Author Topic: Pro-Choice  (Read 622 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Pro-Choice
« on: October 20, 2012, 10:52:23 AM »
It seems odd to me that as Americans (and gun owners) think we should be able to choose our life's ways but our neighbors should not be able to.  Why do so many feel they have the right to impose their religion (will) on others?  Isn't that why our forefathers fled Europe?  This spirit reekes of hypocrisy.  I hate it.....
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pro-Choice
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 12:04:49 PM »
It seems odd to me that as Americans (and gun owners) think we should be able to choose our life's ways but our neighbors should not be able to.  Why do so many feel they have the right to impose their religion (will) on others?  Isn't that why our forefathers fled Europe?  This spirit reekes of hypocrisy.  I hate it.....

Glad to hear you feel that way. It will make me feel much better when I cast my vote.

(That belief, on your part, DOES extend to the electorate...right?)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline powderman

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 01:26:14 PM »

What are you talking about?? Pro choice what?? POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 01:27:23 PM »
Anything that is legal or consitutional.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 08:59:18 PM »
I for one agree with you Swampy.

This country was founded on the idea that the individuals freedom was more important than the collective freedom. The Bible thumpers might want to remember the idea of judge not lest they be judged themselves.

Advice, encouragement, and personel opinion are one thing, legislating morality is quite another. I believe, in the end, it is none of my damned business what a woman decides to do about an unwanted pregnancy. I know what I would do and can offer my opinion.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 01:44:35 AM »
Well... the many who want to enforce their morality, think they have speshul call from God to do so. The cannot recognize hypocrisy, because their mental belt buckles say Gott Mit Uns!

...and if God is with 'em, they can ignore their fellow men. The normal rules don't apply, and they're impervious to reason.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 01:59:18 AM »
Every time this issue comes up Christians are chastised for wanting morality legislated. I think most level headed people know that a baby inside its mother is a living human. So what about our individual guaranteed freedoms. Is not right to life one of them? I guess if those that convince themselves that a baby is nothing but a tumor inside its mother, and that it is her right to rid herself of it. Then I can understand the pro abortion argument, but I do believe most know better. I think most know that babies inside their mother are living humans. They might claim otherwise so abortion can be used as birth control, but I do believe they know differently. So stopping abortion has nothing to do with legislating morality, but everything to do with protecting ones right to life. Any argument for abortion is nothing but evil in nature.
If someone doesn't think we each have a right to life, maybe you need to go read our founding documents. I guess the question you have to ask yourself is. Do you believe a baby inside its mother is a human that is living? Or do you think that it is just some blob of tissue that will suddenly emerge as a living human?           
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 02:26:32 AM »
Do you believe a baby inside its mother is a human that is living? 

No I do not, it is part of the mother's life.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 02:45:26 AM »
Anything that is legal or consitutional.

Exactly why Ron Paul is known as Dr NO around DC!
He is one of the few Politicians that believes in the 10th A.The federal government over the years under both  Republican and Democrat leaders, have taken the powers away from the states.Powers according to the Constitution they don't have.The Republicans lately have become the leader in stripping them. The reason I have left it after all my years voting as one.They have abandoned their principles.

We need to get back to Constitutional governing, and we can't get there with the present reps from either party."Not at the Federal level anyway".The Republican party of the 50's still had influincial leaders with Libertarian views. They have been replaced by the Fashist, war mongering, big government Neo-cons we see today.The democrats at best are just Communist in modern dress.We will never again see a Constitutional type government as long as either are in power.IMO!

BTW.....This is NOT a thread about abortion according to the OP.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Cemo

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 02:47:18 AM »
+1 Empty Quiver's response. Well said. It's none of our damm business.
Vietnam Vet, VFW Life Member, NRA Life Member
Retired and enjoying life.

Offline powderman

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 03:09:54 AM »
I believe, in the end, it is none of my damned business what a woman decides to do about an unwanted pregnancy. I know what I would do and can offer my opinion.

EQ. I don't care what a woman does to her own body, I do care about the body of the child she is killing so she won't have to raise it. You think a woman doesn't know she is destroying human life?? You bet she does, why else would she pay a butcher to kill it if it wasn't a baby she didn't want?? Like an old doc said years ago to a woman wanting to kill her child. If that aint a baby, you aint pregnant. Seems a lot easier to say, I terminated my pregnancy than to tell the truth that, I just killed my baby. POWDERMAN.  :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 03:12:11 AM »
+1 Empty Quiver's response. Well said. It's none of our damm business.

