Author Topic: How about a "wake up call"?  (Read 815 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
How about a "wake up call"?
« on: November 28, 2012, 01:10:45 AM »
  We have assumed for so long that we live in "the most free country in the world"..that I think we often may be guilty of spouting that time-worn phrase without even considering the real factors involved
    A study group on "economic freedom"... has published it's report for recent years.  This is no "fly by night" (or politics) group.  It was formed in 1996 and includes some Nobel laureates as well as various economic experts:
     http://www.economicfreedom.org/2012/09/18/economic-freedom-of-the-world-2012-annual-report/?gclid=CLb6k_fM8bMCFUWo4AodR1cAdw
  As you can see, since 2000,  when we were rated #2 in economic freedom, we fell to 8th in 2005 and  have fallen to howver between 18th & 19th over the last couple of years.
  With the EPA and various civil/equal rights & monetary branches of govt  making new rules for business every day (EPA 65 laws per day) there is little doubt that by 2012, we are really in a ditch.  What happens when taxes rise even more?  Of course, rising costs and taxes also encroach upon our personal freedom.
   Note: This group is concerned with economic freedom..not individual freedom..
     I suggest we have fared even worse as far as personal & individual freedom is concerned!

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: How about a "wake up call"?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 02:14:50 AM »
Now that he's a lame duck, we're sunk....
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 02:47:40 AM »
There are two--no, three factors that have changed this country from the best to something none of us could ever imagine in such a short time.  Number one of course is electing a communist president; number two is electing too many Dumycrats to political office at all levels and number three is a poopulation that feels like they are entitled.
All of this could be put right, but it would be very, very bloody.  Let's do it.
Swingem

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 04:44:43 AM »
All of this could be put right, but it would be very, very bloody.  Let's do it.
the time is swiftly approaching.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 04:50:58 AM »

+1  :'(
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 05:48:06 AM »
Free Country!?!?!

America has more laws to break than any other nation on earth bar none!

Toss in the regulations created by the buracracies (sp?) and we have more then ALL the other nations combined (or nearly so)

Does that sound like a free country? :-\

When there are thousands of laws and regulations controlling just one of our freedoms I hardly call that freedom. :'(
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline mrcooper

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 05:58:21 AM »
Down fall of America is coming soon, i hope I have 5 years left to watch it. I keep hoping for a miracle and that ALL our evil politician will all drop dead and we could get some god fearing honest people to take their place.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 07:27:54 AM »
  We have assumed for so long that we live in "the most free country in the world"..that I think we often may be guilty of spouting that time-worn phrase without even considering the real factors involved
    A study group on "economic freedom"... has published it's report for recent years.  This is no "fly by night" (or politics) group.  It was formed in 1996 and includes some Nobel laureates as well as various economic experts:
     http://www.economicfreedom.org/2012/09/18/economic-freedom-of-the-world-2012-annual-report/?gclid=CLb6k_fM8bMCFUWo4AodR1cAdw
  As you can see, since 2000,  when we were rated #2 in economic freedom, we fell to 8th in 2005 and  have fallen to howver between 18th & 19th over the last couple of years.
  With the EPA and various civil/equal rights & monetary branches of govt  making new rules for business every day (EPA 65 laws per day) there is little doubt that by 2012, we are really in a ditch.  What happens when taxes rise even more?  Of course, rising costs and taxes also encroach upon our personal freedom.
     I suggest we have fared even worse as far as personal & individual freedom is concerned!

And this didn't just start in the year 2000.we owe all this to the one party system we have created.........The Repcrats, Demopubs, or what ever name you want to give the one party snake with two heads..
Some have awakened, and hopefully more will follow.One can only hope(For their sake) the next generation of voters are smarter than this one.Not sure if (smarter) is the proper word!More like....Desperate!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 07:41:01 AM »

And this didn't just start in the year 2000.we owe all this to the one party system we have created.........The Repcrats, Demopubs, or what ever name you want to give the one party snake with two heads..
Some have awakened, and hopefully more will follow.One can only hope(For their sake) the next generation of voters are smarter than this one.Not sure if (smarter) is the proper word!More like....Desperate!
yep, we should get behind the constitution party and make a change.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline brettcar

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 02:06:31 PM »
I'm ready to go over the "cliff" so we can get started on the recovery. The longer we put it off-- with a new stimulous & printing more money-- the longer the recovery will be. Until my kids & grandkids are still paying for this throughout their lifetime.
When Seconds Count--the Police are only Minutes Away

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 02:17:01 PM »
some of the republicans are caving on the tax issue.  supposedly tax on the rich, but it will affect businesses that only have one or two employees, so the middle class had better grease up.

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 09:06:22 AM »
Maybe all this 'zombie' stuff that I disregarded has more to it than I realized.........

"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 04:50:34 AM »

One of us has the wrong impression what a Lame Duck is. Obama got reelected, why would he be "lame"?
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 05:14:20 AM »
  We hear a lot of complaining about the "two major parties"  having been sold out to longevity and filthy lucre".  The simple fact is, we have a party available which was gaining a great deal of strength.  This party is for lower taxes, smaller taxes, less government and standing by the constitution in it's original intent.  This party is truly "grass roots" and is called the "Tea Party"!
       ...So why did some turn their backs upon it?

If more would back the Tea Party..it couyld really grow..adding disillusioned Republicans as well as those Democrats who have a conscience..and are enduring ever increasing nausea over what the Democrats have become..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Anna

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 05:41:59 AM »
The whole thing is a mess, the demoncrats are but one part of the whole picture. I am a reblubercan.
But it took me some time to see just how bad the Bush clan were screwing things up as well .
Obama can not blame Bush for this any longer, the whole thing rest squarely on the shoulders of an inadequate and greedy Congress that has been that way for decades.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 05:59:52 AM »
Obama got reelected, why would he be "lame"?

