Author Topic: Black Congressman Advocates Law Limiting Free Speech  (Read 679 times)

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
Black Congressman Advocates Law Limiting Free Speech
« on: November 29, 2012, 02:38:48 PM »
GA Black congressman Hank Johnson thinks the government should pass a law limited the free speech rights of corporations.  This is the guy who thought Guam  would tip over and capsize if a Marine division was deployed there.   He is a moron. 

Somebody should tell this moron that newspaoers, publishing houses, broadcasting netorks and motion picture studios are all operated by corporations.  If you limit free speech for corporations, you wipe out the  free press in this country.  Corporations are simply individuals who come together for a common purpose in an organization.  Other organizations that jointly exercise free speech are churches,  National Rifle Association, social clubs, etc. 

To think that 600,000 whites died in the Civil War to allow this idiot to  say these things.  What a waste of life.  If he wants free speech limited, let him limit his own free speech and shut up!   

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/11/29/Dem-Rep-Hank-Johnson-Amend-Constitution-to-Restrict-Freedom-of-Speech

Offline two-blocked

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Black Congressman Advocates Law Limiting Free Speech
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 06:02:31 PM »
Not just a Congressman................

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 06:49:41 PM »
Not just a Congressman................
Nope...He is also a dumbass. The first time I saw him talking about Guam capsizing I had a hard time accepting that he was actually being serious.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 01:02:43 AM »
Don't bother telling him anything, just beat him permanently senseless - oh wait, he is that already.  OK, then beat him worse.

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 02:13:13 AM »
Say what you want about this nutcase. It's the thousands of idiots that voted for him I worry about. They are the ones that we'll be coming into contact with when the SHTF. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline dwalk

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 06:11:23 AM »
why not pass legislation limiting the black caucus in congress? can you imagine?

don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 06:54:51 AM »
From lgm270:
"GA Black congressman Hank Johnson thinks the government should pass a law limited the free speech rights of corporations.

Why do you feel compelled to insert "Black" in red ink no less in the original statement you posted?
GuzziJohn

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 07:45:20 AM »
From lgm270:
"GA Black congressman Hank Johnson thinks the government should pass a law limited the free speech rights of corporations.

Why do you feel compelled to insert "Black" in red ink no less in the original statement you posted?
GuzziJohn
the red "black" was my removal of an offensive term for "black" that is not appropriate for a family website.   The next time I will delete the whole thing.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 07:58:48 AM »
  I don't care if some congressman is blue. white, orange or green...  If he's that stupid he doesn't belong in congress... but then again..perhaps that is a very convenient place for stupid people to hang out..there's little danger of being exposed..

What's even worse..
  A) Nobody's free speech should be curtailed..

B) As gypsyman pointed out..he is just one stupid person; imagine how many positively daft people voted for him?

Here's the "Johnson brain trust" in action..30 second video  (watch the admiral ;D )
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOTDsPiK12o
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 08:11:32 AM »
          NEWS FLASH!!      Eleven hundred hours GMT ....this morning..Marines land, Guam capsizes..

See 30 second news video:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITx4aFhASTE
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline 308Win

• Avid Poster
  • US ARMY-1956-1968,the rest I don't remember!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 09:15:32 AM »
In my opinion,Free Speech in the USA has been dead and buried for sometime now.We can no longer express whats on our mind,without being labeled a nutjob, raciest or charges filed for inflammatory/hate/assult,or just he/she hurt my feelings.

Showing my age,I remember the only word we could not say was FIRE,in a crowded  theater,when there was no fire at all.

One of the first things at a young age we were taught was,Sticks And Stones May Brake My Bones,But Names/Words Will Never Harm Me.

I know kinda corney by today's standards!
How much money must we spend before we learn to concentrate on the front sight?"Col Jeff Cooper"

Offline lgm270

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 09:43:44 AM »
From lgm270:

GuzziJohn
the red "black" was my removal of an offensive term for "black" that is not appropriate for a family website.   The next time I will delete the whole thing.

