Author Topic: Republicans need new coaches  (Read 1430 times)

Offline KIMBER45

• Trade Count: (0)
Republicans need new coaches
« on: November 06, 2012, 11:15:42 PM »
The Republican party is very good at choosing losers lately. They only have themselves to blame for losing this election. If you look at the economy, word affairs, etc. the Republicans SHOULD have won. They had everything going for the Republican Party, and still lost .They need to get new coaching, so they can pick better candidates. Put some of the blame where it's needed. The people who chose the Republican candidates.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Republicans need new coaches
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 12:25:18 AM »
   Kimber;
      Yes, the Republicans could have won the election if they had been willing to"give away the store" to the parasitic mobs..but how long could this nation last doing that?   
    You are drinking joyful waters today...they will soon start to turn bitter...  When they do, the Koolaid won't help...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 12:28:20 AM »
   Kimber;
   You're drinking joyful waters today...they will soon start to turn bitter...
What makes you think I'm doing that ? I'm just stating the truth.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 12:52:50 AM »
Kimber, people that voted for Obama, are no different than the Jews that broke the covenant with God. IG is totally right. Things are going to get real ugly around here, real quick. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 01:02:18 AM »
Kimber, people that voted for Obama, are no different than the Jews that broke the covenant with God. IG is totally right. Things are going to get real ugly around here, real quick. gypsyman
This is about the Republican party making bad choices in choosing their candidates. Maybe that's a big part of the problem. Republicans blame everyone and every thing but themselves. LOOK AT THE REPUBLICAN PARTY . Maybe another problem with the Republican party is that they are TOO PROUD and ARROGANT to look at their own short comings. The election should have been a slam dunk for the Republicans and THEY BLEW IT. And they only have themselves to blame.
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 01:03:49 AM »
 I've heard that the changing demographics of the nation+ the propaganda machine of the libs led to this, and theres really no clear way out. Now this IS the new normal.
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 01:11:16 AM »
I noticed two issues that hurt Romney badly.  One was the 'fantasy' article by some new york scum reporter that said that if elected romney would gut Detroit, or let it fail, and that scared the crap out of enough of those michigan lefties to literally swing the entire state.  I would like to have a personal 'go-around' with that g-damned reporter, just me, him and a butane blowtorch.
The other issue was the abortion issue - and that was a non-issue, but the lib/dems blew it up to be the biggest they could make it and that seemed to swing enough of the growing 'stupid class' to hurt Romney.  Again, just me and them and a blowtorch - would smell like grilled chicken. 
And my personal issue is the damned 3rd party votes.  There has never been a 3rd party win in the history of this nation but there are far too many stupid enough to believe that and you simply cannot tell them.  I really do not care if they waste their time and energy spouting about 3rd party candidates but g-damn it, when it comes to your vote do not waste it on a known 3rd party loser, spend it on the guy who is less likely to curb your freedoms. And by the way 3rd party people, ya best start hidin' yer guns and bibles on accounta dey is gonna come fer'm - that way obama can secure the future of this country for gays, liberals and those with their hands out.  jmtcw.

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 01:45:49 AM »
I don't think it was the candidate so much as the Republican platform.
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 01:53:17 AM »
I feel it was the inablity of the republican leaders to see what is going on. They insist on controling things with out dated rules. I hope the TEA party splits off forming a new party taking in the independents . Like it's been said before you can't keep doing the same old thing and expect different results.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 01:58:48 AM »
I feel it was the inablity of the republican leaders to see what is going on. They insist on controling things with out dated rules. I hope the TEA party splits off forming a new party taking in the independents . Like it's been said before you can't keep doing the same old thing and expect different results.
I totally agree with you.
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 02:15:05 AM »
The republicans are/were too nice.  Dems attacked Romney, a squeeky clean man, no skeletons in his closet.  They didn't even vet Obama, with his anti colonial, anti capitalist, anti christian slant.  Read his books and watch 2016, Obama's America.  If the republicans attacked Obama, they would be considered racist.  Romney never attacked him on Lybia.  Romney never attacked him on his never getting a budget passed.  Romney never attacked him on anything.  Also the hurricane took the news away from Romney's swell in the polls and Lybia, to making Obama look presidential.  Christy didn't help. 