If this is done with taxpayer $, darn right you should have a say to it, as in PAY FOR IT YOURSELF !!
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 03:21:36 AM »
You bet she does, why else would she pay a butcher to kill it if it wasn't a baby she didn't want?? Like an old doc said years ago to a woman wanting to kill her child. If that aint a baby, you aint pregnant. Seems a lot easier to say, I terminated my pregnancy than to tell the truth that, I just killed my baby. POWDERMAN.  :( :(
I don't think that murder by a butcher is legal in any of the fifty states, but there's not murder taking place, it's surgery... and butcher's aren't licensed to perform surgery, either.

Where do you get this stuff?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 03:27:53 AM »
OK! One more time!..................... I know the title of the thread.....Pro-Choice is a little misleading, as it usually applies to Abortion. In this case , he has stated is is about people being able to make everyday choices without constant interference by the government.it's NOT a thread on abortion! It has to do with making choices period.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 05:14:42 AM »
Thanks I was hoping people would catch that.  I believe people should be as free as possible.  They may not think I should be able to own a 15 roung magazine or an AR-15.  I mean after all I don't need them.  I'd prefer to mind my own business and let others do the same if possible.  I don't have to fear or hate those who differ with my opinions.  I don't want to impose my beliefs on others.  Live and let live.....

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 05:58:06 AM »
IMO...a person has the right for "Pro-choice"...but i believe their "Choices" should NOT be tax-payer funded.
it's my "Choice" to own firearms...imagine the outrage from some, if that right was supported by taxpayers; if i got taxpayer funding to purchase a firearm... ???
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 06:18:02 AM »
I'm pro-Choice, and do not desire gov't or other assistance in making my choices. If I need help, I'll ask.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 09:31:24 AM »
I respect your opinion and agree with your stance as opposed to abortion. I feel no compulsion to force my belief upon another though.

Exactly.........

Offline powderman

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 03:04:52 PM »
There are only 2 choices when it comes to babies. Pro life, or pro death, there is no inbetween. Pro choice is generally associated with a dead baby. I could never, ever vote for anybody who belongs to a party that promotes and supports this abominable act of murder. POWDERMAN.  :( :(

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 03:28:00 PM »
So should they be able to tell you what to do?  I mean if you want to impose your will on them, they should be able to do the same to you.  Is your will better than theirs?

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 04:23:38 PM »
Three inalienable rights-

#1 The right to LIFE

#2 The right to liberty

#3 The right to pursue happiness

The founding fathers put the right to life first for a reason! If we don't give the unborn a voice then who will? Jesus said what we do to the little ones we DO TO HIM, it doesn't get any clearer than that. Even though you say this thread isn't about abortion swampy, you knew it would turn into one.

Offline powderman

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 04:31:10 PM »
Three inalienable rights-

#1 The right to LIFE

#2 The right to liberty

#3 The right to pursue happiness

The founding fathers put the right to life first for a reason! If we don't give the unborn a voice then who will? Jesus said what we do to the little ones we DO TO HIM, it doesn't get any clearer than that. Even though you say this thread isn't about abortion swampy, you knew it would turn into one.

MIRAGE. Good post. What a female does to herself is fine with me, when she CHOOSES to murder a child because she doesn't want it then it should be everybody's business. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 04:53:09 PM »
Thanks PM,
Swampy won't respond to this one as his opinion on what life is or when life begins is well documented. When I saw the first ultrasound of my baby boy I was pretty sure that it was a baby boy, but to some it is just a cancerous tumor to be removed.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 05:12:07 PM »
IN Minnesota, the right to choose to abort or not is fairly open, yet if a person shoots and kill a pregnant women, accidentally or deliberately, the person will be charged with two manslaughter charges.

Hypocrisy at its worst.

Probably, this would also apply, if the women killed was heading to the doctor for an abortion.

Offline powderman

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 05:37:49 PM »
BOB. There have been several cases here in KY where folks were chgd with fetal homicide from beatings, shootings, etc. Illegal for somebody else to kill a baby, but not the female carrying it. I cannot, will not,  use the term mother when talking about murdering children. POWDERMAN.  :o :o