Author Topic: Totally heartless Republicans.  (Read 1065 times)

Offline KIMBER45

• Trade Count: (0)
Totally heartless Republicans.
« on: October 25, 2012, 06:26:05 AM »
It seems the Republicans; especially the tea party just don't get it. The following Republicans and their views on rape are totally disgusting. Tod Akins says a female couldn't get pregnant from a legitimate rape. Steve Cain from Iowa says he never heard of a girl getting pregnant from statutory rape. Tom Smith said " rape is like and out of wedlock pregnancy." Rodger Robard said one of the most stupid and insensitive things possible- " some girls rape so easy." And Richard Mourdock believes God intended rape to happenWhat totally STUPID people. And so are the people that back them. I wonder how they would feel if their daughters or grand daughters or wives were raped. DISGUSTING
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Totally heartless Republicans.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:16:08 AM »
It seems the Republicans; especially the tea party just don't get it. The following Republicans and their views on rape are totally disgusting. Tod Akins says a female couldn't get pregnant from a legitimate rape. Steve Cain from Iowa says he never heard of a girl getting pregnant from statutory rape. Tom Smith said " rape is like and out of wedlock pregnancy." Rodger Robard said one of the most stupid and insensitive things possible- " some girls rape so easy." And Richard Mourdock believes God intended rape to happenWhat totally STUPID people. And so are the people that back them. I wonder how they would feel if their daughters or grand daughters or wives were raped. DISGUSTING

We know politicians are always quoted as saying stupid things.(ALL Politicians) We can look up stories equally disgusting about Democrat politicians.I watched the debate video, and he appears to me, by his comment that he is a Calvinist. The doctrine.....All events have been willed by God.Personally, I don't believe in that doctrine, but many Christians do. I wouldn't be surprised that a lot of Democrats do as well.
"In Fairness" Romney has been endorsing Richard Murdock. This is a quote from Romney after Murdock's remarks
"Congressman's Akin comments on rape are insulting, inexcusable, and, frankly, wrong," Romney told the National Review. "Like millions of other Americans, we found them to be offensive," Romney told the National Review. "I have an entirely different view. What he said is entirely without merit and he should correct it. (End of quote)"
I see Murdock has refused to apologize, and I respect him for that!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 07:18:18 AM »
Stupid people say stupid things!  The prez claimed there were 57 states and American deaths to terrorism are just "bumps in the road"....Joe Biden tells a man confined to a wheelchair to "stand up", Debbie Washerwoman Schultz..is always saying silly things.  Politicians even do stupid things...like the ill-advised and murderous "Fast & Furious"  operation..
   You will just have to learn to learn to "suck it up" ....and get on with life..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 07:37:18 AM »
And Richard Mourdock believes God intended rape to happen.
maybe that so many are upset at this is evidence that America has fallen away from God?

What totally STUPID people. And so are the people that back them. I wonder how they would feel if their daughters or grand daughters or wives were raped. DISGUSTING
No antagonism intended, Kimber, but what you wrote isn't quite the whole truth, not to mention unkind. Some of the things you quoted - quotable and easy to knock around - weren't all that unreasonable, esp if you were to find out what the speaker meant... unless, of course, political points and not clarity is the goal. Otherwise... this has some of that Sandra Fluke war on women BS stench about it.

Rodger Robard said one of the most stupid and insensitive things possible- " some girls rape so easy."
Not quite true; you must be reading a second-hand account or editorial blog. Guy was quotoing his Dad's cautionary advice against getting involved physically, lest one be accused of rape should she have morning-after regrets (or, when she misses her next period). THAT HAPPENS.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 07:46:27 AM »
Living in Kansas City, I've been treated to a mega-dose of the Todd Akin saga.  The thing that amazes me is that the part I found so offensive is not the part everyone else cares about, nor is it the part he "apologized" for.  I think he really did choose poorly when he used the word "legitimate" in describing rape.  I don't think he had any nefarious agenda to marginalize rape victims, I think he was just sticking to a tenuously rational, and fringe, party line, and he chose poor wording.  In some ways Murdock was actually doing a better job of explaining the same concept, however distasteful that is to many voters.

