Author Topic: states with voters wanting to secede  (Read 3281 times)

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
states with voters wanting to secede
« on: November 12, 2012, 05:17:28 AM »
i don't ever recall seeing this many petetions for seceding under any presidents i can recall.
i would not be surprised to see texas and arizona secede.

http://www.newser.com/story/157430/unhappy-voters-in-20-states-lets-secede-from-union.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=united&utm_campaign=rss_3_2
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline FPH

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: states with voters wanting to secede
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 05:21:06 AM »
Never be allowed to happen.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 05:23:31 AM »
If I come across a Ga. petition, me and my better half will sign.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:20:37 AM »
It's the only way to fix the problem. Sadly, we know what happened last time this was done.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 11:25:33 AM »
Why not? There is no slave excuse to justify the death of 5 million Americans. Constitutionally We the People have the right to chose our government. Factually there is good reason to seccede, govt. created debt for one.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline powderman

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 11:43:07 AM »
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

I counted 22 states. Alabama, AZ, OKla,Ark, S carolina, GA, Mo, Tnn, Mich, NY, Colo, Oregon, NJ, N Dak, Montana, Ind, Ky, Miss, Fla, N carolina, Texas, louisiana. Maybe this will get the illegal kenyans attention. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »
Why not? There is no slave excuse to justify the death of 5 million Americans. Constitutionally We the People have the right to chose our government. Factually there is good reason to seccede, govt. created debt for one.
We the People of the United States of America chose our government on Nov 6. Just because it didn't go the way you wanted is no reason to secede.  And I suppose none of the national debt has anything to do with Texas?
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 11:49:58 AM »

I counted 22 states. Alabama, AZ, OKla,Ark, S carolina, GA, Mo, Tnn, Mich, NY, Colo, Oregon, NJ, N Dak, Montana, Ind, Ky, Miss, Fla, N carolina, Texas, louisiana. Maybe this will get the illegal kenyans attention. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Citizens in these states have signed petitions.. the states themselves haven't done anything yet.
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 12:15:48 PM »
I've not seen an Alabama petition but would sign it if I did.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 12:19:44 PM »
 I ran across this earlier. If you hit your ctrl key and left click it on the date will bring up the entire source.  I didn't write this .. just passing it along

Mort Morgan says:
November 12, 2012 at 8:09 am
As a Veteran I find this action reprehensible and actually dumb as hell…If you Secede the State will get no Federal aid of any kind…the state will have to pay the social security of it’s residents…they will have to pay for all infrastructure without the help of the Feds…When disaster hit which is just about everyday now they will have to pay for the clean up and destruction again without any Federal aid…same also with welfare and workman’s comp…They will receive no funds for Education or for research…no medical grants either…the only security the state will have is it’s own citizens for the National Guard receives Federal funds…The State will have to do away with the Postal System and develop there own…guess they’ll need there own stamps to along with their own money. Will need to print Confederate money again…and the greenbacks they have won’t be worth anything…The State will have to maintain it’s own Hospitals…fire department and Police forces without Federal funds…and what about the tens of thousands of people in a State that don’t want to Secede???another Civil war??? With the weapons out there today it will be a blood bath…a thousand times worse then the 1st Civil War…does any of this make any sense??? talk about taxes…how high will they have to go up to pay for all of the above and more…electric grids…water plants and Damns…food inspectors…regulators…prisons and jails…the interstates and highways are Federal also……so many things the state will have to pay for which means the citizen will pay for it…all I can saw is you are all dumb as hell…
All of this because a Black man won re-election…just hold out for 4 more years and he’ll be gone…better then a Civil war…only about 7-9% of the people make up our Armed Forces…15 States secede now how many are left…not enough to fight wars so where does that leave us…speaking Chinese…United we Stand…Divided we will truly Fall…

sold it for $125

Offline rickt300

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 02:14:20 PM »
I ran across this earlier. If you hit your ctrl key and left click it on the date will bring up the entire source.  I didn't write this .. just passing it along

