Author Topic: (short) Range Time 20 ga. USH....  (Read 803 times)

Offline upnut

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
(short) Range Time 20 ga. USH....
« on: October 24, 2012, 04:49:39 AM »
Shotgun deer season is near, so I went to the range this morning to check out the "sh-ifle" as we affectionately call it. First shot at 25 yards perfect left/right a shade low. Second shot at 50 yards took out the center of the bullseye. Shot a 3-shot group at 100 yards, put the gun away and headed home:

Shooting Winchester Platinum Tip sabots, 260 grain .454 bullet. I'm ready for November 15'th.... 8) ...Scott B.

Offline msnden

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: (short) Range Time 20 ga. USH....
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 04:31:09 AM »
No offense meant, but I think I would have stayed a little longer & brought it up two or three inches. I would try for about 1"+ at 50 yards, should put you a bit closer at the 100 mark. jmop (however that is good shooting)

Offline Slackdaddy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 01:42:50 PM »
what round were you shooting??
Nicholas Andraka
REO Services
Serving Maryland since 1993
http://reoservicesofmaryland.com    reo_services@verizon.net

Offline upnut

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 04:06:10 PM »
Winchester Platinum Tip 20 Gauge, unfortunately discontinued by the manufacturer... >:(

msnden, I was so giddy with that group I just stopped. The longest shot from my blind on opening day is 75 yards, so I think I'll leave the scope where it is, especially with these slugs no longer available. Thanks for the input! Scott B.

Offline msnden

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »
Winchester Platinum Tip 20 Gauge, unfortunately discontinued by the manufacturer... >:(

msnden, I was so giddy with that group I just stopped. The longest shot from my blind on opening day is 75 yards, so I think I'll leave the scope where it is, especially with these slugs no longer available. Thanks for the input! Scott B.
Well, when you group them like that, I would be happy also, good shooting!!, & Good Luck!! msn

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 07:57:15 AM »
Exent accuracy!! My USH 20 is not that good  by my 12 sure is!  It's so nice having that kind of confidence in a firearm!!

Mine likes Hornady SST loads. It's one hole at 50 and under 2" at 100. My 12 will do one hole at 100 for 5 shots!!! It likes Copper solids, Corlokt solids and Buck Hammers.

Good luck on the 15th!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.