Because he can't run anymore!   ;D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 06:04:22 AM »

you beat me to it. :)
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Anna

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 06:09:29 AM »

you beat me to it. :)

That can sure change, if they are bold enough to openly cheat in an election now. What makes us
think they are not bold enough to give us a leader for life ?
Just look at Russia, but the difference here is that Putin actually cares about his country and its standing as a global entity.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 06:30:49 AM »
The 22d Amendment.

They, whoever "they" may be, will never (I hope) be able to repeal it...  :-\

If they are able to ignore it, that means our Constitution is no longer a viable document and of no effect.  That would mean (a) I failed in my oath to protect the Constitution from it's enemies and (b) they are the domestic enemies I was sworn to protect it from!

Unfortunately for the Republic, I will not be alone in my nonfeasance and we will all go quietly into that night... :'(
Richard
Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline 308Win

• Avid Poster
  • US ARMY-1956-1968,the rest I don't remember!
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 07:23:47 AM »
There are two--no, three factors that have changed this country from the best to something none of us could ever imagine in such a short time.  Number one of course is electing a communist president; number two is electing too many Dumycrats to political office at all levels and number three is a poopulation that feels like they are entitled.
Count me out of this one,I'll be in the rear with the Beer and Gear this time,look radio me "YELLO DOG"when you need more AMMO,I'll have it sent up to the line!
How much money must we spend before we learn to concentrate on the front sight?"Col Jeff Cooper"

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 07:47:07 AM »
The 22d Amendment.

They, whoever "they" may be, will never (I hope) be able to repeal it...  :-\

If they are able to ignore it, that means our Constitution is no longer a viable document and of no effect.  That would mean (a) I failed in my oath to protect the Constitution from it's enemies and (b) they are the domestic enemies I was sworn to protect it from!

Unfortunately for the Republic, I will not be alone in my nonfeasance and we will all go quietly into that night... :'(
if obama makes a couple SCOTUS appointments, the constitution will be meaningless.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 07:58:29 AM »
  If more would back the Tea Party..it couyld really grow..adding disillusioned Republicans as well as those Democrats who have a conscience..and are enduring ever increasing nausea over what the Democrats have become..
After this last election, I would say that the Tea Party is about dead.  there's just too many people who are too arrogant to add themselves to a group who is not exactly like they are.
if all the different conservative groups would bury the hatchet and take a democrat tactic like incrementalism we could turn this ship around.
look at the people here at GBO, you have liberals, conservatives, and the bunch who call the conservatives sheeple, neocons, rhinos etc.
so this country is going down the tubes and liberals are not entirely at fault.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Anna

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 08:13:31 AM »
BE, that's like patents who look the other way as their children grow up to be criminals.
In the end that is thier fault that it happened every bit as much as a Captain of a ship is responsible
for what happens on his ship.   

Offline Molon Labe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Come and take them!
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 07:39:28 AM »
The Tea Party was not a viable or real third party option.  It is another example of sheeple with the wool pulled over their eyes.  the whole movement was organized and funded by the Koch Brothers. Read this and look for any number of documentaries on their involvement with not only several political grass roots organizations, but campaign contributions for both the GOP & DEMS.  You can find out more info here:
http://zfacts.com/koch-brothers
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."-Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

"The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on Earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet than live on his knees!" - George Washington

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

Offline magooch

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 09:01:37 AM »

One of us has the wrong impression what a Lame Duck is. Obama got reelected, why would he be "lame"?

Obama was, is and apparently always will be a lame brain.
Swingem

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2012, 10:09:29 AM »
ML, I find it interesting and curious that the zFacts link you posted is also linked on the 'All Things Democrat' website (http://www.allthingsdemocrat.com/pages/educational.php).
That kinda doesnt make your sell for me...........
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 11:12:10 AM »
If you noticed, the gap shot up big time during the Clinton Administration, I think due to the "free trade agreements" Perot warned us about.  All incomes rose during this time, but the rich really got richer with the free trade agreements and cheap foreign labor.  The first one was passed with a Democrat congress and senate with Bill Clinton signing off on it.  Reagans tax cuts did help the rich, but it also stimulated the US economy.  We still had our factories with Reagan.  Money was invested here.  With Nafta, things started moving south, then with Asian nations, then with China in 1998, they couldn't get the factories out fast enough.  Especially the large corporate factories.  Shoes went first, textiles next, then plastics, and others. 

With the giant sucking sound, it took about 10% of our jobs which also provided health care for the workers and their families.  If they had 4 per family, that translates to about 50-80 million people affected, which is about what was not coverned in health care alone.  Hmmm.  Has anyone made this connnection yet? 

We can get some of our factories back, just by lowering corporate tax rates for manufacturing companies who build or have a factory in the US.  The jobs created would reduce dependency on government and provide benefits for workers union or not. 

Getting cheap low cost energy produced here would also help, not just consumers, but factories that need a lot of energy. 

See the snowball effect.  You don't have to lower ALL corporate rates, just manufacturers.  Retailers and distributors will always be here to supply our consumers regardless of where the stuff is made. 

We may not get all manufacturers back, but it will be a start. 

Another way to help is for ALL government entities, fed, state, local, to only buy American made products, such as uniforms, vehicles, tools, office tools, etc.  It might cost a little more, but the offset in keeping or bringing back a factory with workers paying taxes should be worth it. 

RC