Author Topic: Countdown to doomsday.  (Read 471 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Countdown to doomsday.
« on: November 20, 2012, 05:14:49 PM »

• Fox News Reporting: Countdown to Doomsday By Fox News Reporting
    Published November 15, 2012 | Fox News   

Wednesday, Nov. 21 at 9 p.m. and midnight ET
    Friday, Nov. 23 at 9 p.m. and midnight ET
    Saturday, Nov. 24 at 4 a.m. ET
    Sunday, Nov. 25 at 10 p.m. ET
        Monday, Nov. 26 at 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. ET
    Mankind has long been fascinated with doomsday and hundreds of thousands of predictions have been made about the end of our world. While most of these are associated with the second coming of Christ, the focus is now on the Maya civilization of Southern Mexico and the end of their calendar on December 21, 2012 -- the coming Winter Solstice. Over 3,000 books and countless websites claim that the Maya predicted the Earth will be destroyed on this date.
    The scenarios are truly frightening: The Earth will be destroyed by colliding with an asteroid or being pulled into the black hole at the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. Others claim a galactic planetary alignment that will tear the Earth apart or the Earth's magnetic poles will shift and our planet will turn upside down.
  •    
    Producer's notebook: 'Mystery of the Maya'
    "Fox News Reporting" correspondents began investigating the Countdown to Doomsday last June 21st on the Summer Solstice. Adam Housley reports from Palenque, the so-called "jewel of the Maya Classic Period," to find out what the Maya believed. Lauren Green travels to the battlefield of Armageddon where the Book of Revelation describes the final battles of good vs. evil. Amy Kellogg is at the prehistoric megalith Stonehenge to see the sun rise and ask the druids if they are there to celebrate or countdown to Doomsday.
  •    
    Assignment: Mexico Maya -- The producer's point of view
    Understanding the New Testament's vision of the second coming of Christ is led by Fr. Mark Arey, whose recent translation of the Book of Revelation from Greek is now illustrated as a graphic novel. Archaeologist Eric Cline describes the doomsday battlefield of Armageddon. Evangelical preacher Marcus Lamb describes his belief that the end is truly near and he's even put up a live Internet camera in Jerusalem to capture Jesus' return.
  •    
    It is a fact that the Maya calendar will end on December 21, 2012. But, don't believe the hype: The world is not about to end. Debunking the doomsday scenarios are astronomer Anthony Aveni, physicist Michio Kaku, archaeologist Christopher Powell and author Graham Hancock. Plus, psychiatrist Dr. Keith Ablow tells why the idea of a doomsday is appealing to some people.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-reporting/2012/11/15/fox-news-reporting-countdown-doomsday#ixzz2CpLDVd1B
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Countdown to doomsday.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 11:51:46 PM »
I believe they need to take into consideration the advent of LEAP YEAR. The Mayan calender has came and went about this past June or July.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Shu

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 03:51:57 AM »
I asked my doctor to give me perscriptions to get me into January of 2013. She asked why, I said the world ends in December. She said I'll call you December 22 and write whatever perscription you need. ;D

If your on blood pressure meds and heart meds 3 months after the collapse of society, you will probably stroke out and be dead anyway so why worry. ;) ;)

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 04:36:00 AM »
I thought doomsday happened on the first tuesday of november 2012.  ;)

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 04:54:26 AM »
"I thought doomsday happened on the first tuesday of november 2012.  ;) "  Certainly the beginning of it for our way of life. As far as the Mayan thing, if it is, it is. My heart is right with God and the rest, ain't nothing I can do about it so I'm not gonna worry about it.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 04:57:46 AM »
Its going to take a "doomsday" when Jesus comes back to straiten out this world man has "screwed " up since its creation.

Offline RevJim

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 05:26:09 AM »
 Well, I celebrate 39yrs of marriage on Dec 21, 2012, so it 'can't" happen then; my wife expects flowers and a fancy dinner plus gifts! ha  You don't want to see her upset!   ;D

Offline frgerald

• Trade Count: (56)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 05:39:43 AM »
Personally, I think the Mayans just needed a bigger rock.... they simply "ran out of rock" and it all ended there!   ;D ::)
Gerald
Food is God's love made edible!

Offline painted horse

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 05:53:02 AM »
I believe the Mayan calendar ended at that point because the guy that was makin the thing died.....no one else knew what the heck he was doing, so, calendar done...I also like the one about runnin out of rock....as for the "preppies" "when in wonder, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout". I think that defines them to a T...

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 07:18:33 AM »
The Mayans could only get so much on the stone.  At the end it was supposed to just start over again.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
got several "doomsday" and
"end of the world" sale flyers
for "survival" and "tactical" crap.
if the world is indeed ending, why
in bleeping bleep would i need any
worldly possessions ? ?
it's not like you were stepping onto
a dock off of a sinking boat.
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Anna

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »
The Mayans LOL  ::) . Go watch Mel Gibson's  Apocalypto. If he ever did anything right he nailed these guys to a tee. Are we as an advanced technical society supposed to believe that a bunch of savage,inbreed,
blood thirsty cannibals were right about anything? Ignorant barbarians who never even discovered the wheel or metallurgy? Astronomy and an intelligent ability to build grand structures ? No, they stole most of this from the people who occupied all of this before they arrived, just like the Aztecs did.
Then screwed it all up while trying to figure out what it all meant.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 02:12:45 PM »
Gosh Anna. That sounds like....................US! ???
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett