Author Topic: Hate your opponent?  (Read 802 times)

Offline rio grande

• Trade Count: (39)
Hate your opponent?
« on: November 05, 2012, 01:17:52 AM »

It's my hope and prayer that whoever is chosen in Tuesday's elections that God will bless them with a sense of compassion and a love for peace.

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: Hate your opponent?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 02:54:40 AM »
Ain't hardly anybody following John Wesley's advice, esp not the 'Christians' whose public expression of faith is hatin' gays, being mad about abortion, and calling Muslims a cancer. Them, and their Birther Bros...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 03:42:33 AM »
Muslims a cancer? Well if they generally are not trouble then why were the Crusades fought? Look into it, you might actually see with your mind.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 03:46:21 AM »
Muslims a cancer? Well if they generally are not trouble then why were the Crusades fought? Look into it, you might actually see with your mind.

ummmmm...according to frances gies, in "The Knight in history"...copy right 1984, the crusades were started by Pope Urban II on November, 27, 1095 in Clermont, france, to give unruly "Christian" knights something to do as they were systematically pillaging europe at the time...
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 03:48:49 AM »
Muslims a cancer?
No; that's a pejorative term used by bigots with personal grudges bolstering their bigotry, and overriding their Christianity.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 03:50:29 AM »
ummmmm...IIRC...the crusades were started by Urban II to give unruly "Christian" knights something to do as they were systematically pillaging europe at the time...
The Crusades were undertaken because they were absolutely necessary.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 03:52:15 AM »
Misdirection and overlook the facts, a leftist politician would be proud.

Offline dwalk

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 03:57:55 AM »
ummmmm...IIRC...the crusades were started by Urban II to give unruly "Christian" knights something to do as they were systematically pillaging europe at the time...
Wrong parrot. The Crusades were undertaken because they were absolutely necessary.
you're wrong...better get it right...YOU need to read your history...see just ONE of the sources above.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 04:03:15 AM »
Back on topic, Rickt300 - what do YOU think of John Wesley's advice, at the top of this thread?

Offline dwalk

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 04:14:10 AM »

ummmmm...according to frances gies, in "The Knight in history"...copy right 1984, the crusades were started by Pope Urban II on November, 27, 1095 in Clermont, france, to give unruly "Christian" knights something to do as they were systematically pillaging europe at the time...
^^^here...maybe this will help...

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 06:34:01 AM »

It's my hope and prayer that whoever is chosen in Tuesday's elections that God will bless them with a sense of compassion and a love for peace.
Easy for him to say. His options were not B. Obama or M. Romney.

I do get the point of the post.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 07:11:58 AM »
No hate here.

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/nY0M7IdNl7U[/embed]

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 11:26:44 AM »
Well it would be interesting to have the Muslims shouting "Allahu Akbar" and the non-Muslims shouting "I love you man" on the battle-field while shooting at each other but I doubt that will happen.

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 12:09:52 PM »
John Wesley never built or led a country. Another preacher whistling in the wind.

My experience with liberals is that they talk about love and tolerance just before forming their mob,  shouting down people and attacking  them.  They talk about "loving" everyone even as they prepare to lynch people who disagree with them.   

Read Dreams From My Father by Obama and you will see for yourself the hatred that drips out of every page.   This monster never should have been elected to lead a country whose history is a source of embarrassment and humiliation to him and whose people he so passionately hates.

It's natural, healthy and normal to hate enemies who seek your enslavement and destruction.  Be prepared to hate and kill your enemies because they hate and are preparing to kill you.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »
Back on topic, Rickt300 - what do YOU think of John Wesley's advice, at the top of this thread?
Wesley is not voting in this election.  He may never have seen the left right quandry we are in now.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 12:59:06 PM »
i  HATE  obumer  and the democrats  for a differnt set of reasons
 than  most of the people that hate him  here

i  hate him  because  he thrives  on supporting the parasites in this country
the  more parasites  that they can ''spawn''  in this country....the bigger their base gets

the democrats are  WORTHLESS  and they  make other people worthless and dependent

i  make  no apology  for  hate them  and hope you hate them too
i don't care WHY  you hate them....only that  you DO HATE  them
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 01:03:26 PM »
Wrong parrot. The Crusades were undertaken because they were absolutely necessary.
you're wrong...better get it right...YOU need to read your history...see just ONE of the sources above.
Well after some study the Crusades were generally about getting the Muslims out of Jerusalem. However oddly enough a lot of Jews died defending Jerusalem from the Crusaders. However further Crusades were pretty much a Muslim hate fest. Such is how the present middle east mess can be characterized. If it were not for oil and Jerusalem we'd leave the sand lovers alone.

