Author Topic: Grip Question  (Read 608 times)

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
Grip Question
« on: November 02, 2012, 10:50:14 AM »
Would anyone know if there's a Pachmayer grip or grip sleeve that fits single action revolvers?  In particulat this one.

JP Sauer .357 mag

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
Re: Grip Question
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 10:58:48 AM »
Welcome back Spirithawk
Hogue and pachmayr come to mind.  I would look on-line, and compare the measurements of your grip frame with the various Rugers.  You may find a good fit, or be able to make one fit with the use of a Dremel tool and a little glass bedding.
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:47:01 PM »
     I believe pach. made a grip for the J P Sauer revolvers back in the day.  Jim

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 03:19:29 PM »
Sorry I don't know but welcome back Spirit!
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 04:09:13 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm still feeling pretty puny but getting better each day. I think I may have found what I'm looking for with the Hogue Rubber Single Action Grips. Will have to find a set I can look at to see if it will fit or can be made to fit. I know they make them for Rugers but not sure how my grips compare.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 04:11:25 PM »
Sorry, double post.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 02:45:49 AM »
I never liked the rubber grips on single actions so can't help with you question. I just want to say I'm glad to see you are back and wish you a speedy recovery. Puny is not fun.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 07:28:27 AM »
I never liked the rubber grips on single actions so can't help with you question. I just want to say I'm glad to see you are back and wish you a speedy recovery. Puny is not fun.

Thanks, I'm still dealing with pain and pretty weak but getting better each day. I want the rubber grips because I still hope to be able to get a day or two of hunting in. The .357's recoil isn't bad as is but anything that could tame it even more could make the differance in whether I can hunt or can't.

Offline Savage

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 08:30:57 AM »
Another "Welcome Back" from the Savage! Can't help with your search, I like the old smooth grips on my single actions, including the old .357 JP Sauer I picked up back in the 60s. I don't hunt with them, but do enjoy shooting them now and then. When I do, I shoot them one handed the way Sam intended, letting the gun roll in the hand positioning the hammer for rapid thumb cocking and the next shot.  I suppose if I were hunting with a SA revolver, I'd be using both hands.  Tacky grips might be an advantage there. Good luck!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,