Author Topic: No Smoking Gun , an apology probably in order , but won't hold my breath  (Read 813 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
Now that General Petraeus has testified and spoke candidly that Rice only reiterated the unclassified taking points all the joint intelligence agencies provided her to communicate to the public, which she did verbatim.  One would assume McCain whom I use to respect  (still respect his military service but other than that nothing else), and Graham should now apologize to Rice for dragging her integrity and character through the mud all week.

But I wont hold my breath. 

Not the smoking gun they hoped for  -  oh well better luck next time .

And a little unsolicited advice Mr. McCain -  next time instead of ranting on national television regarding timelines and someones incompetence try attending your own meetings where at the same time you were ranting on TV they were actually debriefing congressional leaders providing the information you were seeking.

You chalked the missed meeting up to your staffs clerical error ..HMMMM ...does that mean your own staff has risen to the level of incompetence you accuse others of . And if so, since you selected your staff should we not now be questioning your judgement and competence instead of you questioning others??

Semper Fi

"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Bob Riebe

Re: No Smoking Gun , an apology probably in order , but won't hold my breath
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »
Now that General Petraeus has testified and spoke candidly that Rice only reiterated the unclassified taking points all the joint intelligence agencies provided her to communicate to the public, which she did verbatim.  One would assume McCain whom I use to respect  (still respect his military service but other than that nothing else), and Graham should now apologize to Rice for dragging her integrity and character through the mud all week.

But I wont hold my breath. 

Not the smoking gun they hoped for  -  oh well better luck next time .

And a little unsolicited advice Mr. McCain -  next time instead of ranting on national television regarding timelines and someones incompetence try attending your own meetings where at the same time you were ranting on TV they were actually debriefing congressional leaders providing the information you were seeking.

You chalked the missed meeting up to your staffs clerical error ..HMMMM ...does that mean your own staff has risen to the level of incompetence you accuse others of . And if so, since you selected your staff should we not now be questioning your judgement and competence instead of you questioning others??

Semper Fi
You are assuming Pretaeus is not simply lying to save what little of his whoring butt he can save amongst the Obama regime?

Offline Val

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 02:58:07 AM »
It's been  very revealing . It's now very obvious that she is merely an Obummer talking parrot, apparently not privy to the information available to the Whitehouse. She had absolutely nothing to do with the the issue (per Obummer), yet, she was sent by her master to be the White house spokes person to the Nation. She's not even able to defend herself. Is this puppet/parrot qualified to represent this Country as Secretary of State? Who's going to be assigned to perform the necessary thinking the job requires?
Hunting and fishing are not matters of life or death. They are much more important than that.

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 03:58:21 AM »
Who cares what the regimes mouthpiece said, what really matters is who failed to send help to the Americans who were under attack in that craphole.  I think we all know who shirked their duty and it wasn't George Bush.
Swingem

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 07:14:42 AM »
Who cares what the regimes mouthpiece said, what really matters is who failed to send help to the Americans who were under attack in that craphole.  I think we all know who shirked their duty and it wasn't George Bush.

Bush got us into the mess, but Obama has had time to get us out and he's failing miserably.  We need to get out of the middle east and nation build here in America.  Let them all kill each other over there.  There is no need for us to be there, except to politely negotiate with Arabs to buy their oil. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline wganz

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 07:45:35 AM »
Bush got us into the mess, but Obama has had time to get us out and he's failing miserably.  We need to get out of the middle east and nation build here in America.  Let them all kill each other over there.  There is no need for us to be there, except to politely negotiate with Arabs to buy their oil.
And exactly when did Bush get us into Libya? Oh, he was negotiating with Kaddaffi for him to destroy his WMD program, help with the WoT, and reopen Libya to US drilling(yes, oil. it isn't a four letter word and it isn't evil). Who turned Libya into a stateless area for the AQ to make strongholds? ...................<crickets />

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 07:52:13 AM »
And exactly when did Bush get us into Libya? Oh, he was negotiating with Kaddaffi for him to destroy his WMD program, help with the WoT, and reopen Libya to US drilling(yes, oil. it isn't a four letter word and it isn't evil). Who turned Libya into a stateless area for the AQ to make strongholds? ...................<crickets />

Bush invaded nation states to spread freedom and democracy.  So Libya got it's Democracy.  Happy?  Quit squealing about Bengazi.  You done it to yourself. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 01:31:25 PM »

Actually if we are blaming pin the tail on the culprits  - this whole congress is to Blame.

