Author Topic: Hey Republicans.........  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: Hey Republicans.........
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 01:45:30 AM »
Moderate? Are you serious? Wow, I guess conservatism really is dead.
          Call it whatever you will.  It was still a wing of the Republican party and everything that you claimed others did to poor old RP, YOU have been doing to Romney.

I did not shut the "moderate" wing out of the convention and not allow them to speak like THEY did to Ron Paul. Get your facts straight.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 09:41:59 AM »
I don't think it sums up anything. The real issue is this country is: We are finished.

A "real conservative" cant win either. How does a conservative get a fair shake with the left wing dominated media in this country?

The mass of our population are consumers of false information. A real conservative would have been further made out to be a demon. So I fail to understand how this can ever work.

The real enemy of the people in this country are the major media outlets.

Start your own media...talk radio is mostly GOPer right leaning, too. God only knows there's enough coin around to do that. FOXy does it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ditto what Doublebass said.
...TM7

Everyone knows that its the TV media that rules. Consider not jus tht emajor networks but also their local affiliates. How can Fox news compete with literally hundreds of TV news media outlets? One cable news network cannot counter balance this.

The American people are being lied to by a constant stream of left wing Liberal information. And its not so much what they say veruss what they dont tell.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline briarpatch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 09:48:26 AM »
If we all refused, everyone that knows they lie and what they support,  to watch msnbc, nbc abc, cbs etc.... All shows on these networks you would see a change but hell no, you can take my freedom, guns, life but dont take my dancing with the stars, today show, tom brocaw I cant live without that.

Offline Casull

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 10:04:49 AM »
I did not shut the "moderate" wing out of the convention and not allow them to speak like THEY did to Ron Paul. Get your facts straight.

That is the only thing you did not do.  Everything else applies.  Own up to your words.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2012, 11:48:45 AM »

That is the only thing you did not do.  Everything else applies.  Own up to your words.

Oh, so now you're admitting that you accused me of something that isn't true. That's very nice of you.

Nothing else that you claim applies since Mitt is a liberal, not a moderate. If Mitt was even somewhat conservative I may have voted for him. Since he's a flaming liberal then yes, I did criticize him. Should I not criticize liberals?

His voting record does not match all the sweet nothings he told conservatives about himself during the campaign. If a politician tells me one thing but his voting record indicates the exact opposite I can only believe his voting record. Sorry, I don't like liberal politicians but it's OK if you do. Just like it's OK that you don't like Ron Paul. That's fine, my original point was that Romney voters should not blame the Ron Paul wing of the party for the loss of their candidate after the Romney wing of the party shut that group completely out of the convention. It's very simple, if you shut the liberty movement out of your convention then don't expect the liberty movement to vote for your candidate.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Casull

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 12:49:50 PM »
Oh, so now you're admitting that you accused me of something that isn't true.

No, I'm not admitting that.  Go back and look at my original post, and you'll see where I addressed those issues one by one, with the exception of the convention matter.  As I said, you have been doing the exact same thing that you accused others of doing (with the exception of the convention issue, which for obvious reasons does not apply).

Nothing else that you claim applies since Mitt is a liberal, not a moderate.

Call him whatever you want, liberal, moderate, spaceman, I don't care.  YOU were alienating Mitt's wing of the party in just the way you were whining about RP's wing of the party being alienated. 
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Ram4x4

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2012, 01:18:58 PM »
I don't give a flying rat's rear end if you are right wing, left wing, upper wing, whatever.  What I do care about is the state of my country.

4 years of trillion + dollar deficits, unprecedented unemployment, record low GDP growth, etc is bad.  Yah, I know, it's Bush's fault..blah, blah, BS.  I'll even entertain that thought for a second and accept it as gospel, even with it Obama has done poorly because he hasn't turned any of it around, he's fixed nothing.  I also know, it isn't totally Obama's fault, I blame democrats in general because they had 2 full years of a super majority and still managed to make things worse.  After the repubs took the house, of course, the finger pointing ensued en mass and it's just been one constant stalemate.