I guess your family never heard of the United Negro College Fund?

The word "negro" was used in all the big civil rights cases from Brown v. Bd. of Education on down.  Marcus Garvey, the famous black nationalist,  organized the Universal Negro Improvement Association  and promulgated the Declaration of Negro Rights.  Garvey was an extraordinary man who was actually elected to be a Black leader, who proposed an ambitious plan for economic development within the  Negro community of his day.  The NAACP used its political muscle to have him convicted of "mail fraud" and kicked out of the country, so frightened was the NAACP of competition for Negro membership and support were they. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Negro_Improvement_Association_and_African_Communities_League

http://www.crf-usa.org/black-history-month/marcus-garvey

Here is a link to the Journal of Negro History established in 1916. 

http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/serial?id=jnegrohistory

Historically, there was never anything wrong with the word "Negro."  It was entirely respectable and was never intended as  or used as an epithet.     The disapproval of the word came in very recently among PC  people with an ax to grind and the ability to dictate to other Americans how we talk and to exert control over  history.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 09:50:20 AM »
My question was why you felt compelled to insert anything to indicate race? Why not simply leave it as a congressman? Race had nothing to do with what appears would be a fairly weird statement from anyone in office.
GuzziJohn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 11:33:40 AM »
My question was why you felt compelled to insert anything to indicate race? Why not simply leave it as a congressman? Race had nothing to do with what appears would be a fairly weird statement from anyone in office.
GuzziJohn
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Guzzi;
  Is it just possible that this congressman;.. one who seems universally quick to point out even an imagined possibility of someone encroaching upon civil rights...is all too hasty to abrogate our "freedom of speech" rights?  (1st article of our Bill of Rights..remember?)

Perhaps lgm270 was touched by the ridiculous irony...at least, that's how I read it..

Do you agree with Rep Johnson, that some rights are indeed more precious than others?  If you do agree with him...perhaps you can furnish us a "top ten" rights list..   Somehow, I doubt you agree with Johnson..

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 11:39:44 AM »
Not just a Congressman................but a lame-brained one...

Offline dwalk

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 01:26:25 PM »
GuzziJohn
for that matter, why allow a "Black cacus" to thrive within the congreessional body? how about the women? black women? hispanic women? hispanics? asian decent? asian women? the list goes on...
this congress is near completley dysfunctional and paralyzed with fear of being called a "Racist", "Hatemonger", "women hater" etc, etc
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 01:34:06 PM »
In my opinion,Free Speech in the USA has been dead and buried for sometime now.We can no longer express whats on our mind,without being labeled a nutjob, raciest or charges filed for inflammatory/hate/assult,or just he/she hurt my feelings.

Showing my age,I remember the only word we could not say was FIRE,in a crowded  teator,when there was no fire at all.

One of the first things at a young age we were taught was,Sticks And Stones May Brake My Bones,But Names/Words Will Never Harm Me.

I know kinda corney by today's standards!
Wearing your pants around your knees and showing your underwear now falls under "free speech"
in my day that was indecent exposure.
today free speech is protected only for minorities.

Offline FPH

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 01:46:22 PM »
GuzziJohn

I agree.....heck just look to Chuck Shumer  (Sp) if you want another dumb ass.

Offline Anna

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 01:49:24 PM »
Fine then, tell him to stop shucking and jiving and go away.

Offline magooch

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 05:45:25 PM »
You want to talk about screwball dingbats--don't leave out the Queen--Nancy Pilosi and there are a bunch of others.  As a matter of fact, most of the left side of both houses of Congress would have a problem with averaging an IQ above room temperature.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 11:08:48 PM »
You want to talk about screwball dingbats--don't leave out the Queen--Nancy Pilosi and there are a bunch of others.  As a matter of fact, most of the left side of both houses of Congress would have a problem with averaging an IQ above room temperature.

Sometimes the truth hurts...but it still can be uproariously funny.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :'(