Since 2010, Congress cut $296 million from the State Department’s spending request for embassy security and construction, with additional cuts in other State Department security accounts, They requested more personnel and were denied due to budget cuts. “Anytime we cut that account back, we are putting people’s lives at risk, people who are serving the country” in dangerous places abroad, said Mr. Lilly.  The cuts mean that “a lot of places you’d intended to secure better, you don’t reach” this year, he added.
Congress has appropriated less money for the department than requested in every year since Fiscal 2007, according to budget figures.

If congress is looking for whose is negligible they need look no further than in a mirror.

"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 02:09:35 PM »
Looks to  me like Rice was used as a patsy by the Obee administration. If an apology is owed, it is owed to Rice and the American people, from Obee.......preferably along with his resignation!
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 02:30:32 PM »

Bush invaded nation states to spread freedom and democracy.  So Libya got it's Democracy.  Happy?  Quit squealing about Bengazi.  You done it to yourself.
Quit squealing about Bush, this election you did it to yourself.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 04:24:20 PM »
  Ohhh Yesss;
    Scoot & Hairy right out there blaming everybody for the Benghazi debackle... except the bungler-in-chief.. let's review a bit:

1) Warning flags were all over the north African nations , recently in upheval

2) The building was attacked 2 times as a a means of "testing" the Obama administration

3)  One of those attacks included a hole blown in the wall 11 feet in diameter. 

4) Officials stationed in the consulate beg for more security...protection

5) Instead the obama supporters pull out US protection and replaces them with $4 per hour Libyan rent-a-cops

6) By this time, most all the other foreign embassies have pulled out...citing inability to assure security for their people

7) Even the Red cross pulls out, for same reason...  and the fact that 9/11 anniversary approaching..

8)  As feared by anyone with any sense...on 9/11 The assault takes place!!...Well DUH!!

9) Instead of sending in fighter aircraft or even armed drones ..Pres jumpshot..sends in an "observer" drone..which arrives over the consulate within 2 hours

10) Between the observer drone and in place security cams, the White House watches the attack in real time.

11) The observer drone was sent from the same base in Italy where hundreds of Spec Ops troops were ready, able and anxious to act

12)   Spec Ops  troop carrying aircraft launched along with the drone would have arrived about the same time as the drone..

13) Somebody in Washington decided not to send help to the consulate.....where does the "buck" normally stop?

14) Appearing on 5 different TV shows, Amb Rice repeats the "video protest" lie over and over  ..which the administration knew was false.

15) Gen Petraeus assured us that right off, intelligence told the administration that it was a terrorist attack..but somebody in Washington decided to edit (change) the wording.  Why was the wording changed?

16) In recent days, the president claimed that Amb Rice.."knew nothing"about what transpired in Benghazi..

17) If Amb Rice did indeed "know nothing" about the Benghazi attacks and murders...why did the president send her to make the talk show circuit?

APOLOGY?...You must be kidding..   Unless you meant the president owes an apologyto the families of the slain ..and to the American people...

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 06:10:48 PM »
Ever notice that the  people who credit Obama for everything that went wrong in Benghazi are the very same ones who give him no credit for what went  perfectly in Abbottabad?  :o

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 10:09:29 PM »
Ever notice that the  people who credit Obama for everything that went wrong in Benghazi are the very same ones who give him no credit for what went  perfectly in Abbottabad?  :o

Sure! Why not? We can give him credit for the mechanism set in place by Bush to get Binladen, and the work done by covert ops and SEALs, while Obee sat around and scratched his arse.......after all Obee blames every thing on Bush! He might as well take credit for the good things too, huh? ::)

None of which has a damned thing to do with the Benghazi debacle and the lies that Obee and his administration spewed afterwards.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 11:38:43 PM »
If a President of the United States will tell the American people that the FBI has been investigating the Director of the CIA for several months and he had no knowledge of the situation then he is a liar. End of story.

Offline magooch

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 05:00:29 AM »
I think we all know what the obama supporters would be doing if GWB, or any Republican had lied like Obama who failed to protect Americans.  That's right, they would be wanting him to be impeached.  So now it's time to get on with it.  Impeach that lying irresponsible Kenyan.
Swingem

Offline justme

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 07:50:40 AM »
This is just the latest coverup. Whatever happened to Fast and Furious? Did we ever take care of that?