Mort Morgan says:
As a Veteran I find this action reprehensible and actually dumb as hell…If you Secede the State will get no Federal aid of any kind…the state will have to pay the social security of it’s residents…they will have to pay for all infrastructure without the help of the Feds…When disaster hit which is just about everyday now they will have to pay for the clean up and destruction again without any Federal aid…same also with welfare and workman’s comp…They will receive no funds for Education or for research…no medical grants either…the only security the state will have is it’s own citizens for the National Guard receives Federal funds…The State will have to do away with the Postal System and develop there own…guess they’ll need there own stamps to along with their own money. Will need to print Confederate money again…and the greenbacks they have won’t be worth anything…The State will have to maintain it’s own Hospitals…fire department and Police forces without Federal funds…and what about the tens of thousands of people in a State that don’t want to Secede???another Civil war??? With the weapons out there today it will be a blood bath…a thousand times worse then the 1st Civil War…does any of this make any sense??? talk about taxes…how high will they have to go up to pay for all of the above and more…electric grids…water plants and Damns…food inspectors…regulators…prisons and jails…the interstates and highways are Federal also……so many things the state will have to pay for which means the citizen will pay for it…all I can saw is you are all dumb as hell…
All of this because a Black man won re-election…just hold out for 4 more years and he’ll be gone…better then a Civil war…only about 7-9% of the people make up our Armed Forces…15 States secede now how many are left…not enough to fight wars so where does that leave us…speaking Chinese…United we Stand…Divided we will truly Fall…
There is no need for a civil war, we will just sic our lawyers on Obama. All the utilities and roads you speak of are already paid for by the citizen, what is so hard for the left to understand about this? This is not because a Black man won the election (racist!) it is because Barack Obama won the election.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 02:24:31 PM »

Mort Morgan says:

On the other hand they won't have to pitch in to help pay for all of this stuff for the other 56... I mean 49 states either.    ;)
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 02:27:54 PM »
STUPID,  idea.   

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 02:55:57 PM »
The red states want to secede? The red states get the most federal money! Ha! Ha! Not very well thought out, but that seems par for the conservatives...  ;D ;D ;D
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 04:19:25 PM »
The federal government cannot pay a state anything without first taking it away from it's citizens. I think some people think there is a money tree in Washington.

All handouts really are attempts to buy support and must first be forcibly taken from others. (Excused immorality I suppose.)

---------------------------
All the petitions are here:

--------------------
It seems to me that they are petitioned to the wrong entity. Shouldn't such petitions be to the state legislatures?

--------------------
I have said before that the first state to secede and go to a gold backed currency would not only avoid the great reset that is coming to the US, it would become the wealthiest state and others would follow. Without government stifling restrictions, it would not have unemployment. In early America, there was no such thing; one had to go to Europe to find paupers.
--------------------

A shot must not be fired. All federal tyranny should be publicized and made known to the world.

The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Anna

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 01:21:58 AM »
The red states want to secede? The red states get the most federal money! Ha! Ha! Not very well thought out, but that seems par for the conservatives...  ;D ;D ;D

Wong, the red states are not the slums that the blue states have become. Even those blue states that
produce are borderline red. Your info is based on election cheat charts and not in any real reality.
Your blue sets are heavily dependent on a governent that is broke, deep in debt, filled with takers and few producers, with a leader that had to cheat to get reelected.
Wanna bet if the red states did Balkanize there would be an exodus from the blue stes to the red
ones?  There already is, people from your blue states are coming here in droves to get the jobs the blue states no longer offer.

So, we will accept your unconditional surrender at any time !  ::)

Offline powderman

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 02:36:12 AM »
ANNA. Good post. If ya want to understand the liberal mind then pick up a big mirror and use it everywhere ya go and you'll see the world just the same way they do, BACKWARDS. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 02:55:03 AM »
Remember when Bush won his second term and the Dems said they would move to Canada? 

No state will sucece.  Well before that time there will be a break down of order.  Civil unrest, but not civil war.  Riots, attacks on federal properties, murders of gays and Hispanics, abortion clinic fires, etc.  Not that's not going on now, but it will be the real thing, nationwide, and the beginning of the end for the government once called the United States of America. 

