Author Topic: Nosler's new, long-range AccuBond  (Read 1330 times)

Offline while99

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Nosler's new, long-range AccuBond
« on: October 31, 2012, 08:32:34 PM »
Bend, Ore. – October 31, 2012 – Nosler, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of their new line of AccuBond® Long Range bullets. Developed through a combination of bullet manufacturing techniques that are unique to Nosler, the design of the AccuBond®-LR allows for the highest B.C. possible in a bullet of the same caliber and weight. Designed with an optimum performance window ranging from 3,200fps to 1,300fps, the unique tapered jacket geometry and proprietary
bonding process of the AccuBond®-LR allow it to expand rapidly for effective energy transfer and significant tissue damage while retaining sufficient weight to ensure deep penetration into the vitals. The AccuBond® bonding process allows the AccuBond®-LR to perform reliably on game throughout the entire velocity range, eliminating the problem of being “too close” often encountered with other high-B.C. bullets. The high-performance boat tail, long ogive, and polymer tip combine to make the AccuBond®-LR the sleekest, flattest- shooting, bonded, hunting bullet ever created. The ogive of the AccuBond®-LR is designed to provide excellent accuracy in a wide variety of firearms without the necessity of being loaded close to or in contact with the lands. The new AccuBond®-LR will be packaged in 100 count boxes, and will initially be available in the following calibers and weights.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Nosler's new, long-range AccuBond
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 01:12:14 AM »
do you work for them?
blue lives matter

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 04:36:31 AM »
Finally.... a 150gr .270 accubond!  Also....I think the 190 or the 210 would be pretty awesome in a 300win.  I use the 200gr AB now.  I really care about weight more than long range.
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline helotaxi

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 04:39:00 AM »
If the accuracy is there, these will likely be my go-to's for the 7 and 270 WSM's.

Offline Grumulkin

• Trade Count: (33)
    • http://www.orchardphoto.com
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 07:30:17 AM »
do you work for them?

Considering how many web sites this has been posted on, I think it's likely.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 07:56:22 AM »
I don't care if he owns Nosler! Looking forward to trying them out!!! Those BC's are pretty incredible and a huge jump for the already impressive original Accubonds, as well as better than the Bergers Target bullets.  I would say that these are going to be in high demand.  The 200 gr AB's are what I shoot for game in my 300 RUM and I shoot the 200 gr. Berger Hybrids for paper. But that may be changing.  Hopefully they will fly at magazine length COAL or less like the originals...

What's odd is that there is nothing on the Nosler website about it, only forum postings...
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 05:47:58 PM »
do you work for them?

He works for them.   ;D ;D
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 10:44:45 AM »
Doesn't really matter in this case if he does or not. Nosler sends me whatever I ask for at no cost which kinda gives them basically the same status as if they were a paying advertiser and in fact they were that also at one time. They never say no to my requests for product to test and often send bullets I didn't even request. they always supported the GBO Prairie Dog shoots as well with lots of door prizes.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline while99

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 05:56:27 AM »
do you work for them?

No, I don't work for Nosler nor have I ever worked for any manufacturer of firearms/ammunition/or reloading components.  I just posted it as an item of general interest for those who hadn't seen it.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 09:11:07 AM »
I personally was hoping to see a 180g bullet on the 270 list , I'm just a junky for heavy for cal pills and guess its too much to ask for .  ;)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline D Fischer

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 09:58:31 AM »
This has to be a publicity thing. What good is even a .500 BC to the average hunter; make it a 600 BC? And how many other bullet's are around that will accomplish the same thing as these? It amazes me the attention new products get. look at all the new powder's, not a thing wrong with the old one's other than they are old!

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 01:09:20 PM »
This has to be a publicity thing. What good is even a .500 BC to the average hunter; make it a 600 BC? And how many other bullet's are around that will accomplish the same thing as these? It amazes me the attention new products get. look at all the new powder's, not a thing wrong with the old one's other than they are old!

