Author Topic: Cantor releases 2013 House schedule - are you kidding me .  (Read 272 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
Cantor releases 2013 House schedule - are you kidding me .
« on: December 01, 2012, 06:06:49 AM »
126 days.
That's how many days the U.S. House of Representatives is scheduled to be in session next year, according to the schedule released Friday by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va.

126 out of 365. Why do we even send these idiotss to Washington ?. They are never in session working.

We should tie their paychecks to performance . If we did they would probably draw less than minimum wage !!!!
Disgusting!!!!!
Calendar here  -

http://auburnpub.com/blogs/eye_on_ny/house-majority-leader-eric-cantor-releases-schedule/article_da8a102a-3b1e-11e2-bbd8-001a4bcf887a.html?comment_form=true

"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Cantor releases 2013 House schedule - are you kidding me .
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 11:59:54 AM »
Even allowing for weekends, federal holidays and two weeks vacation they are working half of what the average Joe or Jane does. They make several times as much as the average person, get far better health and retirement packages than the average person.  And for the most part never have to worry about getting laid off or fired. 

I keep telling my 13 year old wiz kid, daughter to "Go into politics and become a senator or congressperson.  You won't have to break your back like me to make a living and you will be set for life".   
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline -Shaggy-

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 01:33:05 PM »
126 days!!!!

That's waaaay too much time for them to be "working". The house and the senate should be in session maybe one day a month. That would be plenty of time for them to accomplish all the "good" that they are going to do.

The rest of they time they are together is spent ramming this country further down the rat hole. After their one day of "good work", they should be herded onto buses and driven around the country to see firsthand the misery they are creating, and the people of this fading country should be given the opportunity to pelt them with rotten fruits and vegetables.

Expecting the congresscritters that have created the mess to fix that mess by spending more time messing around together is just not facing reality. The best thing they could all do is go home and stay home. The country might have a slim chance of surviving if they would stop getting together and making things worse.

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 01:44:44 PM »
If they were truly market driven they would go on piece work, so much per X amount of legislation passed.  ??? :-\ :o Orrr......maybe not........ ::)
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.