Author Topic: GOP demands to see drone video of fateful attack.  (Read 369 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
GOP demands to see drone video of fateful attack.
« on: October 29, 2012, 03:31:27 AM »
    McCain, Portman press to see videos, other evidence from Libya terror attacks  Published October 29, 2012
FoxNews.com   
  •    
  Top Republican lawmakers stepped up their demand Sunday for the Obama administration to provide more hard evidence about what happened during the fatal attacks on U.S. outposts in Benghazi, Libya, including information gathered from drones flying overhead during the terror strikes.

In addition to requesting videos from the drones, the lawmakers also are asking the administration to reveal whether the unmanned craft had weapons and to declassify videos recorded inside the U.S. Consulate in Libya where Ambassador Christopher Stevens and State Department Official Sean Smith were killed.
The lawmakers hope such evidence will in part finally prove whether a mob indeed assembled before the strike. Hours later, two former Navy SEALs were killed during an attack on a nearby CIA annex.

“This administration is very good at touting and giving all the details like when they got Bin Laden,” Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain said on CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “But now we know that there were tapes, recordings inside the consulate during this fight.”
McCain, the ranking Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, said the FBI got the tapes and has classified them as top secret.

The senator said the administration has yet to fulfill his request to see the drone pictures, “but what I do know is that those in the surveillance records from inside and around the consulate will show that there was no demonstration.”

Colorado Sen. Mark Udall declined to discuss on “Fox News Sunday” whether the drones were armed.
Ohio Sen. Rob Portman, a Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, told Fox he joined McCain roughly two weeks ago in asking Defense Secretary Leon Panetta for additional evidence.
“We haven't heard anything,” he said. “We sent another letter yesterday.”

Virginia Democratic Sen. Mark Warner told Fox, “what we ought not be doing is getting into some of these issues …  about drone assets.”
He also declined to say whether the drones flying over Benghazi were armed.
“This member of the Senate Intelligence Committee is not going to make any comments on drones on the record, off the record or anywhere else,” he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/28/mccain-portman-press-to-see-videos-other-evidence-from-libya-terror-attacks/#ixzz2Ah7MvuwV
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
Re: GOP demands to see drone video of fateful attack.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 04:25:48 AM »
It's only hearsay that there even were drones there.
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 03:52:56 PM »
Why is it only truth when Chris Mathews says it?
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 03:27:16 AM »
So, members of the right imagine a drone taking videos of the incident, just like they hallucinate a scenario with one Marine on the roof while the other one single-handedly holds off a dozen attackers with rocket launchers. (I'm sorry that sounds too much like that joke with hussein's general and the marine at the top of the sand dune!) THEN they demand the evidence from these imaginary playmates!  ;D Life in the bubble!  :o
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline magooch

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 04:21:16 AM »
Yeah, the Ambassador and those others who died there in Lybia are just stories that were made up by Romney and those rascally Republicans.  No worries though, Hussein Obwana will get to the bottom of it--right after the elections--maybe.
Swingem

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 04:23:08 AM »
The way things are going right now, concerning Bengahzi, IF there is video from a drone we will not see it until after the election, and it will be heavily redacted. These tactics worked well for this administration in the Fast & Furious debacle and they will use them again.

Still..It is currently well over a month after the attack and not one single person has come forward to take credit for saying what has been "reported" by the media as a denial of requests for help from "sources on the ground"......NOT ONE!

Now, I'm more than willing to believe the OBs administration screwed up and let Americans die, but after a month with no actual witnesses......it's getting more than a little difficult to choke down. ???
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 04:29:24 AM »
Guilt by omission.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 09:04:18 AM »
The way things are going right now, concerning Bengahzi, IF there is video from a drone we will not see it until after the election, and it will be heavily redacted. These tactics worked well for this administration in the Fast & Furious debacle and they will use them again.

Still..It is currently well over a month after the attack and not one single person has come forward to take credit for saying what has been "reported" by the media as a denial of requests for help from "sources on the ground"......NOT ONE!

Now, I'm more than willing to believe the OBs administration screwed up and let Americans die, but after a month with no actual witnesses......it's getting more than a little difficult to choke down. ???
all the witnesses on scene were killed, but I thought there was a hearing or two with state dept folks that blew the whistle.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 09:12:32 AM »
all the witnesses on scene were killed, but I thought there was a hearing or two with state dept folks that blew the whistle.

The only "state department employee" who has spoken up has denied that there were any requests for aid.

Be that as it may, the news media has repeatedly quoted "sources on the ground".  ::)

That $#!+ ain't cutting it anymore! >:(
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME