Author Topic: states with voters wanting to secede  (Read 3275 times)

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Eisenhower Conservative
Re: states with voters wanting to secede
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2012, 04:46:35 AM »
Just wait until illegal Texans are taking your jobs!  ;D ;D ;D
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 04:53:08 AM »
Never be allowed to happen.
Why not? There is no slave excuse to justify the death of 5 million Americans. Constitutionally We the People have the right to chose our government. Factually there is good reason to seccede, govt. created debt for one.
We the People of the United States of America chose our government on Nov 6. Just because it didn't go the way you wanted is no reason to secede.  And I suppose none of the national debt has anything to do with Texas?

REALLY????
 It took how many thousands of signatures to get the petition? Quite obviously these people do not agree with the vote... I don't like it and a seriously conserned with the fallout that will happen because of it.
I do not in any way mean to suggest that those who voted that way don't count. Not at all its just a large percentage of them lack comon sence experience that comes with age. The children coming out of air schools are less and less educated and more and more informed by liberal teachers and professors. I mean come on, The freaking kids do not know the difference between a liberal and a conservative ideal!!!

This country was BUILT with and on conservative ideals. Liberals exist BECAUSE OF THEM!!! You work you get paid for that work you buy what YOU (me) need to live. Those that don't cannot. (DONT even go to those who have illness or disability our society has grown and lave shed to the point that we can and should help these folks out.) NOT the LAZY ASSES THAT SIT POPPING OUT BABIES AND BUYING CRACK ON GOVE MONEY....OUR MONEY!!! Certainly NOT FOR SOMEONE NOT FROM HERE! If they wanna better then selves and come here and be a ASSETT to society they should be welcomed! If they wanna free phone or food or shelter or aide GO AWAY!
I like to say I help those who are willing to help them selves. Not and NEVER a free loader!

Now I need to go relax and let my blood pressure go down... ;)
I love my country. i have lost sweat and blood helping to do my part to keep it and HATE what I see being done and what could happen as a result... I do NOT trust this president.
CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2012, 04:58:56 AM »
You guys realize this is a question with an actual answer right?  Stop calling each other ignorant and look it up. 

The "Red" states do not send the most money to Washington, nor should you expect them to.  New York and California do.  Per capita Minnesota, New Jersey, Delaware, and Connecticut do. 

The third most revenue by state is Texas, followed by six more states that voted for Obama.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_tax_revenue_by_state

But here's the thing:  If you just think, the answer is obvious. 

I've been to 19 of those 20 states listed on Chung's graphic.  Some of those red states in the south have areas of just catestrophic poverty, some of them honestly remind me of some of the indian reservations you see in this part of the country.  They are not all minorities either.  Nor do I expect that they are all democratic voters. 

Compare to when I lived and worked in Connecticut where there was an incredible affluence.  It was too expensive for the poor to live there. 

In short, a handful of investment bankers pay way more in taxes than a hundred blue collar manufacturing workers.

Now you can get back to your ideology driven effort to insult the other without taking the time to actually, you know, be right...

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2012, 05:09:14 AM »
Thanks Dukkiller. I'm glad Cali and NY pay their share. Too bad though it goes to file 13.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2012, 05:12:13 AM »
You guys realize this is a question with an actual answer right?  Stop calling each other ignorant and look it up. 

The "Red" states do not send the most money to Washington, nor should you expect them to.  New York and California do.  Per capita Minnesota, New Jersey, Delaware, and Connecticut do. 

The third most revenue by state is Texas, followed by six more states that voted for Obama.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_tax_revenue_by_state

But here's the thing:  If you just think, the answer is obvious. 

I've been to 19 of those 20 states listed on Chung's graphic.  Some of those red states in the south have areas of just catestrophic poverty, some of them honestly remind me of some of the indian reservations you see in this part of the country.  They are not all minorities either.  Nor do I expect that they are all democratic voters. 

Compare to when I lived and worked in Connecticut where there was an incredible affluence.  It was too expensive for the poor to live there. 

In short, a handful of investment bankers pay way more in taxes than a hundred blue collar manufacturing workers.

Now you can get back to your ideology driven effort to insult the other without taking the time to actually, you know, be right...
under this administration freedom will slowly bleed away.  four more years of obama will take the country to a place from where it can't return.
let the investment bankers live up there, and let them come begging to Dixie Dude for some natural gas to heat their homes.
where I'm from in southern Ill, you can't buy a job, but in the 50s and 60s their was plenty of work. it can return if enough people are commited.  of course under a liberal, there's always enough frivilous law-suits to keep all the lawyers employed.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline jhm

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2012, 05:15:06 AM »
     CYANIDE !

