Author Topic: Any comments on NEI since new mgmt??  (Read 776 times)

Offline hubcap

• Trade Count: (0)
Any comments on NEI since new mgmt??
« on: February 10, 2004, 10:42:24 PM »
Does anyone have any firsthand experience with NEI since Walt's daughter + son-in-law moved the biz to TX? I've heard rumors that the quailty was not as good.
:D   GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME

Offline wener

moulds
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 02:48:04 AM »
the quality is there just a few minor things to iron out! they are putting out good moulds and bending over backwards to appease people! im getting moulds all of the time and they have been of good quality!

Offline 475/480

• Avid Poster
nei
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 04:03:40 AM »
I got 1 mould from NEI 5 cav .500 mould,well made aluminum,cast pretty good bullets 370gr TCGC.
Sean

Offline Graycg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (74)
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 07:07:48 AM »
they are egggssselllent!!!!  Walt must be smiling with the way his kids are handling things.

I just got a new 6 cavity with 2 232 358 and 4 200 358 cavities and it is the cat's meow...  my 35 remington bullberry, 357 max Bellm barrel and 358 Bellm by David White are being well fed!

regards,
 graycg
"Secretly you want me on that wall; you need me on that wall"  
 Colonel Nathan Jessup

Offline jaberegg

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2004, 03:31:15 AM »
I just bought one of their 45 caliber 405 gr molds, my first aluminum. Took a good 100 or so to get going but, after that...... I'm impressed. Sent Joel an email yesterday saying I need a top punch for this mold, said he'd get one out to me right away. That's service!

Offline Kenneth L. Walters

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 10:32:24 AM »
The answers here surprised me.

From what I've read elsewhere (Yahoo Groups), quality is at best mixed.

Offline hubcap

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 10:31:37 PM »
:D   I've seen them(?) advertise and sell lately on Ebay. Wonder why? Do a search for 'mold mould' under SPORTS/SPORTING GOODS/HUNTING/RELOADING EQUIPMENT.
:D   GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME

Offline Dr. A

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2004, 11:21:46 AM »
Two days ago I sent an e-mail trying to find out if their 330gr. Gould was a hollow point.  I noticed it had a gas check and was very interested.  The gal (Patty Melander), had no idea what I was talking about, and wanted pictues.  I attempted to send a link, and after two or three other e-mails describing what a hollow point was, I gave up.  I will use my gould with a glued on-upside down gas check!

Offline hammerhead357

N E I
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2004, 04:18:17 PM »
I haven't had any expierence with NEI since Walt's passing but I think every time a business changes ownership there are some problems.
I remember when Ballisticast took over the H & G mould lineup there were several complaints and now everyone seems to be happy with them.
I am looking forward to trying out a new NEI mould in the not to distant future. So I hope they have over come any problems they had.   Wes

Offline Mike C

• http://mattbeltonoutfitters.com
NEI
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 01:32:56 AM »
I ordered two .416 moulds from them two weeks ago online.  Both moulds showed up in 3 or 4 days, looked perfect and cast perfect bullets. The best thing is that with the alloy I am using the bullets come out of the mould maybe .0003 over the .417 I size them to.  Both bullets shoot under one inch at 100 yd's so I am very happy with NEI and this particular Rigby rifle.  

Mike C