Author Topic: corporate profits all time high, wages all time low  (Read 13463 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: corporate profits all time high, wages all time low
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2012, 01:48:49 PM »
I am sick of liberals and I'm ready to boot them out at the point of a gun.  If a revolution does happen, I hope these loyalists/liberals remember that some of them were hanged after the first revolution.

If still alive , Thomas Jefferson the "Liberal" would be upset to hear you would want to boot him out of his country at the point of a gun. You behave as if it's just "your" country. It's this my way or the highway approach that is quickly making the NEW extremest republican party irrelevant in future elections as their non inclusive tent continues to shrink.

perhaps a more efficient solution would be to join one of the states Vie - ing to secede
(you know one of the states that are recipients of more of Americas tax dollars than they provide).

Semper Fi
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2012, 02:42:46 PM »

If still alive , Thomas Jefferson the "Liberal" would be upset to hear you would want to boot him out of his country at the point of a gun. You behave as if it's just "your" country. It's this my way or the highway approach that is quickly making the NEW extremest republican party irrelevant in future elections as their non inclusive tent continues to shrink.

perhaps a more efficient solution would be to join one of the states Vie - ing to secede
(you know one of the states that are recipients of more of Americas tax dollars than they provide).
Semper Fi

TJ would NOT be defined aas a "liberal" by todays standards.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline scootrd

« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2012, 02:46:16 PM »

Semper Fi

TJ would NOT be defined aas a "liberal" by todays standards.

What he would not be is a DEMOCRAT NOR A REPUBLICAN ,  But he would still remain a Liberal in his thinking.
and I would go one step further to suspect he would not want to  boot someone out of their own country just because
they disagreed on approaches and solutions to their country's challenges.

Peace be with you ,

Semper Fi
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2012, 02:49:07 PM »

What he would not be is a DEMOCRAT NOR A REPUBLICAN ,  But he would still remain Liberal in his thinking.

Nope! Todays liberals would burn him in effigy.......at the least.

Just like if JFK were alive today and gave his "Ask Not" speech the liberals would butcher him!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline joeinwv

• Avid Poster
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2012, 06:18:06 PM »
      There are 2 kinds of people who cling to this "ideal" of pull yourself up by your own bootstraps: People who have never been seriously down.........and people who were lucky enough to fall in a lagoon and come out smelling like a rose...

There's a third kind of person - the one's who were never given anything, didn't inherit anything and earned everything they have... but that's some far fetched ideal. Guess I had better get used to paying my "Fair Share".

Well, I'm going to bed - There's a lot of deadbeats out there relying on me to go to work tomorrow and pay their way. But that's okay, they probably didn't have a "level playing field".
<funny>

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2012, 10:25:24 PM »
I AM one of those third kind, and y'all would call me a liberal, if you're not calling me something more insulting. What most rightys do not seem to understand is that most of who you call deadbeats are just normal people whose hopes and dreams have been killed. For them, there is no American dream; it's been stolen by people and corporations with more money than God who bled the country dry and then sent jobs overseas so they could suck up the last 5% of money left to the 98% of normal people in the country. Do y'all realize that the average age of fast food worker today is 27? For forty years people have backed the right's sales pitch of trickle down that never happened.  They aren't deadbeats. They have given up. The right gave everything to the top 2%.
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2012, 11:55:13 PM »
I AM one of those third kind, and y'all would call me a liberal, if you're not calling me something more insulting. What most rightys do not seem to understand is that most of who you call deadbeats are just normal people whose hopes and dreams have been killed. For them, there is no American dream; it's been stolen by people and corporations with more money than God who bled the country dry and then sent jobs overseas so they could suck up the last 5% of money left to the 98% of normal people in the country. Do y'all realize that the average age of fast food worker today is 27? For forty years people have backed the right's sales pitch of trickle down that never happened.  They aren't deadbeats. They have given up. The right gave everything to the top 2%.

What makes you think that corporations/businesses just owe people a job, and money? People don't realize that they need to make themselves valuable to a business so that business might hire them for what they can do for the business. To many college kids today are getting degrees in useless fields like fine arts, film and video, drama and theater, music, history, and journalism, then they wonder why no one will hire them. Its no wonder many of them are working at fast food restaurants. If they have given up by the age of 27 shame on them. It is not the top 2% duty to take care of them. If they want a job, they need to make themselves worth something to somebody that will pay them for what they have.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline facetious

« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2012, 12:43:20 AM »
At one time the big threat to the country was the military industrial complex . Now it is the corporate political complex. Funny how all you heard in the 90's was that company's could not compete with  other country's .We got paid enough to live on with a little left over to save or have some of the better things in life. Thy got paid poop and were happy if thy got to sleep in the parking lot. Then the home lone thing got started, any one could get a lone. No money don't  worry ,nothing down, you will be just fine. All set up to fail. Then bang! It all go's down the crapper. You can't make your payment the bank says it can't stay open, company's can't get a lone thy lay you off to save money you lose your home. Thy got all your money and your home. The stock market drops , your 401 tanks you have to pull out what is left to live on. Now the government bail's out the bank that loans it to the company's that put it back in to the bank. Now thy have all your tax money too. By now your living in your car, if you still have a car. The cost of fule to ship stuff back here go's up and company's say thy are going to start making stuff here. To save money?  No so thy can give you a job!! At half what you were making, if you are lucky. More likely a lot less.  Then some moron hooked on Fox News tells you you should be happy thy let you sleep in the parking lot!  All this time every one  is watching the politician's carry on putting on a show for you so you think you are involved. Thy start some astro terf groups to hang tea bags on there hats and make ass's of them selfs and some more ass's to protest them from the other side. Now the company's take that money thy have in the bank and give it to the politician's to get reelected and give them a tax cut for giving them the money to get reelected and use the money thy saved on tax's to give them selfs all raises . And this gos on and on. You go to the poles and vote for the guy you think is on your side and will go to Washington and tax the rich ass holes who cost you your home and all your savings with out stopping to think  that the guy you voted for is one of them! Now the politician's pass laws that raise your tax's! Then tell you that you will just have to keep working a few more years than you had hoped before you retire so thy can tax you some more so thy can pay back the money thy borrowed from China to give to the banks. Now if every gos  as planed you will work you self to death just making enough to get by, saving social security from having to pay you back all the money you paid in to it leaveing more for them. If you no not think things are rigged against  you then you are one of them and not one of use.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2012, 01:01:45 AM »

I almost got a tear going until my BS meter went off. Why do jobs og off shore ? because those normal people demanded more in pay than the market can pay. Fact is alot of those normal people wanted high paying jobs but supported low cost goods from othe places . Start buying American made goods and jobs will return.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2012, 02:31:37 AM »

I almost got a tear going until my BS meter went off. Why do jobs og off shore ? because those normal people demanded more in pay than the market can pay. Fact is alot of those normal people wanted high paying jobs but supported low cost goods from othe places . Start buying American made goods and jobs will return.
LOL, my meter goes off every time I see a post from about 7 folks.
one thing I've started doing is reading the fine print to see where things are made before I buy them.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline scootrd

« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2012, 03:21:42 AM »
I hope we shall crush in its birth the 'aristocracy' of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
Thomas Jefferson

I reckon alot of GOPers, and DNCers too,,,,don't get this.
...TM7

Couldn't agree more ..However ,  it does not resonate amongst those in Washington , nor a few here.

your quote above is paraphrased - the exact quote is as follows -

"a vast accession of strength from their younger recruits, who, having nothing in them of the feelings or principles of '76, now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and monied incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry. Jefferson to William Branch Giles 1825.

"The selfish spirit of commerce knows no country, and feels no passion or principle but that of gain." --Thomas Jefferson

Jefferson wanted enough government to assert the sovereignty of citizens over corporations.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2012, 04:58:13 AM »
Where, exactly, do the rightys think those big money folks GOT their money?

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2012, 05:00:12 AM »

For the last 10-12 years there's been no recession for the 1%_ _ITS BEEN BOOM TIMES. Now if the 1% can just get all the taxes shifted to the underclass, continue off/inshoring labor, and get de-regulated things will be better FOR THEM; i.e. if you prefer mid-evil feudalism.
..TM7

I can tell you this for certain.......I never got a good job from a poor person.
Yeah well_ _where are all these jobs then? And its a matter of balance and not so much idealogy. BTW, A poor person never laid off, fired, offshored, stole the retirement package of anybody either.no they stole work by working under the table or quiting becomming a business . They stole time by not working hard . They out right stole products etc. There are stinkers on both sides.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bug,,,I don't think you know the 1% wealthy very well.  Today most of them inherited their fortunes. The other half of them earn wealth from 'finance' capitalism_ _not production capitalism.If most as noted by you inherted their wealth how could there be another half ? as most is more than half Presently, in the USA (the land of opportunity), you have less of a chance to rise out of the economic situation you were born to than most of Europe and alot of the rest of the world, and with a whole lot more insecurity.doubt that is true with much of Eourpe in a worst mess than us . This is due to an economic system created and maintained for and by the 1%.  Speaking of ole TJ:
I hope we shall crush in its birth the 'aristocracy' of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our governmnet to a trial by strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
Thomas Jefferson
I reckon alot of GOPers, and DNCers too,,,,don't get this.or the consitution .
...TM7

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2012, 05:01:13 AM »
Where, exactly, do the rightys think those big money folks GOT their money?
Work either by them or the ones who left it to them. One thing for sure it didn't come from wealfare hand outs.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2012, 05:15:52 AM »
Yeah well_ _where are all these jobs then?
...TM7

One things is for certain no poor person is creating them!