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 05:30:00 AM »
Why not? There is no slave excuse to justify the death of 5 million Americans. Constitutionally We the People have the right to chose our government. Factually there is good reason to seccede, govt. created debt for one.
We the People of the United States of America chose our government on Nov 6. Just because it didn't go the way you wanted is no reason to secede.  And I suppose none of the national debt has anything to do with Texas?

REALLY? ???
 It took how many thousands of signatures to get the petition? Quite obviously these people do not agree with the vote... I don't like it and a seriously conserned with the fallout that will happen because of it.
I do not in any way mean to suggest that those who voted that way don't count. Not at all its just a large percentage of them lack comon sence experience that comes with age. The children coming out of air schools are less and less educated and more and more informed by liberal teachers and professors. I mean come on, The freaking kids do not know the difference between a liberal and a conservative ideal!!!

This country was BUILT with and on conservative ideals. Liberals exist BECAUSE OF THEM!!! You work you get paid for that work you buy what YOU (me) need to live. Those that don't cannot. (DONT even go to those who have illness or disability our society has grown and lave shed to the point that we can and should help these folks out.) NOT the LAZY ASSES THAT SIT POPPING OUT BABIES AND BUYING CRACK ON GOVE MONEY....OUR MONEY!!! Certainly NOT FOR SOMEONE NOT FROM HERE! If they wanna better then selves and come here and be a ASSETT to society they should be welcomed! If they wanna free phone or food or shelter or aide GO AWAY!
I like to say I help those who are willing to help them selves. Not and NEVER a free loader!

I love my country. i have lost sweat and blood helping to do my part to keep it and HATE what I see being done and what could happen as a result... I do NOT trust this president.
CW
The petitions being discussed require 1 (one) signature to start. It is on the we the people part of the white house website...just because you dont agree with the vote is no reason to dump the entire system. The vote and electoral college were all done according to the Constitution. That's what everyone's squawking about isn't it? Constitutionality? There have been a lot of Presidents I didn't trust LBJ, Nixon, Bush, and Obama but they're still our Presidents
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 05:54:55 AM »

CW
You are not alone.  I did my part also to keep it free.  now I feel like shedding a tear as the country dies. :'(

Offline rickt300

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2012, 06:07:53 AM »

REALLY? ???

CW
The petitions being discussed require 1 (one) signature to start. It is on the we the people part of the white house website...just because you dont agree with the vote is no reason to dump the entire system. The vote and electoral college were all done according to the Constitution. That's what everyone's squawking about isn't it? Constitutionality? There have been a lot of Presidents I didn't trust LBJ, Nixon, Bush, but they're still our Presidents
If you don't think Obama and his agenda need dumping, then there is no need to tell you as you would not understand.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2012, 12:16:29 PM »
I do not trust him either.  His background, his voting record, and his lies.

Lies he has told:
1) Closing Guantanamo
2) Getting out of Afganistan
3) Unemployment will not get above 8%.  Got there and stayed there even with reducing the number of total workers in the workforce while our population grew? 
4) Unemployment would be below 7% his first term. 

I could list more, but this is right off the top of my head.  If a Republican had said this, he would never had been reelected. 

His election was because of a lot of voter fraud in swing states.  America is still a sea of red vs the big cities. 

Offline Anna

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2012, 01:34:50 PM »
I guess you can't fix stupid...  :o ;D

Naw you sure cant ,and you cant reinvent lies or convince liars either.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline Anna

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2012, 01:48:16 PM »
And im so sure the liberal web site you got this so called info from never told a lie. Of course the web never lies ,especially those kind of web sites you go to. Hay CDQ ,  I believe you  ::) lol
Hay man ,i was on your side all along . 

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2012, 04:44:32 AM »
The best report I can find is based on 2004 numbers -- amount received in federal benefits for every $1 sent to D.C and in parenthesis who they voted for in 2012.

