Author Topic: I have an Idea  (Read 1270 times)

Offline mak43

• Trade Count: (4)
I have an Idea
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:30:11 AM »
Another election will be on us in 2014. Congress and Senators. Here is my idea. If the current elected officials do not come together, at least start to solve our problems such as Fiscal cliff, national debt, health care, employment, federal spending and election reform..... It will be real plain that they are not doing the job. Approval ratings as of election day were about  19%. If we only had a 19% success or approval rating at our jobs, what would happen ?  I think "fired" would be the word. I would like to start a movement, maybe a petition to let the elected officials know that if the issues do not get solved, they stand zero chance of getting reelected. Let's vote out every incumbent, each and every one, no exceptions if nothing gets done. Even if they have been in office for 20 years, and have an 80% approval rating, if issues are not solved, they are not doing what we elected them to do.This is not "red" issue or a "blue" issue... this involves all of us. What would it take to get support for this ?
”Assault is a type of behavior, not a type of hardware.”
~Alan Korwin

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Eisenhower Conservative
Re: I have an Idea
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 01:53:15 AM »
Absolutely right! What the voters have to understand is that there will have to be compromise on both sides. Ideology is a set of guidelines, not absolutes. People who refuse to compromise have no business in politics.
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 05:05:15 PM »
I beg to differ. There are certain Absolutes that should never be subject to compromise.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 06:43:25 PM »
And that's why Obama was re-elected. Mitt Romney did not lose the Presidential election--- the Republican Party did. The right has a political platform that scares people off. Trying to dictate women's health rights hurts them. Pouring even more money into an over bloated military while the infrastructure crumbles right here hurts them. Being in denial that 30 million uninsured is a health care problem hurts them. Cutting public education funding hurts them. Refusing to admit that GW caused the present economic problems hurts them, especially when Mitt wants to cut taxes by another 25%--- GW only cut them 3% and caused the recession. ALL the right's arguments are ideological, without real numbers to back them up, and their most recent performance shows the opposite of what they claim. MOST thinking people want to see proof in numbers, and the numbers do not back up the conservatives.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 07:37:47 PM »
The op has a great idea, but it won't work.  the reason being, the tax-and-spend liberals, welfare queens and illegals get out and vote.  why even "dead" people show up at the polls to vote for democrats.
and that's even "if" there ever is another election.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 07:56:08 PM »
The exact OPPOSITE is true.  Republicans are NOT dictating women's rights.  The LEFT is dictating that Christian orginizations MUST provide insurance that gives Abortion and Birth Control.  This is tyranny.  We are supposed to have freedom of religion.  Making religious people do things against their doctrine is tyranny, plain and simple.  They can get health care elsewhere OR not work for a Catholic or Protestant organization that does NOT want to provide something that KILLS innocent unborn humans.  Just Plain EVIL. Period.  No compromising here.  Government needs to get out of people's religious beliefs unless they go against life liberty or the persuit of happiness. 

The infrastructure is crumbling because the LEFT is spending half the highway tax money on entitlements instead of roads and bridges.  They take in $400 billion in highway taxes, but spend only $200 billion and use the rest on welfare queens and such.

I went to school without air condition and we had 30+ students per teacher.  We had one thing that is lacking in today's LEFT leaning education, dicipline. 

GW did not cause a recession by cutting taxes, allowing banks to give home mortgages to people who couldn't afford them caused the recession.  This is BOTH left and rights fault.  Bill was passed in 1998 and signed by BILL CLINTON.  DEMS took over both houses of congress in 2006, problems didn't start until then. 

Tax cut was given by Kennedy and created growth, same with Reagan, same with GW, because we had a little recession in 2000-2001 due to the dot.com bubble.  Housing bubble was much bigger. 

Yes Bush had two wars going, and yes it was approved by congress by both dems and republicans.  Can't keep blaming Bush.  Economy still sucks now because Obama did nothing about the economy, but forced us into Obamacare while 63% of Americans was against what we got.  Now health care costs are worse than ever and going through the roof.  NO NEW DOCTORS were added, just more people thus higher costs. 

Facts do back up conservatives.  History backs up conservatives.  We were more prosperous with less government interferance, less regulation, and used the gold standard and without the Federal Reserve.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 08:13:25 PM »
Nobody is trying to MAKE the churches do anything. As employers, they have to offer the same coverage as any other employer. Sounds like the religious employers don't trust their own adherents to not use those benefits, to me. I'm not aware of highway taxes being diverted into welfare programs. Today, the courts have decided that it is the parents' responsibility to teach discipline, not teachers--- teachers get sued and lose their licenses if they try to discipline a kid. History says GW caused the recession. Obamacare has not gone into effect yet, so any increase in health care costs you see now are purely your insurance companies trying to make as much as they can before the new law goes into effect. Since the taxes on the rich have never gone up, there is no correlation between taxes on the rich and job growth at all. They haven't created any jobs to speak of in twelve years or so of tax cuts, so that is a false relationship. None of you were alive in this golden era you speak of so highly.

