Author Topic: Obama- the most awesome Oil President!!!!!  (Read 1125 times)

Offline two-blocked

• Trade Count: (0)
Obama- the most awesome Oil President!!!!!
« on: November 12, 2012, 07:39:17 AM »

• U.S. to overtake Saudi as top oil producer: IEA
  • LONDON (Reuters) - The United States will overtake Saudi Arabia and Russia as the world's top oil producer by 2017, the West's energy agency said on Monday, predicting Washington will come very close to achieving a previously unthinkable energy self-sufficiency.
    The International Energy Agency (IEA) said it saw a continued fall in U.S. oil imports with North America becoming a net oil exporter by around 2030 and the United States becoming almost self-sufficient in energy by 2035.
    "The United States, which currently imports around 20 percent of its total energy needs, becomes all but self-sufficient in net terms - a dramatic reversal of the trend seen in most other energy importing countries," it said.
    The forecasts by the IEA, which advises large industrialized nations on energy policy, were in sharp contrast to its previous reports, which saw Saudi Arabia remaining the top producer until 2035.
    "Energy developments in the United States are profound and their effect will be felt well beyond North America - and the energy sector," the IEA said in the annual long-term report, giving one of the most optimistic forecasts for U.S. energy production growth to date.
    "The recent rebound in U.S. oil and gas production, driven by upstream technologies that are unlocking light tight oil and shale gas resources, is spurring economic activity - with less expensive gas and electricity prices giving industry a competitive edge," it added.
    IEA Chief Economist Fatih Birol told a news conference in London he believed the United States would overtake Russia as the biggest gas producer by a significant margin by 2015. By 2017, it would become the world's largest oil producer, he said.
    This could have significant geopolitical implications, if Washington feels its strategic interests are no longer as embedded in the Middle East and other volatile oil producing regions.
    Analysts ask whether an energy independent United States would still be prepared to safeguard major trade routes around the world, such as the Strait of Hormuz in the Middle East.
    The United States will rely more on natural gas than either oil or coal by 2035 as cheap domestic supply boosts demand among industry and power generators, the IEA said.
    LIMITED KNOWLEDGE
    Birol said he realized how optimistic the IEA forecasts were given that the shale oil boom was a relatively new phenomenon.
    "Light, tight oil resources are poorly known ... If no new resources are discovered (after 2020) and plus, if the prices are not as high as today, then we may see Saudi Arabia coming back and being the first producer again," he said.
    The IEA said it saw U.S. oil production rising to 10 million barrels per day (bpd) by 2015 and 11.1 million bpd in 2020 before slipping to 9.2 million bpd by 2035.
    Saudi Arabian oil output would be 10.9 million bpd by 2015, the IEA said, 10.6 million bpd in 2020 but would rise to 12.3 million bpd by 2035.
    That would see the world relying increasingly on OPEC after 2020 as, in addition to increases from Saudi Arabia, Iraq will account for 45 percent of the growth in global oil production to 2035 and become the second-largest exporter, overtaking Russia.
    OPEC's share of world oil production will rise to 48 percent from 42 percent now.
    Russian oil output, which over the past decade has been steadily above Saudi Arabia, is predicted to stay flat at over 10 million bpd until 2020, when it will start to decline to reach just above 9 million bpd by 2035.
    "Russia, which remains the largest individual energy exporter throughout the period, sees its revenues from oil, natural gas and coal exports rise from $380 billion in 2011 to $410 billion in 2035," the IEA said.
    The U.S. oil boom would accelerate a switch in the direction of international oil trade, the IEA said, predicting that by 2035 almost 90 percent of oil from the Middle East would be drawn to Asia.
    ENERGY DEMAND GROWS BY THIRD
    The report assumes a huge expansion in the Chinese economy, which it saw overtaking the United States in purchasing power parity soon after 2015 and by 2020 using market exchange rates. Chinese real gross domestic product is expected to increase by 5.7 percent annually between 2011 and 2035.
    A rise of 1.8 billion in the world's population to 8.6 billion would lead to a spike in global oil demand by more than a 10th to over 99 million bpd by 2035, keeping pressure on oil prices, the IEA said.
    The agency's central "New Policies" scenario, which assumes a range of measures are taken to curb oil consumption in Europe, the United States, China and elsewhere, sees the average import cost of oil rise to just over $215 per barrel by 2035 in nominal terms, or $125 in 2011 terms.
    If fewer steps are taken to promote renewable energy and curb carbon dioxide emissions, oil was likely to exceed $250 per barrel in nominal terms by 2035 and reach $145 in real terms -- almost level with the record highs seen four years ago.
    The share of coal in primary energy demand will fall only slightly by 2035.
    Fossil fuels in general will remain dominant in the global energy mix, supported by subsidies that, in 2011, jumped by almost 30 percent to $523 billion, due mainly to increases in the Middle East and North Africa.

