Author Topic: Texas warns UN affiliates monitoring our elections of prosecution risk.  (Read 1230 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Texas Warns UN Affiliates Monitoring U.S. Election of Prosecution Risk    Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott sent a strongly worded letter warning United Nations-affiliated “elections monitors” that if they fail to obey state law by going in or even near a polling place, the UN-linked observers risk criminal prosecution and serious penalties. The international observers, he added, have absolutely no jurisdiction to interfere with voting in the Lone Star State.

Even before making the letter public, Abbot was already warning the self-styled “elections” monitors that any unlawful antics would not be tolerated in his state. “UN poll watchers can't interfere w/ Texas elections,” he tweeted before releasing the full letter. “I'll bring criminal charges if needed.” The attorney general closed his message on Twitter with the words “Come and Take It,” a famous battle cry from 1835 when Mexican officials tried to disarm rebellious Texan settlers. A later post said: "My message to UN related poll watchers: Don't Mess with Texas Elections!"

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...osecution-risk 
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline 52bagman

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
We need just 49 more to make things right.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)

Texas good ole boys are like all other good ole boys, give them a beer and they dont know the world turns.

Can you elaborate, and tell us what this comment has to do with the topic posted? Or is it an attempt to perhaps flame some Texans that might be stopping by the forum?
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)

Texas good ole boys are like all other good ole boys, give them a beer and they dont know the world turns.
back in 1990, we met a bunch of them boys, and I wouldn't bet against them.  Texas is a great state.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Nothing agin" the state. When you look at their politics they fold just like the rest.
The only thing tufff about good ole boys is the talk and stories. I dont care where you are. A can of beer and potbelly, does not a warrior make.  When the feds show up they hunt a hole to hide in just like everyone else.
A govenor in Texas can make a young girl take shots and pills just like Chicago can, to fill his pockets and those of his buddies.
They sure showed the TSA who was boss.
Janet Reno was so scared of the Texas Marshalls she burned down a whole group of people, including women and children.
No, texas is fine state but not above any other.
As far as Janet Reno and the Waco tragedy, might ought to take a look at who was govenor of Texas at that time! >:(
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline SHOOTALL

I don't agree with that at all. And would add that every state even CA. has some good old boys , rednecks , or what ever colorful name you care to use who will not only bark but bite if cornered. You fail to consider than many feel like the last few years were pushing them in a corner . Many have watched their lives disrupted beyond what they feel is nessary. Things like a president saying he dosen't care about white construction workers , giving money to GM so they can expand in China or donating money to drill offshore in South America for oit to be sold to Russia etc etc etc .
YES WE WILL SEE ! and it might not be pretty.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Anna

The Texas government is nothing like the fangs and claws you would see from her people.
Throw in Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arizona , and a few of the Indian Nations and you would have a real mess on your hands .

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
The Texas government is nothing like the fangs and claws you would see from her people.
Throw in Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arizona , and a few of the Indian Nations and you would have a real mess on your hands .

+1
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline Anna

It's absolutely true , the Apachie Nation here in NM have said that anyone who tries that had sure better bring with them a whole lot of shovels , they are going to need them .
The Cheyenne were a little more vocal about it but due to the tone they used its best not to post that .

Offline powderman

Personally, I resent the un monitoring anything that we do. They need to GET OUT of our business. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline nw_hunter

Re: Texas warns UN affiliates monitoring our elections of prosecution risk.
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 02:08:31 PM »
Personally, I resent the un monitoring anything that we do. They need to GET OUT of our business. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

They need to be a memory, and not a good one ;)
The world does not need a universal police force, and we damn sure don't need them anywhere close to the USA.But tell that to our Republican and Democrat leaders, and make them listen :o

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 03:38:37 PM »

They need to be a memory, and not a good one ;)
The world does not need a universal police force, and we damn sure don't need them anywhere close to the USA.But tell that to our Republican and Democrat leaders, and make them listen :o
what other leaders could we tell that to??
in 1993 the governor of texas was democrat ann richards. I think that under their current governor, he might have been at waco kinda keeping things civil.
and I believe that he will stand behind his AG and keep the UN at bay.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 05:19:07 AM »
what other leaders could we tell that to?? The point was.......It falls on deaf ears!Not one of our leaders, on either side of the isle do anything about getting us out of the United Nations!I guess we could tell it to CHEER LEADERS, for all the good it would do.The only backbone left is at state level, and only a handful of them have any it would appear.