The part that I found offensive was the willing and catastrophic ignorance the second part of his statement exposed, the "... the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."  The thing with this is, it shows that he is so insular to this movement of politics that he isn't even aware that it's not supported by science, or perhaps even worse, he knows and doesn't care.  The best decisions are made when you have evaluated all the available evidence, and come to a rational decision.  Obviously he (and many of his ilk) have chosen rather to base their decision on something other than a complete evaluation of the evidence.  I just can't get behind that kind of willful ignorance, and I think it is indicative of what is wrong with the extremes of both parties. 

A longtime local Republican power broker told me when all of this was going down that Todd has his son and wife as his political advisers. 

Rather than voice the unpopular but honest belief he has that a woman should simply be forced to carry a child conceived by rape, he tries to argue that scenario is impossible.  Sadly, I think he actually believed that.

I hate Claire McCaskill.  She is the Democratic poster child for what's wrong with Washington and the Democratic agenda.  She should have gotten beat soundly in this election, and the Republicans should have been one seat closer to a majority.  Talk around here when the primary results were announced was that Akin was McCaskill's favored opponent.  I guess we know why... 

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 09:37:53 AM »
maybe that so many are upset at this is evidence that America has fallen away from God?

What totally STUPID people. And so are the people that back them. I wonder how they would feel if their daughters or grand daughters or wives were raped. DISGUSTING
No antagonism intended, Kimber, but what you wrote isn't quite the whole truth, not to mention unkind. Some of the things you quoted - quotable and easy to knock around - weren't all that unreasonable, esp if you were to find out what the speaker meant... unless, of course, political points and not clarity is the goal. Otherwise... this has some of that Sandra Fluke war on women BS stench about it.

Rodger Robard said one of the most stupid and insensitive things possible- " some girls rape so easy."
Not quite true; you must be reading a second-hand account or editorial blog. Guy was quotoing his Dad's cautionary advice against getting involved physically, lest one be accused of rape should she have morning-after regrets (or, when she misses her next period). THAT HAPPENS.
I did get thge info on Rovard second hand. I looked it up and here is why he said what he said.
Madison - A state representative is drawing heat for saying that his father had told him when he was young that "some girls rape easy" as a way to warn him that a woman could agree to sex but then later claim that it wasn't consensual.
Freshman Rep. Roger Rivard (R-Rice Lake) in December discussed a case with the Chetek Alert newspaper in which a 17-year-old high school senior was charged with sexual assault for having sex with an underage girl in the school's band room.
The newspaper quoted him as saying his father warned him, "Some girls rape easy" - meaning that after the fact they can change what they say about whether sex was consensual. On Wednesday, Rivard told the Journal Sentinel that the article did not provide full context of his comments and that his father's exact words had been slightly different from how they appeared in the Chetek Alert.
He told the Journal Sentinel that his father had advised him not to have premarital sex, and he took that seriously.
"He also told me one thing, 'If you do (have premarital sex), just remember, consensual sex can turn into rape in an awful hurry,' " Rivard said. "Because all of a sudden a young lady gets pregnant and the parents are madder than a wet hen and she's not going to say, 'Oh, yeah, I was part of the program.' All that she has to say or the parents have to say is it was rape because she's underage. And he just said, 'Remember, Roger, if you go down that road, some girls,' he said, 'they rape so easy.'
"What the whole genesis of it was, it was advice to me, telling me, 'If you're going to go down that road, you may have consensual sex that night and then the next morning it may be rape.' So the way he said it was, 'Just remember, Roger, some girls, they rape so easy. It may be rape the next morning.'
"So it's been kind of taken out of context."
 But you have to admit, some of the others are rather insensitive and biologically stupid to say the least.  We should get more women"s perspective on the statements. It would be interesting as to what the majority of them feel about the matter.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 09:40:44 AM »
Of course it was taken out of context, and deliberately by the War on Women crowd in the Democrat party & their pals.

