Author Topic: Democrats cry..."take no prisoners"...  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Anna

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Democrats cry..."take no prisoners"...
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »
<sigh>

Folks I am not a good Christian.......in point of fact I am a pathetic excuse for what God wants of me. I can never live up to the ideals of good Christian beliefs, no matter how hard I try. BUT I CANNOT STOP TRYING!!!!!!

Regarding my political beliefs: I have two "touchstone" issues. One is Second Amendment Rights, the other is Abortion. I have found that if a candidate agrees with me on those two, I can generally find common ground with him/her on most other issues.

Unfortunately, in the current presidential race the two front runners do not agree with me on either of those issues.To some extent I suppose I must bear the blame, I supported a candidate I did agree with, sent money to assist in the campaign, was vocal in my support to others.....I tried......apparently not hard enough. America appears to no longer be prepared to be free. :'(

Nevertheless I cannot support either of the current major party candidates....But I cannot abandon the fight........ and I cannot be quite that hypocritical. And I cannot stop trying.

Has nothing to do with ego, rather it has to do with priniciples......even if I am not worthy. ???

Very good Cuts , I knew there was something about you. People, go back and read what I just quoted
by Cuts and what he said and how he said it. How many of you can remember who those kind of words and how they were said would remind you of? Someone like a thief who was also on a cross next to Jesus when he was crucified! And what was it that Jesus said to that thief ?
Cuts , I don't know if you know it or not but you just made a very heartfelt confession to God .
And that is always one of the very big things God is looking for in all of us .

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2012, 04:33:02 PM »
And Cuts for the record , I do feel that you presented your opinion in a very gentlemanly manner.
As well as any voiced opposition to anything that you feel you need to say .
I also can not find anywhere that anyone was personaly called a hypocrite by Cuts . He simply asked
me to explain my feelings that I stated on this subject in relation to my choseing a candidate.
I really can't see anything wrong with his doing that and he did do so in a very timely manner .
Anna, cuts and I have been battling for some time.  I'm the one he refers to as a hypocrite.
he wasn't saying anything about you.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2012, 04:40:24 PM »
How can one criticize abortion and at the same time complain about helping to take care of the children that, obviously were not aborted? Do y'all think that an unborn child is worth saving, but an infant is not worthy of your concern? The abortion issue always comes down to one thing: religion. Right wing christian fundamentalists cannot accept sex as recreation without real consequence. That's fine, as long as you do not force that belief onto others, who, theoretically, have as much right to pick their own criteria for right or wrong as you do. To do so is the same as the Sharia law that you've all heard about and fear so much.
I don't think you've heard anyone criticize abortion and not be willing to take care of them.
my wife and I had a small place down at Mims Fla. for vacations. I had to sell it to pay for our adoption and all the other expenses that go with it.  so I and many others are willing to put our money where our mouth is.

Post #18, which has been quoted all and in parts in several replies supporting it. And I commend you and your wife for adopting. That's one child--- how many does that leave?
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2012, 04:44:40 PM »
<sigh>

Folks I am not a good Christian.......in point of fact I am a pathetic excuse for what God wants of me. I can never live up to the ideals of good Christian beliefs, no matter how hard I try. BUT I CANNOT STOP TRYING!!!!!!

Regarding my political beliefs: I have two "touchstone" issues. One is Second Amendment Rights, the other is Abortion. I have found that if a candidate agrees with me on those two, I can generally find common ground with him/her on most other issues.

Unfortunately, in the current presidential race the two front runners do not agree with me on either of those issues.To some extent I suppose I must bear the blame, I supported a candidate I did agree with, sent money to assist in the campaign, was vocal in my support to others.....I tried......apparently not hard enough. America appears to no longer be prepared to be free. :'(

Nevertheless I cannot support either of the current major party candidates....But I cannot abandon the fight........ and I cannot be quite that hypocritical. And I cannot stop trying.

