Author Topic: Assault weapon ban?  (Read 8082 times)

Offline ourway77

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (134)
Re: Assault weapon ban?
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2012, 06:52:00 AM »
Well I have never had the need for an assault rifle (So they call them) but I feel any law abiding citizen should have the right to own one. I have a S&Wstainless 5 shot 38 and that was all I needed for years for home protection, But went and bought a Glock Model 22 40 Cal. today and several xtra clips if push comes to shove I will have alot more fire power, also bought several 25 round Ruger 10/22 Magazines. As far as a gun ban it's coming when? They won't compensate you just confiscate them. This FUBAR Government hasn't a pot to pi@@ in or a window to throw it out. So don't expect any type of buy back. Just try and find a way to tell them you sold them, Use a friend who may have passed away and say you sold them all to him before he died. But in reality if you do find a way to keep them you won't be able to use them.
It is better to trust the Lord, than put your confidence in man
If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be one nation gone under.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2012, 06:58:41 AM »
I'm not familiar with registered machine guns in civilian ownership in the USA. Are they deactivated? If not, I would presume they would be the first item on the confiscation list.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »
BBF. so called machine guns are completely legal by federal law. When you purchase one you must pay a $200 tax stamp for transfer. Since the ban on new production the price of such firearms has skyrocketed. That is the big obstacle to purchasing a 'machine gun'.  "Machine gun" ownership is completely legal by state law in 37 states IIRC.

When the law regarding 'machine guns' was put in effect the government still understood what the Second Amendment means. Since 'machine guns' could not be outlawed they would be taxed, $200 back then was an exorbitant amount. Anyway IIRC there has only been one legally owned 'machine gun' used in a crime and that was by a Deputy Sheriff. All of the 'machine guns' used in headline crimes have been illegally  converted or illegally imported, often along with drugs or were in fact semi-auto rifles that the press call "machine guns" to stir up emotion.

Before the ban on new production an M16 could be purchased in Arizona for about $1000, the last I heard they had surpassed $20,000. Simple supply and demand. With a fixed supply the demand has risen.

I doubt they will be the first to be confiscated. With all the hoops to jump through to purchase a full auto firearm the gov't know exactly where they are and is not very worried about them. The gov't is worried about all the semi-auto magazine fed 'military-like' rifles. There are many 'AK47s' around. They are just like the AK47s you see in news footage from Africa with one very significant difference, they can fire semi-auto only.  There are many more AR-15s. This is a rifle that looks just like an M16 unless you look closely and then you see there is no way to make it fire full auto. They are SEMI-AUTO ONLY. But they LOOK like the evil M16 so they must be evil too. There are millions of them in civilian hands. Perfectly legal law abiding civilian hands. A semi quote "the beauty of the Second Amendment is that it is not needed until they (the government) try to take it away"-Thomas Jefferson. When the government tries to revoke the Second Amendment it is ready to form a dictatorship. There is NO other reason.

Where guns are restricted in the USA the crime is high. Where concealed carry permits are easy to get crime is low. Lower even than in Europe or Britain. Anti gunners do not want to admit this. They rely on emotional outcries. It was ignored by the major media that the same weekend as the school killings, a man entered a western mall with a gun and started shooting killing 2 people. He would have killed many more but a citizen with a legally carried pistol ended the shootings by killing the criminal. But the major media will not report such an event since it goes counter to their agenda of gun control.

GUN CONTROL IS GOOD, GUN CONTROL IS GOOD, GUN CONTROL IS GOOD,  they cry to the heavens, no matter how wrong they are shown to be by actions and crime statistics.

If you take two transparent overlays, one of high crime areas of the USA and one of gun restriction laws and lay them on a map they cover each other EXACTLY. Gun control advocates say this is because guns come in from outside but this is shown to be untrue. Where guns are easily carried, crime is low. Fact. Where gun carry is restricted or denied crime is high. Fact. Criminals know that they are in danger where citizens carry. They know where sheeple are disarmed they are safe to ply their nefarious acts. When an evil person sees a "GUN FREE ZONE" sign, they read this to mean TARGET RICH ENVIRONMENT,  and it is. If the teachers had been allowed to carry concealed the massacre would have been greatly mitigated.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE. It costs, very much. One of the costs is lives. However not many. The anti gunners will cry 'but is it not worth it if it saves ONE childs life?'. Few will answer honestly but the answer is NO. Criminal behavior cannot be stopped. It can be limited but not stopped entirely. Criminals do not obey laws.

