Author Topic: Ah, now we're on to something...  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Squirrelsaurus Rex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Ah, now we're on to something...
« on: February 10, 2004, 10:28:21 PM »
Howdy, guys.  So this is the fourth place I've found everyone migrated to.  Just by coincidence, I've been posting on the concealed carry forum for a week or so, and I didn't even realize this Marlin forum existed until just now, mostly because I haven't had much time for 'browsing' lately, so I never bothered to scroll down the list far enough.  Tonight I did, and whaddaya know?  A Marlin forum!  So, here I am!  It looks like this forum was only set up about a week ago, is that right?  If that's the case, then a bunch of the guys that went to rimfirecentral and 24hourcampfire may not be aware of it.

Just looking around here for the last fifteen minutes, I already like this forum better than the other three I registered at.  It feels a lot more like the old MT miscellaneous forum: a wide variety of different discussions going on at the same time (not limited to one particular topic) with the people I already know from MT.  This is more like it.  I'll think I'll be hangin' out here for a while... :agree:

But we need to contact a bunch of the other guys and let them know about this forum.  I'm sure they'd be regulars if they knew about it.
Squooshy... the other white meat.

Offline VTDW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.geocities.com/vtdw336/great_outdoors.html
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 12:18:20 AM »
Squirrelsaurus Rex,

Good to see you here.  A lot of the folks are at
http://shootersforum.com/index.htm? also.

Dave :grin:
www.marlinowners.com
How did I get over the hill without getting to the top?

http://photobucket.com/albums/v354/vtdw1/

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Ah, now we're on to something...
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 01:29:11 AM »
Quote from: Squirrelsaurus Rex
I already like this forum better than the other three I registered at.  It feels a lot more like the old MT miscellaneous forum: a wide variety of different discussions going on at the same time (not limited to one particular topic) with the people I already know from MT.  This is more like it.  

8) Dali Llama say he concur wholeheartedly, as Dali also find this forum much more to his liking and similar to former Marlin Talk locale. 8)
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 06:25:41 AM »
Squirrelsaurus Rex,  Welcome!! Yea the foks are getting settled in here and after the new server is up I think Bill will separate into a Marlin/Nef guns area  and a Misc area. so you can post what ever topic you like. ( within the rules of course)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Squirrelsaurus Rex

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 06:53:33 AM »
Thanks.  I think I'll do what I can to contact the rest of the ol' bunch that don't already post here and let them know about this forum.  I won't post a message about it directly on other forums, because I don't want them to think I'm 'stealing' members (as I've heard some people mention), and they're already tired of hearing about the sabotage and sinking of the U.S.S. MarlinTalk.  I think I'll cruise the other forums to find other people that haven't posted here yet and let them know about it via email or private message.  Might take a while.  We had a pretty big bunch.
Squooshy... the other white meat.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 05:40:31 PM »
Thats what I have done is sent private messages. I have posted publicly though if some members like at the leverguns or Marlin Collectors forum sounded disgruntled then I figured if you do not want them here I know some where that does. :)

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2004, 03:05:24 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
Thats what I have done is sent private messages.
Dali Llama say he quite certain jh45gun have sent such message to Allen, Texas??? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2004, 04:51:36 AM »
Quote from: Dali Llama
Dali Llama say he quite certain jh45gun have sent such message to Allen, Texas??? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sure I did and I signed it Dali.  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  No Dali I did not send one to Allen Texas.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2004, 12:38:53 PM »
Quote from: Dali Llama

Sure I did and I signed it Dali.  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  No Dali I did not send one to Allen Texas.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
That be wise decision, Grasshopper, say Dali Llama. :-)