Author Topic: Petraeus resigns after affair.  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Bob Riebe

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Petraeus resigns after affair.
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 06:00:19 AM »
So you believe it is ok to judge ? All that you wrote is true but not an ansewer to the question . He has admited his sin and maybe he has ask God to forgive ( we don't know what goes on between him and God) him. So do you and I have a right to judge him on the sin or fire him for the misconduct of his office/job . Only God has the right to punish a man for sin. God also can forgive a man for his sins.
He draws his paycheck from the public's coffers, the public has every right to judge him as an employee of theirs in all  manners.

To say only God has  authority to make such decisions is silly at best.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 06:08:41 AM »
I agree we as a nation should judge his job preformance which looks lacking.( note- and I agree he should go for the poor judgement).  I find it odd that you would consider it silly for God to judge his sins .
I do believe you miss my point , had he not have spilled secreats and did as well at his new job as he had done with his other public service and in fact is the best at what he does should we boot him out for an affair if it was ever found out ? If he had ask forgivness and got stright ? I guess you insist on a pound of flesh where I don't always.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 06:17:50 AM »
Telaversion news said the FBI was looking at 20,000 emails sent between the good general and his girl friend.
Do these people work?  They got entirely too much free time on their hands it seems...
..TM7

and that is enough to get anyone fired  ;) in the business world.

Offline joeinwv

• Avid Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »
I believe the 20k emails was between Gen Allen and Ms. Kelly, not Gen P & his side piece.
<funny>

Offline Squib

• G- S- T- and I ain't got time to bleed!
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 05:45:59 PM »
I do agree with the above post that it's good to know that it wasn't a male paige this time, good to throw some heterosexual encounters in for variety sake!

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 06:28:09 PM »
I agree we as a nation should judge his job preformance which looks lacking.( note- and I agree he should go for the poor judgement).  I find it odd that you would consider it silly for God to judge his sins .
I do believe you miss my point , had he not have spilled secreats and did as well at his new job as he had done with his other public service and in fact is the best at what he does should we boot him out for an affair if it was ever found out ? If he had ask forgivness and got stright ? I guess you insist on a pound of flesh where I don't always.
He wanted to keep this job, so he thinks/thought he is above that, which as a commander, he told others not to do.
That is called hypocrisy.

If he never got caught, God only knows. Of course that goes for any sin, including murder.

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 03:46:01 AM »
"She is an extremely good-looking woman. She is a marathon runner. She runs Iron Man triathlons. So she's out running with him and she's writing a biography. I think the term is 'propinquity.' There was a lot of propinquity going on. I mean, who knows. The man's off in a foreign land, and he's lonely. And here's a good-looking lady throwing herself at him. I mean, he's a man."—Pat Robertson on the Petraeus-Broadwell affair

Propinquity, isn't that what Clinton had?

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2012, 04:46:46 AM »
He wanted to keep this job, so he thinks/thought he is above that, which as a commander, he told others not to do.

If he never got caught, God only knows. Of course that goes for any sin, including murder.

so he told others to do right , your point ? he sinned , failed he is human ! and you feel it is ok to judge him on his sin ? Can we assume you have never sinned ? casting the first stone and all...............

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2012, 07:35:21 AM »

so he told others to do right , your point ? he sinned , failed he is human ! and you feel it is ok to judge him on his sin ? Can we assume you have never sinned ? casting the first stone and all...............
YES-- make an example of him.
Soldiers-- are one of the EXTREMELY few groups that can rightfully earn the right to be called a hero.
Anyone who (censored word) on that special ranking deserves to be crap on.

Anything I have done is of zero importance.

By your rhetoric there are tens of thousands of people in prisons that should be released NOW-BRILLIANT!

At the same time your hypocrisy is the standard mode of operation of the DNC, and they won the election; at the same time I bet many who are charged in court wish they could just say - "I'm rubber your glue, every thing you say bounces off of me and sticks to you."

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2012, 08:44:35 AM »

YES-- make an example of him.
Soldiers-- are one of the EXTREMELY few groups that can rightfully earn the right to be called a hero.
Anyone who (censored word) on that special ranking deserves to be crap on.A group does not make a hero. The fact that the military awards a metal for being a hero does not negate the fact that ANYONE can be a hero. Heros happen due to circunstances that people rise to over come.

Anything I have done is of zero importance.

By your rhetoric opinion really , there are tens of thousands of people in prisons that should be released you must not have a good handle on english if you some how read that into my post. You must have read over with out understanding where I noted WE should judge him for laws he broke and let God judge him for sin. NOW-BRILLIANT!this is spin you are putting on not what I said.

At the same time your hypocrisy this is a personal attack ?please explain my hypocrisy as I advocate what the Bible tells us to do .  is the standard mode of operation of the DNC, and they won the election I fail to see how democratic stragety applies to judging one for their sin which is what you advocate and is the definition of HYPOCRISY if you have sinned which we all have ; at the same time I bet many who are charged in court wish they could just say - "I'm rubber your glue, every thing you say bounces off of me and sticks to you."Sorry but I don't see how this childhood rhyme has anything to do with seperating sin and crime as to when man should judge and when God should.
Since you have sunk to using personal attacks and using childhood sayings it seems you can't defend you stand with logic and this conversation is going no where , I suggest we discontinue it before someone who has not learned that God should judge men for their sins thinks it is OK for man to start judging other men.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2012, 12:20:30 PM »

Can we assume you have never sinned ? casting the first stone and all...............

----------------------

this is a personal attack

Hmm, and the highlighted was not?

As I said you are throwing out the old --I'm rubber ....

Offline Anna

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2012, 02:45:39 PM »
Bailiff , whack his pee pee !

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2012, 12:30:36 PM »
Bailiff , whack his pee pee !

Would that count as a sexist remark??
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2012, 01:37:52 AM »

Can we assume you have never sinned ? casting the first stone and all...............

----------------------

this is a personal attack

Hmm, and the highlighted was not?no it was a question that arose from the statements of judging others just trying to understand such a train of thought with regard to Gods instruction as to how christians should live.

As I said you are throwing out the old --I'm rubber ....yes of course you are .