Our problem is the government as a whole.  Secondary to that is ever increasing ignorance, or indifference (I can't decide which) of the people at large.  Some of it has been brought about by the very technology we now hold so dear.  Instant world-wide communications.

I am old enough to remember when the evening news was on just an hour or two in the evening and it was common not to find out about events sometimes that happened 2-3 days earlier.  Now we literally have a live feed, 24/7 on the whole world.

People today are more concerned with how blinged out their SUV is and if they have the latest iPhone or xbox game to hit the market than they are about what's really going on around them.  My own children suffer this to some degree and it has been painful and frustrating to try to get through to them.  I don't blame the world for that though since it's my responsibility and "I" will do what I need to to guide them and teach them.

Some times I think Marx was right about his dialectic progression.  Democracy is only a stepping stone to communism.  Sometimes it sure seems we are heading in that direction at a frightful pace.  I believe the only way we're going to have any real change is through another revolution.  I truly hope it doesn't come to that, it's certainly not what I want to happen, but I tend to be pragmatic so I will be prepared as I can be for whatever eventuality awaits.       

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2012, 02:07:58 PM »
Call him whatever you want, liberal, moderate, spaceman, I don't care.  YOU were alienating Mitt's wing of the party in just the way you were whining about RP's wing of the party being alienated.

He is a liberal so I don't want to be part of any party that's liberal. I will always alienate any party that runs a liberal for a president. I was not whining about anything BTW, I was just stating some facts about why Mitt lost. It was the RNC's decision to alienate the pro-liberty wing of the party. They had every right to make that decision, it's their party. They are also now suffering the consequences of that decision, that has nothing to do with ME.

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2012, 02:20:33 PM »
 Don't beat me to hard. But I think the republicans should fight the regime for the first year. Starting with year #2 give him everything he wants!. Let all the taxing and steal Libs have all they want. Then lets see how bad they cry about the way things are going. Then republicans can put up whoever they want and it will be a cake walk. Then for once maybe some of the fence sitting closet libs will be saying "what happen?"

I have been visiting some amish folks and think I could do with less(not that I want to) but if it would wake up a few folks(not likely) then hey lets do it.

Just a thought

Lonny

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »
Not gonna' work that way Lon.  The bulk of our population live in major urban centers and are helpless if they can't get it on a store shelf.  Many of them in desperation are gonna' come and try to take from the "haves".  After all, their leaders have been telling them for years thats why they don't have more...the "haves" have it all.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline painted horse

• Avid Poster
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2012, 05:39:36 PM »
Cheer up republicans. The best thing that could have happened happened. The Titanic was sinking anyway. Now obamu is the captain. If Romney had been captain when it sunk, then capitalism would be blamed and Hillary would be your next president.

------------------------------------------------------
Funny you should bring that up as I'm pretty sure that's who will be the next Democratic choice. I'd be willing to bet Ol' Bill wasn't stumping for Obama for nothing. He was "collecting chits" and the payoff will be the next Pres elections...aannnddd, I'll also be willing to bet Hillary stands a better than even chance of pulling it off. That is if what I've seen and read here is a true indication of so called conservative Republicans OR Independents..I'm in the latter, I wasn't for Romney either, I was rooting for Newt, smartest man in the house, and I believe knows the problems and how to fix them, but he carrys to much baggage and I really knew he wouldn't be nominated.  But I sucked it up, voted for Romney because I figured he was a better alternative to what we had/have. Evidently some of you didn't agree with me.. :)  Oh well, it was a nice day here today, had a little sun, a little snow and now it's a clear beautiful night....and if I wake up in the morning and see myself in the mirror thats a good start to another one..

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2012, 11:22:59 PM »
It was the RNC's decision to alienate the pro-liberty wing of the party.

99% of them voted for Mitt in the end.  There just aren't enough of them to matter.  All they do is sit around and pout.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2012, 02:44:47 AM »
double, Romney has never held a federal office, so hes has no voting record there.

but heres some info about his governorship.

http://www.ontheissues.org/mitt_romney.htm

Ronald Reagan, the greatest prez ever, used to be a democrat, so you can see that people do change.
below is from the political guide.
Governor Romney has been supportive of the second amendment in the general sense while campaigning for the Presidency in 2012, but continued to support an assault weapons ban in the 2008 elections. Since that time, he has stated that he does not believe that the nation wide assault weapons ban should be re-instituted.