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 02:24:34 AM »
i  HATE  obumer  and the democrats  for a differnt set of reasons
 than  most of the people that hate him  here

i  hate him  because  he thrives  on supporting the parasites in this country
the  more parasites  that they can ''spawn''  in this country....the bigger their base gets

the democrats are  WORTHLESS  and they  make other people worthless and dependent

i  make  no apology  for  hate them  and hope you hate them too
i don't care WHY  you hate them....only that  you DO HATE  them
You certainly speak your mind ;D
while I don't hate democrats, I have never befriended one, but I really, really,  hate what they have done to this country.  the USA cannot survive another four years of obama.

Offline rkeltner

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 04:05:30 AM »
i absolutely agree with wesley's quote. while i do despise the policies of the left, i do not hate the people on the the left, nor do i hate their leaders. i do pray for them, their families, and their associates.  it is sometimes hard to do, because, because there is such rancor over the issues, but it is absolutely necessary, because otherwise, it would be far to easy to descend into the hatered that is being discussed here, and that is very destructive, beyond what most people realize. i know my own heart, and i imagine most others, whether or not they will admit it, have the same dangerous thought processes when they fall into the trap of hating, reguardless of the reason for the hate. a heart that harbors hate is a heart that is in the control of the hate, and is therefore at risk of acting out of that hate. hate is the source of many kinds of evil in society, so be very afraid if you have given yourself over to hate!

Offline rickt300

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 04:42:01 AM »
I prefer not to hate but revenge is a more reasonable thing. rkeltner you are saying that the destruction Obama and his minions are up to won't create animosity? You must not be able to see what is coming if Obama is re elected.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 05:21:03 AM »
i absolutely agree with wesley's quote. while i do despise the policies of the left, i do not hate the people on the the left, nor do i hate their leaders. i do pray for them, their families, and their associates.  it is sometimes hard to do, because, because there is such rancor over the issues, but it is absolutely necessary, because otherwise, it would be far to easy to descend into the hatered that is being discussed here, and that is very destructive, beyond what most people realize.

all true. People have far more in common that they like to admit, when ideology takes over

Offline rickt300

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 06:34:35 AM »
I guess you can argue against freedom as you ideology. I think Wesley is an airhead.

Offline rkeltner

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 06:53:39 AM »
I prefer not to hate but revenge is a more reasonable thing. rkeltner you are saying that the destruction Obama and his minions are up to won't create animosity? You must not be able to see what is coming if Obama is re elected.
animosity/ anger are entirely possible to harbor without becoming consumed with hatred. i know that the times i have allowed hate to be my driver have been my my darkest times. i WILL NOT allow myself to controlled by something that could cause  me to fall into a pattern of behavior that i could lose reasonable control of. like it or not, hatred, and i don't care who you are, has the potential, and even the likelyhood of  of being the source of that very sort of loss of control! been there, done that, have NO desire to go back!!!

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 09:11:24 AM »
Ain't hardly anybody following John Wesley's advice, esp not the 'Christians' whose public expression of faith is hatin' gays, being mad about abortion, and calling Muslims a cancer. Them, and their Birther Bros...

Are those the same Christians currently doing the pee pee dance hoping to elect a false prophet worshipping pagan president.

Its best not to apply logic to such reasoning, it makes the headaches much less intense.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 10:53:17 AM »
I recently read that radical Islam made up less than 10% of all Muslims. It seems that many judge them in the collective rather than as individuals. Wasn't that true also about the Indians?

It is my opinion that civilizations were a product of individuals and that the destruction of civilizations was a cause of the collective.

As many of you have voted for the middle management of America today, keep in mind that for forty years when the republicans have taken office, the welfare state of the democrats has stayed in place. And as the democrats have taken office, the warfare state of the republicans has continued in place. The only true change is that the government has continually gotten bigger and your liberties have continually disappated. Your standard of living has gone to the government trough. In a time of so many inventions and science, that seems almost impossible. For that, you have given your consent for another four years of the same government, if it lasts that long.

I do not consider those voting for Gary Johnson in this same count. They are trying, but I don't see that it will work.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 12:26:38 PM »

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 01:42:39 PM »

Tom was such a wise man!His mold seems to have been misplaced along the way.
I have seen family's and friends turn against each other because of politics and religion. It's happened in my family. Near 50/50 at the poles.Becoming estranged over something they have no control over, and each thinking the other is minus brain cells. Both.....right on the money ;)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2012, 03:40:19 PM »

Complete drivel. Study the history of the election of 1800 and Jefferson's  relationship with John Adams.   Jefferson withdrew from many friendships and turned on former friends.