I detest feminist ideologues, and they're the ones to wail with faux indignation about this stuff
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 09:45:08 AM »
Of course it was taken out of context, and deliberately by the War on Women crowd in the Democrat party & their pals.

I detest feminist ideologues, and they're the ones to wail with faux indignation about this stuff
What about some of the others?
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 10:05:34 AM »
don't care all that much about them. Mostly they're pissing of the pro-choice womyns, so they don't bother me all that much.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 11:39:43 AM »
don't care all that much about them. Mostly they're pissing of the pro-choice womyns, so they don't bother me all that much.
I find their statements very offensive . It should piss off all women as well as most men . Should have nothing to do with pro-choice or not. No different than saying the same about boys who were raped .
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 02:48:06 PM »
 TOTALLY HEARTLESS DEMOCRATS  WATCHED  WHILE 4 AMERICANS  WERE MURDERED  IN LYBIA

THEN  LIED AND COVERED UP  FOR POLITICAL GAIN

I THINK THIS SUMS IT  UP
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 04:47:11 PM »
Kimber, you've hit the nail on the head for one reason I'll probably NEVER vote Republican, ever again. In short, the right KNOWS they're wrong on this issue, and they KNOW they're wrong to support these idiot politicians, and yet they will stomp down their own consciences and support these clowns anyway, just because they call themselves Republicans! The right knows they should simply kick these horrible people out of their party, yet they tolerate them in some misguided hope that they might win an election. Nothing short of nauseating.
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline Casull

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 04:55:28 PM »

Kimber, you've hit the nail on the head for one reason I'll probably NEVER vote Republican, ever again. In short, the right KNOWS they're wrong on this issue, and they KNOW they're wrong to support these idiot politicians, and yet they will stomp down their own consciences and support these clowns anyway, just because they call themselves Republicans! The right knows they should simply kick these horrible people out of their party, yet they tolerate them in some misguided hope that they might win an election. Nothing short of nauseating.
       And, how exactly, is that any different than the left re-electing murderers (Ted Kennedy), liars (Bill Clinton) and downright idiots (Nancy Pelosi) over, and over, and over again?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 05:06:35 PM »
The difference is in the degree of wrong. Kennedy, Clinton, and Pelosi MIGHT be guilty of those things, and what they are guilty may or may not be relevant to their position--- The clowns mentioned above were recorded making fools of themselves. :D

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 05:11:03 PM »
one should "Engage the brain before opening the mouth"
there are very few politicans that are more disgusting than obama...his remark about republicans being "The enemy" verifies that beyond any shadow of a doubt.
it's really simple:

if you want more and higher taxes, more and higher health care costs and
premiums, more government intrusion into your life and income, higher energy
costs...then by all means...obama is your man.
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 07:18:39 PM »
there are very few politicans that are more disgusting than obama...his remark about republicans being "The enemy" verifies that beyond any shadow of a doubt.
it's really simple:

When have the rightys acted like anything but Obama's enemy? Rmoney wants to raise your taxes--- unless you're a millionaire, then he wants to give you a break. One thing is for sure: SOMEBODY'S taxes are going up. The very rich have been given a break for at least twelve years now, to the tune of at least $800,000,000,000 a year--- comes to at least $9.6 trillion over the past twelve years, and most sources say that that 8 hundred billion is more like a trillion a year now. You want to give those people another huge tax break and pay for it yourselves, vote for Rmoney. The only way your health care costs go up under Obamacare is if you aren't paying anything now. Make your own decision--- you can vote for Obama, who has a chance of saving the economy and who supports the middle class, or Rmoney, who wants to do exactly the same thing GW did to destroy the economy, and who has people who think rape is ok among his supporters. Actually, that makes sense, because Rmoney wants to rape the middle class!