Well they are in the business of selling bullets. ::)

But Accubonds are fantastic bullets and there are a lot of guys these days who (like me) like to shoot long distance. The better the bullet, the better the group at 500 to 1000 yards.  I just got worked up a few of my rifles to consistantly hit moa at 500 and will be moving that distance as far as I can, so yes I will enjoy these bullets... I would be great if I can use the same bullets on paper as I do on game.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 03:16:51 PM »
Another bullet manufacturer that lists a G7 coefficient.  So what would we need to use that number? JMB ballistics calculator?  Yes, this is very good news.   :D
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 03:53:21 AM »
Another bullet manufacturer that lists a G7 coefficient.  So what would we need to use that number? JMB ballistics calculator?  Yes, this is very good news.   :D

I have the shooter ballistics calculator app on my phone. I think it cost about $5. Great program and has many options, G7 coefficient is one of them.  Can make it as simple or as intricate as you like. It also has a great online manual that explains everything.Obviously it's very handy being portable and you can email shooting charts so you can print them for dope cards.  It's the only program that I use these days. And no.... I don't work for them...
Buckskin

Offline helotaxi

• Contributor
Nosler's new, long-range AccuBond
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 02:49:33 AM »
if the average hunter was the only person that gun and ammo makers catered to there would be the 30-30 shooting 150gn round nose bullets and nothing else.  What good is the ability to take a shot over 100 yds to the average hunter to whom that is a very long shot? 

There are plenty of hunters these days that practice to take that 500+yd shot and now they have a real hunting bullet for the purpose. This is good news for everyone.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 01:27:57 AM »
I guess like some i shake my head. New bullets comming out everyday and mostly just to suck money out of guys wallets that think they can buy a good group at long range or a hit on a deer at 500 yards. Heres my take on it and this is just my own opinion and thats it. Ive had crap luck with bonded bullets accross the board for accuracy. Sure ive got them to shoot but it took probably twice the load developement to get them there and in some cases they just didnt shoot period in some of my guns. there more expensive and for what. You surely dont need them to hunt deer sized game. A ballistic tip will handly take care of that and has a pretty good bc allready thank you. In my opinion if 500 yard deer were on the agenda id take the extra expansion of the bt at those ranges anyday over a stout constructed bullet. At 500 yards velocits are down pretty low and a stout bullet can underexpand. Step up to elk or moose sized game and they may offer a slight advantage but the extra inch or two in trajectory you gain isnt as important because the kill zone is twice the size on an animal that big. Target bullet? Maybe, but why do you need a bonded target bullet and nos allready makes target bullets with excellent bcs. Answer to a problem that doesnt exist if you ask me and im one that shoots MANY deer at long range every year and yes some out to 500 yards and even a bit further. Buy them if you want and youll probably end up with a decent bullet but it sure isnt going to kill deer a bit better then a bt at 500 yards.
blue lives matter

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 06:39:55 AM »
I guess like some i shake my head. New bullets comming out everyday and mostly just to suck money out of guys wallets that think they can buy a good group at long range or a hit on a deer at 500 yards. Heres my take on it and this is just my own opinion and thats it. Ive had crap luck with bonded bullets accross the board for accuracy. Sure ive got them to shoot but it took probably twice the load developement to get them there and in some cases they just didnt shoot period in some of my guns. there more expensive and for what. You surely dont need them to hunt deer sized game. A ballistic tip will handly take care of that and has a pretty good bc allready thank you. In my opinion if 500 yard deer were on the agenda id take the extra expansion of the bt at those ranges anyday over a stout constructed bullet. At 500 yards velocits are down pretty low and a stout bullet can underexpand. Step up to elk or moose sized game and they may offer a slight advantage but the extra inch or two in trajectory you gain isnt as important because the kill zone is twice the size on an animal that big. Target bullet? Maybe, but why do you need a bonded target bullet and nos allready makes target bullets with excellent bcs. Answer to a problem that doesnt exist if you ask me and im one that shoots MANY deer at long range every year and yes some out to 500 yards and even a bit further. Buy them if you want and youll probably end up with a decent bullet but it sure isnt going to kill deer a bit better then a bt at 500 yards.

Even better would an LBT soft point.  With it you get expansion, penetration and very importantly, accuracy, at all ranges.   ;)   

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 08:18:21 AM »
It's just another option and an improved one at that. Don't know why anyone would complain about that.  Without impovements we would still be pouring powder down the muzzle... If you're using AB's anyway, why wouldn't you use the one with the best BC??? And my 300 RUM still has 1300 ft/lbs at 1000 yards so I think 500 would work with 2450 ft/lbs.
Buckskin

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 08:41:41 AM »
I was looking at those in Sportsman's yesterday.  I wanted 25 cal, none on the shelf so moved on.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.