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2012, 03:09:44 AM »
I don't think it sums up anything. The real issue is this country is: We are finished.

A "real conservative" cant win either. How does a conservative get a fair shake with the left wing dominated media in this country?

The mass of our population are consumers of false information. A real conservative would have been further made out to be a demon. So I fail to understand how this can ever work.

This really sums it up.  The American people have no clue what is about to happen to them because of CENSORSHIP VIA OMMISSION by our media.

Plus, Run a conservative?  The problems is we run 5-6 conservatives that fight for that party vote in the primaries.  They split the vote from within, then others can get elected for the party.   What we need is to reform our primaries.  We need to get rid of all the Congressman that try to run as they have no real chance and we need to get rid of so many dang debates.  I like them, but there are just too many to beat each other up.  I loved Newt and Santorum til they started bashing Romney about Bain Capital and started to sound like extreme liberals. 

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2012, 03:13:50 AM »

99% of them voted for Mitt in the end.  There just aren't enough of them to matter. All they do is sit around and pout.

And proclaim themselves holier than thou because they saw it coming and decided to vote for someone else or sit it out.  Either way, whatever happens in the next 4 years is on their heads for their ignorance and rationalization that their vote will send some type of message.  The only message it sent was that the RNC needs to moderate and expand.  They sure got there message out, didn't they!

Offline magooch

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2012, 04:37:04 AM »
The real fix is that our election process has to be radically changed.  The votes are going to have to come out of the barrel of a gun.  We don't just vote out the other side's candidate--we vote out the other side.

If this sounds crazy, yes it is, but it is also quite possible that it is what will be reality.  It has happened before and is happening in other places on this planet right now.  Why would anyone believe that this country is immune.  I'll be keeping my voting machines ready.
Swingem

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2012, 05:03:04 AM »

This really sums it up.  The American people have no clue what is about to happen to them because of CENSORSHIP VIA OMMISSION by our media.

Plus, Run a conservative?  The problems is we run 5-6 conservatives that fight for that party vote in the primaries.  They split the vote from within, then others can get elected for the party.   What we need is to reform our primaries.  We need to get rid of all the Congressman that try to run as they have no real chance and we need to get rid of so many dang debates.  I like them, but there are just too many to beat each other up.  I loved Newt and Santorum til they started bashing Romney about Bain Capital and started to sound like extreme liberals.

one more that understands the DAMAGE  a third party causes
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline painted horse

• Avid Poster
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2012, 05:20:56 AM »
The real fix is that our election process has to be radically changed.  The votes are going to have to come out of the barrel of a gun.  We don't just vote out the other side's candidate--we vote out the other side.

If this sounds crazy, yes it is, but it is also quite possible that it is what will be reality.  It has happened before and is happening in other places on this planet right now.  Why would anyone believe that this country is immune.  I'll be keeping my voting machines ready.

WOW!!!! What a novel idea. Lets just shoot the ones that won't vote the way we want.  :o  AND, we could also include everyone that didn't agree with us or think like we do, or that we just don't like...heck yeah, we could even have a theme song, just change the words a bit, "Where have you gone Joe Stalin-gio". Naw, on second thougt I think I'll pass...but you go ahead on....................I'll be waitin for ya. :(

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2012, 06:17:40 AM »
i went republican because the dem party does not offer what i belive is best for america, and americans...they offer only tax and spend with no real soulutions...they offer only more misery...and what's even more astounding is that during the 2008 campaign, obama TOLD people what he is about...TAXATION...he warned us: "You want coal energy? we're going to tax it so much you won't be able to afford it..." is just one example...
independants? not enough solidarity and numbers
tea party? not strong enough yet and not enough numbers
"Obamacare" was never intended to be "Free"...it may very well be the most expensive "Giveaway" in our nations history.
obama's goal is to make "Subjects" of citizens; he has a good start!
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2012, 12:04:31 PM »

99% of them voted for Mitt in the end.  There just aren't enough of them to matter. All they do is sit around and pout.

