Author Topic: Assault weapon ban?  (Read 8095 times)

Offline briarpatch

• Trade Count: (0)
Assault weapon ban?
« on: November 07, 2012, 03:50:46 PM »
What do you guys think the AWB will look like when it hits?  Grand father in or just take away?

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Assault weapon ban?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 04:04:23 PM »
I don't think they will ban them.  Just tax them into oblivion along with ammo.  They have got the word from the Supremes on 2nd amendment, but they also got it on taxation with the Obamacare tax opening the door for them to regulate anything via taxation. 

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 04:40:14 PM »
I think it will start with a broadening of the definition.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 04:57:53 PM »
I think they will ban and tax. And I dont count on the limp wristed republican controlled house to lift a finger to stop them either.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Gunrush128

• Avid Poster
Assault weapon ban?
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 03:59:10 AM »
If they were to be banned, and grandfather rights were given to owners of assault weapons, what type of proof would be necessary for private sale guns?  I'm looking into buying a sig 556 from a private party but I want to make sure I'm covered. Bill of Sale or would I be better off going through an FFL?

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 04:27:58 AM »
If it is legal for you to buy from a non federal firearms lic. holder now you should be ok . It would be hard for them to make it retro-active and stick . Expofacto or something like that is a protection from such.
If they ban the guns they may have to reimburse you if they take them. So most likely it will be a ban on new and a tax on old or tax on both.
I hate to say it but it most likely would start an illegal black market in guns like it is with drugs. We really don't need more crime.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 04:43:02 AM »
I'm sure that all self-loading firearms will be banned.  and I doubt if there will be a grandfather clause.

I was shooting turtles in a river with my Smith&Wesson, and a cramp caused me to drop it in the river.
darn.....

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 09:30:42 AM »
Okay folks. many here have said repeatedly look at Obamas actions, not what he says. Okay....based on that what have been his "actions" during his first four years? Looks like I may need to buy a bunch more guns quickly for investment purposes before all the paranoid drive prices up like they did in 2008.
GuzziJohn

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 09:52:04 AM »
No guzzi, even you will see and understand this time.

Offline Gunrush128

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 10:34:12 AM »
I don't have a clue what's gonna happen.  I'm so torn on whether or not to stock up on guns that may be banned or sell the ones I already own.  I feel like if I buy a bunch, and they take them away, I'll be kicking myself.  But on the other hand, if I don't, and they grandfather them, I'll have missed my opportunity to own them...

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 10:42:10 AM »
i don't guess anyone remembers the
austrailian gun grab. . . .
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 11:03:02 AM »
kaliphornia  gave its people  ne year to dispose of them....sell or store out of state ect.
they sent you a letter...because they had your address when you regitered it a few years prior

hawayee     just wanted gun registration .[in the 1980s??].....many years before the  klinton ban
then  they  banned  any gun  holding  over 10 rounds.....a few years later
before they had the klinton ban.....if you had a glock....it help  more than 10
they had you adress  and  came to get it

i am  sure  little will happen  beyond registration  and/or  taxes
maybe report all trans action  on the  IRS forms
then  maybe the  start of the UN ''registration''

they  only want to register  them....they don't want to take them......yet
starting to take them  will be detrimental  to registration
and registration  is key  to confiscation
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 11:59:31 AM »
i don't guess anyone remembers the
austrailian gun grab. . . .

Very clearly. First a mass shooting, gun laws, registration, then confiscation by a mandatory gun buy back program. Finally a disarmed country. You can own a firearm in Australia if you obtain a special license that probably costs lots of money, and a requirement of jumping through thousands of hoops. Their government used the old communist line to fool people by saying that it will make the streets safer.

This year will go down in history! For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police will be more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future. Adolf Hitler.

History has show that many dictators have disarmed their citizens then killed the ones they didn't like. First they have to get the people to accept lies so there is no revolt, but before they can get the people to believe lies, they need to be made ignorant. Kind of what is happening here. Don't believe me? Look at what we elect for our public servants. We have a Marxist that is going to serve as president for a total of eight years, and may become dictator. Our senate and congress has its share of Marxists. The Supreme court is the biggie. It has appointed people that reflect the views of who we elect. Can't wait to see the next two.
Gun registration and confiscation will come here. When, is just determined by the completion of the indoctrination process, by making enough people ignorant.         

Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 01:34:09 PM »
australia  gun laws are more strick than out machine gun laws
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 01:43:24 PM »
Gun registration and confiscation will come here. When, is just determined by the completion of the indoctrination process, by making enough people ignorant.         
the founding fathers penned the 2nd amendment for this exact situation, now what will we do about it?

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 03:43:44 PM »
The Constitution dont get in these guys way. It hasn't so far.

Offline keith44

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 04:59:25 PM »
I'm expecting something a little different.  If they move they will move big, the un treaty is small arms treaty (read that as all hand held and shoulder fired arms)  Capacity of the magazine, and action types are not going to be factors. IMO

keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 08:37:46 PM »
when you enter the armed services, you take an oath to defend the constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic.
so if we revolt as the founding fathers planned for (2nd amendment) will the military fire on citizens??

Offline DDZ

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 01:34:21 AM »
so if we revolt as the founding fathers planned for (2nd amendment) will the military fire on citizens??

