERY HARD! :o
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2012, 10:37:14 AM »

Orlando Sentinel has also supported Bush the first - twice, Dole, Bush the second - once, and McCain. So it appears that they slant conservative.  Look into it....... look NOT VERY HARD! :o

Did look, and the fact is that the Orlando Sentinel is CURRENTLY the most liberal rag in the south, bar none! But don't take my word for it, ask the neocons beloved Sean Hannity. Heard him crowing about the lib rag supporting Romney. And he made no bones about it's liberal slant. ::)

But don't worry, Sean's slant is that even the libs are abandoning the OB. ;D

However, their track record on picking winners kinda stinks! ;)

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2012, 01:28:25 PM »
God used non believers all through the Bible to do his work, Cyrus was a good example. He was an idol worshipper, but God used him to topple an even worse tyrant. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
I understand this.  I don't know why others don't.  unless it just don't fit their agenda...

some are hoping that obama wins, some are hoping that Romney fails as president...
patriots are scarce now.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2012, 02:20:17 PM »

patriots are scarce now.

Oh, I don't think so. It's just that America has turned it's back on patriots.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2012, 05:57:37 PM »
Dee,
For me this ellection is not about Ronmey, Morman or other.  It is the best chance to get Obama out of office.
I see Obama as a destroying force.  Clearly his economic policy is designed to promote his friends and hurting the poorest and as I sit here listening to him blather on about the economy and building our nation I wonder if he understands he was President and why did he not implament them?
What has me voting for Romney is clear, Obama is either incompatant or evil, he either doen not understand what he is doing or he knows what he is doing and is hurting us for a reason weaking our economy.
Looking at history many dictators used mad crowds and scape goats to gain power.
The French saw tremoil after their revolution in the reign of terror,
The Russians saw termoil in the after mather of the 1917 revolution and the clawing for power by the Communists,
We saw dictators in Italy and Germany point to groups and tell everyone that the problems of the country were their fault and eliminate any opposition with threats and thuggery.
We saw many in Asia, South America, and Africa in the 50's 60's and 70's pose many to catch bullets to eliminate opposition to them and pointed to people and used envy to justify killing millions and millions of people.
I see what the president is doing is clearly building a mass of people that he can drum up into a mass to eliminate his problems of becoming a soviet style dictator and fufill his fathers dream of wold communism and eliminating personal freedoms.
I see Obama as seeing that freedoms come from the ruling and not from the individual.
I do not know that much about mormanism.  I know quite a few mormans.  All are decent people, all are hard workers, all believe in personal freedoms.  OK one is my cousins husband and he stinks, wife beater,  But that is the exception to the rule not the normal, I am sure if you look at any group there will be a few goobers.

Offline Cemo

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2012, 03:14:17 AM »
Decision? What's the decision? We've got to vot for Romney. We can't take another four years.
Vietnam Vet, VFW Life Member, NRA Life Member
Retired and enjoying life.

Offline Dee

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2012, 06:26:00 AM »
. Like it or not, you, and I suppose I, are voting for a man that has stood in a "cult pulpit" and openly called God a liar.

When has that ever happened?  I think you have been brainwashed on Mormons.  I think you should go to one of their churches and actually sit through several meetings and see if what you have been told about Mormons are true.  I think you would be surprised.  I know this isn't the purpose of your topic, but to say that offends a lot of people, especially when it is baseless.  It's true that Mormons have some beliefs that other churches do not, but the Lutherns have different views on things than Baptists, Methodists, and Catholics and round and round we go.  That's why there is not just 1 church. Every religion has different views even though all are Christian.

I think YOU should educated YOURSELF on what they consider to be WRONG in the Bible. Then you won't be breakin your own windows. You can't hit mine from where your at. ;)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2012, 06:33:09 AM »

I think YOU should educated YOURSELF on what they consider to be WRONG in the Bible. Then you won't be breakin your own windows. You can't hit mine from where your at. ;)

Maybe you should go and sit in Rev Wright's church for a few Sundays. ::)
Buckskin

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2012, 10:12:38 AM »
From what I understand, Mormans do not believe in the Diety of Christ, or in the Trinity (one God, three manifestations).  Second, the believe in the book of Morman, added to the Bible, as divinely inspired.  Those two things seperate them from mainline Christianity, both Protestant and Catholic.   

That being said, the Mormans do adhere to most of the principles taught in the Bible, which makes them "good" people, not violent prone like Muslims.  They don't preach hate, and they practice what they preach for the most part.  One thing I do like about them is their practice of "prepping".  They store food, goods, and even ammo and guns for the "last days".  Most Mormans believe they will go through the Great Tribulation taught in Revelation.  Therefore they prep.  They also will not take the "mark of the beast".  Now, I believe in a Pre-Tribulation rapture of true Christians.  However I do believe that some "Christians" are sitting on the fence and are not ready for the rapture.  They may go through the Tribulation, because there are those who will be saved during the Tribulation. 

I believe we will all go through an "age of sorrows" before the Great Tribulation, and many will fall away.  So, that is why I prep as much as possible.  I will also retire soon, hopefully early, and would like to buy some land in a remote place to "bug out to" and to hunker down and bug in.  I hope I can get "off the grid".  I feel that if Romney is elected, we might have 4-8 more years to prepare.  If Obama is reelected, then the end is near.  He was/is trained under the communist/socialist idealism.  He believes in "social justice".  He told a CBS reporter that tax cuts would help stimulate the economy but "it isn't fair" and wanted to tax the rich to help the poor.  Remember Communism "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need".  All that ends up doing is creating a nation of lazy people waiting for the government to take care of them "Soviet Union".  It destroyed their nation.  Capitalism with realistic regulations, always brings out the best in people.  Hard work pays off with Capitalism.  Jamestown tried communism by everyone sharing all the crops they produced the first year.  They almost starved.  They went back to each family producing their own.  They worked harder and the rest is history.  Hard working people don't mind helping the truely needy, we just don't want to help the lazy. 

Offline boomerralph

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2012, 12:30:48 PM »
In the minds of some, I am probably wrong, but, I DID vote for him yesterday (early voting in FL)
Ralph M. Reese
St. Augustine, FL

Offline justme

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2012, 01:52:21 PM »
Smart man!

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2012, 04:52:17 PM »

What do those guys have to do with Conservatism?
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline painted horse

• Avid Poster
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2012, 05:39:26 PM »
I'm not voting for a savior, I'm voting for the position of President of the United States. I've not seen or read anything to indicate that they are the same position...in fact I believe one of the positions is already taken and don't believe it will be usurped....on another note, I'm more concerned about Muslim beliefs than I am Morman beliefs, at least at this particular point in time...I also remember all the hurrah with JFK being a Catholic, dissenters were sure the Pope would be running the country...Slick Willy actually did a pretty good job as POTUS and he has no moral character at all..well, depends on your definition of character... ;D

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2012, 11:06:52 PM »
  Jamestown tried communism by everyone sharing all the crops they produced the first year.  They almost starved.  They went back to each family producing their own.  They worked harder and the rest is history.
that's a fact... but democrats are too stupid to put 2 and 2 together...
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2012, 07:18:29 AM »

What do those guys have to do with Conservatism?

I was wondering the same thing.....
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783