Author Topic: Wounded Warrior Project rejects gun-owners, gun-dealers, gun-manufacturers.  (Read 3130 times)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
82.8%......is remarkable
sorry  for  my part of  any  repeating  incorrect information

THANK YOU DEE FOR  RESEARCHING WHAT WE WERE  TOO LAZY TO RESEARCH

i still stand  by.....''not supporting WWP  does not equal not supporting wounded veterans''

17.2%....if thats right......is really  good  in reguards to overhead
but  in view   of their political agenda
just   look into   another way to help

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Drilling Man

• Trade Count: (0)
ROMNEY WAS AGAINST, BEFORE HE WAS FOR, YOUR GUN RIGHTS! YOU WANTED BOTH OF THEM TO BE "PRESIDENT"!

WHY???  Because obammy was/is against 100% of the time!

I'm going to have to go back and find where i read that only 15% makes it to the program.  Perhaps that info is wrong? Perhaps's it isn't.  I also that the top dog in the program was getting something like 450,000 in wadges, so i need to check that all out again.

DM

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Why not look at the source? i.e. WOUNDED WARRIOR WEBSITE! Their financial statement is RIGHT THERE.

I buy ALL of my WWP caps, shirts, ect. at ACADAMY SPORTS in Sherman, Texas. Did I mention they have a HUGE SELECTION OF GUNS FOR SALE?

Deleted by Mod!
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline two-blocked

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
they  are sold  at a gun store??......that is good to know..kinda dispells alot

as for voting  for   romnee and  McCain
that was a choice between  ONLY 2 viable choices....[lesser......]
there are many  options  to help veterans

WWP  might be a best option.....but it is good  we look at where our money goes
maybe  they may  chanbe any unpopular agenda they may have
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Dee

On the first site specifically what type of services the other organizations compared to WWP actually provide to the soldier? That will be the real measuring stick.

Offline Dee

Although I used Romney and McCain as in my view "hypocritical choices" in compared to WWP the real topic, let me add that had McCain won, we would now be fighting in Syria AND Libya. He has tried to goad the failure known as Obama into this for sometime now, and made the Networks touting involvement in these two countries. Wars great if you aren't doin the fighting. Your "lessor of" had he won like you wanted, would have promptly involved our military in TWO MORE WARS. Elections have consquences. Obama is bad, but McCain would have been worse in the war department. Careful what you wish for, and the "lessor of" obviously AIN'T WORKIN. Past time to give it up.

Offline Dee

I don't think WWP has "an agenda" other than helping WWs. But understand, that they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. Do gun programs catch it from the liberals. Do liberal programs, and catch it from the "suedo conservative gun nuts".
One here doesn't trust their (WWP) books, but trusts outside sources. Go figure that one out. I doubt they have two sets of books. That would be expensive.
As for your voting stratagy? It ain't workin, and never has. It's just makin a bad situation worse and is dodgin the real issue, of not settlin for less.

Online nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Everybody has opinions folks! And that's what they are....Just opinions.
I've deleted a few posts and modified some because I see it turning into one of those p---ing contests again. Calling someone an idiot is not acceptable. Even though the person that was called an idiot was not called by name. The intent was there and not following GB guidlines for posting. Keep it impersonal folks! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and shouldn't be called a name for stating it.Try playing by the rules!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline williamlayton

HUMMMM! I donate to chaties of a number of different types without trying to assert any influemce on them.
If i were a charity and someone came to me with a large donation--IF--I would endorse their product, I would deny the donation because my focus was on the prject and donations from all sources--without conflict of interest.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
I would just like to thank those who have not deterred from their support for the wounded warriors. Also, nw_hunter, those sure are some nice AA wings you got there. I have a set just like them. ;)

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
First-- Who asked WWP to endorse a gun product?
I don't recall that being said anywhere.
They were asked to come on a gun program to talk about WWP, not to sell gun stuff.
I don't care about the gun show either but the OP said they refused to appear because the show was related to guns.

Second-- It is good if they are working on a short overhead but Drilling man said he read it was only 15% so I would like for him to find where he read that so we may check it out also.

Third-- Just because you don't support WWP doesn't mean you don't support out troops or donate to their well being through some other organization.

Fourth-- Selling their own product through a gun store is not the same as accepting a donation from a gun related business.
Seems a little strange that they refuse to accept donations from firearms companies but choose to sell their products through the same companies.
Again, no one is asking them to give an endorsement of their gun product in order to receive a donation.

Fifth-- This is off the subject but since it was brought up, by refusing to stand for more of the same old thing that is exactly what you along with the rest of us got, more of the same old thing.
I didn't care that much for Mitt but I would have preferred him over what we still have which is someone hell bent on destroying our country as we know it.
You voted your way for your reasons and I did the same and we both lost.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Drilling Man

First-- Who asked WWP to endorse a gun product?
I don't recall that being said anywhere.
They were asked to come on a gun program to talk about WWP, not to sell gun stuff.
I don't care about the gun show either but the OP said they refused to appear because the show was related to guns.

Second-- It is good if they are working on a short overhead but Drilling man said he read it was only 15% so I would like for him to find where he read that so we may check it out also.

LONGTOM

I'll find the "origional link" to where i read it, but mean time here's some info.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=12842

Pretty good gig for Steven Nardizzi, get's paid $320,000 bucks!

Looks like they are at the bottom of their rateings for this kind of charity...

DM

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
From what I read in your link kind of contradicts that stated 82.8% going to the vet.

LONGTOM

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07