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 10:03:40 PM »
Dixie Dude, please disregard chungs post. it' nonsense.
yours however, hit the nail on the head.  now answer this for me.  why are there liberals?
why is there a group of people who want to take from a worker and give to a bum?
hard work and living within my means allowed me to retire and live comfortably.
everyone has the same opportunity that I had.  of course I had a short hair-cut, wore my belt around my waist and not my knees and didn't slur my words when I spoke.

unless liberals are eliminated, this country is gone to the hogs.

is it something in the water in big cities??

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 02:08:17 AM »
God forbid facts get in the way of beliefs.  :o

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 12:51:44 PM »
Fact: The economic mess we are in has been caused by the guy who was president.....For the last four years!
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 01:30:57 PM »
it's really, really simple....
there is the right, and there is the left...somewhere in between lies the truth.
as an example: if you wish to have abortion (or what ever i, or you, disagree with) you have a right to believe in it...but i do not wish to have it funded by taxpayer dollars as it's against my, or your, beliefs. if sandra fluke wishes to have an active sexual life, why should taxpayers fund her birth control, let her pay for it. if i wished to spread the word of God, would you approve of taxpayer dollars to fund it?
the government has stepped into the the MORALS issue...that's NOT being "Secular"...
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 02:28:38 PM »
THIS economic crisis was brought to you by GW and the 'Way Rights. Part of the conservatives' credibility problem is failure to own up to this fact. How can the right expect anyone to believe anything else they say if they won't acknowledge even this blatant failure?

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 03:45:01 PM »
Bush had nothing to do with the last 4 years.  Bush did not run congress the last two years of his administration.  This is partly due to dems messing with the banking rules AFTER 2006.  This is not all Bush's fault, except maybe he should have vetoed some stuff the dems did. 

Offline gstewart44

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 03:50:08 PM »
THIS economic crisis was brought to you by GW and the 'Way Rights. Part of the conservatives' credibility problem is failure to own up to this fact. How can the right expect anyone to believe anything else they say if they won't acknowledge even this blatant failure?
Hmmmm   -   Kwai Chang Cain....... still blaming Bush.     The Big O  has been the President since 2008,  had a Democratic House and Senate from 08 to 10,  and had the ability to get anything passed that he wanted  and you still want to blame the President from 4 years ago?????      Your poor excuses sound like the current generation of "it's not my fault" youth that are growing up in this country now.     Maybe some day you will understand what is really going on in this country.   
I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less. (Gus McCrae)

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 01:17:00 AM »
NOW who's playing the blame game?

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 05:46:06 AM »
Ignoring the problem is part of what lost the election for the right.

Offline magooch

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 06:35:37 AM »
THIS economic crisis was brought to you by BHO and the 'Way Lefts. Part of the Liberal's credibility problem is failure to own up to this fact. How can the left expect anyone to believe anything else they say if they won't acknowledge even this blatant failure?
Swingem

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 07:18:09 AM »
THIS economic crisis was brought to you by BHO and the 'Way Lefts. Part of the Liberal's credibility problem is failure to own up to this fact. How can the left expect anyone to believe anything else they say if they won't acknowledge even this blatant failure?

Making people believe them doesn't seem to be needed or a necessity for them. Democrats will always vote for themselves and the minorities have that fixation that the Repubs are the Devils incarnate.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline mak43

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 12:58:29 AM »
All of this bickering and blame game is good, but back to the issue..... Are you willing to take a stand and vote each and every incumbent out of office if they dont get the issues fixed ????  No, everyone would rather gripe and cry and argue. Sound familiar ? Same as Congress and the Senate..... and we blame them. Face it, if WE dont stand up and make some noise, they sure as heck wont change.
”Assault is a type of behavior, not a type of hardware.”
~Alan Korwin

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 01:35:56 AM »
It's probably too late.  Once we hit $20 trillion in debt, we will only take in enough tax money to pay the interest on the debt.  At that point we are technically bankrupt.  Here are the facts:

We spend $1 trillion more each year than revenue from taxes.

Obama's plan by raising taxes on the rich and gutting the military by about half only cuts about $250 billion, still deficit spending.

The republicans want to close loopholes but lower tax rates, only cuts about $100 billion.

The republicans want at least a 10% across the board cut on all programs.  About another $200 billion.

Raising social security retirement to 70 for those under 40-50 will save another $200-250 billion.

Both needs to be done, but Obama don't want to do the republicans plan, and republicans don't want to raise taxes.

