Author Topic: AZ gun dealer tells hussein supporters, turn around and leave, not welcome here.  (Read 1134 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Arizona gun dealer tells Obama voters, 'Turn around and leave!   
This sign now greets customers at the door of Southwest Shooting Authority of Arizona, where proprietor Cope Reynolds has added a new dimension to political disagreement.

An Arizona-based firearms dealer is refusing to do business with gun owners or potential gun buyers who voted for Barack Obama, and whether it costs him money, he is providing those potential customers with what he considers an object lesson about actions and consequences.

Cope Reynolds, proprietor at Southwest Shooting Authority in Pinetop, Ariz., told Examiner Friday that he is absolutely serious and he does not care if it upsets some people. His approach is visceral. It made headlines on AmmoLand and The Gun Wire, and it is garnering support from gun rights activists, as can be seen in the comments below.

“I’ve been trying to wake people up,” he lamented.

Reynolds’ approach is like a bucket of ice water, rather than a diplomatic nudge, however. The sign posted in the door of his shop says it all:
“If you voted for Barack Obama Your business is not welcome at Southwest Shooting Authority.

You have proven you are not responsible enough to own a firearm.”
Inside, another sign warns, “If you voted for Obama, please turn around and leave!”

As a reader of this column revealed, not every gun owner turned his back on Obama. A number of people who belong to various Pacific Northwest gun rights forums also indicated, either openly or by refusing to disclose, that they voted for the president. Apparently, the phenomenon is not confined to Washington and Oregon, where some gun owners are “blue bloods” in a political sense.

Reynolds is having none of it, and he no longer wants their business. A sign that was posted outside of his store announced an “Obama bin Biden” sale, which brought criticism from pro-Obama residents in his community, according to a newspaper article. Reynolds doesn’t care. He wants to alienate those people, although upon reflection, it is not clear how he could enforce the policy.

If the idea spreads to other gun shops and then to the aisles at gun shows, Obama supporters may soon be shooting blanks. There is no indication that other firearms retailers have copied Reynolds, in Arizona or elsewhere in the Southwest. But the story just broke Friday.

Is it discrimination? Retailers retain the right to refuse business to anyone, and in the case of a gun dealer, he is not violating anyone’s Second Amendment right by telling them to pound sand. He even bought advertising space in the White Mountain Independent newspaper to explain his position.

“Effective immediately, if you voted for Obama, your money is no good here,” the advertisement says. “You have proven beyond a doubt that you are not responsible enough to own a firearm. We have just put a sign up on the front door to save you the trouble of walking all the way in here….”

Reynolds is a transplant. He originally had a business in Farmington, N.M. but moved to Pinetop a few years ago. It is a small community more than 100 miles northeast from Phoenix in the White Mountains; the kind of place “nobody ever heard of.”

After this week, it’s going to be on everybody’s map.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ariz...ound-and-leave
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
Good for him. I'll bet he adds customers rather than loose them, kind of like the chick fillet stand.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
See? Some of our fellow gun-owners really are asshat dingbats...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline magooch

Oh, we already knew that, because some of you obviously voted for Obama bin Ladden.
Swingem

Offline Bob Riebe

I see nothing wrong with that sign.

One can be a two-faced liar and smile to their faces, or one can simply tell the truth.

Democrats, and Rinos do the former and hopefully more conservatives do the latter.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
if he has trouble with his pants staying up

HE IS PROBLY A DEMOCRAT
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.

HE IS PROBLY A DEMOCRAT

Aww, that is unkind to those of us that require suspenders to keep our britches from going half mast. :o
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline painted horse

• Avid Poster
I have NO problem with the sign or sentiment..my question would be how would he know if someone voted one way or the other?? Gonna take someones word for it?? We know how well that works with most democratic liberals...I wonder how he (owner) feels about those who just didn't vote........ >:(

Offline guzzijohn

Quote from painted horse:
"I wonder how he (owner) feels about those who just didn't vote........ "

Good question! Or voted third party. As far as democrats not telling the owner the truth concerning how they voted, well if I lived in his area I certainly would not be darkening his door again even though I may have been one of his better customers. Voting with my pocketbook.
GuzziJohn

Offline Casull

Well, we know that  ;) .  But, it isn't this guy.  He puts his money where his mouth is.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline powderman

If I owned a gun shop I would never sell even a pk of bbs to anybody I knew voted for the obamination. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline m-g Willy

Good question! Or voted third party. As far as democrats not telling the owner the truth concerning how they voted, well if I lived in his area I certainly would not be darkening his door again even though I may have been one of his better customers. Voting with my pocketbook.

Seems as if some folks are as yellow tail say 'ass hats"
The gun dealer stated that "IF YOU VOTED FOR OBAMA"
He didn't mention anything about those who did not vote at all ,,or those who voted for someone else.
Pay close attention.
He said  those who" VOTED FOR OBAMA"
Why is it so hard for a liberal to comprehend something that is so straight forward?
Is it that you just can't stand anything you can't twist?

Offline Cuts Crooked

Seems as if some folks are as yellow tail say 'ass hats"
The gun dealer stated that "IF YOU VOTED FOR OBAMA"
He didn't mention anything about those who did not vote at all ,,or those who voted for someone else.
Pay close attention.
He said  those who" VOTED FOR OBAMA"
Why is it so hard for a liberal to comprehend something that is so straight forward?
Is it that you just can't stand anything you can't twist?