Here is what to expect his second term.
1) Economy will continue to roll towards the clift, or should I say, Grand Canyon now, not because of not raising taxes on the rich, but because of excessive spending period. 
2) We will cease to be a superpower, Obama will gut the military.  He only want's us to have 300 nukes when Russia, China, India, North Korea, Israel, Pakistan, Brittan, France, and probably Iran next.  Five of these countries don't even like us. 
3) We will cease to be an economic superpower as we slide over the clift, and eventually the house of cards the Feds are playing with crashes with high inflation.  Inflation has already hit.  Check out what you paid for groceries when he took office and now.  How did your raises compare.
4) It will be harder for older people to retire, as their 401k's, pensions, and savings are dried up from a stagnant economy.
5) When the government can't pay the bills, there will be riots by the takers.
6) There will be more gun control, mark my words.  Obama want's pistols outlawed, and he wants the assault weapons ban placed back, said it in the debates.

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 02:19:57 AM »
 It would almost seem, and i've never said this before, that 3rd party might be the way to go from here. I just don't see the republicans taking back control of our political machine anytime soon, if ever, at this point. J
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 02:39:33 AM »
Let's look at who voted for Obama - College students, African Americans, Latinos , many Whites. What do you have left- The Grand OLD Republican Party. Like I said, they need a new coach and better start appealing to all the people, instead of their chosen few if they want to stay in the race. It's a new day , and until the Republicans smarting up, they will continue to lose. Look in Pa. First time the Democrates swept the election .
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline magooch

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 02:48:59 AM »
I don't believe there was any Republican that could have overcome the fact that our once great country is now a majority of takers.  We aren't about to go over the cliff; we are over it.  The make up of the population and the math just doesn't work.  Many years ago, I said we were approaching a time when it would be the "haves" against the "have nots."  That time has come and now we're going to see how it plays out. 

If there is a bright spot in any of this, it is that the Dumycrats bought it and they own it.  They might try to blame everything on the Tea Party, the Republicans, Conservatives, or whatever, but it won't matter.  The best we can hope for is that they self destruct when, or if reality smacks them right between the eyes.
Swingem

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 02:49:00 AM »
I think it`s time for a new "business" model as the old one is certainly not working!
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline magooch

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 03:14:36 AM »
And the first order of bidness is to lock and load.
Swingem

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 03:23:01 AM »
Kimber, seems I remember a certain president, just a couple weeks ago, blaming the previous president. Who left office almost 4 years ago. Looks like the blame game door swings both ways in this arguement. As far as the Republican party not doing the job to promote a good candidate. I really don't think it would matter who they nominated. As magooch stated, reality will hit this group right between the eyes, and it will not be far off now. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 03:29:55 AM »
I don't believe there was any Republican that could have overcome the fact that our once great country is now a majority of takers.  We aren't about to go over the cliff; we are over it.  The make up of the population and the math just doesn't work.  Many years ago, I said we were approaching a time when it would be the "haves" against the "have nots."  That time has come and now we're going to see how it plays out. 

If there is a bright spot in any of this, it is that the Dumycrats bought it and they own it.  They might try to blame everything on the Tea Party, the Republicans, Conservatives, or whatever, but it won't matter.  The best we can hope for is that they self destruct when, or if reality smacks them right between the eyes.

You beat me to it. Just too many people in both parties want the government to take care of them and they choose the candidate that they think will give them the most. Most of these people won't care who "owns it" because they don't look beyond what is given them.

A true conservative has no chance of winning a primary for president in either party today, much less the office. A few make it to the house or senate because they don't have to face the whole nation.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 04:16:03 AM »

Uh-huh...yeah. Right.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 04:32:03 AM »
Let's look at who voted for Obama - College students, African Americans, Latinos , many Whites. What do you have left- The Grand OLD Republican Party. Like I said, they need a new coach and better start appealing to all the people, instead of their chosen few if they want to stay in the race. It's a new day , and until the Republicans smarting up, they will continue to lose. Look in Pa. First time the Democrates swept the election .

they need new leadership !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 04:36:47 AM »
Romney and Ryan got kicked out.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.  ;D
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 04:46:40 AM »

Uh-huh...yeah. Right.
Magooch -The statement is as stupid as the spelling. lol. Your thinking is the image of the Republican  Party. That in itself is what's harming the Republican Party.
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 04:53:51 AM »
Things the Republicans should address in their own party platform:
1) You can not ignore or discredit scientific fact and keep your credibility. Young people ARE the ones doing the grunt work for scientific research. Just saying it's not so only shows them you are not willing to do anything about the problem, or that you are not smart enough to perceive that there IS a problem.
2) Healthcare access IS a problem here. Ignoring that only showed that the Republicans either do not care or again are too dense to realize that there is a problem.
3) Equal rights are what it's all about--- the Republicans would do well to stay away from ANY talk or vote that has anything to do with abortion or any women's issues, voter suppression, etc.
4) Republicans need to ANSWER THE QUESTIONS they are asked. Does anyone here think the world simply did not notice that when Romney was asked if he paid women the same as he paid men, instead of answering, he meandered around and started the whole "binder" debacle?
5) Normal people believe that if you are making 95% of the money, you should pay 95% of the taxes. Period.
6) Three things, the military, health care, and education, whether you interpret the Constitution that way or not, need to be run, SECULARLY, by the federal government, without question. Those things are simply too big and too important to the well-being of the people in this country to be given over to private industry.
7) You can not frighten poor people with poverty. That does not work. And you can't tell them on the one hand that the money is worthless and then try and scare them with figures of how much they personally owe on the national debt. If the money is worthless, what difference does it make?