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=OBR&date=20121112&id=15782571

Offline oldandslow

Re: Obama- the most awesome Oil President!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 12:44:43 PM »
More smoke, mirrows, and hot air. I spent most of my adult life working in the oilfield. Lots of booms and lots of busts and there were hardly any predictions that actually came true. People that make their living making predictions have to write something and thankfully for them almost no one remembers their predictions. I've seen a lot of companies go bust and a lot of people lose everything they had because of the busts and it was always a surprise. Lots of hindsight explanations after the fact and hindsight is always 20/20. Foresight seldom is.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 02:13:05 PM »
More smoke, mirrows, and hot air.
I agree totally.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 05:48:55 AM »
Obama has never made it secret that he wants less oil exploration and less oil energy.  I've never heard of one thing that he has done in this country that would lead to more oil independence.  Any success we are having in that regard is in spite of the zero and his stupid green agenda.
Swingem

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 06:01:04 AM »
Obama has never made it secret that he wants less oil exploration and less oil energy.  I've never heard of one thing that he has done in this country that would lead to more oil independence.  Any success we are having in that regard is in spite of the zero and his stupid green agenda.
he wants our gasoline prices to mirror europe. $6 to $9.50 (italy) forcing us to stay off the road.
he wants to control everything you do.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 07:05:11 AM »
The election is over. Isnt it about time for all of these new liberal interlopers on this forum to head back to their vegan chat rooms?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 07:13:07 AM »
The election is over. Isnt it about time for all of these new liberal interlopers on this forum to head back to their vegan chat rooms?

Oh no let them stay their responce will be priceless when it all crumbles around them.  ;)
Wonder how many are also on the survival sites getting ready ?  ;)  think about the hyprocrcy there . ;D
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 08:03:24 AM »
If it crumbles they'll quietly leave here to go protest their loss of goodies,, have your fun with em now:-)
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline powderman

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 08:27:32 AM »

HEH. I think we aquired the entire graduating class from the dnc. Some are good for a laugh, others just pathetic. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline keith44

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 08:36:38 PM »

HEH. I think we aquired the entire graduating class from the dnc. Some are good for a laugh, others just pathetic. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)

great target practice though
keep em talkin' while I reload
Life member NRA

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 03:39:57 AM »
Kinda like listening to a 6 year kid go on about Santa Claus. Cute, wish I could stick around, but I have to go to work to pay for this real cheap gas Obama is letting us use. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 04:07:36 AM »
Like Bill Clinton said the first time he ran.  "It's the economy stupid". 

In my area, we lost Norboard mfg company making plywood, using natural gas to dry the wood.  Big customer.
We lost Knauf mfg company making fiberglass insulation.  Big customer
We lost a Uniroyal tire mfg. company.  Big customer
We lost West Point Stevens textile mfg company (several plants) Big customers. 

We obtained Kia Mfg company and some auto suppliers, but assembly is not big gas users, just heating the buildings, water heaters, drying paint. 

So with a bad economy oil, gasoline, diesel, natural gas, and coal consumption is WAY down.  Natural gas in my area is half what it once was. 

If the economy picks back up and we get some factories back, then the price and consumption of fuel will rise. 

True unemployment is about 12% with under employment at true 18%.  Inflation is running about 11% under true inflation figures using groceries and fuel costs.  People aren't traveling much.  Not as many people going to the beaches here in the south.  Many businesses along the gulf coast are going out of business. 

You can twist, distort, all you want.  People are hurting.  My brother worked at Uniroyal making about $26 an hour with medical benefits, 401k etc.  He got laid off when the plant closed.  Now he is only making $15.  He is struggling.  He is surviving because he didn't have much debt.  He sold his bass boat also. 

My kids are only making $10-12 an hour.  When I was their age, I was making twice minimum wage at 21. 

Also not only are people not traveling much, my company has switched to natural gas for vehicle fuel as well as a lot of fleets begining to change over, and newer cars are getting higher mileage. 

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 07:39:55 AM »
Believing the president controls gas prices is a lot like believing in Santa Claus.

http://science.time.com/2012/02/21/gasbag-why-no-president-can-bring-us-2-gasoline/

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 08:08:01 AM »
So it was a miracle or a system glitch that lowered gasoline prices just prior to the election? Have the prices stayed at the same level now?
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline lakota

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 08:35:22 AM »
Believing the president controls gas prices is a lot like believing in Santa Claus.

http://science.time.com/2012/02/21/gasbag-why-no-president-can-bring-us-2-gasoline/
Is that why George Bush was villified by the liberals for $1.87/gallon gasoline?

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 12:13:32 PM »

Is that why George Bush was villified by the liberals for $1.87/gallon gasoline?
The fact that what they did was wrong will not make it right if I do the exact same thing.  My intellectual integrity is not reliant on the integrity of others.

The price of oil is set on the world market. It's a fact, not a political position.

Offline powderman

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 01:24:25 PM »

UHHHHH, ya wasn't supposed to remember that. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 02:10:45 PM »
Well, it appears that he's the "most awesome gun president" too, given the current state of firearms and ammunition sales. But somehow I doubt it's because of his love for freedom and the Second Amendment  ::)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline lakota

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 04:14:06 PM »

The fact that what they did was wrong will not make it right if I do the exact same thing.  My intellectual integrity is not reliant on the integrity of others.