Ahhh!!! But you must remember "A vote for anyone other than Romney.......is a vote for Obama!"
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline m-g Willy

Ahhh!!! But you must remember "A vote for anyone other than Romney.......is a vote for Obama!"

But the dealer didn't say anything about - "anyone other than Romney"- on his sign.
Are you trying to twist the meaning of something so simple to understand :o

Offline KIMBER45

HE IS PROBLY A DEMOCRAT

Aww, that is unkind to those of us that require suspenders to keep our britches from going half mast. :o
Yep, there a many Republicans with a severe case of Dunlop's disease.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline Cuts Crooked

But the dealer didn't say anything about - "anyone other than Romney"- on his sign.
Are you trying to twist the meaning of something so simple to understand :o

Nope! But many of the so called conservatives here did.

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline hillbill

it is his bizness, i wouldnt sell to democrats either even if it forced me out of bizness. but on the good side there is prob not a lot of democrats walkin in his store.i know that sounds harsh.but that jus way i am.

Offline twoshooter

• Remember the Starfish......
All that shows is that he is not a true capitalist, and also not very smart. Lets look at the possible outcomes. BEST: The gun store owner is friendly and helpful to the Obama Supporter ( hereafter referred to as OS). The OS purchases a gun, has a good experience, feels safer as a result, and now believes that not all gun owners and Repubs are automatically A-holes. Store owner also has a profit. After all, the OS did come into the store for a reason, and it was an opportunity.
 Worst: Owner verbally abusive and invites OS to leave. Provides positive proof to OS that what he has been told that all "gun people" and Repubs are vicious moronic A-holes. Leaves without a purchase, owner has no profit. Later victim of home invasion- now has permanent deep seated hatred for anything related to a gun because his experience is negative and guns make him feel less safe regardless of circumstances.
     Lindsey Graham was right about at least one thing: It is one thing to shoot yourself in the foot, and another to reload. I would add, cease firing.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline Cuts Crooked

You make a good case Twoshooter.

The republicans here drove me away from the republican party with that very attitude! I MAY support a republican candidate again someday but I will NEVER support that party again!

Offline mauser98us

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
  • 10 mm junkie and Whelan wacko
I love the fact that I was raised and live in Arizona. We are kind of a spunky bunch still. Havn't become sheeple like a lot of others.Matter of fact, I don't see that some folks here on this forum could be gun owners and still vote democrat.The party of statists.and no individual rights. .

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
All that shows is that he is not a true capitalist, and also not very smart. Lets look at the possible outcomes. BEST: The gun store owner is friendly and helpful to the Obama Supporter ( hereafter referred to as OS). The OS purchases a gun, has a good experience, feels safer as a result, and now believes that not all gun owners and Repubs are automatically A-holes. Store owner also has a profit. After all, the OS did come into the store for a reason, and it was an opportunity.
 Worst: Owner verbally abusive and invites OS to leave. Provides positive proof to OS that what he has been told that all "gun people" and Repubs are vicious moronic A-holes. Leaves without a purchase, owner has no profit. Later victim of home invasion- now has permanent deep seated hatred for anything related to a gun because his experience is negative and guns make him feel less safe regardless of circumstances.
     Lindsey Graham was right about at least one thing: It is one thing to shoot yourself in the foot, and another to reload. I would add, cease firing.

WELL ....YOUR NO FUN
you happen to be right

some times  my anger  over  obumer and democrats in gerneral
causes  me to forget   something that  i have always lived by
'' the best way to destroy your enemy is to make them your friend''
key  word  of course  is  ''best''.....if that fails....time to get nasty

over 50% of those motivated enough to vote
beleived  obumer was the lesser of 2 evils and voted accordingly

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)

My thoughts exactly!

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
YellowTail, Two Shooter and  Cuts Crooked:

If you hate Republicans and gun owners so much, move to California where the Democratic party has 2/3 veto proof majorities in both State house, Democratic governors and Democratic US Senators.

You will be welcomed here  with open arms by people who are more to you liking than dirty rotten Republicans.   

Just don't bring your guns to California with you.  You're welcome here, but your guns are not.

Offline Cuts Crooked

YellowTail, Two Shooter and  Cuts Crooked:

If you hate Republicans and gun owners so much, move to California where the Democratic party has 2/3 veto proof majorities in both State house, Democratic governors and Democratic US Senators.

You will be welcomed here  with open arms by people who are more to you liking than dirty rotten Republicans.   

Just don't bring your guns to California with you.  You're welcome here, but your guns are not.

Unfortunately I am a true conservative but.....Thank you for making my point about republicans so concisely!

Offline tunnug

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
You're absolutelly correct, who would think that a gunowner would vote for Obama.

Offline painted horse

• Avid Poster
By golly, if nothing else you guys sure do liven up an otherwise foggy, boring day.  A lot of good points made here, a lot of crap here also. But it does make for some good entertainment. I still think I'm a conservative independant, but some of these posts make me wonder...oh well, it is fun reading anyway.. ;D