Even if both above are done, it still isn't enough.  We have to cut foreign aid, cut money to the arts, NPR, and numerous other programs not necessary. 

Getting rid of Obamacare will cut about $250-500 billion a year.  It is going to get worse.   It cost employers $1.85/hr to insure their employees.  Part time are not covered, and they can pay a penalty of $1.10 to not insure them.  You are going to see a massive change to part time help, and maybe not covering their employees and just pay the penalty.  There will be more without insurance than before this stupid concoction was worked up.  There were other ways, but republicans were ignored.

Offline sholly

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 02:06:02 AM »
For your idea to work the Dem's would have to vote their reps out , this did not work in our county.
the state reps voted for a midnight pay raise , The voters were outraged were going to vote them all out ,
all but one of the Republicans were voted out , NO Dem's were voted out.
I do not think it would work ?                     

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 03:24:22 AM »
My state is red, and all republicans won.  Last statewide elected dem was voted out.  Last election the GOP won both houses of the state legislature.  First time since reconstrution.  Most here are tea party types.  Not perfect on every vote, but I like them 90% of the time.  Our state has a balanced budget ammendment.  State cannot operate in a deficit.  Also 90% of our state budget goes to education, the rest is for highways and such.  So, with cuts, usually there are hiring freezes, and colleges are cut before grade schools, thus higher tuition rates to cover.  Also, you have to have winning football teams to bring in money to the universities.  Otherwise the coaches are fired.  Don't know about the University of Alabama, but Auburn University gets about half their money from the football program.  They will probably fire their coach this year. 

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 04:12:31 AM »
We sent our representatives to Congress to stand up for conservative principals. Not compromise them away. They are doing a fine job, most everybody I know thinks that they are the only thing standing between us and the country becoming socialist overnight.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 04:42:18 AM »
Party line politics............Ask a republican who put the country in the shape it's in, and the answer will be (Democrats). Ask a Democrat and the opposite will be the answer.

Both are correct!Both parties are the reason for the decline and decay of the USA, and until the voters get the picture nothing will change for the better.We prove this election after election.Look at the percentage of voters who dare think for themselves!Pretty dismal figure :'( When they do, the others blame them for their party's failure to win an election.

Petitions are useless against these criminals.We had a movement and just a handful joined!
The only movement that will work today for relief is a bowel movement ;)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline magooch

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 05:18:44 AM »
Okay, here is an alternative solution.  Dissolve the United States of America.  We become 50 (or is it 57) separate allied countries.  The debt disappears along with the United States.  Each of the 50 (or is it 57) new separate countries is left to their own devices to figure out their budgets etc.  This little blue country I live in of course would have to suffer a revolution to rid ourselves of the illegal foreign invaders and the other problematic (libs) inhabitants.
There would be complications for sure, but anyone who thinks we aren't headed toward complete catastrophy with the course we're on is just not paying attention.
Swingem

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 05:48:38 AM »
All of this bickering and blame game is good, but back to the issue..... Are you willing to take a stand and vote each and every incumbent out of office if they dont get the issues fixed ??? ?  No, everyone would rather gripe and cry and argue. Sound familiar ? Same as Congress and the Senate..... and we blame them. Face it, if WE dont stand up and make some noise, they sure as heck wont change.
That depends on who and what the other candidates are.

Waiting to vote is too late, get in the game and help decided who the candidate is.

Between conservatives and liberal, compromise equals conservatives give and liberals take.
Only a fool sees that as proper.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 06:00:11 AM »

Please explain how GW caused it . All spending comes from the house , The banking /loan came from as far back as Clinton mostly from democrats . The president does not have the power you seem to think he has. Congress gave up control of the money years ago. Go take 12 grade govt. class if you are interested in learning who really has the power to steer the economy.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 06:02:12 AM »
At best the president is our next to last chance to avoid a bad law. Even Obama care came from congress Obama signed what was sent to him.

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 06:34:14 AM »

Please explain how GW caused it . All spending comes from the house , The banking /loan came from as far back as Clinton mostly from democrats . The president does not have the power you seem to think he has. Congress gave up control of the money years ago. Go take 12 grade govt. class if you are interested in learning who really has the power to steer the economy.

He took us to Iraq.  "Nation building", or more like really "Nation destroying", costs a lot of money.  That Bush idiot did that.  It was under his watch when America became the loser of all nations. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 06:40:57 AM »

He took us to Iraq.  "Nation building", or more like really "Nation destroying", costs a lot of money.  That Bush idiot did that.  It was under his watch when America became the loser of all nations.

lets try to remember he ( President Bush) went to congress with imformation from the spy/imformation gathering service Clinton and the democrats had gutted and got full support from both houses to go to war. Keep in mind much of the world supported the war also. At least the free world. The house had to approve funding and did so until well even now . Sorry buddy your dog don't hunt ! ::)