Read the quote of Thomas Jefferson below.

SharonAnne
Luke 22:36-38

Honor the American Soldier and Sailor, the source of Our Freedom

Really, it only hurts when I breath - SharonAnne

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline keith44

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2012, 10:08:08 AM »

GUN CONTROL IS GOOD, GUN CONTROL IS GOOD, GUN CONTROL IS GOOD,  they cry to the heavens, no matter how wrong they are shown to be by actions and crime statistics.

Gun control is good, otherwise you cannot hit your target, and may drop your gun during the recoil impulse ;)

keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2012, 02:30:22 PM »
The real danger here is that they won't stop with AR's and AK's.  This will never end until they disarm us altogether. 

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline powderman

« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »
The real danger here is that they won't stop with AR's and AK's.  This will never end until they disarm us altogether. 

Ben

BEN. Very true Sir. Disarming the law abiding has has been a dream of the dems for many many years now, and they have plenty of support right here. Shame on em. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2012, 05:03:02 PM »
they will not stop at AKs or ARs. If they come to confiscate your AR they will take EVERY GUN YOU HAVE. Your reloading equipment, gun cases, holsters, magazines, it will ALL BE TAKEN FROM YOU.

believe it
SharonAnne

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2012, 04:23:19 AM »
With regard to owning full auto weapons , I will speak of Va. yes you can own them in Va. but some chief leo will not sign off on them . So then one must get a trust set up to avoid that issue.
  And the use of illegal guns is true but keep in mind that it was legal to own full auto's with out a transfeer stamp until 1934 . and there was one hardware store in Il. that was the seller of more tommy guns than most other outlets combined  ;) just saying they were legal and were used in crime alot back then .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2012, 10:14:42 AM »
There is graph that shows Americans do not want another AWB.  They did 18 years ago, but it changed. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline theratdog

• Contributor
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2013, 05:44:30 PM »
mikey you hit it right on the head brother ;)

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2013, 03:12:30 PM »
Lock and Load brothers and sisters, Lock and Load
SharonAnne

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2013, 03:23:25 PM »
they will not stop at AKs or ARs. If they come to confiscate your AR they will take EVERY GUN YOU HAVE. Your reloading equipment, gun cases, holsters, magazines, it will ALL BE TAKEN FROM YOU.

believe it

I'm pretty sure they will.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ourway77

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (134)
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2013, 10:23:23 AM »
That's what Obama wants we the people will have no power over Government Tierney. This piece of S#@! wants to be a dictator He has already looked into how he can become a 3rd term president (Dictator) God Help Us
It is better to trust the Lord, than put your confidence in man
If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be one nation gone under.

Offline chefjeff

• Contributor
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2013, 03:45:08 PM »
Civil War II.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2013, 05:28:22 PM »
Well you got the VP's blessing&approval to buy a shotgun as long as it holds no more than two shells.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2013, 07:50:51 PM »
'Bye the bye' Biden says to get a shotgun. If you get a shotgun; pretty soon they will come for your shotgun, too. The government won't be happy until they have all the guns and the citizens have none!
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline theratdog

• Contributor
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2013, 11:27:02 PM »
+ one on that MIKEY you said it no bull sh..t ;)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2013, 05:58:20 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7icttUa9GU&feature=youtu.be

joe does not even know the law
but he  admits  a fire arm  is NEEDED FOR SELF DEFENCE

back to the topic
''Re: Assault weapon ban?''
well  we now have new york to look at......and more to come
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2013, 12:19:01 PM »
I once read that one reason they taxed machine guns was because the gangsters of the day used them and if nothing else could be arrested for not having them legally. A lot of people do not know that the same type of ATF stamp that also costs around $200.00 makes owning a silencer legal.

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2013, 01:04:27 PM »
I just watched a video from Front Sight. It was an interview by Hannity of John Lott. When obama was at the University of Chicago the same time as John Lott he told Lott that he believed Americans did not have a right to own firearms. Everything he is doing is toward that goal. Everything he says today are lies. It is all towards disarmament of the American People. He IS the liar-in-chief.

Keep all of your guns no matter what happens. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights supercedes anything coming from the liar-in-chiefs office.
SharonAnne