If the Republicans can not do at least that much, they will die off as the current crop of older white men die off.  Younger people generally do not have preconceived party affiliations--- they're ALL independents. And, young people nowadays are not going to vote for a party that spouts ideology over pragmatism. Likewise, people of color have no affiliations to the GOP--- they're voting the whats-in-it-that-helps-me ticket. The GOP also needs to admit that GW destroyed the economy. That one denial caused them at least some of the vote from middle aged and older white guys. Obama can get away with blaming Bush--- Bush was guilty. Trying to call him out on that blame just comes across as childish and whiney. They'd have done better to say that they had messed things up, and then tell what they were changing to fix it--- hint: no more tax breaks for the rich.
If the GOP does not move in this direction, they are history.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 01:29:59 PM »
the government should NOT control health care...it WILL end up like cuba, russia, england, etc....
the military is there to protect our soverign borders...
in a town near where i live, there is already a run on banks to withdraw money ...the DOW ended down over 300 points the day after the "Election"...are these a sign? i sure hope not...
no doubt we witnessed history...the continued downwaard spiral of a once mighty nation.
a nation where an entire generation of children have been taken by abortion...where it's ok to assess/tax the public for birth control/abortion...many are opposed to abortion, ya know... why should they be FORCED  to fund it? but not ok to pray in schools...
the bright spot is he can't run again...let's hope he doesn't do as much damage on his second term.
we don't have to like the results, we don't have to support the results of the election...all we have to do is to recognize it and work to change it...

don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 02:09:07 PM »
The presidents constituents consist of tax and spend liberals, an entire generation of dopers, murderers of innocent babies- -even those born alive, queers who are out to destroy the traditional family, and pacifists who are too blind to see the dangers of islam.  and don't forget that they tried three times to remove the name "God" from their platform.
the democrat party is the party of SATAN.

Offline superscifi12

Re: Re: Republicans need new coaches
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 02:56:04 PM »
1) You can not ignore or discredit scientific fact and keep your credibility. Young people ARE the ones doing the grunt work for scientific research. Just saying it's not so only shows them you are not willing to do anything about the problem, or that you are not smart enough to perceive that there IS a problem.
2) Healthcare access IS a problem here. Ignoring that only showed that the Republicans either do not care or again are too dense to realize that there is a problem.
3) Equal rights are what it's all about--- the Republicans would do well to stay away from ANY talk or vote that has anything to do with abortion or any women's issues, voter suppression, etc.
4) Republicans need to ANSWER THE QUESTIONS they are asked. Does anyone here think the world simply did not notice that when Romney was asked if he paid women the same as he paid men, instead of answering, he meandered around and started the whole "binder" debacle?
5) Normal people believe that if you are making 95% of the money, you should pay 95% of the taxes. Period.
6) Three things, the military, health care, and education, whether you interpret the Constitution that way or not, need to be run, SECULARLY, by the federal government, without question. Those things are simply too big and too important to the well-being of the people in this country to be given over to private industry.
7) You can not frighten poor people with poverty. That does not work. And you can't tell them on the one hand that the money is worthless and then try and scare them with figures of how much they personally owe on the national debt. If the money is worthless, what difference does it make?

If the Republicans can not do at least that much, they will die off as the current crop of older white men die off.  Younger people generally do not have preconceived party affiliations--- they're ALL independents. And, young people nowadays are not going to vote for a party that spouts ideology over pragmatism. Likewise, people of color have no affiliations to the GOP--- they're voting the whats-in-it-that-helps-me ticket. The GOP also needs to admit that GW destroyed the economy. That one denial caused them at least some of the vote from middle aged and older white guys. Obama can get away with blaming Bush--- Bush was guilty. Trying to call him out on that blame just comes across as childish and whiney. They'd have done better to say that they had messed things up, and then tell what they were changing to fix it--- hint: no more tax breaks for the rich.
1) Global Warming is still a theory NOT a fact. Proof against global warming has come from both sides.