And proclaim themselves holier than thou because they saw it coming and decided to vote for someone else or sit it out.  Either way, whatever happens in the next 4 years is on their heads for their ignorance and rationalization that their vote will send some type of message.  The only message it sent was that the RNC needs to moderate and expand.  They sure got there message out, didn't they!

So one of you is saying that there aren't enough of us to matter and the other is saying that it is our fault for voting for someone else.

Which is it?

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2012, 12:22:04 PM »

So one of you is saying that there aren't enough of us to matter and the other is saying that it is our fault for voting for someone else.

Which is it?

Actually it's neither. I have seen studies that show that most American self identify as having conservative values.

However......Romney is NOT a conservative and could never garner garner enough support from that base to win.

You wanna win? Run a conservative!!!!!!!!
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Casull

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2012, 12:37:55 PM »
Actually it's neither. I have seen studies that show that most American self identify as having conservative values.

Cuts Crooked, they may SELF identify that way, but they don't seem to vote that way.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Langfur Buchsen

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2012, 12:57:12 PM »
Your presidential election was watched with much interest by many Australians and the result has reported on and commented on by all the newpapers all this week.
I thought you might be interested to look at one of the local widely read (sometimes humerous) cynics wrote on today's paper from the perspective of how the result is regarded in another country - the website reference that it is taken from is at the end of the quote.

"BY WEDNESDAY evening I was about ready to scream if I heard the phrase ''battleground state'' just one more time. But I stayed glued to the TV, transfixed by the American presidential election in all its grandeur and all its idiocy.
Grand because it is tremendous theatre. Idiotic because the mechanics of the system apparently have not changed since 1788, when George Washington was elected to the first of his two terms.
Untold billions were spent by both sides, an obscene amount, but in many places voters had to queue for three hours and more just to get into a polling booth. Chaos ruled.
Ballot papers didn't turn up in Sciatica Springs, Idaho, or Emphysema Notch, Vermont. The Deputy Sheriff of Sphincter County, Mississippi, can close the polls when he sees fit and deny you the vote if your face is the wrong colour.
Nor will this change. Most Americans would regard our smoothly efficient Australian Electoral Commission as dangerously close to communist tyranny.
Somehow their system got the right result in the end. The good guy won.
What a pleasure it was to see the gloom descend on the folks at Fox News when, despite their best efforts, the black, Kenyan-born, Islamic socialist liberal made it back to the White House for another four years.
smhcarlton@gmail.com "

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2012, 01:17:03 PM »
I have seen studies that show that most American self identify as having conservative values.

Now that's funny stuff.  A conservative can't make it past the primaries....because there isn't anyone that will vote for them.  There are just enough to be spoilers.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2012, 01:48:52 PM »

read  my signature

no  3rd party  crush the democrats   then  join the libertarian party
crush the republicans

then  let the libertarians  and constitution party fight it out

thats the plan  lets go
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2012, 01:52:02 PM »
The minority vote elected O. Pure and simple. Oh wait........ White middle class conservitives are the minority. Let me rephrase the Black,hispanic,gay,jewish,non christian,uneducated vote decided the election.

Very impressive. You managed to combine racism, anti semetism and homophobia into the same post. Is this a typical Conservative stance?

Spanky

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2012, 03:50:31 PM »
Cuts have you figured how to get that good conservative past the media onslought. How to get him out of the blocks just to begin to campaign.

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2012, 03:59:57 PM »
Cuts have you figured how to get that good conservative past the media onslought. How to get him out of the blocks just to begin to campaign.

Or perhaps at least a website with something that says who they are, what they've voted for, and more about their stances.  It seems more secretive and elusive than what Obama's Czar's are really doing!   :o

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2012, 09:46:49 PM »
and pick that candidate from the constitution party. their platform should suit any conservative.
the libertarians are close but they allow the murder of unborn babies.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2012, 04:14:24 AM »
and pick that candidate from the constitution party. their platform should suit any conservative.
the libertarians are close but they allow the murder of unborn babies.

and there you have it

divide and  conquer  is working....