Top Donor States:
1) NJ $.55 (Obama)
2) CT $.66 (Obama)
3) NH $.67 (Obama)
4) MN $.69 (Obama)
5) NV $.73 (Obama)
6) IL $.73 (Obama)
7) MA $.77 (Obama)
8) DE $.79 (Obama)
9) CO $.79 (Obama)
10) NY $.79 (Obama)
11) CA $.79 (Obama)

Top Leach States:
1) NM $2 (Obama)
2) AK $1.87 (Romney)
3) WV $1.83 (Romney)
4) MS $1.77 (Romney)
5) ND $1.73 (Romney)
6) AL $1.71 (Romney)
7) VA $1.66 (Obama)
8) HI $1.60 (Obama)
9) MT $1.58 (Romney)
10) SD $1.49 (Romney)
11) OK $1.48 (Romney)
12) AR $1.47 (Romney)
13) LA $1.45 (Romney)

Full report here: http://taxfoundation.org/article/federa ... ures-state

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2012, 10:02:42 AM »
Like I said somewhere.  I see the real leaches in my state.  One county alone gets over $14 million a quarter in total federal aid coming to their county.  They haven't anything to show for it.  Streets are potholed.  Fire department has delapidated equipment.  Schools are some of the worse in the state.  High dropout rate, low college entrance scores.  Drug use is rampant.  Theft is rampant.  More houses there have bars on their windows and doors, high fences, watch dogs.  I do not go there to do business except early in the mornings.  Never on Friday.  85% of utility bills go to women, because they list themselves as single.  They get food stamps, section 8 housing, welfare, dissablity, free school lunches.  The city gets all kinds of money for urban renewal projects that never get done, because it is 95% minority.  Yet, these people have fancy cars and big screen tv's in their yards and homes.  It is worse now than in the 60's through the 80's.  There was a little more pride then, yards were cleaner, homes were kept painted.  Everything is run down now.  Lots of repoed homes.  Vacant homes have had their water pipes and wiring striped out from copper theives.  And you wonder why my state votes Red.  Up north it is mainly isolated in the big cities, not the rural areas.  Here it could be both.

Problem is we have thrown $4-5 trillion dollars at the problem since the 1950's and it hasn't improved but has gotten worse.  Entitlement mentality set in.  Instead of teaching these people how to fish, we gave them fish.  Now our fish is running out.  There should have been efforts to make them stay in school, learn, learn to run their own businesses.  Learn how to do things for themselves.  Another problem with education, blacks have an average IQ of 85, whites 100, asians 110.  It therefore becomes harder for them to learn, it takes more time.  Ambition and determination can overcome these low IQ's.  You see it in sports, but not in school, or learning a trade, skill.  With the entitlement mentality, they have no ambition, not determination to get out of poverty, and are destined to repeat what their parents did.  Women who run the families, and men who are rolling stones.  Not a good situation.

Dem's have not answer but throw more money at the problem, let big government take care of their every need, food, housing, health care, etc.  Republicans haven't come up with an alternative solution, just preaching what works, but not teaching how to get there.  Liberals have taken over education so kids don't learn entrepenerialship, or the skills to get good jobs.  I throw poor whites who what we call lazy whites into the same catagory.  Lazy doesn't get it.   

Offline rickt300

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2012, 06:48:42 AM »
Great let us go our own way and we won't "leach" anymore.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2012, 04:41:09 PM »
Most of the states wanting to secede receive more tax dollars than they send to Washington. States in the Northeast, Great Lakes and Pacific Coast generally lose money to the federal government, while Southern and Great Plains states benefit.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/08/americas-fiscal-union
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2012, 08:07:15 AM »
Instead of seperating, and running from the problems we allowed to form in the first place, I feel it better to instead to become united again, not just in name, and rid ourselve's of the corrupt politicians and problems they've dealt us! You don't solve problems by running away from them. You solve them by ridding yourself of them completely! What ever happened to " United we stand....devided we fall" ?

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2012, 11:23:07 AM »
I watched Gone With The Wind today. Some of you talking about seceding remind me of the southern gentlemen who wanted a war with the North and thought it would be over in a few short weeks. They soon found out the price they would  pay for such arrogance. Such stupid talk then and such stupid talk now.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2012, 11:41:33 AM »
People in the southern states and probably other states sees the abuse and fraud every day regarding the federal government spending.  The ones who work want it to stop.  Like I said elsewhere, one county in my state that I know of has only about 15-20 thousand people.  This county receives $14 million dollars every quarter in total federal aid.  It is still poor.  Nothing to show for it.  85% of utility bills in this county go to women while the rest of the state 85% go to men.  Why?  They are defrauding the federal government.  Women with children can get welfare, food stamps, section 8 housing allowance, free kids lunches in school, etc.  They also get 6 months of their highest utility bills paid by the feds.  They can quit popping out babies without fathers and get a real job.  We in the south are tired of it, especially us who pay taxes. 

