Author Topic: metal trigger guard and spacer  (Read 1231 times)

Offline fortress49

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
metal trigger guard and spacer
« on: February 11, 2004, 05:22:57 AM »
I have heard that a metal trigger gaurd and spacer is available for the Handi.  Does anyone know the part numbers?  Cost?  How do you let NEF know you want these items added to your firearm when sent in for additional barrels?

Thanks

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 05:26:39 AM »
I remember seeing a post at the old H&R site and someone said close to 100.00 dollars for both. You will have to call H&R for part #'s unless the guy who purchased them is here. I would like to have them for all my guns, but that would almost 700.00. :(

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 05:28:07 AM »
I thought mac11700 put a set on his survivor when he put the lamintated stocks on it.

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 05:32:12 AM »
I got this from Jan 28th on the old nef forum:

catchone
Member # 3408

Member Rated:
   posted January 28, 2004 12:22 PM                    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just received both of those same parts yesterday. I had orderded them to go on my 7-08. I was a little shocked to find the cost was $30.90 for the forend spacer and $41.15 for the steel trigger guard. Shipping was $5.00. I thought on the high end they may have been about $15 for each. I was just judging against what a complete barrel costs with labor to install it. Oh well, at least they'll look good on the rifle. Installation for both of these should be easy even with limited skills. Good luck, KL

--------------------
Thunder's but the noise
'tis lightning does the damage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 32 | From: Colonel's Island, GA,USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged  

hpdrifter
Member # 372

Member Rated:
   posted January 28, 2004 12:48 PM                    
I had them installed (last year at this time) when I got a new barrel.

Then it was $69.95; evidently they've gone up some.

I'd call customer service(listed on Barrel Acc. page) and see whaz up?

--------------------
Rick

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline fortress49

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 05:40:03 AM »
Thanks everyone!  I am thinking of having them installed on mine when I send it in for additional barrels.

Matt

Offline perklo

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
Metal triggerguard and spacer
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 06:55:25 AM »
I can help with the steel triggerguard:

The part is non-returnable, non-refundable, so if you put it in yourself be careful. If your interested the part number is : RO2513 - steel trigger guard - $39.95 + $5.00 s/h (That was the price two years ago, it has gone up a tad!).

When you call for ordering, H&R 1871 will tell you on the front end that it may require fitting, they prefer selling only to gunsmiths and so on... (they will sell it though). I bought one and put it in no problem on my 30.06 synthetic. It really did need fitting - the barrel catch barely rubbed on the thing. A few strokes of a file did it though, then a little cold blue.

The also have a steel forearm spacer, but I didn't order one so you would have to ask for part number and price.

- perklo

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Spacer and trigger gaurd
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 07:41:43 AM »
I got them as a kit last year and they ran $69.95 plus shipping. I talked with jennifer in C.S. and they had them straight out  to me in a few days.For those that don't like plastic on their Handi's they are very nice.

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...