Author Topic: From a Religion thread:  (Read 297 times)

Offline P.A. Myers

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
From a Religion thread:
« on: November 13, 2012, 08:40:35 AM »
Quote from: Hairy Chest on Yesterday at 11:02:39 AM
Affordable Care Act is good.  Has nothing to do with Islamization of America
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: P.A. Myers on Yesterday at 08:41:08 PM
Lets see, My 'senior advantage' , gone.  I will be thrown into the medicare pool that will be entirely disfunctional.  Muslims and politicians are exempt. Why exempt anyone if it is so f**qing good?

I really shouldn't be baited by a liberal ringer. Probably cruising.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Hairy Chest on Yesterday at 03:50:11 PM
Did you forget your Geritol this morning?   
Quote from: P.A. Myers on Yesterday at 08:41:08 PM
The contempt and hatred coming across in your posts is obvious and nauseating. What do you do while spreading this vile demeaning garbage. You can't win the arguement  so you spread on a layer of BS, and I mean BS.  You seem small, very small.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty -
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense”
 Winston Churchill

Offline two-blocked

• Trade Count: (0)

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
Re: From a Religion thread:
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »
Read your own link: http://factcheck.org/2010/04/more-malarkey-about-health-care/  and then answer his question:  "Why exempt anyone if it is so f**qing good?" I too am curious at the twisted logic we will use to arrive at justification for any Obama Care exemptions.

"Will the  Amish, Muslims and other religious groups be exempt from the coverage requirement?
Some Amish may. It’s unlikely that other groups will. We’re still checking out this rumor, but the versions we’ve seen are likely overblown. The law does say that some religious groups may be considered exempt from the requirement to have health insurance, and it uses the definition from 26    U.S. Code section 1402(g)(1), which defines the religious groups considered exempt from Social Security payroll taxes. Eligible sects must forbid any payout in the event of death, disability, old age or retirement, including Social Security and Medicare. They must also be approved by the Commissioner for Social Security. The law was originally designed to apply to the Old Order Amish, and we have yet to find any cases in which members of other religious groups were successfully able to claim exemption.
The Social Security bureaucracy has been slow to respond to our queries about which religious groups have been granted exemptions from the payroll tax. But both the federal government and the courts have been very strict on such exemptions in the past. For instance, in 1982 the Supreme Court found that a member of the Old Order Amish claiming exemption under 1402(g) was in fact subject to payroll tax for his employees. That section, the Court said, is applicable only to the self-employed. And in two cases where self-employed individuals claimed a religious opposition to Social Security but weren’t members of approved sects, they were also ordered to pay the tax.
The Christian Science Church, a religious group with restrictions on health care use, has stated  publicly that members will be subject to the insurance requirement."
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline lakota

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 11:27:32 AM »
When you do your own research on the question "are muslims exempt from Obama Care?" and you skip the Snopes B.S. and the others it seems that the answer is not a definate "yes" or "no". It seems that the consensus is that there's a 50/50 chance that if a muslim individual applies for a waiver on the basis of a religious conflict that they will be granted the waiver. Muslims as a group are not expemt but they may be as individuals if they care to go through the paperwork.

Offline P.A. Myers

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 02:33:24 PM »
The point is why exempt anyone?  Is oramacare something to be avoided?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty -
 Winston Churchill

Offline lakota

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 03:13:49 PM »
The point is why exempt anyone?  Is oramacare something to be avoided?
Exactly. If its so great tthen everyone should have to participate. No waivers for anyone including labor unions.

Offline lakota

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 05:39:02 AM »
No Commrade I would prefer it if I remained in control of my healthcare without Barry and his minions interfering. But if one person has to participate then everyone should have to. I noticed you ignored the part about labor unions. Why should so many of them be exempt?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Offline P.A. Myers

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 08:59:24 AM »
One more time, lakota and P.A. do  not want ozamacare, it will worsen our situation while the media/regime calls it the afordable care act. If it is the best social program since clean water then why exempt anyone? Do you see the obvious irony of the media/regime situation? Some times I think I am typing english and chinese comes out.

Have a serene and fulfilling Thanksgiving,       P.A.
 Winston Churchill