Author Topic: Export restrictions  (Read 437 times)

Offline bluez

• Trade Count: (0)
Export restrictions
« on: November 21, 2012, 07:47:23 AM »
I am trying to buy rifle scope mounts from the US through eBay and i get this warning :

It appears this item is restricted for export by the U.S. Department of State (DOS) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR, Parts 120-130) or the Department of Commerce under the Bureau of Industry (BIS) and Security Export Administration Regulations, EAR (15 CFR, Parts 730-774).  ITAR restricted items require an export license granted from the DOS Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) prior to export. EAR restricted items may or may not require a license, depending on the end user and the ultimate country of destination.   
Directing the seller to export without complying with the regulatory licensing and documentation requirements is a violation of United States law.  Please consult DDTC’S website at ww.pmddtc.state.gov and BIS’S website at www.bis.doc.gov for more guidance.  Also, please refer to eBay’s Military Items Policy for additional information.

I don't want to create any trouble for the US seller, and i am sure i can get the same type of parts directly form China (deal extreme). Or any retailer her in Europe. I have googled and try to find out more and i found this :
http://www.justice.gov/usao/waw/press/2011/dec/roose.html
I don't know what they put in the therm military grade rifle scopes.

Are   Schmidt & Bender / Doctor / or Zeiss military grade scopes ?  ( I have seen them all used on military rifles).
However they are all made in Germany, so why is it illegal exporting them to a NATO country in Europe can't be wrong ?

What about Aimpoint, are this military grade scopes ? This are sold every place in online in Europe, can some one
in the US get in trouble for selling this to Europe ?

I can understand restrictions for thermic scopes and other types of equipment, this are important restrictions.

but ordinary rifle scopes ?

Offline bluez

Re: Export restrictions
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 07:56:15 AM »
Isn't it better that European customers buy a US made Leupold scope or parts, than a German made scope ?

Offline jhm

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 05:51:21 AM »
     I am no expert on export, however if I was getting that Msg. from E-bay I would contact them for clarity, and some sellers I see wont ship outside the USA thats their personal notes, I tried to buy a remote control for a surrond system in England I believe and tried to pay for it with a visa card and they refused to accept the card and I have a 800 + credit rating.  Jim

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 05:39:30 PM »
I believe ALL rifle and handgun scopes have export restrictions on them. What that means primarily is only a licensed exporter can ship and even then only to a licensed importer and many countries are on the can't export to list.

Since 9-11 the US has changed drastically and NOT for the better. Folks haven't figured it out yet but most of our freedom is gone.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 08:05:16 AM »
Clinton started it and it has gotten extreme. Anything remotely connected with firearms are affected by those restriction. If you get someone to buy this in the USA for you and ship it as a private individual you can probably get it.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.