Has nothing to do with ego, rather it has to do with priniciples......even if I am not worthy. ???

Very good Cuts , I knew there was something about you. People, go back and read what I just quoted
by Cuts and what he said and how he said it. How many of you can remember who those kind of words and how they were said would remind you of? Someone like a thief who was also on a cross next to Jesus when he was crucified! And what was it that Jesus said to that thief ?
Cuts , I don't know if you know it or not but you just made a very heartfelt confession to God .
And that is always one of the very big things God is looking for in all of us .

Anna,  some here who cuts has abased in the past, might not feel so warm and fuzzy.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Anna

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2012, 04:53:59 PM »
Bugeye, I bet a lot of people didn't feel to warm and fuzzy towards that thief either. 

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012, 05:33:28 PM »
Beyond the physical body that is, as is said- ashes to ashes, dust to dust- where do these aborted children come from, and return to if they actually enter a body?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2012, 01:14:38 PM »
Beyond the physical body that is, as is said- ashes to ashes, dust to dust- where do these aborted children come from, and return to if they actually enter a body?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
   Where do you and I come from and return to when it is "ashes to ashes and dust to dust"?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Anna

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2012, 01:25:54 PM »
Sounds like what they try and tell some people at a crematorium!  We had a cousin cremated and the whole process was horrible . When they sent the urn back and we opened the box there were ashes
all over the inside. Then they didn't even have the decency to remove the tag off the bottom of the
urn that said made in China ! It was a real Wal Mart funeral I'm telling you.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2012, 02:07:22 PM »
Sounds like what they try and tell some people at a crematorium!  We had a cousin cremated and the whole process was horrible . When they sent the urn back and we opened the box there were ashes
all over the inside. Then they didn't even have the decency to remove the tag off the bottom of the
urn that said made in China ! It was a real Wal Mart funeral I'm telling you.
I told my wife to cremate me.  to not spend thousands on a casket, vault, or plot of ground.
I told her I'd come back and haunt her if she spent a fortune to plant me.
if it was legal, I'd have her put me in the compost heap.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2012, 04:44:24 PM »
I told my wife to cremate me.  to not spend thousands on a casket, vault, or plot of ground.
+1

And for the same reason, I've always been an organ donor. 

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2012, 04:48:53 PM »
+1

And for the same reason, I've always been an organ donor.
yep, when you die, you don't need any body parts.  it's on my drivers license.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2012, 06:33:29 PM »
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
   Where do you and I come from and return to when it is "ashes to ashes and dust to dust"?
Thanks to Eve, God does not have to throw a glob of mud on the table to form bodies. He made a  reproducing production line, wait that is just for your body NOT YOU, so where did YOU come from?
Are  you saying man creates the souls that make a body a living soul?

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2012, 02:16:12 AM »
I also have come to the conclusion that as important as this issue is, for moral and social reasons, it is also a bit of "the tail wagging the dog". How big is the abortion problem? As near as I can tell only about 3% of American women who are pregnant seek an abortion. Of that 3% I cannot determine how many need one to save the life of the mother, or cases of rape/incest, but I suspect the actual numbers approach so near to zero %. as to be insignificant. Nevertheless to those in that position it is certainly NOT an insignificant issue to be facing. :( Still, it is an emotional issue and a good stirring stick to get the plebes in an uproar!

It's a damned complicated issue  But we may be making it more so than we need too. ::)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_the_United_States
Actual truth is, the number of abortions that fall under that much-repeated rape, incest, life-of-the-mother shibboleth is very small. I've thought that agreeing to FUND all abortions in those categories would be a good deal, if the trade included banning all others... the pro-choice folks would never go for it.

Politically, abortion is a useful tool for getting people to the polls. The Dems use it to motivate womyns, the Repubs use it to motivate the religious who'd like to tell others how to live. I no longer give it a great deal of time, having spent far too much energy on it in the past.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.