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 03:16:02 AM »
All of this because a Black man won re-election…
No, it's because a socialist idiot won re-election.
and for the nay-sayers, each state foots the bill for most of their services anyway.
for instance, the states send billions of education dollars to DC and get about half of it back in grants etc.    why not just keep those billions and get the benefit of it all.
education dollars are just a drop in the bucket too..
the billions of federal income tax dollars would also stay home where it would do the most good.
if the red states became a new country, the only losers would be the blue states...
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 03:42:52 AM »

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline ChungDoQuan

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 03:56:53 AM »
I guess you can't fix stupid...  :o ;D

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 04:04:55 AM »
In the new "free" country, their would probably be no income tax.
probably be national sales tax, and in a country with JOBS, people would spend more, therefore, more income for the new government.  and no sales tax on necessities would keep a burden off of the poor.

also, the blue states would come, hat in hand, to negotiate for gasoline, heating oil and natural gas.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline magooch

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 04:32:37 AM »
Rather than secede, wouldn't it be easier and less painful to just get rid of the problem in the White House?
Swingem

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 04:37:08 AM »
ChungDoQuan.  Don't know where you live, but in my RED state, there is fraud and abuse of the Federal system EVERY day.  One town I work in has 85% of the utility bills going to single women.  These women get welfare, section 8 housing, food stamps, free lunchs for kids, etc, etc.  They live with a single man, and they drive expensive cars.  This is for real.  I've had 3 kids work at grocery stores and well dressed people pay for groceries with food stamps, and put their groceries in the trunk of a Lincoln, Lexus, etc.  They are ripping off the system.  I know one guy kin to me who was laid off, he was getting unemployment.  He only looked for one job a week, and a job that he wasn't qualified to do, so he could report that he was looking for a job.  He got unemployment for 90+ weeks, and when it started to run out, he got a job. 

This stuff needs to be turned over to the states, not the feds.  They are being ripped off.  Also, if you look at the red states, a lot of the so called federal money is going to military bases.  Most large military bases are in the south.  So your chart isn't exactly right. 

Our taxes are also a lot lower.  Almost all new industry locates in these states, like car manufacturing and associated industry.  Because living costs are lower, pay is lower to match.  Homes are more expensive up north.  My stepson has a 1400 sq foot house in a small town in Illinois.  His property tax is around $1500 a year.  My house in Alabama is 2800 sq ft with a swimming pool.  My property tax is  $1400 a year, and I live in one of the most expensive counties in Alabama.  So my utilities are lower, my mortgage is lower, my property taxes are lower, my income tax is lower, than in most northern states. 

Transfer money going into a black hole and no reality of payoff is stupid.  Dropout rates on poor are higher than years ago.  Functional literacy is less than in 1892 when 8th grade was as high as most people went. 4-5 Trillion in welfare hasn't ended poverty.  We need to try something else.  Enough is enough. 

I will sign a petition if I see it.  We need to send a message loud and clear. 

Close the border of illegals.
Bring industry back home.
Develop our own natural resources.
Lower all taxes.
Keep the military strong, but stay out of stupid wars. 
Balance the trade with foreign countries $ for $. 
Keep federal budget within tax revenue.

The democrat party under Chicago style politics has commited a lot of voter fraud, especially in swing states.  More people voting than registered.  98-99% of people voting for Obama.  The list goes on and on.  Not counting military ballots from overseas.  Dead people voting. 

America is doomed under this senario.  No matter what they do now, we are going over the clift.  Beware of major cuts to the military, thus creating an unstable world.  Beware of high inflation so the government can pay back debt with inflated dollars.  Inflation has already kicked in, check you grocery bills for the last few years.  Also your gasoline prices.  Value of homes has dropped.  Stock market doesn't know what to do.  Up and down, up and down.  GOVERNMENT CANNOT SOLVE EVERYTHING, ESPECIALLY INVOLVING HUMAN NATURE.  Yes we went to the moon, but that is machines and technology.  Parasites on the government is destroying us. 

Offline rickt300

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 04:39:20 AM »
There it is again, federal money comes from us (get it?). The red states send the most money to Washington. The left has no cognitive though process.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 04:40:12 AM »
Rather than secede, wouldn't it be easier and less painful to just get rid of the problem in the White House?
No, we need a dog and pony show for a bad example.

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 04:42:58 AM »
Close the border of illegals.
Bring industry back home.
Develop our own natural resources.
Lower all taxes.
Keep the military strong, but stay out of stupid wars. 
Balance the trade with foreign countries $ for $. 
Keep federal budget within tax revenue.

Right on, Dixie Dude!  ;)

Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2012, 04:43:51 AM »
Look at that! Non payers by state. Democrats are everywhere and it shows. Are they counting the illegal immigrants? Why not look up how much money those red states send to Washington?

Offline rickt300

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2012, 04:45:19 AM »
I guess you can't fix stupid...  :o ;D
Take a pill Chung, it might help.