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2012, 11:55:39 AM »
We in the south are tired of it, especially us who pay taxes. 

A big AMEN brother! 
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2012, 12:09:05 PM »
I watched Gone With The Wind today. Some of you talking about seceding remind me of the southern gentlemen who wanted a war with the North and thought it would be over in a few short weeks. They soon found out the price they would  pay for such arrogance. Such stupid talk then and such stupid talk now.

Arrogance? Stupid talk?
ou are probably right.
For the most part.
But there were southerners that were smart enough to know the odds and probable outcome to a war with the US government.
Robert  E. Lee was one man that knew what the south would be up against.
And when asked to lead the UNION ARMY,,,Lee turned them down and chose to fight for what he considered his country .
A man has to chose what is right when he fights.
Only a coward looks at who has a better chance of winning before making the choice of which  side he will join.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »

Arrogance? Stupid talk?
ou are probably right.
For the most part.
But there were southerners that were smart enough to know the odds and probable outcome to a war with the US government.
Robert  E. Lee was one man that knew what the south would be up against.
And when asked to lead the UNION ARMY,,,Lee turned them down and chose to fight for what he considered his country .
A man has to chose what is right when he fights.
Only a coward looks at who has a better chance of winning before making the choice of which  side he will join.
I understand what you are saying , but by knowing the outcome before going to war,and still fighting-- what did the South gain ?
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2012, 12:42:59 PM »
We in the south are tired of it, especially us who pay taxes. 

A big AMEN brother!
  Do those who approved of slavery ever think that now we are being punished for their sins of destroying families just to have people work their plantations.I sometimes wonder how America would be different if we didn't sinfully import so many slaves .
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2012, 01:53:18 PM »
Based on the federation of states, and the US Constitution, there is no legal means for the Feds to keep a state in the union.  They all joined voluntarily. 

However, and its a big however, if we continue to fight among ourselves, politically or any other way, we may have to learn to speak Mandarin.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline Anna

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2012, 02:22:35 PM »

Hay dude, the north didn't walk away from that without a few broken limbs of its own. If given the time and the money the norths entire blockaid would have succumbed to the submarine.
Forget the ironclads, the Swiss engineer who was on that project for the south told them that the sub
would end this war in the souths favor. It was that close, and we owe the south in the developement of.

Land mines
Working hand grenades
Aerial bombardment from balloons .
Gas warfair
Biological warfair
Iron Claud's, and they were the first
Trench warfair
Aerial mapping
Air burst artillery shells
The use of barbed wire in a war
And thier intelligence agency's had to be top notch or she wouldn't have lasted as long as she did.

It's all spelled out at the Smithsonian, just pick up a pamphlet at Arlington house.
Southern soldiers killed or critically wounded something like five to one of northern solders, they just had more of them.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2012, 03:11:46 PM »

Hay dude, the north didn't walk away from that without a few broken limbs of its own. If given the time and the money the norths entire blockaid would have succumbed to the submarine.
Forget the ironclads, the Swiss engineer who was on that project for the south told them that the sub
would end this war in the souths favor. It was that close, and we owe the south in the developement of.

Land mines
Working hand grenades
Aerial bombardment from balloons .
Gas warfair
Biological warfair
Iron Claud's, and they were the first
Trench warfair
Aerial mapping
Air burst artillery shells
The use of barbed wire in a war
And thier intelligence agency's had to be top notch or she wouldn't have lasted as long as she did.

It's all spelled out at the Smithsonian, just pick up a pamphlet at Arlington house.
Southern soldiers killed or critically wounded something like five to one of northern solders, they just had more of them.

hay dudette - THEY LOST. Germany came up with alot of great inventions- THEY LOST. I didn't say the people were stupid. I said their thinking about fighting a war was stupid. The killing and maiming was stupid. Brother killing brother was stupid.
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline rickt300

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2012, 05:01:07 AM »
Seccession does not mean war.

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2012, 05:46:42 AM »
[

Do those who approved of slavery ever think that now we are being punished for their sins of destroying families just to have people work their plantations.I sometimes wonder how America would be different if we didn't sinfully import so many slaves .

Why would we be punished now for something that we righted almost 150 years ago?
I think a better question is,Are we being punished now because of the countries condoning the sin of abortion and gay rights?

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2012, 05:47:30 AM »
Excellent point and Biblical.....
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~