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 08:37:51 PM »
Is poor judgement nullified because someone else has poor judgement ? I would be more impressed with some here if they condemed what these jokers said. Instead they point out what Democrates have done. Yes democrates have done some stupid things, BUT THIS IS ABOUT  WHAT THESE IDIOTS SAID ABOUT RAPE.  Not about anything else.
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 12:27:26 AM »
  Kimber;
   The reason Akin was MacAskill's favorite opponent is made clear by Akins own inept explanations.  He obviously is a stumbler and what he said has been disavowed by almost all conservatives..how many libs have disavowed Pelosi's "you have to pass it so you can find out what's in it" ?
   Yes, you would like to have the discussion confined to this one remark only by saying NOT ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE.  However things don't happen in a vacuum, so the range of discussion will inevitably, be involved.
   You wonder how anyone could vote for a candidate like Akin, and that seems like a fair question.  But when you look at what you will get if Akin is defeated....and the reasons clarify themselves..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 12:37:18 AM »
Is poor judgement nullified because someone else has poor judgement ? I would be more impressed with some here if they condemed what these jokers said. Instead they point out what Democrates have done. Yes democrates have done some stupid things, BUT THIS IS ABOUT  WHAT THESE IDIOTS SAID ABOUT RAPE.  Not about anything else.
I'll impress you. most of the things you quoted are not a big deal... but they're presented as this 'war on women' crap. For the reason, i dismiss 'em. One at a time:
AKINS: Clearly, he's a little loose on female biology. He ought to have come right out and said, 'yeah, I think most of the talk about abortion after a rape is pretty much bogus smoke screen bs' or somesuch, instead he hewed into territory he doesn't know. Is that heartless and war on women?
Steve Cain - I don't even know who this guy is (of course, I did know who Akin was until a few weeks ago)
Richard Mourdock - here's what he said that has some panties in a bunch:
“I struggled with it myself for a long time,” he said, “but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”
Call me dense, but I don't see that statement as totally stupid, as you say you do. Read it slowly, read it for intent and meaning, not what it can be construed as.
You wrote:
Richard Mourdock believes God intended rape to happen.
that's not quite what Mr Mourdock said, is it? He WASN'T TALKING ABOUT RAPE. Sally Quinn wrote a nice piece on this in WP:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/richard-mourdocks-sick-and-twisted-critics/2012/10/25/3440966c-1eea-11e2-ba31-3083ca97c314_story.html
Tom Smith: never heard of him until this thread, so I looked it up, and here's what we've got:
Robert Vickers, Patriot News: In light of Congressman Akin’s comments, is there any situation that you think a woman should have access to an abortion?
Tom Smith: My stance is on record and it’s very simplistic: I’m pro-life, period. And what that Congressman said, I do not agree with at all. He should have never said anything like that.
Vickers: So in cases of incest or rape…
Laura Olson, Post-Gazette: No exceptions?
Smith: No exceptions.
Mark Scolforo, Associated Press: How would you tell a daughter or a granddaughter who, God forbid, would be the victim of a rape, to keep the child against her own will? Do you have a way to explain that?
Smith: I lived something similar to that with my own family. She chose life, and I commend her for that. She knew my views. But, fortunately for me, I didn’t have to.. she chose they way I thought. No don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t rape.
Scolforo: Similar how?
Smith: Uh, having a baby out of wedlock.
Scolforo: That’s similar to rape?
 Smith: No, no, no, but… put yourself in a father’s situation, yes. It is similar. But, back to the original, I’m pro-life, period.
what exactly is the problem, here? The guy is pro-life and takes is seriously. He WASN'T TALKING ABOUT RAPE, he was talking about his pro-life stance, and answering a question.
Roger Robard: Well, we already know about that, don't we? Just a bunch of political BS, trying to make him into something he's not, trying to construe his statements as something they weren't.  that's called... LYING about someone. Bad deal, even in a political season. 

No flame intended, Kimber, but you've got it wrong on all these guys. Don't support any of them, don't vote for them, but why try to make them & them words into something they're not? I'd be curious to know.. .before posting the thread... did you read about each of these guys individually, or some piece where they're all presented as the face of Repub party, and a point of political attack?

