Author Topic: Send Warranty Repair To?  (Read 346 times)

Offline dbuffington

• Trade Count: (0)
Send Warranty Repair To?
« on: October 21, 2012, 09:57:31 AM »
Hi Folks!

I have a new Handi Rifle that's giving me light strike misfires.

Since it's new, I'm simply going to send it back for warranty repair. But who do send it back to? H&R? Or one of their Premier Field Service Centers?

Thanks!
Dave

Offline bucmeister

• Avid Poster
Re: Send Warranty Repair To?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »
I would suggest a call to the number listed on this customer service page to get a RMA # and ask them what to do.  When I sent mine in for the trigger job they had me send it to the Kentucky service center in Paducah.  They got it then sent me an email that they were sending it on to the factory which did a great job.

Offline dbuffington

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 06:42:42 AM »
I called the customer service number today, and they emailed a RMA and mailing label. (They're having it sent to Ilion, which I presume is the factory.)

Thanks!
Dave

Offline bucmeister

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 07:17:13 AM »
Best of luck with it.  Do you like the trigger or would you like it improved?  You could also complain about the trigger pull and request a correction to that issue while they have it and are working on the trigger anyway.

Offline dbuffington

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 07:32:40 AM »
Do you like the trigger or would you like it improved?  You could also complain about the trigger pull and request a correction to that issue while they have it and are working on the trigger anyway.

I've been thinking about that, and I don't really mind paying for it. However, as it is, with only about 100 rounds through it, the trigger pull is heavy (a little over 5 pounds, IIRC), but it breaks very cleanly.

Lighter would be nicer, but if it introduces creep or grittiness, I'd rather have heavier. So ...

Does anyone have personal experience with the factory trigger job?

Thanks!
Dave

Offline bucmeister

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 09:09:35 AM »
I do, in fact just got it back last Wednesday and I could not be happier.  Clean, crisp, and lighter than I was told it would be as measured with my Lyman electronic scale. 

Offline dbuffington

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 11:27:13 AM »
Thanks! I'll ask them to do that.
Dave