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 08:50:13 AM »
Rice is not innocent.  She either knew or should have know what she was talking about. 

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 11:13:54 AM »
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 Two blocked;
  Actually; most here have been lavish in "giving credit where credit is due"..  They have been very forthright in giving SEAL team 6 much credit for their selfless, and courageous action..

You aren't STILL under the impression that we have some kind of  "Ramboma" in the oval office, are you?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 01:08:01 PM »
Rice is not innocent.  She either knew or should have know what she was talking about.
that's right.  as an ambassador she had a top secret clearance, so I'm sure that she was privy to everything.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 03:59:48 PM »
No loss of American lives should be taken lightly but there is evidence that the Republican "outrage" is purely political.

US Embassies & consulates attacked under Bush:

June 14, 2002, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Suicide bomber kills 12 and injures 51.

February 20, 2003, international diplomatic compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Truck bomb kills 17.

February 28, 2003, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Gunmen on motorcycles killed two consulate guards.

July 30, 2004, U.S. embassy in Taskkent, Uzbekistan
Suicide bomber kills two.

December 6, 2004, U.S. consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Militants stormed and occupied perimeter wall. Five killed, 10 wounded.

March 2, 2006, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Suicide car bomber killed four, including a U.S. diplomate directly targeted by the assailants.

September 12, 2006, U.S. embassy in Damascus, Syria
Gunmen attacked embassy with grenades, automatic weapons, and a car bomb (though second truck bomb failed to detonate). One killed and 13 wounded.

January 12, 2007, U.S. embassy in Athens, Greece
A rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the embassy building. No one was injured.

July 9, 2008, U.S. consulate in Istanbul, Turkey
Armed men attacked consulate with pistols and shotguns. Three policemen killed.

March 18, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
Mortar attack misses embassy, hits nearby girls' school instead.

September 17, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
Militants dressed as policemen attacked the embassy with RPGs, rifles, grenades and car bombs. Six Yemeni soldiers and seven civilians were killed. Sixteen more were injured.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »
No loss of American lives should be taken lightly but there is evidence that the Republican "outrage" is purely political.

Truck bomb kills 17.

Suicide car bomber killed four, including a U.S. diplomate directly targeted by the assailants.

Gunmen attacked embassy with grenades, automatic weapons, and a car bomb (though second truck bomb failed to detonate). One killed and 13 wounded.

A rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the embassy building. No one was injured.

Militants dressed as policemen attacked the embassy with RPGs, rifles, grenades and car bombs. Six Yemeni soldiers and seven civilians were killed. Sixteen more were injured.
Hmm and how many of these were blamed on some one with an absolute lie with the person blamed ending up in prison on a charge where the average person gets probation?

None.

Well now that says a lot about the Obama regime.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 12:23:43 AM »

Truck bomb kills 17.

Hmm and how many of these were blamed on some one with an absolute lie with the person blamed ending up in prison on a charge where the average person gets probation?

None.

Well now that says a lot about the Obama regime.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

....And just how many of these acts of terrorism did the administration of the time..try to blame on some obscure video? 
   Or did the administration of that time call it what it was...raw terrorism?

Offline Anna

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 12:57:25 AM »
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 Two blocked;
  Actually; most here have been lavish in "giving credit where credit is due"..  They have been very forthright in giving SEAL team 6 much credit for their selfless, and courageous action..

You aren't STILL under the impression that we have some kind of  "Ramboma" in the oval office, are you?

Well IG, we must remember that in his first term he was seen as Superman,Lincoln, FDR, JFK,Spiderman,Batman,the god Apollo,a Pharaoh,and the only member of seal team 6!
He's here, he's there,he's everywhere,so beware!  ::)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 04:31:25 AM »
From Anna;
          "He's here, he's there,he's everywhere,so beware!"  ::)
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yep!  ...just like any other cucaracha ! ;) ;D ...

Offline Val

• A Real Regular
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2012, 04:12:43 AM »

Yeah, he deserves a great deal of credit for his "no brainer" yes to the operation.
Hunting and fishing are not matters of life or death. They are much more important than that.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2012, 04:22:36 AM »
so in the end we should want a pupet in the UN ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !