Author Topic: Assault weapon ban?  (Read 8100 times)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Assault weapon ban?
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2012, 07:38:07 AM »
BBF   OMG how much tighter can your laws be?

They could go back to registration of long arms. That program was a huge expense.

One or two Provinces want their own full registration using the federal information which was to be destroyed, notably Quebec which has always danced to their own tune.

Just prior to the remove of the long gun registry, the RCMP reclassified several firearms from nonrestricted status to restricted. Those are still registered and more stringent laws apply to that class and require an additional permit to own.
Besides the normal list of what is legal to posses in whatever classification that particular firearm would fall under, there are a substantial number of specific models by name and type listed as prohibited by "Order in Council" your Barrett 50 cal BMG would be one of them. There are shotguns, rifles and pistols in that group.

Last but not least. Owning a firearm or an air rifle( don't laugh) that has an MV over 500 fps is a Privilege not a Right up here.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2012, 02:36:16 AM »
Do you have any idea how IPSC Canada or if they are even in operation? I used to shoot in Ontario in the Ontario Practical Shooting League. I have participated in 4 Canadian Nationals in the 80s.
SharonAnne
Luke 22:36-38

Honor the American Soldier and Sailor, the source of Our Freedom

Really, it only hurts when I breath - SharonAnne

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2012, 02:53:47 AM »
Obama said in his book that he wanted to ban ALL handguns.  He said because 58% of all gun crime is committed with handguns.  Even with all the hype, only 1/2 of 1% of gun crime is with assault rifles.  It is just the mass killings are with them, but the total numbers are still very small.  Most murders are 1 or two at a time and 75% of all murders are committed in only 4 US cities.  Washington DC, Chicago, New York, and LA.  Throw in the next 5 or 10 large cities and you probably have 90-95% of all gun crime. 

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2012, 04:35:47 AM »
When confronted with the fact that the cities with the highest murder rates also have the most restrictive gun laws the mayors will tell people it's because of lax laws in neighboring states,gun show loopholes, the ability to buy guns over the internet and other excuses that are just plain lies (like internet gun purchases) or half truths.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2012, 04:52:03 AM »
  Most murders are 1 or two at a time and 75% of all murders are committed in only 4 US cities.  Washington DC, Chicago, New York, and LA.  Throw in the next 5 or 10 large cities and you probably have 90-95% of all gun crime.

are these cities mostly DEMOCRATS??
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2012, 04:57:45 AM »
will they ban planes because when one crashes alot of folks die ? will they ban busses because when one crashes alot of people die ? will all cars become two passanger vehicles ? Will all structures have to hold no more than two people because when they burn, fall etc lots of folks die ? Illegal drugs and misuse of legal drugs cause more death has the ban on them helped ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2012, 05:04:40 AM »
more people die in hospitals than any where else

but  we didn't hear about the funerals  or the loved ones left behind

obumer  didn't go to console the greiving families

but then  had obumer come to my room after heat surgery
i would have spit on  him......no matter how bad that would hurt  me..

i can't  imagine  loosing some one in my family like that
and that bass-terd   obumer showed up to promote his agenda!!
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2012, 05:10:21 AM »
I  think  the  fear  of  a  ban  is  what  will  be  next  our  single  shot   22.  .  Down  deep  gun  haters  like  Feinstein   wont  stop   till  they ban all  firearms.

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2012, 03:47:07 PM »
hoplophobes fear guns. Fear of an inanimate object is a psychosis. Fear of guns is a mental illness. Funny how Feinstein wants to disarms all of us but she has a CCW and carries a concealed pistol. Do as I say, not as I do. The credo of the liberal elitist. Their agenda has no logic. It is all emotion. Sadly I fear emotion will carry the day.