The price of oil is set on the world market. It's a fact, not a political position.
Another fact is the hypocrisy of people who blamed one president for high energy prices are now saying their president has no control over gas prices. Isnt it ironic that these same people who blamed one president for bungling Hurricane Katrina recovery efforts are now ignoring the bungled Hurricane Sandy Recovery?

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 05:37:41 PM »

Another fact is the hypocrisy of people who blamed one president for high energy prices are now saying their president has no control over gas prices. Isnt it ironic that these same people who blamed one president for bungling Hurricane Katrina recovery efforts are now ignoring the bungled Hurricane Sandy Recovery?
I get that for some people being a "party guy" is more important than being right.  Sadly, that's the case for a lot of people on both sides right now.  If Americans took the time to study an issue and worry about being right, much of the bitter partisanship would disappear.  Unfortunatly they are too busy being fed the party line by whichever cable news network they choose to have tell them what fits their preconceived notions...

I have no opinion on Hurrican rescue efforts past or present.  I don't see it as the presidents job, and frankly, I don't care.

At the end of the day, I never want to use, "Well someone else did it worse" as an excuse for my own behavior.  Still, if it makes someone happy, there really isn't much I can do about it.

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 01:22:50 AM »
Well, if the economy improves, fuel costs will go up so profits can be made to drill some more.  With this sorry economy, prices have gone down, what we have or are drilling on our own land and not buying imports has made prices go down.  IF THIS PRESIDENT would allow offshore drilling, drilling in Alaska, and on leased government land, the price would go down even further and create jobs HERE, good jobs. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 04:51:04 AM »
Create jobs yes but if say China wants to buy our oil and a few other countries also want to buy it the price could go up.

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 04:57:55 AM »
If the economy stays bad, the oil prices should stay down until the glut dries up.  Then they will creep back up and drilling will start again, except here unless it is on private land. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 05:06:18 AM »
One thing most talking what prices should do with regard to the market is they forget fixed cost. The less you sell the less product you have to spread out the fixed cost. Being in construction and service I hear alot  "that since there is little work you should be able to cut the cost some " in reality I have to charge more to cover fixed cost. The oil companies still have to pay for borrowed money , maintance etc. even if production and sales are low.

Offline magooch

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 12:23:14 PM »
Yeah and those refinery explosions and fires ain't cheap to fix either, but they are very effective at running the price for gas and fuel up, so it's probably a bit better than a wash.  Ain't it funny that in the old days, either they didn't have refinery problems, or had a lot of spare capacity, because the price for gas stayed roughly the same for years.

As to whether, or not a President can influence the price of gas; just let the President announce that he is going to push for drilling everywhere and more refineries and stop all the regulatory bullcrap and finally stop spouting the lies about man-caused global warming and see what happens to the price of gas.

Dixie Dude is right.
Swingem

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 09:31:31 AM »
doesn't mean anything if prices get to $8.00 per gallon.
gasoline/diesel IS the lifeline of this economy...higher fuel prices mean a slowdown in the economy...pure and simple
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline Larry L

• A Real Regular
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 10:07:58 AM »
Gotta love clueless people. My pastor still doesn't understand it when I tell him God has a huge sense of humor. Obama is not only the worst nut case to sit in the white house, he's killing this country with his commands. The article was obviously written before the elections as the holy one has close 16,000,000 acres of Gov't land, meaning land that belongs to me and you, to any shale oil production. He has now made it an option for the environmentalist to close the Permian basin in West Texas due to a lizard. Typical Texas ranchers have stated if they close the oil fields, there will not be any lizards left when they are finished. Nut case has allowed the Chinese Oil Company, CNPC, to just about rule the shale production in Texas where the waters of Texas is mostly in underground reservoirs. Fracking done correctly is not an issue. Fracking uncontrolled is dangerous to the underground waters. CNPC is subject to no inspections or procedure checks- thanks to the his black holiness. And then you have Exxon closing 3 refineries as they are not allowed to build new ones- no permits from who......yeah, nut case again. But if you just like seeing a country failed and driven into oblivion, he's yer man.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2012, 11:24:46 AM »
The sand dune lizard deal is finished and has been for quite awhile. Everyone got together and actually worked out an agreement which benefits all involved including the lizard if it ever had a problem to start with. I'm pretty sure it was just a way the enviro people thought they could close some more land. There was never an actual scientific study done to determine if the lizard had a problem. One university had counted lizard numbers in a project done before any meddling began and found that more lizards existed where man had a presence than away from human traffic which the enviros totally ignored.

This will probably crop up again a few years from now as enviromentalists tend to not let go. They about killed the oilfield in the prairie chicken region because it was "wiping out" the chickens by disturbing their breeding season. Funny thing is the chickens are in worse shape than before the enviro people poked their nose in. Can anyone understand a long and continuing drouth affects wildlife in a negative way? I think since they had success with the chickens they decided to try with the lizard and it didn't work.

The Permian Basin, which produces a whopping 20% of domestic oil and gas production in the US, is alive and well. Since the price of oil has declined the drilling activity has slowed some but conditions are far from a bust in the region where I live.