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 06:25:49 AM »
Nothing agin" the state. When you look at their politics they fold just like the rest.
The only thing tufff about good ole boys is the talk and stories. I dont care where you are. A can of beer and potbelly, does not a warrior make.  When the feds show up they hunt a hole to hide in just like everyone else.
A govenor in Texas can make a young girl take shots and pills just like Chicago can, to fill his pockets and those of his buddies.
They sure showed the TSA who was boss.
Janet Reno was so scared of the Texas Marshalls she burned down a whole group of people, including women and children.
No, texas is fine state but not above any other.
Well then come on down and start running your mouth. See how easy I fold. Good point about Janet Reno but you missed the part about Ann Richards (democrat succubus) being governor then, Perry is not in bed with federal abuse of power. Even Connally, a democrat would have refused to give the feds military equipment or aid to attack Texas citizens.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 06:37:23 AM »
I guess my  question is why is this a big deal all of a sudden since it has been going on since 2002, by state department invitation?
GuzziJohn

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 07:05:02 AM »
what other leaders could we tell that to?? The point was.......It falls on deaf ears!Not one of our leaders, on either side of the isle do anything about getting us out of the United Nations!I guess we could tell it to CHEER LEADERS, for all the good it would do.The only backbone left is at state level, and only a handful of them have any it would appear.
the reason democrats don't do anything, is because they are in bed with the UN.
the reason republicans don't is because all most people do is gripe on these forums and don't hold their reps feet to the fire.  I tend to a long list of actions every day. if everyone did the same, things could change.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 08:30:51 AM »
Dont matter who was gov. the people put her there and didnt say a whole lot about the situation.
It would matter who the govenor was!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline Dee

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 08:44:25 AM »

Can you elaborate, and tell us what this comment has to do with the topic posted? Or is it an attempt to perhaps flame some Texans that might be stopping by the forum?

I'm a life long Texan, and when "pryor patch" squeaks, I think of Albuquerque NM, and the "hot air" balloon festival.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 01:55:37 PM »
Good golly rickt300, that's a long way to go to run my mouth. Couldn't you meet me in mississippi somewhere at a truck stop or some other dive. You could show me how to wrestle alligators and I could buy you a beer. I dont drink or go to dives but we could work it out. Do you drive a big 4 wheel drive mud fling thing? I would like to ride in one.
You would have to be a lot more useful with your mouth to get all that. I see that envy of the south isn't missed by you leftist yankee loafers. And if I found you want to vote for Obama I sure wouldn't let you buy me a beer.

If you two want to spit and get red faced at each other do it by PM.This topic is about the UN monitoring elections in Texas, not rehashing the War between the states.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 01:56:55 PM »
Great.  I see a series of posts being deleted, most by the same author...

Offline bulletstuffer

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
  • Overkill begins when hair shoots out the antlers.
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 02:44:45 PM »
Don't think I'd get to Lippy with those Texans in person ;)

http://picchore.com/people/dont-loot-here/

This was one of my favorite photos of all time!  God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bulletstuffer
I am the first to work when I have to and the first to go on vacation when I can!  God Bless America!!!

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 03:02:11 PM »
When I went down to help dig the people out after hurricane katrina I saw several signs of that nature. I thought they fit the situation pretty good.

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 04:52:42 PM »
They monitored our elections in 2004 at the request of the Bush administration. (Though not at GW's request.)

If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 06:52:47 PM »
They monitored our elections in 2004 at the request of the Bush administration. (Though not at GW's request.)

I don't know where you voted, but there weren't no stinking UN "observers" where I cast my votes.   Down here, us rednecks might feed them "observers" to the gators.  THAT would be something to watch!!

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline 52bagman

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 08:00:47 AM »
Have a friend just sent this, Veit nam vet and ticked off.

Offline Anna

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 01:49:59 PM »
Some of you guys have got those Texans a little upset.  Even the moderator told you that was not a good idea. Hay, but blue bonnets are really pretty though, just saying.

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 05:42:25 AM »
Your right BBF, I think I will just put Chung on ignore.  Odd there seems to be no ignore function.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline Anna

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 08:34:11 AM »
All you have to do with him is go to programs, and then click on Duhhhh.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 09:58:18 AM »
This whole item is a tempest n a teapot.