We need to rally the emotion of living in freedom. Freedom costs. Yes even the lives of children. The liberals will cry 'isn't it worth it to save one childs life?'  In reality the answer is no. But who will say that? We all want to protect children. If children must die for freedom that is the cost. Freedom costs and the cost is blood. Our blood and the blood of our children if necessary. Those who will not face this are doomed to be subjects not free. Free men own guns, slaves do not.
SharonAnne

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2012, 03:59:11 PM »
because he won 2/3 of the Electoral College the libitards claim the obamabation has a mandate. What they ignore is he won the popular vote by 0.1%. With the massive voter fraud where the obamabation won places by more votes than they had registered voters or even residents we can be sure that he actually lost the election. he has admitted he was born in Kenya. The Kenyan ambassador to the USA has admitted the obamanation was born in Kenya. the obamanation is an illegal alien with no right to sit in the Oval Office.

Only by force of arms will the obamanation be removed from office. Lock and Load Patriots.
SharonAnne

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2012, 04:46:57 AM »
Do you have any idea how IPSC Canada or if they are even in operation? I used to shoot in Ontario in the Ontario Practical Shooting League. I have participated in 4 Canadian Nationals in the 80s.

Not a clue. :(

Pistols that are normally prohibited are given an exemption to temporarily import them for a  sanctioned shooting competition, ea Olympics etc.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2012, 04:58:18 AM »

....................Only by force of arms will the obamanation be removed from office. Lock and Load Patriots.

At the time of penning the 2nd Adm. citizen were similarly armed in comparing with the Regulars other than Arty or anything naval.

This is no longer the case and chances of a civilian population regardless how determend and united the are,haven't got a snowballs changes in Hades to stand up to Govt. "Regulars" if it came to it. Even our infrastructure and dependence on public works/supplies makes us the under dog. It will take a little longer to get the best supplied "Preppers" to scream "Uncle".

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2012, 05:24:11 AM »
Noone can fight a standing government army.  It takes guerilla warfare like Vietnam, Afganistan, Syria, even Lybia.  The guerillas have to get their hands on more powerful weapons as the civil war progresses.  Ok, Obama just announced Joe Biden will lead a task force of "government agencies" to determine what type of gun control would be necessary.  Noone from the NRA or GOA on the committee?  Hmm.  And, yes, that Bushmaster didn't get up that morning and say I'm going to kill someone.  Noone quits flying on a 747 if there is a crash of one.  Another thought, Texas has announced that teachers can carry concealed to school now.  They want the weapons concealed so a perpetrator will not go in knowing who is or isn't armed.  Stipulation is it has to be on the person at all times.  Floppy shirts, inside the pants, or in a fanny pack.  This will help, and go a long way in stopping the next stupid person. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2012, 06:07:45 AM »
First I advocate using the system we have to make any changes we need make. But  many a general has learned an arny is only as good as its supplies. We need not fire a shot just every worker in America goes on strile first the economy would drop . The taxes that support the govt and army would drop causing a lack of funds to buy fropm other sources .
 But better to get back on track with educated voting .

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2012, 07:15:53 AM »

....................Only by force of arms will the obamanation be removed from office. Lock and Load Patriots.

At the time of penning the 2nd Adm. citizen were similarly armed in comparing with the Regulars other than Arty or anything naval.

This is no longer the case and chances of a civilian population regardless how determend and united the are,haven't got a snowballs changes in Hades to stand up to Govt. "Regulars" if it came to it. Even our infrastructure and dependence on public works/supplies makes us the under dog. It will take a little longer to get the best supplied "Preppers" to scream "Uncle".
so we should roll over and expose our bellies to the alpha??
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2012, 07:21:07 AM »
Nope, you could try what Shootall posted. A general strike will make any Govt take notice. Of course that means you may have to do without utilities for a while or groceries ;)

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2012, 08:45:36 AM »
They will for sure get banned.  What you have now you will get to keep for now.  First they'll say no more to be manufactured or sold new, and no personally owned ones to be sold in a private sale without lots of paperwork.  They what's left of the so called semiauto assault weapons that we can buy, will be so dressed down it will be nothin like we have now.  This will be in addition to the outrageous taxes on weapons and ammo of any kind, along with ammo purchase identification and recording requirements.  That'll hold 'em off for a while, but then it will steadily and surely get worse until we are unarmed.  There's nothin to be done.  It's way too late.  The nation had it's chance and they blew it. 
Sharonanne - "force of arms?"  Has it come to that?

