Author Topic: Tasco Bantam  (Read 3126 times)

Offline evan1395

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • If you're gonna be dumb, Ya gotta be tough!
Re: Tasco Bantam
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »
That's 18 inches on the nose with a non modified survivor stock.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Ok cool man! Really interested in what it would look like on a stock wood stock.
This is grade A, 100% pure Colombian cocaine, ladies and gentlemen. Disco crap. Pure as the driven snow....

Offline bodie4

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2012, 08:15:49 AM »
Ask and you shall receive.  Here it is on a pallet wood stock..34 inches overall.  Ended up taking a file to the back of the scope base and the scope fits now.  The eye relief is perfect for me.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2012, 08:28:13 AM »
Ask and you shall receive.  Here it is on a pallet wood stock..34 inches overall.  Ended up taking a file to the back of the scope base and the scope fits now.  The eye relief is perfect for me.

Thats some fermilular looking lumber you have there !!  ;) Looks good!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline evan1395

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • If you're gonna be dumb, Ya gotta be tough!
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2012, 09:08:02 AM »

Thanks alot man! Really do appreciate all this. Kind of helps me make up my mind and decide how I want to play with the length on my Handi. However for some off reason it does look like I would want to trim the stock just a couple inches. I'd like to remain somewhere close to the 14" length of pull.
Clean lookin' Handi though man, Really diggin' the look. Now comes the question....
How did you trim the barrel? I have no access to a bandsaw, but do own a hacksaw with a fine tooth metal blade. Anyone have a good proccess for trimming a barrel?
This is grade A, 100% pure Colombian cocaine, ladies and gentlemen. Disco crap. Pure as the driven snow....

Offline bodie4

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2012, 09:38:14 AM »
Hacksaw and file work just as good.  See the FAQs for good info on recrowning, the valve grinding compound and lag bolt is pretty easy in the big 45-70 barrel.   CWlongshot, your pallet wood turned into the snow camo stock on my 17hmr I posted in the rimfire forum.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2