I like to think they won't.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 02:39:06 AM »

I think that most military think as we do about the constitution.  todays military is made up of men that love their country and don't want to see it become like a third world country.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 08:35:48 AM »

......................  todays military is made up of men that love their country and don't want to see it become like a third world country.

Sadly I don't share your optimism.
There is history when LEO or military was used against civilians i e breaking strikes for one.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 08:46:31 AM »

......................  todays military is made up of men that love their country and don't want to see it become like a third world country.

Sadly I don't share your optimism.
There is history when LEO or military was used against civilians i e breaking strikes for one.
since the draft is no longer, the military is made up of mostly very patriotic volunteers. and after talking to my three brothers and some active military, they hate obama, and they say they would never fire on civilians.  the atfe might shoot since they're a rogue outfit, but the rest will uphold the constitution.

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2012, 08:50:02 AM »
He could make  all semi autos Class III weapons. How did they do the machine guns back in 1935? Did they just ban them?

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2012, 12:38:04 PM »
The Military and LEO's would mow through the people like a mower through grass, men women and children, from coast to coast. Bodies would clog the rivers and block highways when they are through. All they are waiting on is the words... DO IT.
Read history books, the answers are there. We are no different than russia, china etc.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2012, 01:15:41 PM »
He could make  all semi autos Class III weapons. How did they do the machine guns back in 1935? Did they just ban them?

no ...i have one   and a muffler  for it

just a little more of paper work  and $200 fee

on  my destructive device..........[once an over the counter shot-gun]
i was given  a deadline [year i think] to have it registered
got to skip the $200 fee  and  local law enforcement  signature..
..[grandfathered in  in that respect]

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 01:07:56 PM »
Obama Waited A Whole 24 Hours

Before Telling The UN

We Are All In

[/color][/size][/font]
New UN Gun Treaty Meetings Set For March
[/color][/size]Unfortunately I was expecting to be writing a thank you to all of the patriots that gave it their all during this gruesome campaign. We were going to be preparing for Governor Romney's agenda instead we must prepare for the worst. You have seen how much damage President Obama has generated in four years; now that he does not have to worry about re-election we will finally see his true agenda. This is not a prediction; he has said it when he did not know the cameras were rolling:[/color][/size]President Obama: "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."[/color][/size]Russian Prime Minister Medvedev: "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir."[/color]

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 02:35:55 PM »
No, that son of a street lump is going to move as fast as he can against the plain ol white citizenry while making sure his acorn army is as well armed as can be.  I've told you before this sob has no use for the constitution and will order the military to support any police action necessary to confiscate any and all firearms banned by that un treaty. 
Do you buy now for investment - no dummy, you buy now to hopefully save your life.  Do you worry about private transfers - nope, for as long as it is legal buy whatever you can and secret it away, do not wait.  Stash some ammo and be prepared.  Your enemy here will not be a truckload of gun waving nummies from the city looking for more than 5 gallons of gasoline, it will be the cops and any nat'l guard or reserves they can muster for support.  And they will kill your women and children just like the cops have done before, and as fast as they can. 
I would not believe any of this crap about this cop or that one, or this veteran son or that veteran son not obeying orders to fire on American citizens - to them we aren't citizens, we are outlaws who must be stopped. Now the dogs are unleashed and you will find out exactly what kind of dogs that sob has let loose on you.  Your only choice and chance to survive is to kill them as fast as they come at you, take what they have and wait for them to send more.  There are 80 million armed Americans in this country and more states that field more hunters every year than we have ever had troops in the middel east.  He is too stupid to learn from history so we just might have to kick his ass back into history class and remember,when the Brits tried to disarm Americans we fought back and won, and now we had damned well better prepare to do the same this time.
He has no use for the Constitution and he will use whatever tactics and lies he can to disarm this country.  We must arm up and band together to survive.  Now is the time to consider like minded groups like militias as I doubt he would hesitate for a moment to use foreign troops to support police actions if he is stonewalled from using American troops in-country.  We brought this on ourselves for not being unified enough to bring him down and maintain what freedoms we have left, and now we will have to fight for it.  So if you're gonna puke yer guts then puke up now because the fight is coming and you may not even have time to think about anything other than eiher fighting or you dieing; it's your choice and I don't see any alternative.
You want to argue that, go ahead but don't scream injustice when they drag your wife or daughter naked from their beds and machine-gun them while they are on the floor just because some chicken-schmidt sob has called in that you have guns and didn't support him in the last election. 
They can make any damned excuse they want to for their actions and the supid media will print what they say and make you and all of yours look like the kind of street scum who should just have been shot on sight, so quit your damned complaining and prepare for it. 
You will have only one choice and that will be to either fight or submit.  And, because this is a free country, it is your choice but make it and prepare and just quitcherbitchin'.  It is not as though you have not been told all this before, and that's for sure.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 02:40:07 PM »
They don't have your address unless they go to the store where you bought it and dig through the files.  Those files are only kept for 20 years btw.  If they come for mine, I suggest they come armed.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 04:38:05 AM »
They don't have your address unless they go to the store where you bought it and dig through the files.  Those files are only kept for 20 years btw.  If they come for mine, I suggest they come armed.
many are on computers now and some stores don't ever get rid of them. and when a store goes out of business they often send the files to the ATF.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 05:24:05 AM »
the ATF  comes by and reviews  my books every few years

pass this link  along .....fill out and contact you senator
this  link  makes it easy
http://capwiz.com/nssf/mailapp/