2) Healthcare access is not an issue. It is the cost. The cost is driven up by medicare, medicade, and insurance. The cost of insurance is high because there is no free market for it (I live in Nebraska and have to purchase insurance from inside the state, as most states) and secondly Obamacare is driving up insurance cost (I'm a machinist/student with a wife and 2 kids) since its passage my insurance premiums are up from $75 per check to $190 (plus my 154 a check to cover the deductible)

3) equal rights? So that is why 30 states have passed a defence of marriage act?

4)I'll answer the question, pay the person who has more education / experience more. If the same, pay them the same. It's called merit based pay.

5)they already do, but taxing people does nothing but limit growth and make the government larger (which takes away our rights). Everyone would pay the same percentage of their yearly wages, not the top 2% paying 95%.

6) Military, yes but education and healthcare should not be controlled by the government. Education should be state/local. Healthcare should not be controlled by any government free market should dictate. 1300 insurance companies in the us and I can pick from less then 10.

7)The dollar is about worthless. Look at the inflation from flooding the economy with printed money. Go to the grocery store and compare prices from 5 years ago. Compare gas prices from 5 years ago to now.

Btw I'm a 28 yr old machinist/student with a wife (works in the healthcare field) and 2 boys (3 and 5). We are both registered republicans. Who hunt, shoot, and fish.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 05:23:01 PM »
I don't think it was the candidate so much as the Republican platform.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Considering the real demographics of the electorate..Chung is most likely correct!
   The Republican platform has generally been a platform which emphasized hard work to make success, diligence in business, traditional American values, respect for the original intent of the constitution, , rugged individualism, personal responsibility and respect for God..

The "winning' side last night was an amalgam of misfits..some want special homosexual rights , some wanted their neighbors to pay for their condoms, others wanted illegal immigration to be the norm, others wanted 40 acres and a mule...and all wanted more "freebies" from the government.
  Added together, they comprised well over 50% of the voters..  When this "Brave New World' comes to fruition..workers will say "why work..when I can sit on my assets and draw just as much?  Soon, almost everybody will be on the dole.  How can any nation/culture survive when almost all are taking from the pot..while very  few are putting anything into it?
  This from a party that had to hoodwink the majority of it's members,  into allowing the name of GOD in their party platform!!

Apparently as Ranger says, "this is the new norm"..unfortunstely, this new norm will not last..neither will the USA, unless they change drastically and turn back to normalcy.  How's chances the misfits will voluntarily do that?  ...answer that for yourself..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 12:15:17 AM »
<sigh>  :-\
If what I'm reading here is true, that a true conservative could never garner the republican nod.......America is dead! Time to put Lady Liberty in a coffin and shovel dirt on her. :'(

Welcome to Amerika. ::)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 12:36:29 AM »
<sigh>  :-\
If what I'm reading here is true, that a true conservative could never garner the republican nod.......America is dead! Time to put Lady Liberty in a coffin and shovel dirt on her. :'(

Welcome to Amerika. ::)
Time for those who think that way to find a better country and move there - PERMANATELY!!!
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline ChungDoQuan

Re: Re: Republicans need new coaches
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 01:25:33 AM »

1) Global Warming is still a theory NOT a fact. Proof against global warming has come from both sides.

2) Healthcare access is not an issue. It is the cost. The cost is driven up by medicare, medicade, and insurance. The cost of insurance is high because there is no free market for it (I live in Nebraska and have to purchase insurance from inside the state, as most states) and secondly Obamacare is driving up insurance cost (I'm a machinist/student with a wife and 2 kids) since its passage my insurance premiums are up from $75 per check to $190 (plus my 154 a check to cover the deductible)

3) equal rights? So that is why 30 states have passed a defence of marriage act?

4)I'll answer the question, pay the person who has more education / experience more. If the same, pay them the same. It's called merit based pay.

5)they already do, but taxing people does nothing but limit growth and make the government larger (which takes away our rights). Everyone would pay the same percentage of their yearly wages, not the top 2% paying 95%.

6) Military, yes but education and healthcare should not be controlled by the government. Education should be state/local. Healthcare should not be controlled by any government free market should dictate. 1300 insurance companies in the us and I can pick from less then 10.

7)The dollar is about worthless. Look at the inflation from flooding the economy with printed money. Go to the grocery store and compare prices from 5 years ago. Compare gas prices from 5 years ago to now.

Btw I'm a 28 yr old machinist/student with a wife (works in the healthcare field) and 2 boys (3 and 5). We are both registered republicans. Who hunt, shoot, and fish.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Those "counterpoints" are actually making my argument FOR me. You are defending an ideology; I respect that. BUT, pragmatically, holding blindly to that ideology cost conservatives the election. The left WANTS you to stay the same.