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 12:52:31 AM »
I'll impress you. most of the things you quoted are not a big deal... but they're presented as this 'war on women' crap. For the reason, i dismiss 'em. One at a time:
AKINS: Clearly, he's a little loose on female biology. He ought to have come right out and said, 'yeah, I think most of the talk about abortion after a rape is pretty much bogus smoke screen bs' or somesuch, instead he hewed into territory he doesn't know. Is that heartless and war on women?

Steve Cain - I don't even know who that is (of course, I did know who Akin was until a few weeks ago)

Richard Mourdock - here's what he said that has panties in a bunch:
“I struggled with it myself for a long time,” he said, “but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”
Call me dense, but I don't see that statement as part of a war on women, or whatever. Read it slowly, read it for intent and meaning, not what it can be construed as. Sally Quinn wrote a nice piece on this in WP:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/richard-mourdocks-sick-and-twisted-critics/2012/10/25/3440966c-1eea-11e2-ba31-3083ca97c314_story.html

Tom Smith: never heard of him until this thread, so I looked it up, and here's what we've got:

Robert Vickers, Patriot News: In light of Congressman Akin’s comments, is there any situation that you think a woman should have access to an abortion?
Tom Smith: My stance is on record and it’s very simplistic: I’m pro-life, period. And what that Congressman said, I do not agree with at all. He should have never said anything like that.
Vickers: So in cases of incest or rape…
Laura Olson, Post-Gazette: No exceptions?
Smith: No exceptions.
Mark Scolforo, Associated Press: How would you tell a daughter or a granddaughter who, God forbid, would be the victim of a rape, to keep the child against her own will? Do you have a way to explain that?
Smith: I lived something similar to that with my own family. She chose life, and I commend her for that. She knew my views. But, fortunately for me, I didn’t have to.. she chose they way I thought. No don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t rape.
Scolforo: Similar how?
Smith: Uh, having a baby out of wedlock.
Scolforo: That’s similar to rape?
 Smith: No, no, no, but… put yourself in a father’s situation, yes. It is similar. But, back to the original, I’m pro-life, period.

what exactly is the problem, here? The guy is pro-life and takes is seriously.

Roger Robard: Well, we know about that, don't we? Just a bunch of BS, trying to make him in a warrior against women.

No flame intended, Kimber, but you've got it wrong on all these guys. Don't support any of them, don't vote for them, but why try to make them & them words into something they're not? I'd be curious to know.. .before posting the thread... did you read about each of these guys individually, or some piece where they're all presented as the face of Repub party, and a point of political attack?
No flame taken. You presented your argueement in a respectful way. I wish all discussions would be carried on the same. As to those fellows;we will just have to agree to disagree.  :)
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline dwalk

• A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 09:06:48 AM »
it's really simple:

When have the rightys acted like anything but Obama's enemy? Rmoney wants to raise your taxes--- unless you're a millionaire, then he wants to give you a break. One thing is for sure: SOMEBODY'S taxes are going up. The very rich have been given a break for at least twelve years now, to the tune of at least $800,000,000,000 a year--- comes to at least $9.6 trillion over the past twelve years, and most sources say that that 8 hundred billion is more like a trillion a year now. You want to give those people another huge tax break and pay for it yourselves, vote for Rmoney. The only way your health care costs go up under Obamacare is if you aren't paying anything now. Make your own decision--- you can vote for Obama, who has a chance of saving the economy and who supports the middle class, or Rmoney, who wants to do exactly the same thing GW did to destroy the economy, and who has people who think rape is ok among his supporters. Actually, that makes sense, because Rmoney wants to rape the middle class!
obviously some one has not listened to what Romney...errrrr...sorry...Rmoney...has stated as his tax policy: not to RAISE taxes, but to take away deductions...does that sound like a tax break?
i HAVE listened to mr obama...i'm stunned by his arrogance and decietfullness. he has no credibilty. he's a desparate candidate struggling to hang on to POWER...
obooma...errrrrr.sorry...obama has clearly stated he WILL RAISE TAXES ON THOSE IN HIGHER INCOME brackets...that is open discrimination ...karl marx and saul alinsky would be proud of mr obabma...errrrrr...obama...class warfare at it's best...after all, he was a student of thier philsophies: "Do anything you can to win."
sorry...i, and a majority, are not buying obamas rhetoric OR taxation, and indebtiness beyond our imagination, and ability to repay, as being the answer to everthing. the collapse of the USSR is proof of what taxation does when out of control.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 04:51:38 PM »
Obama is not going to raise taxes on the wealthy--- he's just letting their tax BREAKS expire, bringing them back to their baseline. Just like Rmoney is not going to raise taxes on the rich, he's just going to close their loopholes. The difference is that making the wealthy pay their normal rate will actually bring in around a trillion a year--- Rmoney can not find enough loopholes to close to even approach that, unless he takes away mortgage interest deductions, yours and mine. Having the tax breaks has NOT prompted the wealthy to create jobs in twelve years; instead, they simply kept the extra cash, like they always do. Nothing Rmoney has proposed is going to help the middle class, except in the right wing imagination...