And for that matter no socialistic government program is really creating them either. Any jobs from government create no wealth.......just redistribute it

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2012, 06:43:15 AM »
...TM7

And for that matter no socialistic government program is really creating them either. Any jobs from government create no wealth.......just redistribute it

I never majored in Business or Management. As a matter of fact! I never majored in anything. (Well) I did gain some knowledge in Journalism as a DJ in my early years. I'll leave the technical aspects to you people on here with those degrees.

One question I would like to ask is............At what juncture does one go from poor to rich.How much does a person need in available cold hard currency or assets to be classified as rich.
One of the highest paying jobs I ever had working for someone else was for a man who owned a small company, and payed top scale in the oil field industry.He, like others working for him were in debt to the Bankers.
He created jobs for around 20 people. I'm sure there are many, many more around the country doing the same. As a small business man, I always had several people on the payroll. I always thought I was middle class, but looking back I was more like upper poor ;)

Aren't you as a LEO working for a collective of poor and middle class people, as well as the rich? Whoever they are.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2012, 07:16:12 AM »
That is one reason I have always advocated using the monopoly laws to break up all the super sized corporations into smaller ones.  No company should be too big to fail.  No bank should be too big to fail.  This would probably eventually eliminate more billionares, but might make far more millionares.  I think it would be better having 30-40 oil companies than the current 5 big ones controling 85% of all liquid fuel production.  Two large chemical companies make most all of the chemicals in America, Dow and DuPont.  The more competition, the lower prices.  If one guy's company can't pay decent wages or benefits, it is easier to quit and go to another one.  Same with textiles, in my area there were about 10 different textile companies about 75 years ago, after mergers, etc, it ended up being 2-3, then they all moved overseas.  With no company being too big to fail, then the government wouldn't go around bailing out the banks or big car companies every time they make bad decisions. 

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2012, 07:43:42 AM »

Aren't you as a LEO working for a collective of poor and middle class people, as well as the rich? Whoever they are.

Yes I'm a LEO....and I know who pays the majority of the taxes that pay my wages....the rich contribute the largest share of taxes.

However I did my time as a small business owner, only one employee though, and I've done my share of time being on the payroll for both large and small companies. Can't recall a single one of those companies being owned by a poor person.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2012, 08:27:56 AM »
...TM7

I "created" mine, and there AIN'T nobody poorer than I used to be. Not in this country. ;D By the way, the "job creators" y'all so studiously defend haven't created ANY, either, so the poor create as many as the rich, from where I'm sitting.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2012, 08:40:54 AM »

Last time I checked, LEOs work for the government, and take taxpayer money without making a profit, so they would be more socialist than I ever could be. :)

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2012, 09:02:06 AM »
A lot of the rightys on this board like to try to blow out someone else's candle just to make their own look a little brighter. Some Christians!sour grapes  ::)

Last time I checked, LEOs work for the government, and take taxpayer money without making a profit, so they would be more socialist than I ever could be. :) Now that's not true at all,  of all govt. workers those that police something be it the highways or taxes etc. they do bring a profit , as a matter of fact there are small townd around that the speed trap they run is one of the biggest capital generators they have.  ;)

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2012, 10:06:33 AM »
A lot of the rightys on this board like to try to blow out someone else's candle just to make their own look a little brighter. Some Christians!

Last time I checked, LEOs work for the government, and take taxpayer money without making a profit, so they would be more socialist than I ever could be. :)

Oh I think you could be/are a LOT more socialist than most here.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2012, 10:24:31 AM »
I have three job creators (contractors), family owned, that work under me.  All three need to add about 2-3 employees each.  They DON'T WANT TO ADD THEM NOW WITH OBAMA IN OFFICE.  Why?  Because they don't know how all his regulations, Obamacare, etc, will affect them.  Things are very complicated for them with all the NEW rules, regulations, and stuff they have to jump through.  IF they hire, and the economy goes south, they have to lay off.  They have to cover some of the unemployment insurance costs, and Obamacare costs to keep them on insurance until they find another job or it finally runs out.  Why do they want to take that chance?  If you took all this new regulation off, and freed them up, they would definately hire.  Unless you run a small business you don't really know all this stuff, especially all the rules regarding construction workers. 

One contractor has 5 total employees counting himself.  One constrution crew, he really needs two.  Two requires a minimum of 3 people, 4 being better.  Hmmm, 2-3 more people could find a job with him IF the economy starts improving and not being stagnant like it is.  (This one does welded steel pipelines, and occationally plastic pipelines)

One contractor has about 8 employees, he really needs about 4 more, same situation.  (This one does plastic pipelines, and occationally steel)

One only has three, but could use 6.  Same situation.  This one does plastic services, and occationally steel services.

