Author Topic: Shooting range  (Read 1850 times)

Offline BobJ

• Trade Count: (0)
Shooting range
« on: November 20, 2012, 04:23:40 AM »
The local newspaper outdoor reporter was visiting the shooting range, took a lot of pix, so got in the news shooting my cap and ball. Springfield News Leader, Go Outdoors section. Of course they featured the harmless black powder guy, the liberal media doesn't want to show people stuffing banana clips into AK47s! Anyway, the reporter did a very nice job, and got across the point that my 160 year old relic could outshoot most of the ugly black plastic guns on the range that day.

The MO Conservation Dept runs many really nice unsupervised ranges, even furnishes free targets. Nice job.

AND, looked over some rather slow-witted guy's really nice Schmidt Rubin, he had a hard time finding ammo, asked me if he could fire .308 in it because they were about the same size!! Told him where to go to look for ammo; Should have told him it was OK, you know, the Darwin thing. If his rifle wasn't virtually pristine, I would have.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Avid Poster
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Re: Shooting range
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 06:14:53 AM »
Nice video Bob.  You do any other shooting of C&Bs? 
Ken - Waynesville
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee
Man of many Colt's and alter ego of Diabolical Ken
SASS Regulator 28654-L-TG, Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire
Pistoleer/Frontiersman, Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers; Moniteau Creek River Raiders, The Ozark's Posse, Butterfield Trail Cowboys
NRA Endowment Life: NMLRA, GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-115; STORM 327, LASOOS 144, SBSS735

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be."  Ambrose Bierce

Offline BobJ

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 05:17:08 AM »
Ken--Waynesville! Dove in Roubidoux Spring twice, I guess I shouldn't be talking about Darwin...

I also have an Uberti 1862 Police, shoot a little, beautiful but a little frustrating. That's all my c&b, would like a Navy or two sometime since i'm set up for .36. I hear they are accurate revolvers also.

Banana clips are boring, it's the constant pursuit of perfection that draws me to bp.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 07:20:05 AM »
My favorites are a pair of '61 Navies.  They'll shoot one hole at 15 yards offhand - If I don't shake too much.  Cut 5 cards with five shots recently with one of them
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers; Moniteau Creek River Raiders, The Ozark's Posse, Butterfield Trail Cowboys
NRA Endowment Life: NMLRA, GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-115; STORM 327, LASOOS 144, SBSS735

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be."  Ambrose Bierce

Offline BobJ

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 08:18:20 AM »
Ubertis??

Offline Fingers McGee

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 06:30:37 AM »
Yep

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 06:36:19 AM »
Ain't them just abso-durn-lutely BEAUTIFUL!!!  :o :-*

Which reminds me,  :-\  I got to post a pic of my '51 now that I've fitted the GripMaker's grips!   ;D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline BobJ

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 06:46:03 AM »
O-M-G!!

Next month. I will have one. For starters.

What is the fluted cylinder? And the case... Amazing.

Offline Fingers McGee

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 07:24:23 AM »
The fluted cylinder is a Pietta spare that I just put in the case to fill the spot.  It never has been used.  I really need to get some of the reproduction paper cartridge boxes from Bill Shumate to put there.  The case I got from a guy off of E-Bay four or five years ago.  He had a 2nd Gen case advertised & when I talked to him, he said he had two other cases he was going to sell.  I made him an offer & ended up with all three - cheap.  Have no idea who made it or how old it is.  The accessories are 2nd Gen Colt's. 
Those are the pistols I'm shooting in my avatar picture.

Patiently waiting for the pictures AtlLaw

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 08:20:41 AM »

I can't find my camera!   :o   I might have left it in deer camp...  :-[   But I am happy with how the grips turned out!   ;D

Are those them on the 61's?   ???
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 09:31:08 AM »
Ken--Waynesville! Dove in Roubidoux Spring twice, I guess I shouldn't be talking about Darwin...

I also have an Uberti 1862 Police, shoot a little, beautiful but a little frustrating. That's all my c&b, would like a Navy or two sometime since i'm set up for .36. I hear they are accurate revolvers also.

Banana clips are boring, it's the constant pursuit of perfection that draws me to bp.not to mention not having to pick up brass  ;D
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Fingers McGee

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 05:50:55 PM »

I can't find my camera!   :o   I might have left it in deer camp...  :-[   But I am happy with how the grips turned out!   ;D

Are those them on the 61's?   ???

No, as a matter of fact they are American Holly grips I had made by a maker in SoCal about 5 years ago.  They started out pure white and have aged just like ivory over the years.  A lot of people - that don't know what real ivory looks like - think they are ivory grips.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 02:57:20 AM »
I think you also told me about Holly way back when I started my search...  :-\   They sure are fine!   ;D
Richard
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 09:26:22 AM »
Here's my favorite. I've owned it around 40 years and still shoot it. :) Being in the Springfield area do you shoot at Busiek? My son and I shoot there often. :)

Richland Arms British Grey 1860 Old Army

Offline BobJ

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 01:58:19 AM »
Beautiful!

Yes, I shoot at Busiek at least once a week. Usually shoot, then hike one of the trails. Great place.