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 07:06:59 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong YT but I perceive what you  have said here, in my own words, as; an advisory to keep things IN CONTEXT. It is very easy to dissect bits and pieces of whole statements and literary works of thought and manipulate PIECES OF THE WHOLE in order to serve ones own agenda.

We have seen this for thousands of years in respect to peoples perceptions and interpretations of the various theologies of the world. Perhaps CONTEXT presents too much of a big picture for many to grasp... as a whole.  Kind of the way I cannot grasp the idea of putting stock into anyone's CLAIMED understanding of the universe or "God's word" when they didn't even know that the Earth orbited the sun or that the Earth wasn't flat.

No antagonism on my part either Kimber but stupidity knows know prejudice to political parties. But even so, if these statements were taken in a complete context, I would have to agree with your assessment of (I won't say stupidity, but perhaps) narrow minded ignorance...to put it lightly.

Offline P.A. Myers

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 09:15:40 PM »
Distractions from the real issues, the rape I care about is the one o-bummer is doing to the US, including the middle class.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty -
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense”
 Winston Churchill

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 01:49:23 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong YT but I perceive what you  have said here, in my own words, as; an advisory to keep things IN CONTEXT. It is very easy to dissect bits and pieces of whole statements and literary works of thought and manipulate PIECES OF THE WHOLE in order to serve ones own agenda.
Pretty much. It gets done by left and right, and it's wrong either way. It's lying.

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2012, 06:47:31 AM »
it's really simple:

Another delusional hate post with no basis in fact. Where do these people come from? China?
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2012, 06:50:12 AM »
Obama is not going to raise taxes on the wealthy--- he's just letting their tax BREAKS expire, bringing them back to their baseline. Just like Rmoney is not going to raise taxes on the rich, he's just going to close their loopholes. The difference is that making the wealthy pay their normal rate will actually bring in around a trillion a year--- Rmoney can not find enough loopholes to close to even approach that, unless he takes away mortgage interest deductions, yours and mine. Having the tax breaks has NOT prompted the wealthy to create jobs in twelve years; instead, they simply kept the extra cash, like they always do. Nothing Rmoney has proposed is going to help the middle class, except in the right wing imagination...
Not passing a budget and pushing our debt to an astronomical level is taxing every one of us. What do you know about loopholes? I see you are well versed in spewing leftist talking points.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline dwalk

• A Real Regular
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2012, 10:28:28 AM »
what, exaclty, is wrong, legally, or morally wrong with that? why should the goverment get it? they did NOT earn it. why should they be entitled? why should anyone else feel they are "Entitled"? is it against the law to "Keep 'extra' cash"?
i'm sorry ...that's "Communist" ideology...like it not...
jeeeeeeeeeee...the idea of "You work to support yourself and family" is to be repalced by "Work to support yourself and your family AND someone elses family"?
i'm sorry...but i worked long and hard to have what i have now, i do NOT feel like i should be forced to share it with those who have NOT worked long and hard.

Offline dwalk

• A Real Regular
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2012, 10:33:26 AM »
it's really simple:

Another delusional hate post with no basis in fact. Where do these people come from? China?
are you referring to me or chungdoquan? i am not from china.