Only the first one has a full time welder on the payroll.  The others have to hire a qualified pipeline welder which are also hard to find, charging between $50 and $90 an hour depending on how far they travel away from home.

There is enough work for all in this geographical area to keep them busy even in a bad economy, due to GOVERNMENT mandated pipeline replacements for replacing gas mains.  Not bad on certain old mains, but for instance cast iron in sandy soil will not corrode as fast as cast iron in red clay installed at the same time.  Some is still as clean as the day it was installed over 80 years ago.  Just depends, but not to the government.  They take a shotgun approach to everything. 

Anyways, we already had a replacement program in place based on LEAK history and soil type, not just age. 

So, government intrusion in these daily things is stiffling economic progress and growth. 

I agree some banks and SUPER big corporations should have been left to fail, with no government bailout, and they would have cleaned up their own act. 

Government intrusion created the super rich and keeps the poor and middle class down.  Neither does the government create wealth, they take wealth from the wealth creators to redistributed it.  Some to national defence, highways, etc, but just transfer payments for no good or service, is theft. 

You create your own wealth by hard work, savings, buying good quality products that last.  Why should you have to give some of this up to some drug shooting, baby making, lazy able bodied people?  Republican voters give far more to charity than democrat voters.  Real charity helps people learn how to get out of their condition, not keep supplementing it like government programs do. 

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2012, 10:54:30 AM »
Dixie Dude, good post.   and there thousands out there with cash to start up or hire more, but they don't want to give that cash straight in to obamas stash.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2012, 12:31:34 PM »
i  worked for a poor man  once

he still owes me  4 thousand dollars
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline jimster

« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2012, 01:07:06 PM »
Man, sure is a lot of tear jerkin BS on here today.  Imagine that, a couple of people on the left crying about righty sending jobs out of the country, while the guy they just voted for just sent some billions to China to make some solar panels for us. That's just the tip of the iceberg of what the lefties in charge of this country are sending out of the country. Then they try to equate police officer with a baggy pants worthless lazy welfare bum who sleeps till 1:00pm every day and stays up all night, and they ain't looking for a job or a better life at night either.
Stop yer crying, you voted for all of it, it's happening under your nose by the people you just kept in power...you made your bed, sleep in it.
If anyone is really liberal it's me, and conservative too. I'm not into reps or Dem's or right or left. The socialists stole the name liberal anyway, cause progressive socialist don't have a good ring to it. Liberal my butt...socialist is the word for those who want government to make things better, vote for such, fail, and then cry about it when it don't work out. Liberals, the REAL ones never had much use for government. Then the socialists/communists you keep in charge are doing exactly what you say "righty" was doing...and righty ain't been around or in power for a long time...YOU HAVE.  I figured I heard it all when the first post was crying about "republican corporations"....I guess if you let these threads go long enough there is no end to this insane blather.

Instead of wasting your energy beating up "righty", why don't you call your president and senators up that YOU elected and ask THEM why they are sending your tax dollars to other countries right now...the reps are gone...in case you have not noticed!  Or maybe the socialists have not yet figured out they been shootin themselves in the foot, I hear it takes a while to feel the pain.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2012, 01:31:48 PM »
Here is the latest corporate employee screw job  -

A buddy of mine works for IBM and told me IBM just announced today a change in how matching contributions to 401K will now be made. IBM has decided it needs the cash more than employees and thus will hold onto it for the full calendar year keeping any gains for itself. They will no longer provide matching contribution each pay period.

IF you manage to stay employed through Dec 15, then you can have the contribution amount earned all year on the last business day of the year.

But get let go anytime on or before Dec 14 of each year and IBM gets to keep it all.

This will enable IBM to continue their road-map to 2015 strategy of off-shoring the majority of US Jobs overseas to increase market share while avoiding pension payouts and matching 401k contributions.

This time they didn't even try to sugar coat it as if it was something good for employees.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2012, 01:39:21 PM »
your friend should just do find a better job......and quit whining

why  wouldn't a company leave here???

one  hand they can't make  tooooo much money  or they are villanized
they leave  and they are villanized

by the very people that they gave the best opportunity
if they didn't offer your friend his best opportunity
WHY DID HE WORK THERE??
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2012, 03:29:19 PM »
Oh, yeah, the top 2% have their employees' best interests at heart. What y'all do not understand is big money , in fact business in general, is all and only about money. Not you, not their religion, not doing the right thing, not taking care of anything except themselves. Business, by definition, is the same as psychopath. Without regulation, which the right have steadily eliminated over the past 40 years, they would sell you for your blood to water their tomatoes if the can sell the tomatoes.

Offline Anna

« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2012, 03:44:22 PM »
Well communist didn't even have the tomatoes to water ! Or toilet paper,fresh meat,fruit, so its as they said it was. They pretended to pay us so we pretended to work.