Author Topic: I won !!!  (Read 553 times)

Offline samh

• Trade Count: (0)
I won !!!
« on: November 01, 2012, 03:04:22 PM »
Camera Land, Inc. is a sponsor on here and I just wanted to give them a big thumbs up. I've used them for several years. Bought 3 or 4 scopes and a couple of pairs of binoculars from their web site, always been very satisfied with all my transactions with them. A couple of days ago I was on their site and saw a sign up for their monthly drawing, they usually give away scopes or binoculars or range finders, I signed up and forgot it. This morning I got an e-mail from them telling me I'd won a set of Olympus Magellan 8x42 EXWP 1 binoculars. Called them up and had a good conversation with the guys there, glad they survived the hurricane.  So, if you check out their site, be sure and sign up for the drawings.
NRA Member         1972
NRA Life member   1988
NRA Endowment    2013
SAF  Member         2013

Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

Offline curteric

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Re: I won !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 11:57:19 PM »
I also won a while back. I won a Vortex Red Dot. I put it on a 16" 357 max barrel. Tomorrow I will try it out on whitetail. Season opener here in MN.

Offline samh

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 11:25:43 AM »
Got my new binoculars in today and I got'a say they are a really good  pair of glasses. I bought a set of 10 X 42 Minox binoculars last year, from the same guys that had the contest at http://www.cameralandny.com/ , that I really like too.. Now my problem is try'n to figure out which ones to carry. I've played with both all afternoon and can't decide which one is best.
NRA Member         1972
NRA Life member   1988
NRA Endowment    2013
SAF  Member         2013

Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

Offline samh

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 05:52:20 PM »
OK, I just spent a week at deer camp, spent almost every sunrise and sunset in a stand. I carried both my new Olympus Magellan 8x42 EXWP 1 binoculars and my 10 X 42 Minox binoculars  to the stand the first couple of days, trying to decide which I liked better. I ended up with the Olympus getting used the most. Both are great binoculars, but the Olympus 8X42 are lighter to carry and gather light a little better. I really couldn't tell any difference in seeing details between the two. Thanks again to the guys at Camera Land for a great pair of binoculars.

NRA Member         1972
NRA Life member   1988
NRA Endowment    2013
SAF  Member         2013