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2012, 08:55:18 AM »
well we can give up or not . I choose to vote for those who protect our rights . Also they out lawed booze once and then thought better of it. One thing about our system of govt. we can change it.

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2012, 12:49:39 AM »
Mike in V, not yet, but it will. Sure, we cannot defeat our own military. I do not believe we will need to. It will be the DHS and FEMA agencies and the squads of JBTs that they have built up in secret.

The national emergency plan as devised by DHS and FEMA is deemed too classified to even share with Congress. Not even the DHS oversight committee has access.  So no one is allowed to see the emergency plans. That means what they have planned is ILLEGAL.  There is no other reason to hide what they are doing.
SharonAnne

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2012, 08:42:35 AM »
We have already exposed our bellies to the alpha. Along with everything else. We exist on his whim.

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2012, 04:36:52 PM »
some may exist on his whim. I do not. he can kill me but he can never defeat me.
SharonAnne

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2012, 04:50:31 AM »
the  ban  or rather rationing has started.....have you checked prices!!!.....and/or availability

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2012, 05:07:37 AM »
supply and demand. With the statements of the illegal alien in the Oval Office demand is way up. he has done more to put modern rifles in the hands of civilians than anyone in history. The Empire of Japan did not invade the Continental USA because they were aware that American civilians were too well armed. Compared to back then we are way ahead now. Between the plethera of ARs in minor and major power factor and the millions of so called sniper rifles (deer rifles) in the hands of civilians only a modern military could defeat us. The DHS and FEMA goons are not combat troops. Even with combat training they are so outnumbered as to make the situation almost laughable if it were not the deaths of citizens we are talking about.

Civilians cannot defeat a modern army. With machine guns, machine grenade launchers, observation drones, modern armor and air power civilians don't have a chance. However, I truly doubt that we will have to face them. The wholesale slaughter of civilians will so enraged civilians and military alike and the obamanation will face opposition the likes of which the world has never seen.
SharonAnne

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2012, 05:08:22 AM »
no personally owned ones to be sold in a private sale.
He's too late.  I gave all mine to my daughter.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2012, 06:08:33 AM »
Quote from BUGEYE:
"He's too late.  I gave all mine to my daughter."

Now ya done did it BUGEYE, I will immediately report the above to my supervisors at the ATF. ;D
GuzziJohn

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2012, 10:04:13 AM »
I donated all of mine to Brother Leroys Church of What's Happening Now and the Chilled Brown Bottle.
SharonAnne

Offline gs50401

• Avid Poster
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2012, 12:23:36 PM »
Briarpatch might be right.  That would be the time when "our" troops become "government forces."

We discussed similar scenarios in college. My theory would be ants vs. an elephant. Many casualties and not needing to win to win.

It would be very horrible. A sort of hyper vietnam.

Just to be clear, I am NOT supporting a revolt at this time. We need to use our votes and the courts to defend our constitution and our rights.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2012, 02:31:34 PM »
maybe they will realize its not the gun  but the person

''firearms  identification  cards''

with ever increasing restrictions

Offline keith44

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2012, 07:17:24 PM »
maybe they will realize its not the gun  but the person

''firearms  identification  cards''

with ever increasing restrictions

you're missing something.  They (the media and talking govt heads) are keying in on mental disorder.  Lib's already claim that 80 to 90 percent of all persons have some mental disorder.  Just look at all the drugs forced on kids, along with diagnosis of behavioral problems, the ground work is laid to disallow ownership based on a doctors 3 minute evaluation.
keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2012, 04:59:17 AM »
i had a striker 12  once.......12ga 12 shot ....wind up spring driven revolver

government just ''reclassified '' it as a destructive device

i had one year to register it  as  my full auto and suppressor is

i  didn't have to pay the $200  as long as i did it with in one year

after that.....might as well get caught with an unregistered machine gun......same thing