Author Topic: suggestions on bore size  (Read 544 times)

Offline buzz36

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
suggestions on bore size
« on: November 07, 2012, 05:57:42 PM »
Guy going to biuld one more
wanting to know what you suggest
i have to options
barrel one is 3" bore
barrel two is 2.25" bore
For either barrel i need make my ammo
just want to know witch you choose and why

Offline GGaskill

Re: suggestions on bore size
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 11:43:33 PM »
If you can size your shot to give proper windage and can handle the heavier gun, I would go for 3".  As they say, "size matters."   :D  Obviously it will cost more to make and more to operate. but you know your financial situation better than I do.

With either size, I would expect it would be easier to find shot on the quarter or whole inch than shot sufficiently smaller to give good windage without excess windage if the bore were on the quarter or whole inch, so I would overbore the barrel to give windage in that case because it wouldn't require special sizes of shot.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 07:05:12 AM »
Well if we have to do small bore I would go with the 3"....... as to why it's still bigger than the 2.25"
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline buzz36

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 11:20:22 AM »
Well i probly be going withe 2.25 bore as the  seller just told me the 3"  bore is 230lbs
more then i can move by myself every time i have to go and shoot